Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
On the basis of the righteousness and forgiveness of Christ.
So no one is ever held accountable for any kind of wrongdoing or sin, (including not acting or not doing when and what you should, when you should) Anyway, no one (as long as they are a believer you mean...?) (then I would ask you what that means, to be true believer) Anyway, no one who is a believer is ever held accountable for any kind of wrongdoing or sin, simply by believing only, or what...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about sin...? Is that all taken care of in love for our enemies...? And, Is it our love or his love...?, or perhaps our love in response to his love maybe...?

God Bless!

:) . We are to confess our sins, and when we do something amazing (as in amazing Grace) happens, we learn in 1rst John chapter 1. I can't answer about other things I don't know about. Heh heh. Let me tell you, when I pray the Lord's Prayer, it makes a difference!

We do know from epistles that love covers much!
(Look it up)

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Weird. I was raised baptist and all I ever heard from evangelicals was judgmental attacks on others while preaching grace.

Yet when I went to a more traditional church that focused on grace and works together there was no judgement whatsoever.

Even most Roman Catholics I've met are less judgemental than the typical evangelical.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is only one issue of many that divide Christianity. Jesus Christ anticipated this, which is why He founded ONE Church, said it was to remain ONE, and promised that ONE Church the fullness of God's truth. He knew that if people defected from that ONE Church and its divine guarantee of truth, they would immediately begin arguing about many different beliefs, and dividing and redividing into more and more conflicting denominations, in direct violation of His will concerning His followers, which was and still is "that they all may be ONE, even as I and My heavenly Father are One". He was right.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a rift, a divide among Christians, one party says it is impossible to be sinlessly perfect and not ever sin at all, ect, ect, and seriously doubt anyone else who thinks otherwise, especially those who say or may claim to have achieved it themselves, these ones this party hates...

The other party worries about this making, even people like them, "give up" on a battle and struggle against sins and wonder what the point or even trying is, why not just give into every single impulse to sin and completely give up on the struggle against sin... They hate others that they perceive as sinners who sin way more than they do, and they hate them because they can seem to get away with more, ect, and accuse them of using Grace as a license to sin, but are really upset with them because they don't think they put up any kind of fight or struggle against sin...

The former party (above) are known as Grace, and faith people, I guess you could say, while the latter party is considered like Law, and works people...

I think this is a great divide, so, can we solve or at least resolve it...?

No, we can't resolve it. You see for yourself why, right below the answer to your questions. Many Christians are certain they are right, and strongly intolerant. This makes peace impossible.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a rift, a divide among Christians, one party says it is impossible to be sinlessly perfect and not ever sin at all, ect, ect, and seriously doubt anyone else who thinks otherwise, especially those who say or may claim to have achieved it themselves, these ones this party hates...

The other party worries about this making, even people like them, "give up" on a battle and struggle against sins and wonder what the point or even trying is, why not just give into every single impulse to sin and completely give up on the struggle against sin... They hate others that they perceive as sinners who sin way more than they do, and they hate them because they can seem to get away with more, ect, and accuse them of using Grace as a license to sin, but are really upset with them because they don't think they put up any kind of fight or struggle against sin...

The former party (above) are known as Grace, and faith people, I guess you could say, while the latter party is considered like Law, and works people...

About the latter's concerns, In a favorite Star Trek TNG episode of mine, called "The Offspring" Data creates a child android, her name is Lal... She is upset about something and ask her Father, Data, why do you still try to be human or like humans if it's impossible...?" Cause for a mechanical man, or android, to become like a, especially flesh and blood human, is considered impossible even in the age of Star Trek... So, she says/asks, "why"...? Data says that, "It does not matter if we ever fully meet our eventual goal (100% sinless perfection), (or to be like God) the "effort" (trying, struggling, fighting) (against sin) (trying to be like God) yields it own rewards (from God, or the way God has designed it) (to work)...

"The effort always yields it's own rewards"

Then he said, "We must strive (or struggle) to more (or better) than what we are" (or were yesterday)...

And we should not let that go...

Just because it is nigh impossible, does not mean we should not try or fight or struggle or put up a fight, or whatever (for it) (the goal) (of 100% sinless perfection) (and not even fight or struggle with sin anymore)...

God Bless!

You are making a case that does not exist. While certain aspects of being perfect can help to secure our salvation, being "perfect entirely" according to the Bible is not a salvation issue. The Bible does not say that if you are not perfect entirely and you don't put away even minor faults or sins you will go to hell. Take for example the command by Jesus that says, "Rejoice, and be exceeding glad when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake." - (Matthew 5:11-12). Does the Bible say that if we do not obey this command we are going to hell? No.

