hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well...I used to. Then I developed an awful allergy to the hair dye. The doctor told me never to use hair dye again. :( So, here I sit in all my graying glory. :D

I tried a brilliant red (not clown red, a natural red) and a gorgeous purple-y auburn until I had to quit. It was a lot of fun. The hives and brilliant red scalp have deterred me from dye. Ugh.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well...I used to. Then I developed an awful allergy to the hair dye. The doctor told me never to use hair dye again. :( So, here I sit in all my graying glory. :D

I tried a brilliant red (not clown red, a natural red) and a gorgeous purple-y auburn until I had to quit. It was a lot of fun. The hives and brilliant red scalp have deterred me from dye. Ugh.
So many people are affected by the toxins,
but not to derail this thread ,
here's a new thread just started >
http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-thread-toxins-in-hair-dyes-and-more.7956865/

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Last year I grew my hair out longer and grew a goatee. My hair is still pretty blonde with some gray on the edges, but my goatee came in almost white.

I looked older than I was comfortable with and cut my hair back short again and am clean shaven again... Most people think I'm in my late 30's or early 40's...

View media item 54076

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I don't dye my hair either.
I did when I was younger, it was pink. But then it turned orange. And that's not a good look when your hair is black.

Now I just let it go white cos I like the contrast. Like my cat socks in the picture. My hair doesn't actually go grey it goes white. lol

Also in the Bible, it says something about God knowing all the hairs on your head and how you can't make them change colour. Well you can but its only temporary. Now if I want to have my hair pink I will just wear a wig.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Matthew 5:36

Was this referring to hair dye? Or was it not invented in those days. I'm just wondering if there's any spiritual significance to God with people who dye their hair. Since God knows if we do it, we can't fool Him anyway.

He also..knows how many hairs are on our head. Luke 12:7
Isn't that scary? Or funny. So if I pull one out, He knows. I wonder if He's got the stats written in the book of Life.
Goodbook.
Female.
NZ.
In relationship with Christ.
Number of hairs on her head--589.
Black ones - 563.
White ones -26

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oooh so its all about attracting the young ones...thats why people do it? But thas weird cos i was young when I dyed my hair and wanted to look older and be cool. But it didnt work as my hair was black so when you dye it, the colour doesnt show anyway. And it was silly cos im sure there were people who didnt have black hair wanting to be dark and look like a goth.

Well I was born looking like a goth anyway. So when I see emo looking people i think, you try hards. My hair is already black, and you non black haired people are trying to make out that people with black hair are depressed vampires or something.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont think anyones fooled if you dye your hair and young women dont actually care what colour mens hair is. I mean I didnt, I dont know what kind of superficial relationships you might have had..but hair colour isnt anything to base a relationship on.

At least, I hope it isnt amongst christians. Can you imagine. Who you dating? Oh, my bf is blonds.I only date blonds and all my relationships, yea, they have to be blonds.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I dont think anyones fooled if you dye your hair and young women dont actually care what colour mens hair is. I mean I didnt, I dont know what kind of superficial relationships you might have had..but hair colour isnt anything to base a relationship on.

At least, I hope it isnt amongst christians. Can you imagine. Who you dating? Oh, my bf is blonds.I only date blonds and all my relationships, yea, they have to be blonds.
Dying hair to attract the opposite sex is an immature act. But so is dying hair to look younger, or to look weird. It is changing your appearance from what is naturally you. Except that some of us uglies might really want to do it.
TD:)

• Haha
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I dye my hair. I'm nearly 50 and my youngest is 5. I get too many dumb stares when my son calls me mum & the grey hairs are showing. Yet when I have my formal work clothes on with grey hair they do not give me a second glance. Lol.

Sent from my cuckoo, la la mind ;-)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its funny, when i was younger I first got my hair dyed at a christian music festival cos I thought thats what christians did and I wanted to be like them. At the time, all the girls were dying their hair strange colours. Red and purple were popular as was using sun-in to make your hair blondy.

Now im older I can see how immature that was lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I started periodically coloring my hair when I was in my late 20s. I have dark blond hair that sunbleaches very easily so while the roots were almost light brown, the tips were almost white blond. I got tired of hearing how I was "blond out of a bottle" so I started darkening the ends to match the roots. I didn't do it religiously but it helped tone down the natural brassy look of my hair and allowed me to look more professional.

I still occasionally color the real white hair I am starting to get. I always pick something close to the root color. My "gray" hair is going to be white. I don't color to "fool anyone" but rather just to feel better about myself. Warming the white out of my hair seems to help me look less tired. It is my natural color so it just blends in with who I am. I don't really mind the white hairs but I do mind the washed out look I can get because my skin doesn't see much sun.

Honestly, since the hair that is dyed is already dead tissue, I don't think God cares if I dye it or don't. My spirituality isn't tied to my hair color and my hair color isn't a bold statement into who I am. It is simply hair. I also wear mascara and lip stick and don't think God cares that I color my eyelashes or my lips either.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hmm i thought mums had grey hairs anyway, are they not meant to?
Did someone / anyone/ post what God says about grey hair ?

Does God do what is best ?

Did God say anything in His Word about vanity ?

Did God say how to adorn the soul ? (compared to outward looks)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No I dont think people answered with any scripture. I gave some.

Well paul says not to have broidered hair for women and costly array and pearls.
Not sure what broidered hair is. But I do know at the time most women wore head coverings so people didnt see their hair anyway.

Im a hat person myself.

Upvote 0