Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Something that I want to add:
Nasa in Hebrew translates to deception or to deceive

But NASA is an English acronym that has nothing whatsoever to do with Hebrew.

Speed of earth's orbit around the sun: 66,600 mph
Curvature is 0.8 inch per square mile = .666ft per square mile (8/12)
Earths tilt is 23.4 degrees off of center | 100 minus 23.4 = 66.6

Very cute. However 'inch per square mile' is a completely meaningless and incomprehensible unit. In addition 100 minus 23.4 is 77.6 not 66.6.

The Koine Greek that Christian scripture was composed in used the Miletus number system not the Roman number system. Like the Roman system, the Miletus system used letters (Greek) to repesent numbers. This system required 27 letters to stand for numbers, Nine letters were used to represent the numbers 1, 2, 3, .... 8, 9; another nine were used for 10, 20, 30, .... 80, 90; nine more were used for 100, 200, 300, ... 800, 900. So the number 666 would consist of the three letters (chi, xi and vau) representing 600 + 60 + 6 not the DCLXVI as it would be in the Roman or Latin system. There has been much conjecture on the precise meaning of the number 666. Much is made of numerology in which words are given mystical meanings by assigning numbers to the letters. Some claim it refers to Caesar Nero (AD54 – 68) who was the first Roman emperor to seriously persecute the Christians while others suggest it was Caesar Domitian (AD81- 96) who was the emperor at the time Revelation was written. Domitian was worse than Nero as far as persecutions were concerned and he was widely believed at the time to have been a reincarnation of Nero. It could hardly represent the Roman Catholic Church or the Papacy since these institutions were centuries from being formalised. It is likely the 666 refers to the Roman Empire in some way. Incidently some people have made much of the three sixes in 666. However, 666 is a place value decimal system with Arabic numerals both of which were centuries in the future. In the Miletus system there was only the one 6. It is also interesting to note that in a few ancient manuscripts the number is 616 not 666.

It's quite difficult, if not impossible, to prove the heliocentric model without the government, the military, or NASA - all which aren't historically the most trusted sources.

Praise Yah

Coperincus, Kepler and Galileo had no difficulty proving it and that was hundreds of years before NASA.

Upvote 0

Michiqan

Nov 20, 2017
Michigan
✟8,313.00
Country
Angola
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Very cute. However 'inch per square mile' is a completely meaningless and incomprehensible unit. In addition 100 minus 23.4 is 77.6 not 66.6.

The Koine Greek that Christian scripture was composed in used the Miletus number system not the Roman number system. Like the Roman system, the Miletus system used letters (Greek) to repesent numbers. This system required 27 letters to stand for numbers, Nine letters were used to represent the numbers 1, 2, 3, .... 8, 9; another nine were used for 10, 20, 30, .... 80, 90; nine more were used for 100, 200, 300, ... 800, 900. So the number 666 would consist of the three letters (chi, xi and vau) representing 600 + 60 + 6 not the DCLXVI as it would be in the Roman or Latin system. There has been much conjecture on the precise meaning of the number 666. Much is made of numerology in which words are given mystical meanings by assigning numbers to the letters. Some claim it refers to Caesar Nero (AD54 – 68) who was the first Roman emperor to seriously persecute the Christians while others suggest it was Caesar Domitian (AD81- 96) who was the emperor at the time Revelation was written. Domitian was worse than Nero as far as persecutions were concerned and he was widely believed at the time to have been a reincarnation of Nero. It could hardly represent the Roman Catholic Church or the Papacy since these institutions were centuries from being formalised. It is likely the 666 refers to the Roman Empire in some way. Incidently some people have made much of the three sixes in 666. However, 666 is a place value decimal system with Arabic numerals both of which were centuries in the future. In the Miletus system there was only the one 6. It is also interesting to note that in a few ancient manuscripts the number is 616 not 666.

Coperincus, Kepler and Galileo had no difficulty proving it and that was hundreds of years before NASA.

It's just coincidental I guess

Nah just coincidental about Hebrew people and the language itself.

And that was 100 was a mistype of 90 degrees. 666. Just saying, coincidental how there is lots of that in the most fundamental equations about our solar system and globe earth.

Galileo was an alchemist, just like Isaac Newton. So what does that have anything to do with this? Alchemy is a form of mystic magic, and you already know who operates in that realm.

616 or 666 my bible says triple 6 and most people today would recognize 666 as being the beast number, and I'm sure that will have all more relevance once the Antichrist and the image of the beast fulfill itself.

Bible clearly describes the beast being a world government, with a one world religion and a one world economy (mark of the beast). It would be silly to assume that this system isn't already being built. NASA plays an important role because with Darwinism, and the Big Bang theory that is taught and indoctrinating most people, it's disproving God.
When they announce that they have found Alien life on Mars, or wherever, (because Marrians and alien have been programmed through entertaintment ever since the 1950's) - will we still be able to stand behind NASA and back science, the science that has turned into a cult, and if you don't believe in it then you are a religious bigot?