In other words, not all sin is the same. Jesus said there is a greater sin (John 19:11). 1 John 5:16-17 says there is a sin unto death and a sin not unto death. Jesus said to the Pharisees that they ignored the WEIGHTIER matters of the Law like: Love, justice, faith, and mercy (See Luke 11:42, and Matthew 23:23). Peter says in 1 Peter 3:21 that baptism is not for salvation. Yet, it is a command as a part of the great commission (Matthew 28:19). But Paul says that Christ did not send him to baptize but to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:17). Psalms 19:12 talks about secret or hidden faults. Matthew 12:31-32 says that speaking bad words against the Holy Ghost can never be forgiven and speaking bad words against the Son (Jesus) can be forgiven. The sin of worshiping the beast in the future is so bad to GOD that their names are not even written in the book of life since the foundation of the world (See Revelation 13:8, and Revelation 17:8). Even life teaches us that not all sin is the same. For do you consider the breaking of the Law of going over the speed limit by 5 miles per hour (in driving a motor vehicle) as the same as the crime as murder? Surely not.

So what about James 2:10?

Well, this is the only verse that suggests (at first glance with a quick reading) that all sin is the same, and a reader who does use this verse to support this view has to do at the expense of ignoring so many other verses in the Bible.

James here is not talking about ceremonial laws in the New Covenant like baptism, the Lord's supper, etc. James is talking about the "Royal Law" (i.e. to love your neighbor) (James 2:8).

8 "If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law." (James 2:8-11).​

So in verse 10: When James says if you keep the whole Law , he is referring to the whole of the Royal Law (in loving your neighbor) and if you offend in one point in the keeping of this whole law of loving your neighbor, you are guilty of breaking all of God's laws. Verse 11 confirms this by it saying, "Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law." Paul says that loving your neighbor is the equivalent of the Moral Law (like do not murder, do not covet, etc.) (See Romans 13:8-10).

However, the Bible does mention certain Laws that if disobeyed (and not repented of) can keep a person out of the Kingdom of God.

#1. Not loving God and not loving your neighbor is a salvation issue (Luke 10:25-28).
#2. Not keeping the Moral Law is a salvation issue (Matthew 19:17-19, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, 1 John 3:15, Revelation 21:8).
#3. Not preaching or spreading the gospel is a salvation issue
(Luke 9:62, Luke 9:26).
#4. Not helping the poor is a salvation issue (See Matthew 25:31-46).​

The Bible talks about how we can overcome grievous sin (See 1 Corinthians 10:13, Galatians 5:24, Romans 13:14, 1 Peter 4:1-2, 2 Corinthians 7:1). If we are not in agreement with that, then we are seeking to do our own thing (Which is not biblical). It doesn't matter if you strive to obey in being perfect. You don't believe you can overcome sin, so you are at a starting point of failure before you even begin. This is why many will say that King David was saved while he committed his sins of adultery and murder (Which is turning God's grace into a license for immorality - Jude 1:4; But the grace of God teaches us to not only deny ungodliness and that we SHOULD LIVE righteously and godly in this present world, See Titus 2:11-12).

Important Note:

We are initially and ultimately saved by God's grace through faith. But we need repentance as a part of that. I see repentance as seeking forgiveness with the Lord Jesus Christ which is then followed by the natural fruits of repentance (Good deeds and obedience to God's essential commands that deal with everlasting life).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

About the latter's concerns, In a favorite Star Trek TNG episode of mine, called "The Offspring" Data creates a child android, her name is Lal... She is upset about something and ask her Father, Data, why do you still try to be human or like humans if it's impossible...?" Cause for a mechanical man, or android, to become like a, especially flesh and blood human, is considered impossible even in the age of Star Trek... So, she says/asks, "why"...? Data says that, "It does not matter if we ever fully meet our eventual goal (100% sinless perfection), (or to be like God) the "effort" (trying, struggling, fighting) (against sin) (trying to be like God) yields it own rewards (from God, or the way God has designed it) (to work)...

Then he said, "We must strive (or struggle) to more (or better) than what we are" (or were yesterday)...

Just because it is nigh impossible, does not mean we should not try or fight or struggle or put up a fight, or whatever (for it) (the goal) (of 100% sinless perfection) (and not even fight or struggle with sin anymore)...

God Bless!

