Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Come to think of it, the church I attend has a lot of grey power.

Grey Power is the name of the senior citizens group that asked the govt to implement the gold card scheme. That means people over 65 get free public transport. Im like, hey not fair, i have to pay full price. Wheres my silver or bronze card.

It should be...if youve got greying or white hair, even if you not 65, you entitled to it. Even the bible says its a sign of wisdom to have white hair.

Jesus did in Johns vision. And hes eternal.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
There is no wisdom in having white/grey hair. The wisdom comes with the years it takes to gain the grey hair...so premature grey doesn't count.

Older people get the discount because they are more likely to have a limited income related to inability to work anymore...younger people are expected to be holding jobs and have money.

And why do you care so much about the color of other people's hair? It is kind of is a strange thing to judge people for....dyed or not dyed. It is just dead tissue hanging off the top of our heads. Are bald people more holy because they don't have any hair to be vain about?

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I once tried henna as it was natural but of course it didnt show as my hair is black lol.

I've tried henna too and been happy with the results. Difference being, I guess, that my hair is brown, and a lighter brown at that. For the first few washes after colouring with henna my hair smelled very strongly of what could be confused with weed. LOL :tearsofjoy: Not quite the "wet hair" smell I wanted.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ohh
Lol not much one can do with black hair.
Bleach smells worse...i do not fancy having my hair smell like the toilets just been cleaned.

Although I have noticed esp amongst japanese women, they use a distinctive smelling hair product that is quite chemical. I dont know what it is, but its quite strong.

Some natural hair things ive tried

Rosemary
Lemon
Cider vinegar rinse
Jojoba oil
Baking soda..good for dandruff
Mayonnaise as conditioner

Also mum said before shampooo got popular, women just rinsed their hair in rice water.
And I have heard tea leaves can dye your hair a little. But I havent tried that.

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Ohh
Lol not much one can do with black hair.
Bleach smells worse...i do not fancy having my hair smell like the toilets just been cleaned.

Although I have noticed esp amongst japanese women, they use a distinctive smelling hair product that is quite chemical. I dont know what it is, but its quite strong.

Some natural hair things ive tried

Rosemary
Lemon
Cider vinegar rinse
Jojoba oil
Baking soda..good for dandruff
Mayonnaise as conditioner

Also mum said before shampooo got popular, women just rinsed their hair in rice water.
And I have heard tea leaves can dye your hair a little. But I havent tried that.

Lol. No, I don't like the bleach smell either. Getting my hair permed when I was younger was a smelly process. Yech.

I remember reading that eggs were a good thing to try for "deep conditioning" when I was a teenager so I wouldn't doubt that mayonnaise would work (seeing as it's made from eggs ;)).

I hadn't heard of the rice water rinse before...interesting. How times have changed!

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Actually the mayo works and the eggs are good cos they have protein and sulphides for strengthen hair and cleaning the scalp. You rinse it off of course.

I did try the eggs for fun and it worked, although it was a messy, icky business. As I recall I left the goop on my hair for awhile and then rinsed. It was a gross process so I've stuck with bought conditioner...hardly ever use it since my hair is short and I don't have to worry about ends splitting. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, the split ends issue is annoying. I keep mine short because I don't have the energy to spend time styling it anymore. It's nice to be able to wash and go if I must. :D It's funny to see someone's hair straightened if they have naturally curly hair...deceptive how long their hair really is...those curls can really "shorten" it.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've only curled my hair once at a salon for a ball, and people didn't recognise me. By the end of the night my hair had gone straight again lol.
When it was longer I did try curling it with bobby pins, actually its quite fun to do but time intensive. I suppose if you do it all the time it becomes habit, but..all those bobby pins! You need to probably do it overnight but I can't be too comfortable sleeping with a hair full of curlers...but amazingly women did that EVERY DAY in the olden days. Or they would braid it.

Now I tried braiding mine but it just falls out unless I wet it. And going to bed with a wet braid is just not appealing.

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, the bobby pin curling idea sounds interesting but time-consuming, as you say. :flushed: I've never been able to sleep well with curlers...another good reason to go short. LOL My teenaged daughter French braids her wet hair for night--in the morning it's wavey and stays that way throughout the day. Nice gig if it works. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Does it bother women more you think? Women tend to be the ones dyeing their hair more than men.

I think it probably does bother women more. There's the whole notion of men with grey hair being regarded as "distinguished" or "silver foxes", whereas I don't think there's an equivalent for women that makes grey hair seen as desirable.

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
French braids are hard to DIY. I can do other peoples but not my own.

I could do my own hair in a French braid and it would be nice and tight. I don't do well French braiding anyone else's hair...can't bear to pull their hair hard enough to do a proper job. Maybe it brings back memories of my mom pulling my hair as a kid. :eek:

Upvote 0