Just a few thoughts, if you can convince people we are a speck in the universe, and there has to be life elsewhere, then it's that much easier to convince people that's God doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
From Genesis to Revelation everything assumes a flat earth. I do not see how any objective person can deny this.

Here you make a statement; I do not believe the scriptures assume any such thing; if you quote scripture I would have some I could disagree with your assumptions. I have always linked heaven to hemisphere, They saw the same as we see; the firmament is a hemisphere; the surface of the clouds are a hemisphere; any intelligent person can see that the clouds follow the surface of the earth. I am not aware that the scripture express an opinion on the matter.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From Genesis to Revelation everything assumes a flat earth. I do not see how any objective person can deny this.

Considering no one in history ever interpreted Scripture this way, I'm not sure how you can. Scripture never describes the shape of planet earth. Earth in scripture merely means land, either all the collective lands, or a specific land. Earth is defined in the first chapter of Genesis.

"And God called the dry land, earth."

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Considering no one in history ever interpreted Scripture this way, I'm not sure how you can. Scripture never describes the shape of planet earth. Earth in scripture merely means land, either all the collective lands, or a specific land. Earth is defined in the first chapter of Genesis.

"And God called the dry land, earth."

You might want to read this over if you think it's never discussed.

The Bible and the Still Flat Earth

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You might want to read this over if you think it's never discussed.

The Bible and the Still Flat Earth

You misunderstand. Earth, in the mind of the ancient writer, was not what we know as planet earth. Earth was merely the land, as distinct from the sea. In fact all throughout scripture, the earth and the sea are distinct.

Gen. 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Ex. 20:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them,

Neh. 9:6 You alone are the LORD;
You have made heaven,
The heaven of heavens, with all their host,
The earth and everything on it,
The seas and all that is in them,
And You preserve them all.
The host of heaven worships You.

Job 11:9 Their measure is longer than the earth
And broader than the sea.

Job 12:8 Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you;
And the fish of the sea will explain to you.

Psa. 46:2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Psa. 65:5 By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us,
O God of our salvation,
You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth,
And of the far-off seas;

Psa. 69:34 Let heaven and earth praise Him,
The seas and everything that moves in them.

Psa. 72:8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea,
And from the River to the ends of the earth.

Psa. 96:11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad;
Let the sea roar, and all its fullness;

Psa. 135:6 Whatever the LORD pleases He does,
In heaven and in earth,
In the seas and in all deep places.

Psa. 146:6 Who made heaven and earth,
The sea, and all that is in them;
Who keeps truth forever,

Psa. 148:7 Praise the LORD from the earth,
You great sea creatures and all the depths;

Prov. 8:29 When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,

Is. 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD
As the waters cover the sea.

Is. 42:10 Sing to the LORD a new song,
And His praise from the ends of the earth,
You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it,
You coastlands and you inhabitants of them!

Jer. 49:21 The earth shakes at the noise of their fall;
At the cry its noise is heard at the Red Sea.

Ezek. 27:33 “When your wares went out by sea,
You satisfied many people;
You enriched the kings of the earth
With your many luxury goods and your merchandise.

Ezek. 38:20 so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.’

Amos 5:8 He made the Pleiades and Orion;
He turns the shadow of death into morning
And makes the day dark as night;
He calls for the waters of the sea
And pours them out on the face of the earth;
The LORD is His name.

Amos 9:6 He who builds His layers in the sky,
And has founded His strata in the earth;
Who calls for the waters of the sea,
And pours them out on the face of the earth—
The LORD is His name.

Hab. 2:14 For the earth will be filled
With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD,
As the waters cover the sea.

Hag. 2:6 “For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land;

Zech. 9:10 I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim
And the horse from Jerusalem;
The battle bow shall be cut off.
He shall speak peace to the nations;
His dominion shall be “from sea to sea,
And from the River to the ends of the earth.’

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The firmament of Genesis 1 assumes flat earth~

Earth is simply dry land ~

Gen 1 [10] And God called the dry land Earth;

Florida is so flat, that the ocean water tickles it's borders daily.
Colorado is so mountainous, travel is like a carnival ride.

If the earth were Flat, then where is Hell?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The firmament of Genesis 1 assumes flat earth~

Earth is simply dry land ~

Gen 1 [10] And God called the dry land Earth;

Florida is so flat, that the ocean water tickles it's borders daily.
Colorado is so mountainous, travel is like a carnival ride.

If the earth were Flat, then where is Hell?

God Bless,
SBC

Years ago I met a pastor from Arizona who jokingly claimed that he was seriously concerned about his congregation. When I asked why, he replied "In Arizona it is so hot in the summer that hell doesn't scare them but so beautiful in winter that heaven holds no allure."

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Years ago I met a pastor from Arizona who jokingly claimed that he was seriously concerned about his congregation. When I asked why, he replied "In Arizona it is so hot in the summer that hell doesn't scare them but so beautiful in winter that heaven holds no allure."

