The Great Pants Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

_Shannon_

That's right we're all just a bunch of brainwashed liberal feminists.

We're wrong--women have it awesome in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Sudan! Just awesome!

Oh and sorry--I guess rape victims in Saudi Arabia are lashed and not stoned. Silly me.
Saudi Arabia to lash Filipino rape victim 100 times - Neal Ungerleider - Falafel Mafia - True/Slant

Oh..wait here's one from Afghanistan. Iguess those rape victims are jailed:
http://jonathanturley.org/2008/05/0...-son-killed-then-jailed-by-afghan-government/

And in Pakistan, rape victims are supposed to kill themselves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhtaran_Bibi

Like you wrote...just a quick google search away..

Upvote 0

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot believe the lack of knowledge in some posts, which are easily remedied by doing a simply google search. I have friends from SA, they live there part of the season and come back here on work permit from Aramco. Rapists are punished to the ultimate degree there. Raping your wife is a punishable offense, both from the police and the family.

Do you actually believe that everything is said?

OK I'm no longer replying here. May God have mercy on us all... :bow:

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I cannot believe the lack of knowledge in some posts, which are easily remedied by doing a simply google search. I have friends from SA, they live there part of the season and come back here on work permit from Aramco. Rapists are punished to the ultimate degree there. Raping your wife is a punishable offense, both from the police and the family.

Okay, seriously? I cannot believe your lack of knowledge.

Oh, and here´s an example of a Saudi-Arabian woman being punished after being raped. And they dress in Niqabs showing about two square inches of skin, so what does that tell you?

Did you think we didn't know how to use Google or something?

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wow. The "women are asking to be raped" claim.

That is so misogynistic, I don't even have words.

The person who is responsible for rape is the rapist and the rapist alone. Rape isn't about sex. It's about power and domination. Would you say that a woman who dyes her hair red is at fault for being murdered by a murderer who just happens to target redheads?

The logic is faulty.

Reactions: Victrixa
Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, seriously? I cannot believe your lack of knowledge.

Oh, and here´s an example of a Saudi-Arabian woman being punished after being raped. And they dress in Niqabs showing about two square inches of skin, so what does that tell you?

Did you think we didn't know how to use Google or something?

apparently you know how to use google, but don't know how to fully read an article

she wasn't punished for being raped, she was punished for being in a car with a strange man who allegedly had pictures of her, and then furthered her sentence by using the media as a pulpit tool. In fact the rape happened a YEAR before she got arrested! That has nothing at all to do with her being raped. And yet the article tries to disingenuously make a connection. Even Bush said it was an internal issue for SA.

The other article that Shannon posted was from a rape that was never reported. When is rape is not reported authorities are unable to proceed properly law-wise.

Also many of these articles I have heard tend to be embellished and don't tell the whole true story of what actually happened(and either way the first one isn't even of a rape). My friend from SA said that many articles posted are through a filter that removes a large amount of information and facts behind whats going on and through the bias of the media source. As I said before as the stats show, rape is most concentrated in countries that have the same values you are promoting right now, whereas countries that promote modest clothing have the lowest rates. Bias news reports hardly are good evidence..Especially when the stats show the exact opposite.

Still have yet to see a woman being stoned for being raped...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Actually, they have the lowest rates of reported rapes - which doesn't mean anything for the thousands of women who are raped and say nothing because their status in society is less than human.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the women are wearing burqas and niqabs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And in Pakistan, rape victims are supposed to kill themselves: Mukhtaran Bibi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like you wrote...just a quick google search away..

:doh: did you even read the wiki article? they perpetrators were punished by the law. The rape was condemned and the perpetrators are still imprisoned. That had nothing to even do with the laws of Pakistan, but the war from intra-tribal conflicts. Shannon, I have to conclude that your lies and statements seeping with biased political correctness and embellishment proves that you cannot provide truth or facts on a solid basis

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xElliex

Lost lamb?
Sep 2, 2010
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Spousal rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It does exist.

Tonight, I'll pray for all the victims of rape around the world. Women (and men and children) who are too ashamed or afraid to speak out because they know they'll get blamed for being a victim. I'll also pray for the ones who are being made to feel guilty because of another person's utterly sick behaviour. I'll pray for all rape victims full-stop.

And I am going to give thanks for having been brought up around men who respect women and who would never consider a rape victim as responsible for being raped.

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LOL.

I think you have a very low opinion of women and you are either wholly ignorant of the ways of the world, or you are being wilfully ignorant because you want to prove your faulty point.

It isn't "pure speculation" and I find it incredibly insulting, horrifying, and sick that you would like to deny the fact that women enjoy a very low position in society in those areas of the world. They are property there, not people like they are here, and they are treated as such.

Besides, if you think Western countries are rank with immodest, loose women, why don't you go move to an area of the world where women are in their "proper place"? Then you wouldn't have to have a heart attack each time a woman walks past you in jeans and a tshirt.

Upvote 0
S

_Shannon_

Besides, if you think Western countries are rank with immodest, loose women, why don't you go move to an area of the world where women are in their "proper place"? Then you wouldn't have to have a heart attack each time a woman walks past you in jeans and a tshirt.
My thoughts precisely. I am sure your wife and daughters will be very happy there, too.

Upvote 0

Gyasi

Looking for Christ
Aug 24, 2010
Ontario
✟8,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When speaking in terms of low rates of rape you need to take into consideration the fact that in a lot of cases women have a much harder time convincing the court that they were raped. Take Saudi Arabia for example. If a woman gets raped there (which is NEVER the victim's fault) she'll more often than not have a hard time convincing the court that she was raped. If they don't believe that she was raped even if she was she can be thrown in jail, beaten or stoned to death. I personally don't think that's fair and it's certainly not a Godly thing to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When speaking in terms of low rates of rape you need to take into consideration the fact that in a lot of cases women have a much harder time convincing the court that they were raped. Take Saudi Arabia for example. If a woman gets raped there (which is NEVER the victim's fault) she'll more often than not have a hard time convincing the court that she was raped. If they don't believe that she was raped even if she was she can be thrown in jail, beaten or stoned to death. I personally don't think that's fair and it's certainly not a Godly thing to do.

Unfortunately he doesn't believe that women have a rough time in Saudi Arabia. Apparently they're enjoying an amazing amount of comfort there, because they're modest and covered head-to-toe, so of course the men respect them more for it.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Isabella said:
If we look at Deuteronomy, the point is that it is NOT appropriate for a woman to wear that which is considered mans clothing.

Pants aren't mens clothing either.
As you said - tunics, and such.

My question is - why do men wear pants that can cause women to sin and lust?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
but again that is pure speculation on your part. There is no evidence for it. Many counties with similar dress code have the similar low rates of rape as SA, like Armenia, Greece, and India. Personally I think you just don't wanna admit or deal with the fact that countries that focus less on modesty and more on western morals have some of the highest rates of rape in the world(and murder too). There is more divorce, adultery, drinking, re-marriage, abortion, contraception, immodest clothing which aggravates and increases the rape and violence rates. Which means that shannon and antigone are pushing ideals that hurt women in the long run.

Men find skirts more appealing because they are easier access...
So anyway - that's what i was told.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Actually, they have the lowest rates of reported rapes - which doesn't mean anything for the thousands of women who are raped and say nothing because their status in society is less than human.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the women are wearing burqas and niqabs.

Women [Muslim] are less than human - and if raped will be stoned to death.
That is true.
Most say nothing - because they are afraid.
Meantime - their family may honor kill her...it is a dishonor to the family if she is raped.

The rape rate is probably MUCH MUCH higher since men don't pay for the crime and women pay with their lives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.