Visit site
✟1,357,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23 ESV)

This verse in the Bible is probably one of the most critical of the misquoted (quoted out of context) verses in the Bible. Ever since I was learning to share the gospel message back in the early 1970s we were taught to quote this verse independent of its context and in the context of a stream of other Scripture verses taught out of context that someone then put all together in a gospel tract to share with others. And that is a very dangerous practice!

Why? Because you can end up teaching a false doctrine of salvation that way, and that has been happening for a very long time, perhaps all of my 74 years of life and beyond. For, as a stand-alone, this verse has come to mean that the punishment for our sins is death (truth) but the free (nothing required of us at all) gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord, as though this gift is just handed to us and we do nothing. Wrong!

Now, can any of us do anything in our own flesh to earn or to deserve our own salvation? No! Is our salvation a gift to us from God? Yes! Is our faith to believe in Jesus a gift from God? Yes! None of it is of our own doing – not of the will nor of the flesh of man. All this comes from God, is empowered of God, is persuaded of God, and is perfected by Jesus Christ. We can’t even come to faith in Jesus Christ unless God the Father draws us to Christ.

[Hebrews 12:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 1:12-13; John 6:44]

So, they have it right, correct? Wrong! For this is not a free handout to promise you eternal life with God based on lip service to the Lord only. A mere profession of faith in Jesus Christ, or a mere acknowledgment of him and who he is and of what he did for us on that cross is not enough to secure us salvation from sin and eternal life with God. Why? Because we need context! We need to know what that faith and salvation are.

“For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:20-23 ESV

So, what is this saying in context? This isn’t about just being delivered from the punishment of sin, is it? This is about us being delivered from slavery (bondage, addiction) to sin. So if we are still walking in sin, making sin our practice, we are still in bondage to sin, and righteousness has no part in us. And what fruit do we get from being enslaved to sin? Death! And what is the alternative? No longer live as slaves to sin but now as slaves of God.

And what is the end result of us putting sin to death in our lives and us now living as slaves of God and of his righteousness, in the power of God? The fruit we get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. So what is the gift? It is freedom from slavery to sin so that we can now become slaves of God and of his righteousness, empowered by God.

And if we go back and we read all of Romans 6 this will become even more clear to us that the “gift” is not a handout and we do nothing. The gift is the empowerment of God in our lives to now put sin to death in our lives (not just once, but daily) and to now walk in holiness and in righteousness and in obedience to the Lord, now as his slaves (servants), with him as our Master (Lord, Owner), and with us as his possession. For by faith in Him:

“We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” (v. 4)
“We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.” (v. 6)
“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions.” (v. 12)
“Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?” (v. 16)
“I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.” (v. 19)

Are you getting the BIG PICTURE now? The free gift of God’s grace, which is bringing us salvation, trains (instructs) us to renounce (say “No!” to) ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives while we wait for our Lord’s return. For Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works (Titus 2:11-14).

Jesus Christ said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin and to self) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for Jesus’ sake we deny self, die daily to sin, and follow him in obedience to his commands, in practice, then we have the hope of eternal life with God (Luke 9:23-26; cf. Ephesians 4:17-24).

So, the “free gift” does not just free you from the punishment of sin, and it does not free you to continue living in sin without conscience and without the feeling of guilt. It frees us from our slavery (bondage) to sin, but only as we walk in that freedom and we choose God’s choices and we obey them in his power, which is what it means to (agape) love God. For if we continue to live as slaves to sin, it ends in death, but obedience leads to righteousness.

[Matt 7:21-23; Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Gal 5:16-24; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-24; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:1-11; Titus 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 10:23-31; 1 Co 10:1-22; Heb 3:1-19; Heb 4:1-13; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

Hymn lyrics by Anonymous/Unknown
Music by American Melody

“For indeed He was crucified because of weakness, yet He lives because of the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, yet we will live with Him because of the power of God directed toward you” (2 Co. 13:4 NASB).

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Caution: This link may contain ads

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What is The Gift?​

“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23 ESV)

This verse in the Bible is probably one of the most critical of the misquoted (quoted out of context) verses in the Bible. ...
Now, can any of us do anything in our own flesh to earn or to deserve our own salvation? No! Is our salvation a gift to us from God? Yes!...

