Los Angeles Area
✟829,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Hill is pretty scattershot, since they try to get early scoops, and I think they have contributors that are extreme on both sides, but overall it averages out to pretty centered. But yes, more flaky than reputable.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Is there a reason they are not supposed to have bias?

I think the expectation is for journalists and news sources to be somewhat neutral in their reporting. Just the facts. Reagan killed the fairness doctrine back in the 80's and the bias has been increasing ever since. It does feel like just about every news source takes a side as it were. Often times though any story that's reported that makes your political heroes look bad, no matter how factual, is seen as biased, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2) A provocative headline: "Top GOP strategist: Republican tax bill is ‘build on a foundation of lies'."

The Hill‘s "top GOP strategist" referred to in the tweet below, however, is Steve Schmidt, an MSNBC political analyst who has spend the better part of five years ripping into Republicans and conservatives while giving the network's panels the appearance of balance.

From the link

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
2) A provocative headline: "Top GOP strategist: Republican tax bill is ‘build on a foundation of lies'."

The Hill‘s "top GOP strategist" referred to in the tweet below, however, is Steve Schmidt, an MSNBC political analyst who has spend the better part of five years ripping into Republicans and conservatives while giving the network's panels the appearance of balance.

After managing the campaigns of President Bush, Senator McCain, and Governor Schwarzenegger -- all GOP, all successful.

"Top GOP strategist" =/= "sniveling yes-man." You'll need to look into Donald's inner circle to find those.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do resent publications that deliberately mislead readers by through the careful use of ambiguous wording. Anyway, The Hill is known to be somewhat Left of Center, so there's nothing too shocking about the report that it has misled readers a number of times. Still, The Hill is bearable if you want to catch up on Washington developments from the perspective of old-fashioned, run of the mill, non-Antifa type liberals and you are aware of its slant. By contrast, the Huffington Post, Rolling Stone, and the like shouldn't even be considered news media.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I’m dealing with the topic, not deflection from it

Then deal with the topic, not ad homs. Steve Schmidt is indeed an experienced GOP strategist with decades of experience in successful GOP political campaigns.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"National Park gift shop sold wine from Trump winery," the Twitter headline reads, while the actual story headline read, "National park store sold Trump wine, says feds not involved."

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"National Park gift shop sold wine from Trump winery," the Twitter headline reads, while the actual story headline read, "National park store sold Trump wine, says feds not involved."

Awww..... did the tweet not give enough information?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think I've ever seen a liberal poster link to The Hill.

You're forgetting, the terms liberal and conservative have been drastically redefined over the last 2 years.

We're living in the age where people like McCain and Kasich are labelled as "RINOs", and anyone left of Dennis Prager and Rush Limbaugh on the spectrum is considered to have "liberal bias".

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're forgetting, the terms liberal and conservative have been drastically redefined over the last 2 years.

We're living in the age where people like McCain and Kasich are labelled as "RINOs", and anyone left of Dennis Prager and Rush Limbaugh on the spectrum is considered to have "liberal bias".

More recent than 2 years -- it seems that loyalty to Donald has become the main (if not the only) characteristic.

Upvote 0