Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's absurd. There is an ice wall hundreds of feet tall that prevents this from happening according to the FE theory.

That would be equivalent to saying that if I were on the bottom of the globe I would drop off.

Understanding the other's position is the first step in initiating an informative discourse.

One misunderstanding assumes that there is no boundary and the other assumes that there's no gravity, among many other assumptions.

Like I said, understanding the other's position is the first step for a meaningful debate.
That's all right... The Earth is not flat That theory is absurd.

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
i dont see how a flat earth could prove anything, just give rise to more theories. as it is now common sense tells us all these things didnt just happen on its own. if you unload a truck load of building material, i dont care how long it sits there, the house will not build itself, there has to be a builder.

That's your own point of view. I've seen numerous videos devoted to testimonies of those who after coming to a realization of a flat earth, also came to salvation when they recognized their Creator. It's bringing people to Christ.

• Haha
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's your own point of view. I've seen numerous videos devoted to testimonies of those who after coming to a realization of a flat earth, also came to salvation when they recognized their Creator. It's bringing people to Christ.

so the idea of a man name Jesus teaching and doing wonders is a bit hard to accept while living on a sphere, but once you realize the earth is flat, now one believes in Jesus?? i must be missing something cause i cant see what one has to do with the other. is there a lost teaching of Jesus where He says believers have to find the edge of flat earth to achieve oneness with the Father and Son?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
so the idea of a man name Jesus teaching and doing wonders is a bit hard to accept while living on a sphere, but once you realize the earth is flat, now one believes in Jesus?? i must be missing something cause i cant see what one has to do with the other. is there a lost teaching of Jesus where He says believers have to find the edge of flat earth to achieve oneness with the Father and Son?

You don't have to see or understand anything about it. It's not about you.

People are being saved when they begin to realize they aren't accidentally evolved pond scum and start searching for other truth. Accept it or don't. It really doesn't matter. None of it depends on if you or I understand it.

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to see or understand anything about it. It's not about you.
i never said it was about me, i asked what does it have to do with spirituality, i have asked 3 or 4 times now and still cant get an answer. is it that hard a question?

People are being saved when they begin to realize they aren't accidentally evolved pond scum and start searching for other truth. Accept it or don't. It really doesn't matter. None of it depends on if you or I understand it.
what does evolution have to do with the shape of the world. evolution has to do with living things. how does life differ from a flat world to sphere world? an egg will evolve into a chicken, thats going to happen no matter what shape the world is.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
i never said it was about me, i asked what does it have to do with spirituality, i have asked 3 or 4 times now and still cant get an answer. is it that hard a question?

what does evolution have to do with the shape of the world. evolution has to do with living things. how does life differ from a flat world to sphere world? an egg will evolve into a chicken, thats going to happen no matter what shape the world is.

It's not a hard question, as it's been answered. Twice by myself alone.

The shape has everything to do with it, and eggs don't evolve into chickens.

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not a hard question, as it's been answered. Twice by myself alone.
you have responded but yet to answer the question. your responses make as much sense as me saying my hat is red and thats how Jesus walked on water.
The shape has everything to dowith it
ok, how? please explain

, and eggs don't evolve into chickens.
that would mean a chicken starts out as a chicken in which it does not.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
you have responded but yet to answer the question. your responses make as much sense as me saying my hat is red and thats how Jesus walked on water.

ok, how? please explain

that would mean a chicken starts out as a chicken in which it does not.

I'm sorry they don't make sense to you, but I'll say it one more time and then I'm done expressing it. I've seen and heard many testimonies from people who ended up getting saved after learning about the flat earth, because it pointed to a Creator. Salvation is about as spiritual as it gets. If you can't get that, I can't help you.

To be brief. A flat shape indicates design and importance. A round shape is taught to us as a cosmic accident, matter collecting, spinning, heating, then spitting off sterile rocks, later for some to form life from the sterile conditions. A meaningless roll of the cosmic dice. It is in that paradigm the lie of evolution is thrust on us as 'fact'.

And yes, a chicken is always a chicken. It is never something else.

Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

And you really believe that?

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry they don't make sense to you, but I'll say it one more time and then I'm done expressing it. I've seen and heard many testimonies from people who ended up getting saved after learning about the flat earth, because it pointed to a Creator. Salvation is about as spiritual as it gets. If you can't get that, I can't help you.

