The hypocrisy of the black lives matter movement.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
and 78% of all homicide victims are men. I'm sure that says something horrible about men in general. But the only group that can change it is the male community itself and they need to start by taking a close hard look in the mirror.

I agree. The statistics speak for themselves. Men tend to be more violent than women, and black men disproportionately commit more violent crimes than any other race in the US. The sad fact is that six percent of the US population is responsible for 42 percent of all homicides, and responsible for nearly 90 percent of black victims.

If black lives really matter to the black community, they need to come to terms with the fact that they are their own worst enemy.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
So you are sincerely saying you don’t think the black community cares about black lives? REALLY? That’s a whopping allegation.

That's not really what I'm saying however. What I'm pointing out is that even if we eliminated police brutality entirely, it would only save approximately 10 unarmed black lives a year, vs. *thousands* of black lives per year, and hundreds of children that are taken by black perpetrators.

If black lives *really* matter, then why are they fixated on such a *tiny* fraction of the actual problem?

Your premise is based on a straw man. BLM is a title, a tag line, for a movement responding specifically to systemic racism in the criminal justice system, perpetrated by the state. It is not a movement that aims to address any kind of harm to black people.

Police brutality affects *all* races, not just the black community however, so their "slogan" isn't really appropriate to start with. *All* lives matter and police brutality won't be fixed simply by fixating on black victims of police brutality. If you're going to fix that problem, you can't start with a false premise.

When you see a white man arrested for mass murder, do you feel outrage at your “own violent behavior?”

It's hard to ignore the fact that it's almost always a "man" that commits mass murder, and yes it does offend me. I recognize that as a "problem".

In my city, The whole police force is rotten, every one of them participates in the use of tear gas, and participates in the targeting, tricking, kettling, gassing, and beating of people exercising their first amendment rights. I’ve seen them teargas kids. I’ve seen them outside the police department taking off their agent provocateur disguises. They’ve been cought red handed colluding with white supremecists. If there are good cops in the department here, why aren’t they arresting the bad cops or whistleblowing?

I don't know where you live, but I think there has been an attempt to weed out bad police officers nationwide. Police put their lives on the line every day and I respect that. It's not as though the black community is the only ones that suffer from excess force by police.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think that isn't a concern of the black community? It seems to me there's a logical fallacy happening here, that just because group X focuses on a particular issue, that they aren't also mindful of other problems? That doesn't make sense.

I'd agree with you that people are entitled to focus on whatever issues they personally want to focus on and work towards resolving....that's the very nature of activism.

People are also entitled to their opinions and if one decides to take their activism into the public sphere (like a public protest for example) then that person opens themselves and their activism up to criticism.

The primary responsibility for addressing systemic racism against blacks is on white people themselves, since they are the ones with the agency to make changes.

Wait....lol what? You don't see the hypocrisy of stating "I'm entitled to focus on the issues I believe are important"....and then turning around and telling 170 million people they need to focus on a certain set of issues?

Which is it? Do people get to tell other people what issues they should focus on....or not?

Upvote 0