As for Star Trek:

I used to be a huge fan. I collected all five of the series on DVD (TOS to Enterprise) (six - if you count the animated series) and played the role playing game and even went to one Trek convention in my home town. I have been to the Las Vegas Star Trek experience (when it was in existence) several times. I still know many of the episodes by name. But after putting away secular movie and TV watching in October 2016 after watching Luke Cage the TV series, I then began to see sinful things in these movies and shows that I did not catch before.

Listen to the words of the creator of Star Trek to see if it is godly show or not:

“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.”
—Gene Roddenberry

“For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain. If people need religion, ignore them and maybe they will ignore you, and you can go on with your life. It wasn't until I was beginning to do Star Trek that the subject of religion arose. What brought it up was that people were saying that I would have a chaplain on board the Enterprise. I replied, "No, we don't.”
—Gene Roddenberry​

Star Trek is chocked full of New Age godless things such as telepathic communication, psychic phenomena, telekinesis, witchcraft, mind transference, wiccanism, and many occult themes.

Star Trek also includes much sexual immorality, as well.
One TNG episode is actually named after a slang term for three people who have sexual relations together.

Star Trek also includes atheism and the lie of Macro-Evolution.

Besides, aliens are also not real. They are part of a demonic deception. It is not a coincidence that people smell brimstone sometimes when they encounter both ghosts and aliens. It s not a coincidence that believers have cast out aliens in Jesus name. It is also not a coincidence that Pastors taught in the Bible that demons are sometimes referred to as owls and then we later have a movie that promotes this fact. For there is a movie about alien abductions involving the grey aliens (with black almond eyes) along with owls (with the same kind of eyes). Note: You can see the trailer for this movie on YouTube. It is called: "The Fourth Kind." Please be warned, the images in the trailer are disturbing and please pray for spiritual protection if you do decide to watch this trailer.

Anyways, the point here is that there is nothing Godly or good about Star Trek. It is a secular TV show created by someone who was an atheist that includes many sinful things (that are an abomination to God).

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look you guys can argue doctrine/false doctrine all you want, and till your blue in the face, K...

But, are you gonna help me, and perhaps others also, address the concerns that follow us never being able to be sinlessly perfect...? or not...?

Much thanks if you wish to participate,

God Bless!
Since we acknowledge that no one is without sin as 1 John 1 states, we need need to distinguish between occasional sin and the practice of sin. 1 Jn 1:7 states that the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin - IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT. The word "if" indicates a condition (walking in the light) that must be met in order to be purified from all sin. Thus a general lifestyle of obedience/sanctification that is characteristic of walking in the light is necessary for the assurance of Jesus' cleansing blood. Those who walk in the light still occasionally sin, but upon repentance are cleansed by the blood.

On the other side of the coin, there are those believers who instead choose to walk in darkness, characterized by disobedience and living according to the flesh. 1 Jn 1:6 declare that they do not even have fellowship with God. Instead of occasional sin, they practice sin. 1 Jn 3:4 states: "Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness." 1 Jn 3:8 states: "Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning."

So the question is not whether we are sinlessly perfect. The question is, is our lifestyle as believers marked by obedience to God and pursuing holiness even despite those times when we occasionally sin? We all sin but do we practice sin or do we occasionally sin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since we acknowledge that no one is without sin as 1 John 1 states, we need need to distinguish between occasional sin and the practice of sin. 1 Jn 1:7 states that the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin - IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT. The word "if" indicates a condition (walking in the light) that must be met in order to be purified from all sin. Thus a general lifestyle of obedience/sanctification that is characteristic of walking in the light is necessary for the assurance of Jesus' cleansing blood. Those who walk in the light still occasionally sin, but upon repentance are cleansed by the blood.

On the other side of the coin, there are those believers who instead choose to walk in darkness, characterized by disobedience and living according to the flesh. 1 Jn 1:6 declare that they do not even have fellowship with God. Instead of occasional sin, they practice sin. 1 Jn 3:4 states: "Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness." 1 Jn 3:8 states: "Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning."

So the question is not whether we are sinlessly perfect. The question is, is our lifestyle as believers marked by obedience to God and pursuing holiness even despite those times when we occasionally sin? We all sin but do we practice sin or do we occasionally sin?

The Bible says it only takes one act of murder to be a murderer (Numbers 35:16-18), and it says that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him (1 John 3:15).

The Bible says one act of adultery is considered as adultery (Leviticus 20:10), and Proverbs 6:32 says that he that commits adultery destroys his own soul. Jesus says that if you look upon a woman in lust, you have committed adultery already with her in your heart, and your whole body can (potentially) be cast into hell fire (See Matthew 5:28-30). Jesus did not say you need to keep looking at woman in lust to commit adultery.