So, they have it right, correct? Wrong! For this is not a free handout to promise you eternal life with God based on lip service to the Lord only. A mere profession of faith in Jesus Christ, or a mere acknowledgment of him and who he is and of what he did for us on that cross is not enough to secure us salvation from sin and eternal life with God. Why? Because we need context! We need to know what that faith and salvation are.
And they overcame by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, Rev 12:10-12
John bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus the Messiah. Rev 1:2
The faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. Rev 1:5
I am of your brothers and sisters who hold firmly to the testimony of Jesus. Rev 19:10 And are faultless before God's throne. Rev 14:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A mere profession of faith in Jesus Christ, or a mere acknowledgment of him and who he is and of what he did for us on that cross is not enough to secure us salvation from sin and eternal life with God​

There is only one "proof" that a person has eternal life (Salvation).

You must obey this.

Jesus said "you MUST... be... born again"..

And water can't do that for you, because "its by MY Spirit, sayeth the Lord" and "Jesus is that Spirit".

So, the only proof you are going to heaven, is if you are born again.

Water baptism gets you wet.. as that is not the Holy Spirit.....that is Water.
Never confuse the 2.

1. See, when you are born again.....you are "seated in Heavenly Places in Christ"...= ALREADY.
The born again are "IN CHRIST", so where He ends up, is where the born again will be found after they die, or are Raptured.

The born again are become "ONE with God".. so, that seals the deal.

Welcome to ETERNAL LIFE< if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one "proof" that a person has eternal life (Salvation).
You must obey this. Jesus said "you MUST... be... born again"..
And water can't do that for you, because "its by MY Spirit, sayeth the Lord" and "Jesus is that Spirit".
So, the only proof you are going to heaven, is if you are born again.
Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
This is a faithful saying:
For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him.
If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. 2 Tim 2:10-12
See, when you are born again.....you are "seated in Heavenly Places in Christ"...= ALREADY. The born again are "IN CHRIST", so where He ends up, is where the born again will be found after they die, or are Raptured. The born again are become "ONE with God".. so, that seals the deal.
Welcome to ETERNAL LIFE< if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.
Be sure to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus

Why would Paul need to "endure", if the pre-destined are already chosen, before they are born?

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. 2 Tim 2:10-12
Why would Paul need to "endure", if the pre-destined are already chosen, before they are born?
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith; Heb 12:1-2

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin

That is "sin Consciousness" not "sinner".

What is "sin consciousness"..

Its a believer who is in the carnal mind, trying to live the Christian life.

You end up here.... "that which i hate i do"

vs..

"Christ ALWAYS... gives me the VICTORY"..

And the reason the person is in the carnal mind, which is that issue that "so easily besets"...

Is because they do not understand Salvation, at all.
And that can be because they are not actually born again, or its because they are "fallen from Grace" and "in THE Flesh".

See that.. ."In THE Flesh"? That is the CARNAL MIND...

So, to get out of that, you have to understand this... and BELIEVE IT.

1.) Heb 10:14 For by one offering God hath perfected = forever = them that are sanctified. (Thats all the born again).

2.) Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Thats all the born again)

3.) Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.)

4.) Romans 4:8

5.) John 3:17

6.) 2 Corinthians 5:19

see those 6 verses?

They are teaching that the born again is perfected/sanctified.........and WHY<.

They are teaching that God never remembers the sin, of the Born again

They are teaching that there is no more offering of your confession for sin, because they have been remitted by the Blood of Jesus and the death of Christ.

So, when a person is born again, and has no idea what any of that means, then they are going to be found doing this.

"carnal deed... confess it... repeat it".

Paul teaches they are this one..... Hebrews 6:1... = diaper baby christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is "sin Consciousness" not "sinner". What is "sin consciousness"..Its a believer who is in the carnal mind, trying to live the Christian life.
And of course, to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Rom 8:6
vs..
"Christ ALWAYS... gives me the VICTORY"..
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. Rom 8:9
1.) 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all of one Father. Heb 2:11
So, when a person... has no idea what any of that means, then they are going to be found doing this.
"carnal deed... confess it... repeat it".
So you're saying they can't grasp that they are set apart through Christ, as a result they offer their carnal deeds, wash, rinse and repeat.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you're saying they can't grasp that they are set apart through Christ,

Thank you for this question as its the BULLSEYE.

