The Holocaust is not a justification for being utterly stupid today

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Goat Locker is a storage space on US Navy ships. It has hooks where we hang the crusty, dried out Chief Petty Officers. They are then salted and kept in storage until somebody is needed to hold a coffee cup.
HAHAHA..... COFFEEEEEEEEE.......
in boot camp I was 'privileged' to be the chief coffee preparer most days INSTEAD of going out on drills, as long as I passed all the tests and inspections... (I always passed, except once, which resulted in about 30 minutes extra exercise :) :) :) :) :) :) :) )

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We also dispense vast amounts of important valuable wisdom of how great thing used to be to our younger shipmates.
Was that before the navy turned things (control) over to 'baby faced' lieutenants right out of college, instead of letting the chiefs and master chiefs run things (on ships)...... boy did that foul a lot up ! (they 'pressured' the ones with 18 years in to take an early out, in the 80's; in order to pay the newbies salaries much lower rates) (so I heard from the ones that had been on ships)...

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's about how the western world has turned a blind eye against the threat of Islam.

Do you really believe that? 7 western nations are fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Another 27 are contributing, but aren't combatants. Link. I've also read claims (from Middle Eastern sources) that Israel has deeply underground intelligence operatives in Syria, who have tracked the movements of ISIS leaders, and provided information for successful drone strikes. This may be typical anti-Israel Muslim propaganda. But it's not implausible. Do you doubt that the major western intelligence agencies are desperately trying to identify potential Islamic terrorists in their home countries? Keep in mind that western nations do not have authoritarian governments. They value personal freedom, and have constitutions which generally protect civil liberties. So what should the western world be doing to fight radical Islam without becoming police states?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm disappointed how this thread turned out to be.

My concern is not about the Jews, nor the Holocaust.

It's about how the western world has turned a blind eye against the threat of Islam.
It seems that looking for the trees, you missed the forest fire.
i.e. there's much bigger threats than islam, for a lot longer time,
that you seem to be unaware of. Remember what happens in these years we live in? What deceives the whole world ? (It didn't wait until you catch on, it's already been done since before you were born! ) Islam is just a distraction.

Yhwh says in His Word and His Spirit, if you bless the Jews, HE will bless you.
Yhwh says in His Word and His Spirit, if you seek to harm the Jews, HE will curse you.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jews are responsible for some of the most heinous acts of the 20th century - like Woody Allen, Groucho Marx, Adam Sandler and Sacha Baron Cohen.

Would you kindly point out what these heinous acts were?

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,920.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Holocaust isn't the reason, just one of its causes. I think it's interesting to note how tolerant most European nations were of Jews before the holocaust, and that it more or less took people by surprise. Nevertheless people found in the Jews a scapegoat for their own political, moral, and economic failings.

Islam is just filling the vacuum left by an apathetic nominally Christian culture. I do fear that something catastrophic may happen in Europe (for both Muslims and non-Muslims) if attitudes don't change.

Nevertheless, this has nothing to do with Jews today. I find the inflation of the importance of Jewish people counterproductive to both Jew and non-Jew alike, no matter if this importance is positive or negative.

Yes, it's not the Jews, but everyone went overboard post WW2 by a fear of something that doesn't exist anymore.

Unfortunately, not every culture is a friend to the culture of freedom, to the culture of the pursuit of knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Unfortunately, not every culture is a friend to the culture of freedom, to the culture of the pursuit of knowledge.
No culture is as a culture even seeking God at all.
THey are all wicked and full of pernicious sin. (according to God's Word in Galatians, Ephesians, and Revelation, et al)

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The party that is pushing for Sharia Law in a Democratic country.

Where is that happening? I know there was Islamic Party of Britain, but it's now disbanded. The recently elected Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is Muslim. But he's a natural born British subject, a Labourite, and very secular from what I've read. Is this who you're talking about?

BTW: As I recall, he won by a pretty good margin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm starting to wonder if the WWII is really a decisive victory but whose victory?? Who really won??
The world was divided between Russia and the United States. Hitler was VERY surprised that we did not side with him against Russia.

"Americans were taught to see both Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union as the greatest of evils. Hitler was worse, because his regime propagated the unprecedented horror of the Holocaust, the attempt to eradicate an entire people on racial grounds. Yet Stalin was also worse, because his regime killed far, far more people, tens of millions it was often claimed, in the endless wastes of the Gulag." http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2011/03/10/hitler-vs-stalin-who-killed-more/

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What good ? (even if "gain the whole world")
They lost their souls.
Yes that is pretty much what christianity is all about. But what about the people that claim to be more good then Christians?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes that is pretty much what christianity is all about. But what about the people that claim to be more good then Christians?
I don't at all believe nor think that YHWH or Y'SHUA has any problem with them at all. (unless they try to touch the "apple of HIS EYE".... then they themselves will have to deal with YHWH - not good to be in their shoes then)

Upvote 0