Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i'm up to "The Remnant", i've given on buying the books (unless they're on discount like the last book i bought). LB has been quite a disappointment from book 3 onwards (ok, don't hate me here), the style deteriorates, the descriptions go downhill...

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was totally hooked at first, now I haven't bothered to read the latest. I got turned off when he killed off David and had Chloe be such a selfish twit as to leave her baby (not to mention walking around outside and endangering their hiding place)

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with Blessed-One and Brewmama. I loved the first few, but the last couple have STUNK! Now they're trying to get mileage from one incident per book and it's way too thin.

I hope secular readers read the first couple which were pretty good and don't form their opinion on the last few.

Upvote 0

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
I love these books. I think they are great. I'm on #10 and yeah am still sad over David. I'm always shocked when some one dies in the book. I can't wait until I finish this one and move on to the next. I'm reading about one per week, but when I finish #11 I'll be waiting for a long time for the next, and that will drive me crazy, lol.

Reactions: Konnie
Upvote 0

katelyn

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2003
✟17,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have all the LB books to date, and I enjoy reading them. But yeah, I'm with Pray4Isrel - it only takes a few days to read the book, then you are left wondering for so long that you forget what's even going on in the story by the time the next one comes out! For that reason, my husband stopped reading after book 2 and said he might read them after they are all released.

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was also dissappointed with LB from about the third book. It seems like an original trilogy has been stetched to a six book series and then further.

This hasn't stopped me from reading most of them - and buying the rest to read on a rainy dasy however. I still enjoy them. I am a junkie and have the 2 movies on video and the board game too!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read all of them. I don't think they're as well written as they could be...just because they took what should have been a 6 book series and stretched it into 12 when they saw how much money the books were making. :) I think they've stretched the story too thin. BUT I'm still reading them and I enjoy them. I will be happy when the last book is out though...I'm ready to move on.

I hear the Christ Clone Trilogy is much better and is only 3 books to keep up with (it's also about the apocolypse, antichrist, etc.)

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
jenptcfan said:
I hear the Christ Clone Trilogy is much better and is only 3 books to keep up with (it's also about the apocolypse, antichrist, etc.)
Also The Third Millenium and The Fourth Millenium are good. In the Fourth Millenium, those taken in the rapture are called Immortals and all look 33 years old! I love it - I was in my prime! Those who got through the tribulation are now 900+ years old! Very imaginative!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont object to the stretching if you are going to keep the readers attention. But some of the stories seemed a little contrived and slow - just to fill the pages of the novel. If you look at the length of the books, they also got a lot shorter.
Towards the end of the seires, the inspiration and story picks up again. Just a little tired in the middle.

Upvote 0
I loved the entire series. Yes, as with most series, the middle books seemed to lack the excitement of the first few. I thought it was my eagerness to finish each one and the haste at which I read them that made the middle books lack clarity. I praise the authors for their word that undoubtably has helped many realize their own backsiding ways and become closer with God. I for one hit my knees more than once when I was reading the first book. It really made me think about the level of commitment/faith I had at that point. I pray that even though the books are a work of fiction God will use them to bring more souls to glory.

If anyone knows of other similar great books, let me know. Of course, there is always the best book going...the Bible.

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am reading the Left Behind books and agree that some of the later books are a bit lacking. My understanding was that it originally was supposed to be a 7 book series and than it was changed into a 12 book series. The first couple were very good. But you can tell when the deal changed to 12! Of course, I haven't stopped reading them! :) I wanted to keep up with the series and I am so anxious to see how the finish it out, how they protray the "Glorious Appearing" and to see which of the original Trib Force makes it til the end.

I have read the Christ Clone Trilogy that has been mentioned and it is very good. Be prepared for more violence and rougher language than in the LB books. It moves much faster (3 books)! The first book is more political, lining up the UN and getting things separated into 10 regions. The next two, I think, deal with the the writings from the Prophets and Revelation. A good read, I wil say.

Upvote 0

silas

Child of the King
Jul 21, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟312.00
Faith
Christian
I also have and have read each installment in the LB series. I was addicted to the first 4 or 5 but I noticed a decline in the quality of the writing in the later books. I was disappointed with Armageddon. I recently read the first of Jerry Jenkins new series, Soon. Again, disappointed. I love to read, particularly mysteries and suspense novels, but I can't stand the vulgar language and graphic sex that permeates most mainstream books. Jenkins is no Hemingway but as a Christian that's one of the compromises I must make.

Silas

believe2.gif

Upvote 0