Here is the issue.

A believer is born again Spiritually.........but that is the SPIRIT, not the body or the mind.

The Spirit gets a NEW BODY...

The Born again SPIRIT< is the Son/Daughter of God......already "seated in Heavenly Places" "In Christ", "one with God".

The Born again Spirit is the REAL CHRISTian...........not the body that is "dead because of Sin".. nor is it the mind as the mind in a SPIRITUALLY born again Believer, has to become disciplined or as Paul says....."renewed".

So, 99.9% of believers do not understand what it means to become a "new creation"... IN Christ...

They dont see this correctly......They see it as...>"well here is what i feel.. here is what i think, here is what Calvin told me to believe, or the Pope, or some commentary".

And none of that is how you become this...

"work our your Salvation".

See that?
So, the self righteous believer, reads that as..."i have to work to stay saved, or i have to work to keep myself saved".

But that verse is not talking about that......as the BELIEVER IS Born again, so they already possess "the GIFT of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness" and "The Gift of Eternal Life."

The born again have become....."THE... Righteousness..... OF GOD...."in Christ'..

See that? That is the CHRISTian.

And what im showing you, @keepitsimple144 .... is the very first UNDERSTANDING.. the very first REVELATION that is to become the REAL FAITH of the born again Believer... and when you can SEE IT.. .then you have worked out your Salvation, in your HEAD, in your UNDERSTANDING, so that it now correlates to the Spiritual aspect.

And until the MIND of the born again is renewed to SEE themselves as I just explained, then they do not perceive how God sees them.

And that is why they are stuck in ... Hebrews 6:1

Here is the broken faith of the believer who has no understanding of "made righteous"..

They are..

"carnal deed... confess it.....repeat it"..

That's their DISCIPLESHIP, and they'll run to Romans 7 to try to prove it.

There are people who come to forums and will teach.. as their WARPED idea of CHRISTianity....

"all will sin, and all will repeat it, and you need to confess it".........

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this question as its the BULLSEYE. Here is the issue.
...99.9% of believers do not understand what it means to become a "new creation"... IN Christ...
They dont see this correctly......They see it as...>"well here is what i feel.. here is what i think, here is what Calvin told me to believe, or the Pope, or some commentary".
Neither Calvin nor the pope died on your behalf.
"work our your Salvation".
See that? So, the self righteous believer, reads that as..."i have to work to stay saved, or i have to work to keep myself saved".
Here is the broken faith of the believer who has no understanding of "made righteous"..
While some claim that they are not doing works to be saved but because they are saved - this is not of yourselves.
But the born again have become....."THE... Righteousness..... OF GOD...."in Christ'...
And what im showing you, @keepitsimple144 .... is the very first UNDERSTANDING...
The reality is that you can explain it until you're blue in the face and while they're relying on their carnal deeds it will go over their head.
I am doing a work in your days, A work which you will never believe, even if someone describes it to you [telling you about it in detail]. Acts 13:39-41
they do not perceive how God sees them.
They ought to know that they are accepted in Christ.
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding; Eph 1:7-8
There are people who come to forums and will teach.. as their WARPED idea of CHRISTianity....
"all will sin, and all will repeat it, and you need to confess it".........
They forget as you pointed out on a previous post, that for NC believers there is no more offering for sin:
Post# 7
3.) Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.)
After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Heb 1:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither Calvin nor the pope died on your behalf.

Lots of Popes, and not one of them is a sin bearer, other then their own.

While some claim that they are not doing works to be saved but because they are saved.

To do good works because you are a Christian, is your "reasonable service"..

"present your body as a living sacrifice TO GOD.. which is your reasonable service".

Reader.......Never do this to try to "stay saved", as that proves that you dont understand the Cross of Christ..

The reality is that you can explain it until you're blue in the face and while they're relying on their carnal deeds it will go over their head.