1 John 3:9 is not talking about habitual sin. The key to understanding 1 John 3:9 is 1 John 3:6. If we ABIDE in Christ, we cannot sin while we abide in Him. So 1 John 3:9 is saying that we cannot sin (not even one time) while we are in the born again state and while we are abiding in Christ. When we choose to sin, we are not doing so while we are abiding in Christ and while we are abiding in the born again state. For if we willfully sin after we receive the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 10:26). For what fellowship does light have with darkness? None (of course).

Ananais and Sapphira died for their one time sin of lying to the Holy Ghost and a great fear came upon the church and not comfort, joy, or sadness. One grievous sin (that is not repented of) is all it takes to be separated from God. For what do you think happened with Adam and Eve? Did not Adam's one time sin make him to die spiritually? Was it not the devil's lie that was said to Eve that they would not die if they disobeyed God?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

If you truly knew how truly narrow the road is, you'd realize that all "practice" sin intentionally all the time, some are just not aware of it or that sometimes...

Do sins done habitually in ignorance, count as any kind of sin...? Is ignorance of the Law, or the true strictness of the Law ("full" knowledge of "all" sin) (and "then", not sinning at all), a defense...? or not...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s ridiculous ok.....we are sinners, we can’t be perfect.

Sometimes this verse come to my mind:
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I agree that it is difficult to understand. Would you suggest that, when this comes to my heart, that I say : "It’s ridiculous ok.....we are sinners, we can’t be perfect?"

If not, do you believe that your meaning of Perfect may be different from the one Jesus commanded us to be?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!
I believe the if the question involves mediation for two sides that hate each other....there is no need, as both will continue to hate each other in this life and the next..... I say we should come out from among them and be ye separate. I would not want to be caught on either side, or between them.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

God Bless!

To say we cannot reach sinless perfection is to doubt the power of God.

To say we have achieved it is to deny our own weakness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh the Hypocrisy...

@jason, OK, some sins are worse than others, so I guess those are permissible... And "who" again was guilty of the greater sin...? Either Herod, or the Pharisees or the Jews in general...? Who would that be today...?

And, if some sins are better or worse than others, what about a person and/or persons who had it much harder in life than you ever have, or maybe ever can even imagine, and on the outside they seem to be "greater sinners" (than as I guess you or you would put it Jason), but they really may not be, (Jesus may point to that being or not being the case) anyway, should that be factored in...? And what about "all the other factors" that need to be considered in any accurate, true, or truly just judgement...? cause that's what you are talking about is judgment, and were just not qualified to judge one another without at least knowing "some of the story" first most especially... And even then, we will not do it anywhere near to perfectly...

Best to leave that up to God don't you think...? We certainly cannot judge sin inasmuch as trying to determine whether we or someone, or somebody else, is a "better or worse sinner" than everybody else... What is the true motive behind this kind of thinking anyway...? and insisting on making or trying to make this distinction or judgement in the first place...? I would say any and all motives for that is sin, and only not unless it is God...

On top of that your saying one can't sin at all even or they are not saved, and that is not true under the NC, as long as you are under the NC...

Do we have to imprison and punish people and send them to jail sometimes, yes, we do, but that is a whole lot different than us wishing them to go to hell, and giving up on them when you think you know they are going to hell, or not caring at all, cause they are a "bad person" in your eyes, much worse than you, right...?

We also have to be aware of our making a lot, A LOT of terrible, horrible mistakes in our trying to mettle out justice for and among ourselves, due to how truly difficult it is...

But Jason knows, Jason has everything figured out right...? So let's just ask him and make him our judge, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
To say we cannot reach sinless perfection is to doubt the power of God.

To say we have achieved it is to deny our own weakness.
Who then can be saved...?

(I'm assuming you know the rest)...

Is there a way to achieve it...? or are we, or am I "missing the point" (by that)...? If so, what point am I missing...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe the if the question involves mediation for two sides that hate each other....there is no need, as both will continue to hate each other in this life and the next..... I say we should come out from among them and be ye separate. I would not want to be caught on either side, or between them.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."
So everybody just leaves everybody alone...? Is that the great commission...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So everybody just leaves everybody alone...? Is that the great commission...?

God Bless!
Is this how your mind interprets the verse I Quoted? I guess that isnt too bad, if it stopped one from hating others that believe different from themselves....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is this how your mind interprets the verse I Quoted? I guess that isnt too bad, if it stopped one from hating others that believe different from themselves....
I'm sorry about my questions, but I am trying to go somewhere with it/them... But that did seem to me to be what you were kind of saying...? Please correct me if I am wrong...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0