✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My experience is I'd like to have it.

To be honest, I bet all Spirit-filled believers could operate in this gifting pretty easily if we were not afraid of calling a spade a spade. When we see things that we know the Holy Spirit would not inspire, we should call it what it is.

Example, an AG church I heard of once had a practice called Purification by Urination. It was exactly what it sounds like. The people would sit on the front row of the pews, even coming forward during the sermon. If they relieved themselves while sitting there that means the Holy Spirit had come upon them and expelled the evil from their bodies by means of bodily functions.

That type of thing. :doh:

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

To be honest, I bet all Spirit-filled believers could operate in this gifting pretty easily if we were not afraid of calling a spade a spade. When we see things that we know the Holy Spirit would not inspire, we should call it what it is.

Example, an AG church I heard of once had a practice called Purification by Urination. It was exactly what it sounds like. The people would sit on the front row of the pews, even coming forward during the sermon. If they relieved themselves while sitting there that means the Holy Spirit had come upon them and expelled the evil from their bodies by means of bodily functions.

Errrrrr...........!

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think that only requires common sense to see that's wrong rather than discerning of spirits :sick:

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit." I Cor 12

There are differences between discerning and discerning of spirits.

Many believers think they have this gift because they discern. Of course, discerning is beneficial and we're to test everything (I Thess 5). Solomon only asks for discernment (I Kings 3) and was given a " a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee." We can know The Bible and discern untruths (not referring to interpretation differences, etc). "...use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil: (Heb 5:14). In looking at others, often we go by what we think or their appearances. Isaac didn't discern that it was Jacob, not Esau, because his hairy hands (Gen 27).

Yahweh knows everyone's thoughts and hearts. For all revelation spiritual gifts, the information has to come from Yahweh or it's us. For discerning of spirits, if that information makes us feel superior, bitter, suspicion, etc then it's probably not The Holy Spirit. Paul discerned a demonic spirit in the slave girl who was speaking the truth and cast it out (Acts 16:17-18).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

I think that only requires common sense to see that's wrong rather than discerning of spirits :sick:

It is one of the nine Supernatural Gifts. Those having Spiritual Discernment are able to see into the invisible realm with Spiritual eyes when required/necessary for protection against the enemy as well as ministering to others all with the purpose of advancing His Kingdom on earth. Sometimes during a difficult deliverance the one ministering deliverance will perceive with Spiritual Eyes. Likewise, also angelic activity. :)

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Every Spirit-filled Believer has a check of discernment in their own spirit, "a still small voice." A Spirit-filled Believer that has the Spiritual Gift of Discernment may have at one time or another been permitted to see into the invisible realm whether demonic activity and/or angelic activity. It could be a dream, vision or being translated ~ "whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth."

Upvote 0

rdclmn72

May 19, 2007
dunlap, tn
✟36,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Micah showed one aspect of this important gift as he was shown how a lying spirit would entice Achab into battle and have him die there.
Discernment is then the leadership trait that makes it possible the detencting of the true nature of things that come in contact with us.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What are your experiences with this gift and/or with people who do have it?
I'ce worked with several with this gift over the years. Truly wish more operated in it as it's essential for healing, deliverance, counseling and many aspects of ministry.

Basic operation is the person can see into the spirit realm at times of God's chosing. They can see evil spirits as wel as angels. They can tell the source of a problem so you know whether to pray for healing or cast out a demon.

My 10 year old operates in that on occasion and i've learned to trust him when he tells me things he sees. He's also healed a broken finger that 3 people witnessed and heard pop back into place when he laid hands on a lady. He speaks in tongues and sees all manner of propheir dreams. He's gone through life threatening illnesses the past few years and received much grace from God. As a result, he's had a strong outpouring of the Spirit's power. We catch him in his room late at night praying. When we ask if he's tired, he explains that when he prays he feels God's power so strongly he doesn't want to stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'ce worked with several with this gift over the years. Truly wish more operated in it as it's essential for healing, deliverance, counseling and many aspects of ministry.

Basic operation is the person can see into the spirit realm at times of God's chosing. They can see evil spirits as wel as angels. They can tell the source of a problem so you know whether to pray for healing or cast out a demon.