Legalism, is to believe that Christ started your salvation, and then its on your back, to complete it.

That is broken faith, or dead faith, or both.

They ought to know that they are accepted in Christ.
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding; Eph 1:7-8

Hebrews 6 & 10, are clearly shown as an Apostle PREACHING to Jews.. (Hebrews)..... The "Cross of Christ"...

So, no Apostle preaches this to the body of Christ as there is no need to offer SALVATION to the Already SAVED/born again.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of Popes, and not one of them is a sin bearer, other then their own.
In which case their sin remains.
To do good works because you are a Christian, is your "reasonable service"..
"present your body as a living sacrifice TO GOD.. which is your reasonable service".
Reader.......Never do this to try to "stay saved", as that proves that you dont understand the Cross of Christ..
Some conclude that if they don't present themselves alive in Christ, Rm 6:11 they don't comprehend the sufficiency of Christ's sacifice and are still relying on dead works.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—Col 1:19-22
Legalism, is to believe that Christ started your salvation, and then its on your back, to complete it.
That is broken faith, or dead faith, or both.
And of course they will insist that now that they are 'converted' the good works are done through the power of the Spirit.
But I just want to know this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works or by faith, believing what you heard? Gal 3:2
So, no Apostle preaches this to the body of Christ as there is no need to offer SALVATION to the Already SAVED/born again.
Ultimately each one will give an account to God.
So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit...Acts 15:8
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God; Rom 8:16

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In which case their sin remains.

"""""God hath made JESUS>.....to .. .BE SIN.....for US"."""""".

A.) US = the BELIEVER born again. = Specifically,..................... tho Christ died for us all..

Romans 3:17

2 Corinthians 5:19

Jesus has the Believer's sin, and they have God's "Gift of Righteousness" or : the "imputed Righteousness of Christ".

Some conclude that if they don't present themselves alive in Christ, Rm 6:11 they don't comprehend the sufficiency of Christ's sacifice and are still relying on dead works.

We understand that an unbeliever, not born again, can do the exact same "good works", as an born again believer.

What is the Difference?

A.) The unbeliever, never born again, is going to Hell.

So... most Christians put too much emphasis on "self doing"........

Paul didnt.

Paul said "I die, daily"... and that is the ....."me" ... the "self righteous"..

And he explained this as... "Its not I who live"... anymore... but someone else is living through me.

And THAT is real Discipleship.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—Col 1:19-22

Yes, that is proof of the Trinity.......as that is the Fullness of the Godhead that is in Jesus the Man.
This is why John 1:10 says that JESUS made the "world".

Also, its "according to God Mercy that HE saved us"..

That is Philippians 1:6.

That is "Grace through Faith"..

That bumper sticker reads....

"You Take Jesus......God takes you"..

And of course they will insist that now that they are 'converted' the good works are done through the power of the Spirit.
But I just want to know this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works or by faith, believing what you heard? Gal 3:2

Unbelievers can do good works., just as Christians can sit at home and binge on sort inappropriate content NETFLIX every night and Game of Thrones, they videotaped.

However, the one Proof that a person is born again is that they have become this..

= "THE Temple of the Holy Spirit", and no unbeliever, never born again, is that one.

Ultimately each one will give an account to God.

There is one Question that is asked in Eternity..

Q.) What did you do with my SON, when you were alive and kicking.??

Rejected ???? or Believed upon ???

If they rejected then this.

= John 3:36.

If they Accepted then...

"Welcome Home"...."Im God your Father"....>"Im glad you're here"

So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit...Acts 15:8

Interesting to note that Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to the 11 in John 20:22, and that was before "Pentecost" when the "comforter" came down.

Also of note is that Peter didnt get water baptized in Acts 2:38, nor did any in the upper room.
And here are 2 pics of the upper room i took recently..

