Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Fair enough. I was a KJV apologist who believed that the King James was the only faithful translation until this. The spirit of anti-christ is fulfilling prophecy right now from Daniel 7:25. He even changed that particular verse by putting a modern term into it.
Dn:7:25: And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
"Wear out" used to be "vex". Imagine that! So what does it say? He'll think to change TIMES (history) and LAWS (the word). And then that power will be given to him. I don't think we're in the tribulation just yet, but he will be revealed (2Thes:2:3:) for who he is, and then I believe we God's people are gonna be outta here!

Shall I continue?
Sure, continue.

We believe we are in the end times, possibly near the end of the end times. We know the world is more and more deluded and accepts more and more depravity as the norm . I suspect ( nobody can really prove) that we are in pre tribulation times but close. Nobody knows how close. But if something is cooking with this ME idea, then something has been released from heaven to give the enemy that permission. If it's messing with scripture it's very likely a spiritual matter and not just a spin off from something "quantum". If you think about it though, the spiritual realm is just a dimension away and if by way of disruption/ interactions between the dimensions is taking place we have started down a path that is out of our control anyway. But nothing can happen that God doesn't know.

Meanwhile ( till more develops or not for that matter)I'll stick with my NKJV !

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll stick with my NKJV
That's fine Dave. Because IMHO, as of right now, there isn't a true and faithful rendering in the English language in my eyes. And there has been changes in the NKJV as well as the other versions with the Alexandrian texts. For instance, look into the gospels and see if there is still a harmony.

Do you remember the man who was possessed by Legion who the Lord cast the demons out? Luke 8 & Mark 5 said there was "one" man possessed. Matthew 8 used to agree until now. Now in Matthew 8, we see there were two men. Mt:8:28: And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. (KJV)

Look in your own NKJV at Matthew 8 and tell me what you see. Is the harmony of the Gospels now gone in your version?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's fine Dave. Because IMHO, as of right now, there isn't a true and faithful rendering in the English language in my eyes. And there has been changes in the NKJV as well as the other versions with the Alexandrian texts. For instance, look into the gospels and see if there is still a harmony.

Do you remember the man who was possessed by Legion who the Lord cast the demons out? Luke 8 & Mark 5 said there was "one" man possessed. Matthew 8 used to agree until now. Now in Matthew 8, we see there were two men. Mt:8:28: And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. (KJV)

Look in your own NKJV at Matthew 8 and tell me what you see. Is the harmony of the Gospels now gone in your version?
Funny you should mention this, I've been in an online study from 2014, 11 parts on free indeed. About the 3rd video in was on these verses and he was quoting from Luke not Matthew and it was one man. The account in my NKJV for Matthew 8 says 2 men, so does NIV and Amplified as well as the Geneva bibles. Here is the deal, the Luke version speaks of Legion, Matthew does not and I don't recall that it ever did. Mark 5 also speaks of Legion ( incidentally Legion is the voice that speaks to Jesus through the possessed man). I'm not convinced that Matthew ever stated one man, do you think it once stated Legion ? I believe peoples interpretations are of what was, now isn't, perhaps. But I rather doubt black ink is changing letters in paper books. Just sayin. But I'm still open to hear more because I do believe there is something going on, if not in print then possibly in peoples minds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not convinced that Matthew ever stated one man, do you think it once stated Legion ?
It's OK sir that you aren't convinced. I on the other hand have extensively studied the harmonies because they mattered. As far as Legion being in Matthew; yes sir. It most certainly was.

The spirit of anti-christ and the changes are strictly a spiritual thing emanating from the spiritual realm. Time isn't a relative thing there. When the scriptures tell us that a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day, we can understand how time is perceived in the spiritual realm. There you can look back and forwards through time. It's not linear! With God's permission, those times can be altered and consequentially, events. Do you get my drift. It isn't a dimensional thingy so to speak, but a spiritual ability on the part of the AC.

Would you like other examples? I have plenty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's OK sir that you aren't convinced. I on the other hand have extensively studied the harmonies because they mattered. As far as Legion being in Matthew; yes sir. It most certainly was.

The spirit of anti-christ and the changes are strictly a spiritual thing emanating from the spiritual realm. Time isn't a relative thing there. When the scriptures tell us that a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day, we can understand how time is perceived in the spiritual realm. There you can look back and forwards through time. It's not linear! With God's permission, those times can be altered and consequentially, events. Do you get my drift. It isn't a dimensional thingy so to speak, but a spiritual ability on the part of the AC.

