✟275,101.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 3:5-6...…..
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight”.
Nope.....it doesnt say to follow our heart. Boy, just say scripture doesnt command us to do so instead of offering passages with the word heart in it.

Upvote 0

Anthony Edgar

Jul 21, 2016
Forster, NSW Australia
✟11,581.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe non-denominational is the closest we can get to what the Lord originally intended.
On the contrary, Jesus prayed that his Church may have perfect unity. Having multiple churches, all teaching their own differing interpretations of the Bible is the opposite of perfect unity.

“Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.” (John 17:11)

Was Jesus a Catholic? Did he ever say once to pray to his mother Mary? No.
“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.” (John 16:12)

This may come as a shock to you, but no every thing pertaining to Christianity is in the Bible. For starters, the Bible came from the Church - the Church didn’t come from the Bible.

And which Church gave us the Bible? It was the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's very sad that the Schism occured. I hope and pray that our two Churches unite one day soon.
Since Rome has been widening the gap and declaring additional dogmas since the schism, I don't see that ever happening, but nothing is impossible for God.
Nice to see another Aussie hanging around though. I can't remember the last time I passed through Forbes. We used to drive through on our way to visit relatives at Tamworth when we lived at Cootamundra.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Anthony Edgar

Jul 21, 2016
Forster, NSW Australia
✟11,581.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Since Rome has been widening the gap and declaring additional dogmas since the schism, I don't see that ever happening, but nothing is impossible for God.
Nice to see another Aussie hanging around though. I can't remember the last time I passed through Forbes. We used to drive through on our way to visit relatives at Tamworth when we lived at Cootamundra.
I am a Qlder living in Forster. Which Eastern Orthdx Church do you belong to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually....Christianity is not a religion but instead it is a PERSON.
ackshually01.png

If Christianity is not a religion then the word "religion" has no meaning.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Church of scripture is one united ecclesial body (Eph 4:3-4; Eph 4:13-16; Jn 17:21; Mt 16:18) without schismatic divisions (1 Cor 12:25; Rom 16:17; 1 Cor 1:10; Jude 1:19; Gal 5:20; 3 John 1:9-10), with one teaching for all the churches (Acts 15:22-23,25,28/Acts 16:4-5; 1 Tim 1:3; 1 Cor 1:10; Eph 4:5; Jude 1:3), and one bishopric authorized of and by the apostles (Titus 1:5) by the laying on of hands in ordination (Heb 6:2; 2 Tim 1:6; 1 Tim 4:14; Titus 1:5), sharing ministers back and forth among all churches (1 Cor 16:3; Rom 16:1,3,9,21,23; Phil 2:19,25; Titus 3:12), receiving one another in fellowship and in greeting (Rom 15:5-7; Rom 16:16; Col 4:10,12,14; 3 John 1:9-10), where excommunication removes individuals from this one body (Matt 18:17; 1 Corinthians 5:1-2,4-5), and which existed from St. Peter and the apostles unto today (Matt 16:18-19; Eph 3:21).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I never understood denominations. Its just something man-made to further separate us from one another.

Was Jesus a Catholic? Did he ever say once to pray to his mother Mary? No.
The golden plates of LDS focus our attention away from the Lord.

I believe non-denominational is the closest we can get to what the Lord originally intended.

All the pomp and glamor and fancy dress and focus on saints.. where did Jesus ever ONCE tell his disciples to do this? In fact, his entire life was on living a life separate from that stuff.
God never intended for the one nation church started by God at Sinai to fail, to reject the Messiah - but they did and that meant God turned to the "Persecuted Church" model - and the Christian church was born.

Same thing with the falling away that happened later and then the calling out of various denominations.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
More denominations & more back to front doctrines..

Also as children of God, it would be good if we could study this religion called Christianity, concerning its roots...
A number of books exist on the early roots of the Christian church and how denominations came about - over time, and why.

For example: The Great Controversy

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had typed up a response on ways the various denominations agree, but read 1 Corinthians 1.

The Corinthians are disagreeing w/ who they were baptized by. Was it b/c of a believed heirarchy wasn't being followed? Was it b/c those who were baptizing disagreed on some things so the baptized thought one or the other baptizer was invalid? Paul doesn’t say & there could be many reasons why they were arguing. He gives a generic ‘I pray you agree with each other’ & then concludes ‘Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.’ Paul doesn’t take sides in whatever this quarrel's foundation was. At minimum it seems Paul is saying some quarrels just aren't worth it.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,711.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God never intended for the one nation church started by God at Sinai to fail, to reject the Messiah - but they did and that meant God turned to the "Persecuted Church" model - and the Christian church was born.

Same thing with the falling away that happened later and then the calling out of various denominations.
This comports well with an understanding of an impotent God who, although He might foreknow something will happen, is utterly powerless to change or alter it in any way.

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0