Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
fromdownunder said:
But when people say there was a world wide flood, and bring such arguments to the table in a science forum, that is when (and the only time) I will ask for evidence.
People want evidence that supports their pet theorys and that is it.

I bring scientific evidence forward all the time to support creationism and people reject any science that does not support their pre conceived ideas.

Upvote 0

Valkhorn

the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist
Jun 15, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟11,624.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I bring scientific evidence forward all the time to support creationism and people reject any science that does not support their pre conceived idea of the way things are.

My irony meter explodes. Where is your evidence John?

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:

I bring scientific evidence forward all the time to support creationism and people reject any science that does not support their pre conceived ideas.

Do you mean like posting pictures of plastic skulls and claiming them as evidence of fraud? I have yet to see you post anything that supports creationism scientifically.

If you believe in miracles, why do you look for natural mechanisms?

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:

No, you bring absolutely nothing but meaningless tripe.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
AV1611VET said:
Yup --- since God believes it --- we do too. This CF is doing the world a favor: waking it up to the fact that this country is a Christian nation.

It was founded by God for two major reasons:
  • 1. To protect the Jews prior to WW2.
    2. To assist the Jews after WW2.
Take a look at our Bill of Rights (first 10 amendments to our Constitution); it is written in such a way as to insure that no pogrom will occur legally on American soil.

's funny, I was always under impression that America was founded by British colonists who wanted out from under the thumb of the British monarchy at the time (that whole taxation thing).

I guess they teach different history lessons where you come from, huh?

And we can't get you guys to properly discuss creation, redemption, sin, Jesus, etc.

I don't blame Christian organizations for not replying. If you guys dismiss outright Jesus walking on water, don't expect us to discuss buoyancy laws, specific gravity, etc.

If you don't want to hear about Creation, we don't want to hear about the Big Bang.

Ah well, que sera sera.

Then why do creationists keep paying lip service to the notion that creationism is somehow scientific? I've long realized that creationism is about little more than evangelism, but trying to go about it by attacking science is a fight you can't win.

Upvote 0

PETE_

Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God
Jun 11, 2006
✟212,561.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
fromdownunder said:
Panderson, that's fine by me, and if you wish to say it in an apologetic forum, I will not argue at all.

But when people say there was a world wide flood, and bring such arguments to the table in a science forum, that is when (and the only time) I will ask for evidence.

In theology/mataphysics/apologetics forum "God did it" is enough for me to bow out. It cannot be falsified. In a science forum, I am afraid it is not.

Norm
I can agree with that. I think many Christians take "defending" the faith, just a bit too serious. They need to realize that, since God is in control, science will come around. Delving into complex math and science is definately not for everyone. I myself do not understand it all, but do find it interesting.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pandersen said:
The marsupial creatures of Australia are the absolute same ones as elsewhere that filled the earth after the flood. The same body type is the evidence of ancestry and not minor matters as reproduction. The present attempt of science to group animals and their relationships by reproduction methods or minor bone structures has been the error of modern evolutionary biology and palaeontology.

Are you sure this isn't some sort of parody or something. I'm really getting a Poe's Law vibe from it, especially the part I quoted.

I'd note that in all that I snipped I didn't notice anything explaining how the marsupials made it to Australia, nor why only marsupials went to Australia.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Pandersen said:
I can agree with that. I think many Christians take "defending" the faith, just a bit too serious. They need to realize that, since God is in control, science will come around. Delving into complex math and science is definately not for everyone. I myself do not understand it all, but do find it interesting.

But you have people like Kent Hovind who misuse science to further his point of view, YEC, and the many people who don't want to do the complex math and science take him for his word that the science is wrong. This leads to ignorance of the worst sort: willful. He is a fast talker who know how to present his argument. Yet, when one looks at his arguments with time to properly view them, they fall apart. Why do you think he won't debate in print?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Valkhorn said:
My irony meter explodes. Where is your evidence John?
Right now my evidence is DNA. The Bible talks about Adam and Eve. When it comes to the whole human race there have been 10 adams and 18 eves. Most likely the Eve in the Bible was one of those 18 Eves that we read about in our science book.

