✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY?

Hi all, for friendly discussion only please...

WHAT IS THE GREEK MEANING OF THE LORD'S DAY?

There seems to be some debate and confusion over which day "the Lords day" is referring to in Revelation 1:10 the meaning of the scripture from Greek to English is translated from the KJV

Revelation 1:10 [10], εγενόμην εν πνεύματι εν τη κυριακή ημέρα και ήκουσα φωνήν οπίσω μου μεγαλήν ως σάλπιγγος

Revelation 1:10 [10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

In the Koine Greek, "the Lords day" κυριακή (kyriakós; G2960) ημέρα (hēméra: G2250) simply means the day belonging to the Lord or the Lord's ownership of "the day".

The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT?

With the above Koine Greek meanings in mind the next question can be considered. What day is "the Lords day" referring to from the scriptures that the Lord specifically claims ownership of?

Matthew 12:8 For THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY

So according to the very words of Jesus in the scriptures "the Lords day" is the Sabbath day. Here we can see Jesus claiming that he is the Lord of the Sabbath day, taking ownership which is the meaning of κυριακή ημέρα (the Lords ownership of the Sabbath day)

John in Revelation 1:10 is referring to Jesus as creator of heaven and earth by calling Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath just as he did in John 1:1-4; 14. The Lord's day is the Sabbath day!

Mark 2:28, Therefore THE SON OF MAN IS LORD ALSO OF THE SABBATH.

Luke 6:5 And he said to them, that THE SON OF MAN IS LORD ALSO OF THE SABBATH.

Once again the Sabbath day is "the Lords day" and Jesus is taking ownership of the Sabbath day meaning he is the creator God of the Sabbath; meaning he is the God of creation and the creator of heaven and earth (Genesis 2:1-3)

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY FROM OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE?

We have seen above from the new testament scriptures that Jesus claims to the the Lord of the Sabbath day. That is he claims to be the God of creation and the Lord of the Sabbath claiming ownership of of the Sabbath day which is the meaning of κυριακή ημέρα (the Lords ownership of the day). According to the scriptures of the new testament Jesus is claiming ownership of the Sabbath day.

In the old testament God has also always claimed ownership of the Sabbath day has His...

Isaiah 58:13 [13] If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, THE HOLY DAY OF THE LORD honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words

Exodus 31:12-18 [12] Then the Lord said to Moses, [13] Say to the Israelites, You must observe MY SABBATHS (belonging to; ownership to the Lord; or LORD'S DAY). This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Leviticus 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Once again God is claiming ownership of the Sabbath day (Revelation 1:10 κυριακή ημέρα) calling the Sabbath "my holy day" or "the holy day of the Lord" and "My Sabbaths"

Deuteronomy 5:14 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...
Leviticus 23:3 ... THE SABBATH OF THE LORD...
Exodus 31:15 ... THE SABBATH OF REST HOLY TO THE LORD
Exodus 20:10 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...

Once again God is claiming ownership of the Sabbath day (Revelation 1:10 κυριακή ημέρα) to the "Sabbath of the Lord" or "the Sabbath of rest holy to the Lord".

WHY DOES GOD AND JESUS CLAIM OWNERSHIP OF THE SABBATH DAY?

Why then does God and Jesus claim ownership of the Sabbath day (Revelation 1:10 κυριακή ημέρα)?

Genesis 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

Links to God’s 4th Commandment

Exodus 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY [Made Holy at creation Genesis 2:3]. [9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY [Genesis 2:1-3] IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [WHY?] [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. [Refering to Genesis 2:1-3]

God claims ownership of the Sabbath because on it he rested from creating the heavens and the earth where he blessed the Sabbath as a holy day of rest for all mankind as a memorial of creation and a celebration of God as the creator of Heaven and earth (Mark 2:27-28).

CONCLUSION

The "Lords day" is the Sabbath day according to the scriptures. There is no scriptural links to "the Lords day" in Revelation 1:10 being in reference to "Sunday" or the "the first day of the week". In Revelations 1:10 "Lords Day κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ does not link to any scripture reference in the NEW TESTAMENT to μιά των σαββάτων (the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK). In Revelation 1:10 κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ is used in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day which as shown above from the scriptures from both the old and new testament that the day Jesus and God claims ownership of is the Sabbath day. Revelation 1:10 says no where in the scriptures that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the first day of the week. The claim that "the Lords day" is Sunday is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures.

CHALLENGE FOR THOSE WHO CLAIM SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S DAY

Your challenge here is that if you disagree with the scriptures provided above that prove that "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is the Sabbath day, please provide a single scripture from God's Word showing that "the Lords day" in Revelation 1:10 is referring to Sunday or the first day of the week. Scripture only please as we know what the man-made teachings and traditions of men are in regards to "the Lords day" from sources outside of the bible. This OP is to examine if these outside sources outside of the bible are biblical or not.

God bless...

Last edited:

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
On day four of creation, God created the sun, moon, and stars so we could keep time.

Therefore, all of the days are the Lord's. Without the Lord, there would be no days.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
On day four of creation, God created the sun, moon, and stars so we could keep time. Therefore, all of the days are the Lord's. Without the Lord, there would be no days.