My 10 year old operates in that on occasion and i've learned to trust him when he tells me things he sees. He's also healed a broken finger that 3 people witnessed and heard pop back into place when he laid hands on a lady. He speaks in tongues and sees all manner of propheir dreams. He's gone through life threatening illnesses the past few years and received much grace from God. As a result, he's had a strong outpouring of the Spirit's power. We catch him in his room late at night praying. When we ask if he's tired, he explains that when he prays he feels God's power so strongly he doesn't want to stop.

That is amazing!!! :thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0

Missyjojo88

Mar 26, 2005
Connecticut
Visit site
✟19,679.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunate I have this gift although it's not the only gift, but it tends to manifest more in dreams (though I also experience this awake at times). I would see demons in dreams or when I'm awake (This includes strange objects if witchcraft is involve). But for the past few years I hear demons as I got better at hearing the voice of God. When I am in church I would hear someone talking and saying something like, " Poor water on this one." (maybe angels or God) I also hear a voice say this person is an apostate if I ask God if this particular preacher is of him or not. Sometimes when the church is weak I hear the enemy voice talking also. I used to see demons so much at one point (whether awake, half awake, asleep) that I told God I do not want to see them anymore. I hardly see good angels. It gets tiring when its always negative. This type of gift is not one that is enjoyable to have especially when you are dealing with attacks from witchcraft. Especially when you are seen demons instead of say a Angel of God. Anyone who has experience this would most likely have told God to not allow them to see demons so much. Now I see demons on occasions, but not like before (thank God for that). I now mostly hear voices talking instead of seen stuff.

I notice though that sometimes I would be waking up from my sleep and when I open my eyes I would see an object that is supposed to be on my dresser floating next to me. Then when I become more conscious it goes back to where it was. For example, I had an un open pack of tooth brush on my dresser. When I was waking up from sleep that morning not fully awoken, I open my eyes to see the un- open tooth brush floating near me. I had to really open my eyes fully for it to go back to where it was. Another time there was this vase with a cover that is also on my dresser. When I open my eyes, I saw the top of this vase floating near me. As my eyes open wider it goes back to where it was. This has happen to me at least 3 times. This is not a frequent thing. I don't understand what this is about. I do wonder if its some sort of sleeping disorder thing or if its spiritual. Has anyone experience this before?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Unbelievable! Sickening! :p

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A person with a spiritual gift may lose out on salvation if he doesn't bring out the fruit of the Spirit!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

wonderful to hear about .
be reminded that this gift also sees past the outer to discern the motive of the heart .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A person with a spiritual gift may lose out on salvation if he doesn't bring out the fruit of the Spirit!

it is truth that those with the Spirit of Christ dwelling within them , should they walk in obedience belief and faith ,will, by spiritual rule of sowing and reaping ,produce fruit in type with the tree.

but to do so they must believe rather then reason things away .i'm surprised to see you in this forum .tbh, welcome .:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it is truth that those with the Spirit of Christ dwelling within them , should they walk in obedience belief and faith ,will, by spiritual rule of sowing and reaping ,produce fruit in type with the tree.

but to do so they must believe rather then reason things away .i'm surprised to see you in this forum .tbh, welcome .:thumbsup:

Right. But at no time gifts should be given importance over the fruit of the Spirit.

I am a wanderer seeking truth where ever possible! Thanks.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Right. But at no time gifts should be given importance over the fruit of the Spirit.

I am a wanderer seeking truth where ever possible! Thanks.
So does this apparently mean that when a father takes his young child to the elders where some operate within the function of Healings, discernment and wisdom that the child's father should firsts make sure that these men are 'nice guys' where he needs to take each of them through a checklist of their fruits of the Spirit just in case his child his healed through the ministry of those who might have a few flaws - doesn't really make much sense does it.

In reality, when it comes to the local board of Elders, the fruits of the Spirit without the Manifestations of the Spirit probably makes even less sense.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The same goes for anyone who has received even the 'gift' of Salvation, if they refuse to walk in the Spirit where their fruits are virtually non existent then they can easily forfeit their salvation as well - irrespective if they operate within the 9 Manifestations of the Spirit (1Co 12:7-11) or not.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
. . . Example, an AG church I heard of once had a practice called Purification by Urination. It was exactly what it sounds like. The people would sit on the front row of the pews, even coming forward during the sermon. If they relieved themselves while sitting there that means the Holy Spirit had come upon them and expelled the evil from their bodies by means of bodily functions. . .
Was that something that you were able to confirm?

Upvote 0