Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is no requirement of sinless perfection.

The Meaning of 1 John 3:9 - Faith Baptist Bible College

^^ good read when you have time.
Thanks. Actually I don't believe in sinless perfection and don't believe the Bible does either. I believe a believer can be sinless but not perfect. Perfecting comes over time but from the starting point of having no sin (against Yahweh.) If life is between -100 and +100, then when a believer receives Christ's whole cleansing they reach 0 (sin is in the minus region.) Then begins the perfecting (in the positive region). A person may have a disagreement or misunderstanding with another believer or with anyone. That isn't sin but applying the grace of Christ, the person learns how to manage these things in a better way. And so bit by bit is perfected.

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
Thanks. (I can't find the Delete my account button hence the reason I'm still here. I have asked the administrators of the site.)
This text it seems to me confirms John 3:16. That Yahweh loved (past tense) the world (His world whom He had always loved - the sons of Jacob - ie 'usward') so he sent Jesus to them so that none would perish. He didn't want any of them to perish and that all would come to repentance.
First Yahweh sent out John the Baptist, then Jesus, then the apostles. Sadly, as Jesus knew would happen, many still rejected Jesus but the few were saved from the judgement that fell on that generation (for all the sins from Abel to Zachariah.)

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible did tell us if you are willing to read it literally. Peter only addressed the Jews during early Acts and only went to Cornelius "under protest", after Stephen was stoned.
I'm sorry. I thought you were asking me about today not back then. What you say here is certainly true.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am going to be leaving this website shortly. It was nice for the short time I was here. Someone has taken offence to something I have said. I never aim to offend anyone so I'm very sorry that has happened. Therefore, so it doesn't happen again, I will delete my account (once I find out how to do that.)

I have appreciated those of you who have engaged in biblical matters with me. My constant desire is only to know the truth. For those who were asking, yes I have sinned since accepting Jesus as Saviour and so I do not count myself as part of the Living holy church, for John says in 1 John 3 that a believer cannot sin and if he does he does not know Jesus. I accept that. I do not believe that 1 John 1 applies to me because that was my state before trusting Jesus. I cannot ask forgiveness again because he died once for sins. (Hebrews tells me that.)

As I have no other grounds for life, I continue to honour Yahweh Elohim and the teachings of his son Jesus. I endeavour to do what is right, knowing it does not count towards salvation or toward anything in Yahweh's eyes. I happily accept whatever happens to me at the end of this life. In the meantime, I enjoy the life he has given me and am thankful every day for it.

Shalom.

Stumbling occasionally and living a sinful life are very different. Don't be too hard on yourself. God pulls us out of the quicksand of sin slowly, lest we be torn apart. :eek:

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stumbling occasionally and living a sinful life are very different. Don't be too hard on yourself. God pulls us out of the quicksand of sin slowly, lest we be torn apart. :eek:
Thanks. The stumbling isn't the issue. The issue is what constitutes a sinful life. There are grey areas here that I consider I step over so rather than say (to myself) I don't sin, I say I do. I believe the Lord knows me so he knows where I am in regard to my relationship with Him. There I leave it with Him, continuing to trust Him day by day.

I try to look for the best in others and try to encourage and help them where I am able. I judge no-one because that is the Lord's arena. If I have a dispute with someone (or vice versa), I go to that person privately and try to sort it out. This always works for me so I don't need to go further. I try to do the same in my job (as I am general manager over many commercial and residential properties.) I try to apply biblical principles, not lawfully but graciously.

I still have much to learn. I am 65 and spend much of my spare time researching all the things I don't know about the planet I live on. I am fascinated with its creation (all forms of animate life and matter) around me - what I can see and what is so small I can't see it, and the universe above, and space/time conundrums. I have written dozens of short fiction stories (various genre: humor, sci-fi, travels, parables) about the things I reflect on day by day. I write these for myself because I know what I like to read and I often pick up my own stories and read them again, and smile and wonder some more. Occasionally I post them, to my family and friends.

Life is very full and there are barely enough hours in a day to do all I want. But the Lord wisely chose just 24 hours in a day with about 8 hours for sleep for a healthy life. I hope my children and grandchildren have picked up something of my zest for learning and writing, and that they will be gracious towards others, and want to explore and extract and pass on the best from life.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. The stumbling isn't the issue. The issue is what constitutes a sinful life. There are grey areas here that I consider I step over so rather than say (to myself) I don't sin, I say I do. I believe the Lord knows me so he knows where I am in regard to my relationship with Him. There I leave it with Him, continuing to trust Him day by day.

I try to look for the best in others and try to encourage and help them where I am able. I judge no-one because that is the Lord's arena. If I have a dispute with someone (or vice versa), I go to that person privately and try to sort it out. This always works for me so I don't need to go further. I try to do the same in my job (as I am general manager over many commercial and residential properties.) I try to apply biblical principles, not lawfully but graciously.

I still have much to learn. I am 65 and spend much of my spare time researching all the things I don't know about the planet I live on. I am fascinated with its creation (all forms of animate life and matter) around me - what I can see and what is so small I can't see it, and the universe above, and space/time conundrums. I have written dozens of short fiction stories (various genre: humor, sci-fi, travels, parables) about the things I reflect on day by day. I write these for myself because I know what I like to read and I often pick up my own stories and read them again, and smile and wonder some more. Occasionally I post them, to my family and friends.

Life is very full and there are barely enough hours in a day to do all I want. But the Lord wisely chose just 24 hours in a day with about 8 hours for sleep for a healthy life. I hope my children and grandchildren have picked up something of my zest for learning and writing, and that they will be gracious towards others, and want to explore and extract and pass on the best from life.

We have a lot in common.

I have managed a 50 unit apartment building for over 40 years, and have owned and managed my own 8 unit for 18 years. My management style is to place 1st priority on providing a clean, safe, and pleasant residence for my tenants.

I too wrote short stories (in the distant past). I enjoy rereading one in particular that I wrote for my daughter when she was enamored with unicorns and Pegasus's as a child.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry. I thought you were asking me about today not back then. What you say here is certainly true.

If the GC was only meant for the Jews back then, it cannot be for the Gentiles now.

We are now under the commission in 2 Corinthians 5:11-21, which is without signs and wonders that were part of the GC in Mark 16:17-18

Upvote 0