Its BIG... and most who have not seen it have no idea that its really big.
(See down below)
-
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God; Rom 8:16

Yes.. and where this become very difficult to discern is on a "blind forum" where you can't see the person.
So, we have to evaluate based on what they post.
-
-
1713722269946.png

-

1713722210115.png

-

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"""""God hath made JESUS>.....to .. .BE SIN.....for US"."""""".
A.) US = the BELIEVER born again. = Specifically,..................... tho Christ died for us all.. Romans 3:17 2 Corinthians 5:19
Jesus has the Believer's sin, and they have God's "Gift of Righteousness" or : the "imputed Righteousness of Christ".
In which case the pope wouldn't be bearing his own sin as you posted.
Unbelievers can do good works., just as Christians can sit at home and binge on sort inappropriate content NETFLIX every night and Game of Thrones, they videotaped.
Videotaped, now you're showing your age. :)
Since you brought up the pope, back in the vhs era I had a Time magazine subscription. And there was an article about a Catholic nun, Teresa of Calcutta, who was admired for her charitable work. In this particular publication there was a letter that TC wrote to her superiors in which she confessed that she felt like a hypocrite, estranged from Christ. Their conclusion was that if TC who was a selfless, devotee can lack faith at times, it should not be alarming for anyone else to feel the same way.
We understand that an unbeliever, not born again, can do the exact same "good works", as an born again believer.
If they did the the same good works they wouldn't be unbelievers. John 3:21, Isaiah 26:12
What is the Difference?
A.) The unbeliever, never born again, is going to Hell.
So... most Christians put too much emphasis on "self doing"........
Paul didnt.
Paul said "Its not I who live"... anymore... but someone else is living through me.
Or rather it's Christ living in believers that makes them alive spiritually.
There is one Question that is asked in Eternity..
Q.) What did you do with my SON, when you were alive and kicking.?? Rejected ???? or Believed upon ???
If they rejected then this. = John 3:36.
Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
If they Accepted then...
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
"Welcome Home"...."Im God your Father"....>"Im glad you're here"

Yes.. and where this become very difficult to discern is on a "blind forum" where you can't see the person.
So, we have to evaluate based on what they post.
Or as Paul somberly admonished, Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.
Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 2 Cor 13:5

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In which case the pope wouldn't be bearing his own sin as you posted.

A brother or sister in the Lord, who is trying to stay saved and trying to restore fellowship with God, by confessing sin, has no understanding of the Cross of Christ, and what "imputed Righteousness" is all about.

Here is what happens to most Christians.

Someone leads them to Romans 7, and they read....>"that which i hate i do", and they think... or they are taught......"there is your Christianity". and so, that is the end of theirs, as they believe it.... and that defines their Discipleship...... other than fighting about OSAS, or fighting about "the Trinity" or "Pre-Trib, vs Mid".

Since you brought up the pope, back in the vhs era I had a Time magazine subscription. And there was an article about a Catholic nun, Teresa of Calcutta, who was admired for her charitable work. In this particular publication there was a letter that TC wrote to her superiors in which she confessed that she felt like a hypocrite, estranged from Christ. Their conclusion was that if TC who was a selfless, devotee can lack faith at times, it should not be alarming for anyone else to feel the same way.

Maybe she was a water baptized and religious vs a born again.
That would explain why she felt as she did.

'Or, it could be that when you devote to a life of selflessness, and you end up becoming admired and famous... .it could be difficult to reconcile that as justified, in your own heart and mind.

I personally have been very very blessed by reading bios of Some Catholic Saints.
I ignore the Theology, ... im not there for that...........but what i can discern is that many of these Saints, were deeply connected to the spirit of God.

Hildegard of Bingen
St. Francis
Mary of Egypt
Angela of Foligno
Margeurite Porette

If they did the the same good works they wouldn't be unbelievers. John 3:21, Isaiah 26:12

Are you born again by Good Works?

Not so far.

Or rather it's Christ living in believers that makes them alive spiritually.

Jesus said, "you must be born again".

Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Yes, and that is talking about someone who is born again.

So, if you are born again, you have passed that one.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,

Yes, Jesus is Eternal Life, so He can give it to you.

Proof?

"Christ IN YOU< the Hope of Glory"

Or as Paul somberly admonished, Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.

Yes. there is real faith and broken faith and dead faith and no faith.