Would you like other examples? I have plenty.

Yes, I already said continue ( if you have the will and energy of course) because I believe something is happening if not in print then interpretation there of.. As I said way back nearer the beginning of the thread, I have a friend who is convinced of this as well, he's already fed me a bunch of these a year back or so.. What's going on in the old testament, anything there ?

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's going on in the old testament, anything there ?
Yep, mystical animals and critters are being inserted. ie, Unicorns and Satyrs.
Nm:23:22: God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn. (KJV)
Nm:24:8: God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows. (KJV)
Dt:33:17: His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh. (KJV)
Jb:39:9: Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? (KJV)
Jb:39:10: Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? (KJV)
Ps:22:21: Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. (KJV)
Ps:29:6: He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn. (KJV)
Ps:92:10: But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil. (KJV)
Is:13:21: But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. (KJV)
Is:34:7: And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. (KJV)
Is:34:14: The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest. (KJV)

In Job we now see a description of a fire breathing dragon that wasn't there before. Job 41

Reactions: Howard1955
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yep, mystical animals and critters are being inserted. ie, Unicorns and Satyrs.
Nm:23:22: God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn. (KJV)
Nm:24:8: God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows. (KJV)
Dt:33:17: His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh. (KJV)
Jb:39:9: Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? (KJV)
Jb:39:10: Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? (KJV)
Ps:22:21: Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. (KJV)
Ps:29:6: He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn. (KJV)
Ps:92:10: But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil. (KJV)
Is:13:21: But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. (KJV)
Is:34:7: And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. (KJV)
Is:34:14: The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest. (KJV)

In Job we now see a description of a fire breathing dragon that wasn't there before. Job 41
In Job 39:10 both the NKJV and the AMP say wild ox, which is what I recall. The Douay Reihms has rhinoceros fwiw. So what do you make of this ?

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wild Ox is exactly what it was in the KJV!
So what do you make of this ?
Look how many English speaking peoples have used and trusted the KJV. What better way to wear out (VEX) the saints of God than to make their mainstay look ridiculous. It's a spiritual attack that won't even be realized or noticed for the most part because they believe it physically impossible. I've talked to those like me, that have been in the word for decades, but once it was pointed out to them, they refuse to believe it. Even after I've heard them quote the scriptures like they used to be... They sill refuse. However I've seen some admitted it for what it is.

Think about it, it's because of a doctrine called dispensationalism! Many believe that there isn't any other prophesy to be fulfilled except the return of the Lord for His bride. They refuse to admit that Daniel 7:25 could happen before the Lords coming. Also that Amos 8:11-12 is taking place before the calling out. They are stuck in a rut... What better tool for AC to use than God's peoples own stubbornness? Their pride if you will.

Reactions: Howard1955
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Pride is huge indeed, probably the Christians biggest enemy creating post cross strongholds. But there are dispensations, we believe in dispensations or time frames within scripture if you will. I don't see the connection between that ( even Paul spoke of dispensations,IE time past, but now in this time revealed etc etc) and changed bible verses or believing they have changed, or not for that matter. Stubbornness and pride, to me, comes out of the flesh not from a dispensation. So I'm not in tune with what you are trying to convey.

Setting all that aside; So what do you personally do about this phenomenon ?

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, I study twice as much or more than I have ever studied. I rely quite a bit on my personal notes from over the years, and am looking constantly for residue. Hey, only the Good Lord does things perfect. Satan and his antichrist, not so much. So there's almost always some type of residue to confirm the changes. It's out there, I've found some. I just need to find the rest if the Lord's willing.

As for preaching, I try to model my preaching after Paul before Agrippa. (Acts:26) Constantly looking for souls to lead to the Lord. What else can I do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stubbornness and pride, to me, comes out of the flesh not from a dispensation. So I'm not in tune with what you are trying to convey.
It's the rigid beliefs many place around it. Maybe that's an explanation for a later time.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Personally, I study twice as much or more than I have ever studied. I rely quite a bit on my personal notes from over the years, and am looking constantly for residue. Hey, only the Good Lord does things perfect. Satan and his antichrist, not so much. So there's almost always some type of residue to confirm the changes. It's out there, I've found some. I just need to find the rest if the Lord's willing.

