The hypocrisy of the black lives matter movement.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you think that's possible without making great strides to alleviate systemic racism?
Thinking small does not bring about the great changes a coming. Pawns in a bigger game. Black, white, red, yellow, brown, blue will all rue the day they realize the con they fell for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As a young man with long hair driving a Camaro in the late 70's, I find it fascinating and somewhat laughable that young black men think that police only "profile" them based on the color of their skin. :)
In the 60's we were bonded with our black and native friends to a degree by bigotry although we knew ours might be a good beating and not a lynching. And most of our black and native friends saw us a friends also. Us privileged white kids had no trouble going into the south side of Chicago or dropping in on the protests at Wounded Knee. We weren't the enemy. The Establishment (now known as deep state) was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thinking small does not bring about the great changes a coming.

Completely rethinking and retooling the criminal justice system is very large scale thinking.

And by the way, if it happens, it will benefit everyone, regardless of race.

Pawns in a bigger game.

You are correct, to an extent. But the chessmasters aren't shadowy Illuminati in wizard cloaks. They are prison profiteers, with faces, names, and addresses.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Completely rethinking and retooling the criminal justice system is very large scale thinking.

And by the way, if it happens, it will benefit everyone, regardless of race.
It sure will once the surveillance and re-programming are put in place as we are seeing in China. No more crime or much of anything else for that matter.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm thinking you're probably a big Alex Jones fan, is what I'm thinking.

He still exists?

No, just think bigger than what is going on in my pwn backyard. Not sure what American pundits or the politics of only 5% of the world has to do with what is happening globally.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Having said that, a simple look at the statistical facts with respect to murder and violence in this country, make it clear that if black lives *really* mattered to the black community, they'd be looking in the mirror when it comes to violence against blacks not pointing their fingers at the white (non black) community.

So you are sincerely saying you don’t think the black community cares about black lives? REALLY? That’s a whopping allegation.

Your premise is based on a straw man. BLM is a title, a tag line, for a movement responding specifically to systemic racism in the criminal justice system, perpetrated by the state. It is not a movement that aims to address any kind of harm to black people.

If black lives really matter to the black community, where is their outrage at their own violent behavior? They're committing violence and murder at a significantly higher rate than any other race in the US
When you see a white man arrested for mass murder, do you feel outrage at your “own violent behavior?”

I'm the first to admit that we do have a serious problem with police brutality in this country with a *tiny minority* of bad police officers of all races, but the fixation on police violence is unwarranted IMO

In my city, The whole police force is rotten, every one of them participates in the use of tear gas, and participates in the targeting, tricking, kettling, gassing, and beating of people exercising their first amendment rights. I’ve seen them teargas kids. I’ve seen them outside the police department taking off their agent provocateur disguises. They’ve been cought red handed colluding with white supremecists. If there are good cops in the department here, why aren’t they arresting the bad cops or whistleblowing?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there are good cops in the department here, why aren’t they arresting the bad cops or whistleblowing?
Because if they do they will be harassed, threatened, and other cops will refuse to work with them, they'll be run out of the police force, just ask Joe Crystal or Michael Wood Jr.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The primary responsibility for addressing systemic racism against blacks is on white people themselves, since they are the ones with the agency to make changes.
Is that why all the black democrat politicians, to include Obama, haven't done anything about systemic racism?

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because if they do they will be harassed, threatened, and other cops will refuse to work with them, they'll be run out of the police force, just ask Joe Crystal or Michael Wood Jr.
This is true. But if they choose to look the other way and participate in corruption to keep a job, they are complicit. I’ve quit two jobs because I could not participate in unethical behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you care to substantiate that rather large claim?
It is logic. If such a systematic racism existed, why haven't politicians of color done away with it while they were in control of the systems they represent?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
It is logic. If such a systematic racism existed, why haven't politicians of color done away with it while they were in control of the systems they represent?
That's not what you claimed.

You claimed that no politician of color has ever done anything about it. Ever.

That is a grand, sweeping claim, and I'm curious if you have any method of actually backing it up.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not what you claimed.

You claimed that no politician of color has ever done anything about it. Ever.

That is a grand, sweeping claim, and I'm curious if you have any method of actually backing it up.
Yes. I see your point. Perhaps it was a rather too generalized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Because systems develop over time and dismantling them takes time. Also, it's not like the President is all powerful, and has to work within limits. Even with that President Obama did a lot to try and address systematic racism especially in the criminal justice system.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My prediction: Even with the hypocrisy we will see a United States where blacks will be much closer to having equal rights and the justice system will be less biased against them

But what will the media turn their attention towards after all this happens?

The Corona will of course be in the news for the forseeable future. But i believe the media will begin to focus on lgbt rights. They will use many of the same tactics that they have with BLM and thats when things may get bad much worse for Christians as i think the anti Christianity agenda will increase.

I do believe the democrats will be pushing all of this. And the only person in politics that could delay some of this...ironically is Trump. On one hand its great he wants to preserve Christianity...but his actions as a human being is making Christianity look not so desirable to outsiders

Of course many have smeared the name of Christianity over the years but Christianity in its pure form is the truth that the world is missing

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because systems develop over time and dismantling them takes time.
You mean like Roe vs Wade where it has been 50 yrs yet the R's still find it advantageous to say they will get rid of it for votes. Why put any credence in politicians?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My prediction: Even with the hypocrisy we will see a United States where blacks will be much closer to having equal rights and the justice system will be less biased against them

But what will the media turn their attention towards after all this happens?

The Corona will of course be in the news for the forseeable future. But i believe the media will begin to focus on lgbt rights. They will use many of the same tactics that they have with BLM and thats when things may get bad much worse for Christians as i think the anti Christianity agenda will increase.

I do believe the democrats will be pushing all of this. And the only person in politics that could delay some of this...ironically is Trump. On one hand its great he wants to preserve Christianity...but his actions as a human being is making Christianity look not so desirable to outsiders

Of course many have smeared the name of Christianity over the years but Christianity in its pure form is the truth that the world is missing

What could possibly concern Christians about living in a society where people are treated equally? The US isn’t a church. It’s quite evident how sullied many of your religious leaders over there have become by insisting on poking their noses into politics.

Upvote 0