The hypocrisy of the black lives matter movement.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
FYI, I *greatly* admire(d) MLK, his message of non violence and his appeal to our higher moral values.

On the other hand, I'm disgusted and appalled by the riots every time something bad happens to a black man at the hands of a white officer. You don't see the white community looting stores and burning down their own neighborhoods every time a white victim dies at the hands of a black officer and you know that happens occasionally too.
I can't recall the last time a white man was murdered by police officers while in custody. Can you refresh my memory?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Their operations are dirt-cheap, depending on the willingness of the grassroots to operate for free.
The usual protesters on the street out for a little movement mania are free. The buses that carry the gasmasked destructive aspect from town to town to fire off their expensive fireworks and use the palettes of bricks conveniently laid out in a similar and co-ordinated effort to make the appearance of mayhem peaceful protesters can't supply, serves a purpose;. Once back in the day police used the tactic to discredit peaceful protest against the system. Today it is being used against the police to replace them with a new system. Who's system will answer who is funding them and organizing similar protest worldwide at the same time.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you think his goal was?
You mean that all people would be judged on who they were in their ability to be good or bad and not on skin color? That like the constitutions of his nation says, all people are created equal.

Well that dream was achieved but many are now protesting being judged on who they are in their ability to be good or bad and passing it off as a colour issue. What we are seeing today are people who want a return to segregation on their own terms without giving up the toys of other's creation. I agree about the harassment by authority being a problem (as it always has throughout history) but we as humans all face the same harassment if we run afoul of the law, and some are just better at gaining a good reputation than others. Respect is earned. That applies to both sides, oppressor and the oppressed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean that all people would be judged on who they were in their ability to be good or bad and not on skin color? That like the constitutions of his nation says, all people are created equal.

Hmm. Your reading of MLK stopped short.

MLK was also striving for economic justice.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The usual protesters on the street out for a little movement mania are free. The buses that carry the gasmasked destructive aspect from town to town to fire off their expensive fireworks and use the palettes of bricks conveniently laid out in a similar and co-ordinated effort to make the appearance of mayhem peaceful protesters can't supply, serves a purpose;. Once back in the day police used the tactic to discredit peaceful protest against the system. Today it is being used against the police to replace them with a new system. Who's system will answer who is funding them and organizing similar protest worldwide at the same time.

First, you presume that's happening (at least a couple of communities have denied that pallets of bricks were set out for protestors and have traced them to pre-positioning for building efforts), and then you presume it's happening widespread, and then you presume that BLM is doing it, and then finally you presume that takes millions of dollars.

Reactions: Quartermaine
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(at least a couple of communities have denied that pallets of bricks were set out for protestors and have traced them to pre-positioning for building efforts)
How coincidental it matched up to other locations around the globe.
I can understand a willingness to back the movement but do not understand why people are not willing to look beyond the obvious and who ultimately benefits via the manipulation. A day is coming shortly where black (and white) neighbourhoods will be monitored in the same way China is, and then what? Was it worth opening the door for such a change?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would require education now available and ability.

I'd disagree that education is equally easily available to everyone, for a variety of reasons not easily overcome on an individual basis. And there are more barriers, also not easily overcome by individuals. That's actually no less true now that it was in 1968. It's actually more difficult in substantial ways for individuals than it has become easier.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How coincidental it matched up to other locations around the globe.

"Around the globe." Yeah, sure.

I can understand a willingness to back the movement but do not understand why people are not willing to look beyond the obvious and who ultimately benefits via the manipulation. A day is coming shortly where black (and white) neighbourhoods will be monitored in the same way China is, and then what? Was it worth opening the door for such a change?

I guess you haven't heard about services like Ring (popular with white people) in which people install constant surveillance cameras in their own property and neighborhoods and give the police immediate access to the imagery. That's happening right now.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FYI, I *greatly* admire(d) MLK, his message of non violence and his appeal to our higher moral values.