To be brief. A flat shape indicates design and importance. A round shape is taught to us as a cosmic accident, matter collecting, spinning, heating, then spitting off sterile rocks, later for some to form life from the sterile conditions. A meaningless roll of the cosmic dice. It is in that paradigm the lie of evolution is thrust on us as 'fact'.
the Most High can create a flat earth but not a sphere?

And yes, a chicken is always a chicken. It is never something else.
they dont start out as a chicken, they start out as just a few cells and develop (evolve) into a chicken.
the point is how would the chicken go from egg to fully grown chicken if the earth was flat? this is the part you dont seem to get.
unless you can explain how, your just making empty statements.
im asking how flat earth proves anything and your answer is it proves everything because its flat. thots not really an answer, you might as well say it proves it because it proves it. provide some substance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
And you really believe that?

Believe what? That I've seen and heard those testimonies? Yes.

Do I believe the earth is flat? I don't know. I've seen enough curvature tests to know the earth isn't what we are told it is, but FE has it's own set of issues. You could call me shape-agnostic at this point.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
the Most High can create a flat earth but not a sphere?

Ummm, what? Who said that?

they dont start out as a chicken, they start out as just a few cells and develop (evolve) into a chicken.
the point is how would the chicken go from egg to fully grown chicken if the earth was flat? this is the part you dont seem to get.
unless you can explain how, your just making empty statements.

It's always a chicken at the DNA-level. But this is pointless. I'm done with your stupid chicken.

im asking how flat earth proves anything and your answer is it proves everything because its flat. thots not really an answer, you might as well say it proves it because it proves it. provide some substance.

I didn't say anything like that either. You are reading into it your own assumptions. I really don't care if a flat earth would answer anything for you or not. The point is others who come to that conclusion are finding eternal life at the end of their journey. This isn't rocket science. Again, it's not about you.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ummm, what? Who said that?
you said that. flat earth means creator as opposed to the sphere earth we all believe now which according to your logic is beyond the creators abilities.

It's always a chicken at the DNA-level. But this is pointless. I'm done with your stupid chicken.
of course your done with it, cause this "stupid" chicken proves your argument holds no water.
i dont know why but for some reason it seems like you believe evolve means to change from one thing to another, evolve means to develop, a chicken develops from a few cells to a chicken, its going to do that whether the world is flat, sphere triangle, etc.

I didn't say anything like that either. You are reading into it your own assumptions. I really don't care if a flat earth would answer anything for you or not. The point is others who come to that conclusion are finding eternal life at the end of their journey. This isn't rocket science. Again, it's not about you.

of course i am reading into it. i have no choice because you keep dodging the question. my conclusions are the best educated guess i can make based on the teeny tiny bit of info you have given.
and again, no one says this theory is about me, all i am asking is what does flat earth have to do with spirituality?

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you believe a flat Earth THEORY why can't you believe the house will build itself?
I'm out of this conversation. I can handle opposing views but this is too much nonsense. They've seen the Earth from space..Its a sphere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
you said that. flat earth means creator as opposed to the sphere earth we all believe now which according to your logic is beyond the creators abilities.

of course your done with it, cause this "stupid" chicken proves your argument holds no water.
i dont know why but for some reason it seems like you believe evolve means to change from one thing to another, evolve means to develop, a chicken develops from a few cells to a chicken, its going to do that whether the world is flat, sphere triangle, etc.

of course i am reading into it. i have no choice because you keep dodging the question. my conclusions are the best educated guess i can make based on the teeny tiny bit of info you have given.
and again, no one says this theory is about me, all i am asking is what does flat earth have to do with spirituality?

I've said what I wanted to say, several times, in several ways. I have to assume at this point that you have a comprehension issue. We're done. Take care.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you believe a flat Earth THEORY why can't you believe the house will build itself?
I'm out of this conversation. I can handle opposing views but this is too much nonsense. They've seen the Earth from space..Its a sphere.

Try reading what I said before asking silliness like this.

Bye...

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The firmament of Genesis 1 describes a flat earth having a bowl shaped firmament resting on it, and holding up water above. The firmament creates a safe livable zone of air for us to live in. The sun, moon, and stars are inside.

Why do I never hear people mention the flat earth assumption of Genesis 1?

Because you are making an assumption when you claim it makes an assumption. I don't like assumptions.

Upvote 0