✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
The Loud Cry

When Adventists talk about “the loud cry;” they are usually referring to Rev 18:1-5

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
It is important to note here that “the earth was lightened with his glory;” at the time of this loud cry; and also, we have not yet reached the point in our world’s His-Story where “all nations” have partaken of this “wine” from Babylon.

To start with; I would like to ask, in particular, non-Adventists, what you think “Babylon” is, as mentioned in this Bible text?

Please keep in mind that this forum is for Adventists to share/explain the official beliefs of our church and refrain from setting us straight on this topic; especially with a bunch of Ellen White quotes. . The aim here, for this topic, is to study scripture, and what it says about “the loud cry,” and how this “loud cry” fits into the Adventist views of Bible prophecy.

On an official basis, the fundamental Adventist belief which ties in most closely with the topic of “the loud cry;” is Fundamental Belief #13:

The universal church is composed of all who truly believe in Christ, but in the last days, a time of widespread apostasy, a remnant has been called out to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. This remnant announces the arrival of the judgment hour, proclaims salvation through Christ, and heralds the approach of His second advent. This proclamation is symbolized by the three angels of Revelation 14; it coincides with the work of judgment in heaven and results in a work of repentance and reform on earth. Every believer is called to have a personal part in this worldwide witness.-Fundamental Beliefs, 13
In closing; I am asking people, what do you think the Bible means here by “Babylon?” How would you support your answer from scripture?