Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i FOUND the book that this thread reminded me of, and that the books you mentioned Lesley, reminded me of. It's called "The Lord is My Shepherd - The Twenty Third Psalm" by Clarence Sexton.

It focuses on David. It says that God always was, and still is, searching for those who have a heart for Him. David did. Maybe that's why David was such a good shepherd.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
i FOUND the book that this thread reminded me of, and that the books you mentioned Lesley, reminded me of. It's called "The Lord is My Shepherd - The Twenty Third Psalm" by Clarence Sexton.

It focuses on David. It says that God always was, and still is, searching for those who have a heart for Him. David did. Maybe that's why David was such a good shepherd.
Yes, Lord grant me repentance and lead me in the paths of righteousness for the Gospel, Your name's sake with the favor you provide. Amen!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

how wonderful, I haven't got that book, it looks good,

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
how wonderful, I haven't got that book, it looks good,

It's a precious book and delves into God looking on the heart, even as He sent Samuel to Jesse's house to choose the king He said would be a man after His own heart, and to not pay attention to "appearances" (David was approximately 15 at this time).

• Haha
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums