• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured The Lake Of Fire

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by FineLinen, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    It is necessary when that opinion IS NOT FOUND in the Bible BUT.....it is presented by some as just that.

What part of Bible truth do you not understand.

IF you would take the time to go back and find the post, you will see that I said that I have no problem with your religion or your opinion. You have freedom of choice.
    What I have a problem with is YOU and your partners presenting Universalism as if it is a Bible doctrine when in truth, there is NOT ONE SINGLE BIBLE SCRIPTURE TO SUPPORT IT.

2. FineLinen

FineLinen Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    My dear Abba: I did not realize your love & mercy had time restraints?

Dear Major: Please repeat "limited" over and over again until ephphatha happens to you.

3. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I disagree with you as do most everyone else.

4. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Just a little Bible study would answer what you did not realize.

Hebrews 9:27 ......
    "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment".

5. FineLinen

FineLinen Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    Dear Mr. Limited: The Lord of Glory consummates the all into union with the One who is ALL.

The confession by every being, in very dimension of the universe, is out of union with Him and IN/EN Him.

It is NOT perfunctory genuflections !

6. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    You said............
    "As all men now belong to God they always will."

No one, remotely familiar with the teaching of the Bible, would contend that all people are “children of God” in the noblest sense of that term, i.e., in the redemptive sense.

The scriptures repeatedly contradict this notion.
    Those who are not “children of God” in this regenerative sense, are not children of God in the most crucial manner of all.

It is not enough to be merely an “offspring” of God by creation, nor is there ultimate validity in being just a potential believer. Rather it takes submitting to the will of God, obeying the Savior (Hebrews 5:9) to be a child of God in the redemptive sense.

Every soul should ponder most seriously this matter.

7. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    That only applies to those who have accepted Christ.

Your New Age philosophy is just that!

8. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    What are the Bible Scriptures that support your post???????

9. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,505
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Several years ago I was watching either an Easter or Christmas special some American tourists were trying to enter one of the holy sites in Jerusalem. Their way was blocked by a Muslim. The lady said "We just want to worship our God." The Muslim said "G*D* your God to hɘll."
    I am trying to find out at what point does the attitude of the rebellious, unrepentant etc. sinners, like that Muslim above, change toward God? Their attitude must change, they can't be reconciled with the same rebellious etc. attitude. Does the punishment in fire make them love God? Does God somehow make them love Him? Will their memories be erased so that they do not remember the fire?
    Why doesn't God change their minds/attitudes in this life?

10. Jord Simcha

Jord Simcha Active Member

+516
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Why is Proverbs 19:23 out of context?

What makes it futile after death?

Of course I know the wicked aren't perfected in love. Not sure what your point is.

11. Jord Simcha

+516
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    No answer to my question.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I don't want to be like you, so I'll patiently try to answer yours though.

Probably say the point of that they're confronted with God's fury and judgment. I mean, you think anybody will stay the same? After God talked to you directly, ha.

They will fear (I'll answer my own question).

Not sure why you have to pick an angry Muslim as the example by the way. Don't you have some secular cousin, or something?

I don't know if the punishment will make them love God. It might, if they think they deserved worse, for example.

Somehow, yes.

I don't think their memories will be erased, or ours, no.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  12. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,505
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Whether the unrighteous etc. in the LOF will feel fear I don't really know but I think so. I also think they will be filled with anger just as criminals do in this world.
    As a matter of fact I think they will act exactly like many criminals in this world do when they are punished i.e. whatever happens to them is somebody else's fault. I'm still trying to figure out how those unrighteous, unrepentant etc. souls in the LOF will be suddenly changed into God loving believers? I think I know the answer but I would like a UR-ite to explain it to me.

13. Jord Simcha

+516
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single

Angry with themselves probably. Especially in the light of God being a perfect judge.

I wouldn't say criminals act like that necessarily. I presume a lot of them in prison blame themselves for being there.
    Well, as far as I know it isn't explicitly in the Bible so we can't be certain how it will go, whether it is sudden or not either.

When I just found out God exists I was happy but my happiness about it was soon replaced with fear. I can't say for certain but I believe that'll be most people's reaction to finding out.

I believe the Word of God won't lose its effect so the fear of the Lord will still lead to life, imo.
    How? By the Word of God, right? Must be. How they'll receive it, I don't know.

14. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve Supporter

+5,752
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think the KJV word "fear" actually means reverential respect, not being afraid.

15. Saint Steven

+5,752
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That saw cuts both ways. Why is your personal interpretation right and ours is wrong?

16. Saint Steven

+5,752
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That is simply NOT correct.
    What does one have to do in presenting a scripture to you to get you to acknowledge that it is in fact scripture?

17. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    YOU must post the name of the book, the chapter and the verse and how it validate Universalism without YOUR opinion attached.

18. Saint Steven

+5,752
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I ALWAYS include the reference. Do you have any more excuses?

19. Major1

Major1 Well-Known Member

+2,487
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I DO NOT have a personal opinion. I and the others who oppose your opinions make exegesis of Scriptures which are found in the Bible.

YOU and your partner are simply make opinions of what YOU want the Scriptures to say instead of correctly allowing them to speak to you.

20. Jord Simcha

+516
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Pretty paradoxical. You must post how it validates universalism, but the same can always be discarded as opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.