JUDE says to "contend for the REAL faith"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is what happens to most Christians.
Someone leads them to Romans 7, and they read....>"
And what prevents them from reading chapter 8
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:1-2
Are you born again by Good Works?
By good works God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them, created in Christ Jesus;
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 2 Cor 1:20-22
Yes, Jesus is Eternal Life, so He can give it to you.
Proof?
"Christ IN YOU< the Hope of Glory"
Yes. there is real faith and broken faith and dead faith and no faith.
JUDE says to "contend for the REAL faith"
Having been renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created this new life within you—where Christ is all and in all. Col 3:10-11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what prevents them from reading chapter 8

The same thing that keeps them from reading Paul's other 12.9 Epistles.

FOCUS, Discipline, Lack of concern.

Also, so many denominations teach you that your Christianity is..

1.) "sin, confess, repeat".

They will teach you that you are a "sinner", and you will sin, and you will confess, and "game over".
And most Christians, will believe this... as that becomes their FAITH..

And Jesus told us that you get what you believe, so, if you only read.... "that which i hate i do, and that which i want to do, i can't"...

Then that becomes your faith and that becomes the broken faith and failed discipleship of THAT person who BELIEVES it.

There is a reason that Paul told us to STUDY the Bible and not just read it.
And that is because, by studying the NT..., you become familiar with it.......... and once that happens, then God connects the dots as Revelation.

The Holy Spirit in the Believer will begin to reveal verses as revelation, and this happens in the "inner man" as the "eyes of your understading" being opened.
]
And that is what Paul teaches is..>"rightly dividing the word"..

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:1-2

How could a born again spirit, that is the REAL Son/Daughter of God.... that is existing in the KOG, as "IN Christ"... "ONE with God"... be found condemned in there?

How can God condemn the one who is "made Righteous", and has become .. "THE... righteousness of God, in Christ"?

Condemnation is only on the unbeliever.
Its never on the Believer.

But a Christian can FEEL guilty, or sick in heart... etc, ect, but that is just a FEELING.... that is related to a wrong mindset, that is the result of not understanding GOD's Perspective of a "new Creation" in Christ".

And a person says..'

'""well, i think".. and "in my opinion" .. and that is the whole issue, the root of the problem.

See, to Walk in the Spirit, is not done with your feet.'
Its done with your FAITH that is based on revelation.

By good works God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 2 Cor 1:20-22

That is the "reasonable service" found in... Romans 12:1

Here are the 2 best "works" you can give to God.

1.) Availability
2.) Dependability

If you are not that one, Reader, and yet you never miss a Sunday, then go fishing and figure out what is wrong with your discipleship.

Having been renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it—where Christ is all and in all. Col 3:10-11

Try this..

"""""and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:"""

See how that is completely different than your version?

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same thing that keeps them from reading Paul's other 12.9 Epistles.FOCUS, Discipline, Lack of concern.
Also, so many denominations teach you that your Christianity is..
1.) "sin, confess, repeat".
They will teach you that you are a "sinner", and you will sin, and you will confess, and "game over".
Then that becomes your faith and that becomes the broken faith.
That would make them shortsighted having forgotten that their sins were cleansed.
The Holy Spirit in the Believer will begin to reveal verses as revelation, and this happens in the "inner man" as the "eyes of your understading" being opened.

Its done with your FAITH that is based on revelation.
May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places; Eph 1:17-20
Try this..
"""""and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:"""
See how that is completely different than your version?
Not remotely concerned about your version being better than the next, the reality is found in Christ.

Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1:12-15

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Cor 5:17

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would make them shortsighted having forgotten that their sins were cleansed.

That would made them "fallen from Grace" as Paul teaches in Galatians.

Not remotely concerned about your version being better than the next, the reality is found in Christ.

There are some very bad "bible versions"... and one of the worst is the NIV.

Do not use that, as it will corrupt your faith with its confused wording and misleading concepts.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Cor 5:17

Yes, this is the Born again Spirit.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some very bad "bible versions"... and one of the worst is the NIV.
Do not use that, as it will corrupt your faith with its confused wording and misleading concepts.
How do you know that it will corrupt your faith, did you read it and did it corrupt yours?

Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1:12-15

Yes, this is the Born again Spirit.
Born again of incorruptible seed through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God; 1 John 5:1

This is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith in Jesus the Son of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0