Hello Michael, indeed the Lord made every day but as shown in the OP it is only the Sabbath day that he claims as His holy day *Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 31:12-18; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:15; Leviticus 23:3; Exodus 31:15; Exodus 20:10. "The Lord's day" therefore according to the scriptures is the Sabbath day not Sunday or the first day of the week. The latter is a man-made teaching and tradition outside of scripture that is not biblical. So which day according to the scriptures is "the Lords day"? According to the very Words of Jesus, "For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day" - Matthew 12:8. According to the scriptures "the Lords day" is the Sabbath day.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
At the time John wrote Revelation "the Lord's Day" was a commonly used term in Christian circles that referred to Sunday, the day Jesus rose from the dead. This can be seen in the earliest of Christian literature, some of which dates back to the 1st Century, the same time or even before John wrote Revelation:

Didache 14:1 "But every Lord's day gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. "

Ignatius, Magnesians 9:1 "... no longer sabbatizing but living according to the Lord's Day on which also our life arose through him and through his death."

Gospel of Peter 35 "But during the night before the Lord's day dawned, while the soldiers were watching two by two as guards, there was a great voice in heaven."

Gospel of Peter 50 "Now at dawn on the Lord's day, Mary Magdalene, a disciple of the Lord, afraid because of the Jews (since they were inflamed by anger), had not done at the Lord's grave what women are accustomed to do for their loved ones who've died."

Is there any literary evidence from that period that the "Lord's Day" refers to the Jewish Sabbath?

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello Michael, indeed the Lord made every day but as shown in the OP it is only the Sabbath day that he claims has His holy day *Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 31:12-18; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:15; Leviticus 23:3; Exodus 31:15; Exodus 20:10. "The Lord's day" therefore according to the scriptures is the Sabbath day not Sunday or the first day of the week. The latter is a man-made teaching and tradition outside of scripture that is not biblical.

God bless
I was referring to Paul's teaching in Romans 14 about days that are unto the Lord.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LoveGodsWord said:

There seems to be some debate and confusion over which day "the Lords day" is referring to in Revelation 1:10 the meaning of the scripture from Greek to English is translated from the KJV

Revelation 1:10 [10], εγενόμην εν πνεύματι εν τη κυριακή ημέρα και ήκουσα φωνήν οπίσω μου μεγαλήν ως σάλπιγγος

Revelation 1:10 [10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

In the Koine Greek, "the Lords day" κυριακή (kyriakós; G2960) ημέρα (hēméra: G2250) simply means the day belonging to the Lord or the Lord's ownership of "the day".

The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

With the above Koine Greek meanings in mind the next question can be considered. What day is "the Lords day" referring to from the scriptures that the Lord specifically claims ownership of?

So according to the very words of Jesus in the scriptures "the Lords day" is the Sabbath day. Here we can see Jesus claiming that he is the Lord of the Sabbath day, taking ownership which is the meaning of κυριακή ημέρα (the Lords ownership of the Sabbath day)

John in Revelation 1:10 is referring to Jesus as creator of heaven and earth by calling Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath just as he did in John 1:1-4; 14. The Lord's day is the Sabbath day!

Once again the Sabbath day is "the Lords day" and Jesus is taking ownership of the Sabbath day meaning he is the creator God of the Sabbath; meaning he is the God of creation and the creator of heaven and earth (Genesis 2:1-3)

We have seen above from the new testament scriptures that Jesus claims to the the Lord of the Sabbath day. That is he claims to be the God of creation and the Lord of the Sabbath claiming ownership of of the Sabbath day which is the meaning of κυριακή ημέρα (the Lords ownership of the day). According to the scriptures of the new testament Jesus is claiming ownership of the Sabbath day.

In the old testament God has also always claimed ownership of the Sabbath day has His...

Isaiah 58:13 [13] If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, THE HOLY DAY OF THE LORD honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words

Exodus 31:12-18 [12] Then the Lord said to Moses, [13] Say to the Israelites, You must observe MY SABBATHS (belonging to; ownership to the Lord; or LORD'S DAY). This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Leviticus 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Once again God is claiming ownership of the Sabbath day (Revelation 1:10 κυριακή ημέρα) calling the Sabbath "my holy day" or "the holy day of the Lord" and "My Sabbaths"

Deuteronomy 5:15 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...

Once again God is claiming ownership of the Sabbath day (Revelation 1:10 κυριακή ημέρα) to the "Sabbath of the Lord" or "the Sabbath of rest holy to the Lord".

Why then does God and Jesus claim ownership of the Sabbath day (Revelation 1:10 κυριακή ημέρα)?

Genesis 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY [Made Holy at creation Genesis 2:3]. [9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY [Genesis 2:1-3] IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [WHY?] [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. [Refering to Genesis 2:1-3]

God claims ownership of the Sabbath because on it he rested from creating the heavens and the earth where he blessed the Sabbath as a holy day of rest for all mankind as a memorial of creation and a celebration of God as the creator of Heaven and earth (Mark 2:27-28).

