louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe its just pure laziness..feeling you have to read something when you don't want to at the moment but you get nervous and feel bad about it because it is something we should or have to read, so you feel guilty and that brings the anxiety...etc. i get that way sometimes.

Anyway, the holy spirit makes me feel calm loving and gentle...

And I mostly just feel God in the pinnacle of my heart with the holy spirit dwelling in me. I feel his presence there. Nothing more.

Its not about tingles jitters and stuff like that some of you people post on this forum. Its dwelling in God's heart and emotions and living in and being apart of the holy spirit. It makes us whole and feel a connection with God's heart, mind, soul and creation.

And when i say creation, i mean like being connected to God and nature. Everything. you become whole with everything created of and is of him. etc.

Like i said i don't need too feel powerful or miraculous while being in the holy spirit..I just like the peace i feel that comes with it. and just feeling his presence and love dwelling in me...because that's what makes me feel good and whole and connected to God.. not the other stuff..

I dont know what you are feeling but it sounds just like common disorders..lol i dont think it has anything to do with the holy spirit..i think maybe its just you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever had that feeling when you drink too much coffee and you feel jittery and restless? Thats how I feel when I read the bible or pray, I feel incredibly uncomfortable, it doesn't feel like conviction of sin, just anxiousness. It makes me not want to read the bible. I value inner contentment and peace, anyone experienced this?

its a horrible restless energy that has no outlet

Don't read the bible listen to it on bible gate way. Listen to John 1 in times when you feel uncomfortable about the Holy spirit. The devil is trying to turn you away from God.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever had that feeling when you drink too much coffee and you feel jittery and restless? Thats how I feel when I read the bible or pray, I feel incredibly uncomfortable, it doesn't feel like conviction of sin, just anxiousness. It makes me not want to read the bible. I value inner contentment and peace, anyone experienced this?

Why do you think the Holy Spirit caused your uncomfortable feeling? You want inner contentment and peace when you read the Bible and pray. Where did you get that idea? There are many feelings that God gives us when we read the Bible and pray. He also stimulates our thinking and deciding. When you feel anxious, what is it that causes that feeling, something in what you read or the subject of your prayers?

I ran away from God's call to be a pastor and was restless, a feeling God replaced with peace when he renewed his call. If you can't identify any cause, perhaps God can use a good Christian therapist to help you figure out why you are anxious about reading the Bible and praying. Perhaps, it's some traumatic event in your childhood that is the cause.

Upvote 0

Baby Alice

Sep 3, 2018
Unspecified
✟11,305.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I relate to this so much, it's almost like you feel wrong for reading it right?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

ask the lord what he wants you to do .. then DO IT

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wouldn't he? I just found that listening to and singing worship music eased the feeling a bit...so maybe it is the holy spirit?...or maybe it isnt

I never realized how much worship music helps but it does help me a lot, I would suggest listening to nothing but Christian music for a while. I think it's the Holy Spirit + a positive emotional response to worship music. Do you know much good Christian music?

Last edited:
Upvote 0