I'm continually amazed by all the respect Martin Luther King and even Malcolm X get now from conservatives that they certainly weren't getting in the 60s.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I guess you haven't heard about services like Ring (popular with white people) in which people install constant surveillance cameras in their own property and neighborhoods and give the police immediate access to the imagery. That's happening right now.
Is private security enough to trigger reform, or does it take a domestic false flag operation to trigger a constitutional convention to make appropriate amendments to change the system. Remember, defunded police are no longer part of the system. Monitoring and re-programming will be.

I'd disagree that education is equally easily available to everyone,
Basic education is but you can't force those unwilling to learn to do so, instead creating their own urban tribal environments built upon the age old concepts of gain at the expense of others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is private security enough to trigger reform, or does it take a domestic false flag operation to trigger a constitutional convention to make appropriate amendments to change the system. Remember, defunded police are no longer part of the system. Monitoring and re-programming will be.

My point is that the surveillance system you fear will be put into place if "those others" take power is already being put into place right under your nose...and in some of the best of neighborhoods first.

Basic education is but you can't force those unwilling to learn to do so, instead creating their own urban tribal environments built upon the age old concepts of gain at the expense of others.

People do what seems to work best (or at least what seems to hurt least) as they see it from their own viewpoints. I can sit here in my moderately nice house at my moderately nice desk in front of a pretty darned nice computer having just collected pensions from two pretty good careers plus Social Security, and I can look back on a moderately nice middle-class life that started from middle class parents, and I can conclude that it must have been all the right educational choice I began making as a six-year-old in the first grade that have resulted in being in a moderately nice place to come to the end of my life. When I was in the first grade, I won blue ribbons in both the science contest and the art contest at our county fair, for instance, and got plenty of local accolades.

But I'm old enough and have gathered enough information about things outside my own life to realize that a lot of six-year-olds were never in a place to have begun making the decisions I began making at that age. The things I did simply would not have worked for them where they were.

For instance, when I was an adolescent--during the time of the Black Power movement--it was recognized that the Revolution required intellectuals. So being an intellectual was a Good Thing for Black Power and the Revolution. The other kids nicknamed me "the Prof," but that wasn't a bad thing.

It's not that way for a lot of black kids, and there is not an easy way for a six-year-old in south Chicago to start making the same choices I made. Winning a ribbon in science and art won't get them anywhere that they can see in their world...and as individuals, those six-year-olds can't change that situation.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My point is that the surveillance system you fear will be put into place if "those others" take power is already being put into place right under your nose...and in some of the best of neighborhoods first.
I must admit those neighbourhood/condo nazis should be the first to go.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's not that way for a lot of black kids, and there is not an easy way for a six-year-old in south Chicago to start making the same choices I made. Winning a ribbon in science and art won't get them anywhere that they can see in their world...and as individuals, those six-year-olds can't change that situation.
It is unfortunate that what a child learns by age five pretty well determines their adult outlook. And it is sad that their social upbringing often would rather teach them to play the victim card and iive a life of strongest gang survives, than see the future others gained for them to break the cycle. Why does Black History month as an example still focus on what was done to them rather than what has been done by those who broke free. Are the schools teaching them there is a world beyond the one they live in that they can chose? We all have to play games and boring old education is one of them. Or does a tradition along with a few white folks who talk the talk but find ways to not walk the walk in giving equal opportunity, keep them down? How did integration turn back into self imposed segregation? Were the few smart leaders back in the day afraid their power and authourity among their own would be diminished if the majority got smart?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I can't recall the last time a white man was murdered by police officers while in custody. Can you refresh my memory?

What about police violence against white people?

Actually it happens all the time. The media just doesn't make a big deal about it when the victim isn't black. In fact, statistically speaking, unarmed white men are 25 percent *more* likely to be killed by police than unarmed black men. The problem is that if the victim isn't black it simply doesn't receive any national media attention.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I'm continually amazed by all the respect Martin Luther King and even Malcolm X get now from conservatives that they certainly weren't getting in the 60s.

I was eight years old when MLK was assassinated. About all I remember about that day is that my mother cried and my father was very upset. While MLK consistently taught a message of *non* violence, Malcolm X had a more "complicated" past. I can't say I was ever a huge fan of Malcolm X, but I've always had a great respect for MLK. He wasn't just a hero of the black community, he was a national hero. He appealed to our morality and he didn't advocate riots.

Upvote 0