CONCLUSION

The "Lords day" is the Sabbath day according to the scriptures. There is no scriptural links to "the Lords day" in Revelation 1:10 being in reference to "Sunday" or the "the first day of the week". In Revelations 1:10 "Lords Day κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ does not link to any scripture reference in the NEW TESTAMENT to μιά των σαββάτων (the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK). In Revelation 1:10 κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ is used in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day which as shown above from the scriptures from both the old and new testament that the day Jesus and God claims ownership of is the Sabbath day. Revelation 1:10 says no where in the scriptures that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the first day of the week. The claim that "the Lords day" is Sunday is a teaching ant tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures.

Your challenge here is that if you disagree with the scriptures provided above that prove that "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is the Sabbath day, please provide a single scripture from God's Word showing that "the Lords day in Revelation 1:10 is referring to Sunday or the first day of the week.

God bless
LoveGodsWord said:
The Sabbath was given exclusively to the children of Israel.
Exodus 31:16
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Leviticus 24:8
8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

• Winner
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
At the time John wrote Revelation "the Lord's Day" was a commonly used term in Christian circles that referred to Sunday, the day Jesus rose from the dead. This can be seen in the earliest of Christian literature, some of which dates back to the 1st Century, the same time or even before John wrote Revelation:

Didache 14:1 "But every Lord's day gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. "

Ignatius, Magnesians 9:1 "... no longer sabbatizing but living according to the Lord's Day on which also our life arose through him and through his death."

Gospel of Peter 35 "But during the night before the Lord's day dawned, while the soldiers were watching two by two as guards, there was a great voice in heaven."

Gospel of Peter 50 "Now at dawn on the Lord's day, Mary Magdalene, a disciple of the Lord, afraid because of the Jews (since they were inflamed by anger), had not done at the Lord's grave what women are accustomed to do for their loved ones who've died."

Is there any literary evidence from that period that the "Lord's Day" refers to the Jewish Sabbath?

Yes we know what is written outside of scripture from the teachings and traditions of men but what does the bible actually say and does it support that view? (scripture please)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was referring to Paul's teaching in Romans 14 about days that are unto the Lord.
Ok so what does Romans 14 have to do with "the Lords day" being the Sabbath day or Sunday when it is about eating and not eating on days that men esteem over other days?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath was given exclusively to the children of Israel.
Exodus 31:16
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Leviticus 24:8
8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

Was thou shalt not steal and thou shalt not murder given exclusively to Israel or are we now free to brake these commandments in the new covenant? According to the scriptures though in the new covenant God's Israel are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham but are now all those who have been born of the Spirit according to God's new covenant promise *Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:27-28; Romans 2:27-28. Therefore God's Israel in the new covenant are now all those who believe and follow God's Word. According to the scriptures in the new covenant God's 10 commandments have the same role they always have and that is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and if we knowingly (James 4:17) break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11. If we are not a part of God's Israel in the new covenant we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27 which is only to Israel.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Deuteronomy 5:15 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...

CONCLUSION

The "Lords day" is the Sabbath day according to the scriptures. There is no scriptural links to "the Lords day" in Revelation 1:10 being in reference to "Sunday" or the "the first day of the week". In Revelations 1:10 "Lords Day κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ does not link to any scripture reference in the NEW TESTAMENT to μιά των σαββάτων (the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK). In Revelation 1:10 κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ is used in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day which as shown above from the scriptures from both the old and new testament that the day Jesus and God claims ownership of is the Sabbath day. Revelation 1:10 says no where in the scriptures that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the first day of the week. The claim that "the Lords day" is Sunday is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures.

Your challenge here is that if you disagree with the scriptures provided above that prove that "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is the Sabbath day, please provide a single scripture from God's Word showing that "the Lords day in Revelation 1:10 is referring to Sunday or the first day of the week.

God bless...

"If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death..." - Ignatius of Antioch, 110 AD

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death..." - Ignatius of Antioch, 110 AD
Yes we know what is written outside of scripture from the teachings and traditions of men but what does the bible actually say and does it support that view? (scripture please)

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

You've stated that the Lord's day is not Sunday then gave your opinion as to why it's not. I gave you someone else's opinion as to why it is.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You've stated that the Lord's day is not Sunday then gave your opinion as to why it's not. I gave you someone else's opinion as to why it is.
Hello HTacianas, did you read the OP? We are not trying to find out what someones opinion is as our opinions outside Gods Word do not really matter. Only God's Word is true (Romans 3:4) and we should believe and follow them *Acts of the Apostles 5:29. This OP is about examining the scriptures from the bible to prove what the Lord's day is. Do you have any scripture that proves that Sunday or the first day of the week is the Lord's day? As posted earlier, we know what is written outside of scripture from the teachings and traditions of men but what does the bible actually say and does it support that view? (scripture please)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just another man trying to write his own scripture, but never made it into the Book although he got his own 'day'. Jesus did not shun the Hebrew scriptures and say focus on me. As a matter of fact His message was the Father would once again dwell among man (His Kingdom come) and everything He did was the will of the Father, not His own. Interesting how man decided that needed changing. I wonder, what would the Adversary do?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.