As for preaching, I try to model my preaching after Paul before Agrippa. (Acts:26) Constantly looking for souls to lead to the Lord. What else can I do?
Feed His Sheep ! We here can get caught up in soul winning but the sheep need feeding so they can help too.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, actually it probably belongs in the Prophesy section if there is one.
The word "probably" is not a strong enough reason to give the m.e. any uncredited authority as Bible prophecy.
The Parson said:
People are calling this manifestation the "Mandela Effect" when actually the ME is a result of unfulfilled prophecy like Amos 8:11-12, or Daniel 7:25. Not the cause but the result.
An unfulfilled prophecy is unfulfilled because it hasn't happened. So, you are trying to use scripture to prove that something has happened, but at the same time, you are saying that it hasn't because no prophecy is fulfilled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The word "probably" is not a strong enough reason to give the m.e. any uncredited authority as Bible prophecy.
M.E. is something formulated by this Theona Broome woman who is into the occult. I try not to give it too much credence. ME isn't the reason but may very well be the result.
An unfulfilled prophecy is unfulfilled because it hasn't happened. So, you are trying to use scripture to prove that something has happened, but at the same time, you are saying that it hasn't because no prophecy is fulfilled.
So then if it's happening now, does that make it fulfilled or is it being fulfilled? Your statement doesn't quite make sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
By the way, Strongs concordance on Job 39:10 from the KJV says the word unicorn is not known but probably refers to a species of wild bull. It gave a certain name which I didn't write down. Most commentaries I have found refer to the wild ox as the NKJV says. I haven't found yet another word used there in place of unicorn in the KJV text. We know many words in the KJV didn't have a direct translation into that old style English though. I've only done a short search here but I haven't found anything yet indicating that the KJV ever said anything but Unicorn. Just sayin, not yet anyway.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Mandela Effect is when our world or reality changes, and we remember another previous reality.
Not really. The Mandela Effect occurs when a significant number of people "remember" things that never happened. The example of the people who "remember" Nelson Mandela dying in prison, which of course he did not.

One of the things that convinces me that we are living in the last days, is the alterations to the bible. This is done across the board - very old printed copies of the bible are changed, going back to day one, as if it has always been like so. Concordances are changed. All bible versions are altered, but especially the King James.
No, that's simply silly.

Luke 19: 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. Does anyone remember Jesus saying the above in their reality?
Well, it's been there since my great grandmother's KJV was printed back in the late 19th century (I just looked), as it is in my KJV I bought new almost a century later.

Our memories get flaky with old age, mate. The Bible hasn't changed, but it sounds like your memory of it has.

Example of that. My dad worked on a Sun Oil tanker in the early 50s that had been torpedoed in the Florida Strait during WW2. This was early in the war, before they armed merchant ships, so the tanker was stopped by a surfaced U boat, whose skipper ordered the crew off, told them that rowing a few miles over to Florida would do them good, torpedoed the ship, then roared away, still on the surface. Tankers loaded with crude don't burn all that good, so after a half hour or so the fire went out, the crew pulled back over the ship, got aboard made everything secure, and headed for the nearest port. Good story, and true.

My mom knew the story very well,but as she grew older, the story of dad's ship got mixed up with bits of old war movies and older news reports, and she began to believe that my dad was aboard the ship when it was attacked (he was in Texas somewhere learning to fly B-24s at the time), and that not only had the crew gone back aboard the ship and steamed away, but they'dchased down the submarine and rammed it, which not only never happened, but would have been impossible even if she hadn't had a big honkin' hole in her side.

History hadn't changed. The world hadn't changed. Only mom's memory changed. No particle accelerators, no satanical conspiracies, no paranormal crapola, just getting two unrelated stories intertwined. Such is life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some say this is a result of what has been happening at CERN.
That's from the "CERN is magic" crowd.

If you've ever watch The Flash you will see that many others are aware of this but it's not Sci-Fi. They talk about Earth 1 and Earth 2 etc and that really is just another way of saying Dimension or Plane.
The Flash is a comic book character.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
M.E. is something formulated by this Theona Broome woman who is into the occult.
She didn't invent it, she just seized upon it to suport her new age flapdoodle. The simple fact is that a good many people "remembered" something that didn't happen, and others noted that that there was a lot of that going around. The idea that "history changed" is nonsense.

Upvote 0