This does not confirm the traditional understandings of the Bible. But it does confirm the Bible is true, and it science shows that this is how God does things.

Also, the most recent scientific evidence shows how farming begain and even we are leaning more and more about the beginning of civilization as we now know it.

Again and agains science confirms what we already know from the Bible. Even science helps us to have a better understanding then we ever did before.

So to sum it up. We have scientific DNA evidence for the beginning of the Hebrew people that we read about in the Bible. We also have scientific evidence for the beginning of farming that we read about in the Bible.

We have scientific evidence that shows the Bible is dependable as a History book. More research is being done on this, so soon we will have more of a understanding then we ever had before.

If you study science enough, you know where they are going and what conclusions they are going to come to. Again and again people have argued against me and then in just a few years science comes up with the evidence to show that what I was saying was true.

I argued and argued against straight line gradual evolution in horses. Now the latest research shows that I was right. It was not gradual and not in a straight line, just like I said it was not. In time the evidence will show that what I am saying is true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
BeamMeUpScotty said:
But you have people like Kent Hovind who misuse science to further his point of view, YEC, and the many people who don't want to do the complex math and science take him for his word that the science is wrong. This leads to ignorance of the worst sort: willful. He is a fast talker who know how to present his argument. Yet, when one looks at his arguments with time to properly view them, they fall apart. Why do you think he won't debate in print?

I'm willing to bet that someone like Hovind probably just does it all for the money. There's money to made if you take a position that is extreme enough (heck, look at the success Coulter enjoys).

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Pete Harcoff said:
I'm willing to bet that someone like Hovind probably just does it all for the money. There's money to made if you take a position that is extreme enough (heck, look at the success Coulter enjoys).

I know he's in it for the money, but I'm certain he's absolutely convinced of his position as well. It's more than ironic how he says he doesn't want evolution taught with his tax dollars, yet he doesn't pay any.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
So in order to have a world wide flood Dr Dino has two different theorys. One is that Noah sailed around the world twice. Once to pick all the animals up and a second time to drop them off back where he found them. Dr Dinos second theory is that a lot of evolution took place after the flood to create all the individual species. My wife attended college in Davao. So of course I have been there to visit her family.
John, if you really want to be taken seriously, don't use Mr. Dino to support your points. He is not only not a doctor, but the only theory he will be working on is what color fabric goes best with prison wall gray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:
He says he does not have time to deal with all the scoffers and skeptics that want a peice of him.
He is to busy serving God and trying to lead the lost to Christ.

But he'll have time to debate you in person if you pay him and his travel expenses. If he was truly interested in convincing people, he would debate in print where each point, on both sides, can be studied and properly replied to. His circus act debates do nothing to further human knowledge.

Plus he has plenty of time to write articles on his web page.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
He says he does not have time to deal with all the scoffers and skeptics that want a peice of him.
He is to busy serving God and trying to lead the lost to Christ.
Wow. Lying to tons of people, stealing their money, and committing 58 counts of tax fraud against the government is serving God and leading the lost to Christ? I must have missed that in the Bible. I always thought the commandments were thou shalt not bear false witness or steal. If Hovind is a good example, the commandments must be thou shalt lie through your teeth to gain wealth, and thou shalt steal repeatedly from your government.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
BeamMeUpScotty said:
But he'll have time to debate you in person if you pay him and his travel expenses.
I doubt it. I do not think he would show up if things did not look right to him.

I do not know what they get paid, but it is around $1200 plus whatever they make selling their books and tapes. So even if their expenses were half of that, they still make a pretty good living.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jase said:
John, if you really want to be taken seriously, don't use Mr. Dino to support your points.
They are not my points, they are his. I am a GAP, so we do not believe in a world wide flood the way the YEC do. At least my research shows the evidence points toward what they call a local flood.

Upvote 0