States ~ Pastors ~ Places ~ Weather ~ explaining.... LOL

[URL='https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8p40aSVaXwkA_ScunIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIzbmY2bW83BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANjYWE2OTliZWFjNjY0ZDVkM2QwM2ZhZjRmMzMxYzEyNARncG9zAzI0BGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3DParadise%2BMichigan%2BRoad%2BSign%2BPhotophotos%26fr%3Dyhs-mozilla-001%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D24&w=478&h=359&imgurl=cache1.asset-cache.net%2Fgc%2F157512766-paradise-road-sign-gettyimages.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DIWSAsset%26k%3D2%26d%3DqxKuhKcvgL8QUSCyIHYMh%2FZvvFzizgjgqI7hivplTBNx4s9xhf9w29AmoMpHX27az6AwUDCWrUkAcNtpQtROyg%3D%3D&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgettyimages.com%2Fdetail%2Fphoto%2Fparadise-road-sign-royalty-free-image%2F157512766&size=92.2KB&name=%3Cb%3EParadise%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3ERoad%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3ESign%3C%2Fb%3E+Stock+%3Cb%3EPhoto%3C%2Fb%3E+%7C+Getty+Images&p=Paradise+Michigan+Road+Sign+photo+photos&oid=caa699beac664d5d3d03faf4f331c124&fr2=&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&rw=Paradise+Michigan+Road+Sign+photo+photos&tt=%3Cb%3EParadise%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3ERoad%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3ESign%3C%2Fb%3E+Stock+%3Cb%3EPhoto%3C%2Fb%3E+%7C+Getty+Images&b=0&ni=384&no=24&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12jdmo7m3&sigb=14m08crik&sigi=15k7unhe3&sigt=1290ri6vs&sign=1290ri6vs&.crumb=kCtT7oRbx3h&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla']
th
[/URL]

signhell.jpg

God Bless,
SBC

• Haha
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Just so you know. I live just 10 km north of Eden. Cain has a used car lot in the next town south.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Something that I want to add:
Nasa in Hebrew translates to deception or to decieve

נָשָׁא(nawshaw) in reference to Eve being deceived by the serpent and נָשָׂא (nasa) in reference to Cain’s punishment after killing his brother Abel.
The 2 words are pronounced differently.

Gen. 3:13
and YHWH the Elohiym said to the woman, what is this you did? and the woman said, the serpent had deceived me and I ate,

DECEIVE(Verb):
To cause to accept as true or valid; what is false or invalid; to trick. Can also mean usury in the sense of a deception. The participle form may mean creditor in the sense of imposition.
Hebrew:
נשא
n.sh.a
-com.
Strong's:
#5377, #5378, #5383

Genesis 4:13
and Qayin said to YHWH, great is my twistedness, it is more than I can lift up,

LIFT.UP(Verb): To raise a burden or load and carry it; to break camp and begin a journey; to forgive in the sense of removing the offense. Hebrew: נסא / נשא n.s.a-com. Strong's: #4984, #5375

The word “beguiled” in the KJV comes from this Hebrew word, which as seen above means “greatly deceived.” Eve was deceived by a נָחָשׁ (Hebrew: “nachash” translated as “serpent”).
In both cases (“nachash” – serpent and “nawshaw” – deceived) the Hebrew letter shin is pronounced with the “sh” sound because you will notice that there is a tiny dot above and to the right of the letter shin. This dot is what tells you how it is to be pronounced. When the dot is above and to the left of the shin (as in שָׂטָן which is the Hebrew word for Satan), it is pronounced with the “s” sound. There is a Hebrew word that is pronounced “nasa” and it is spelled the same way as “nawshaw” but with the dot over the top left of the shin:

Strong's Concordance 5375
nasa or nasah: to lift, carry, take
Original Word: נָשָׂא
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: nasa or nasah
Phonetic Spelling: (naw-saw')
Short Definition: lifted

Strong's Concordance 5377
nasha: to lend on interest, be a creditor
Original Word: נָשָׁא
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: nasha
Phonetic Spelling: (naw-shaw')
Short Definition: made
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
beguile, deceive, greatly, utterly
A primitive root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce -- beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The firmament of Genesis 1 describes a flat earth having a bowl shaped firmament resting on it, and holding up water above. The firmament creates a safe livable zone of air for us to live in. The sun, moon, and stars are inside.

Why do I never hear people mention the flat earth assumption of Genesis 1?

Genesis has an ancient worldview that would be consistent with a flat earth theory and it only assumes this as it was the context it was written under. It would be irresponsible to think the Hebrews or anything other ancient culture thought the earth was anything but flat as it was what the ancient worldview was and there is no reason to think it was anything but.

The Genesis account is not written to seamlessly be superimposed over modern science and when we do that we miss the point. It's not a science book its an account of creation from an oral storytelling culture post-Exodus with a gross amount of heretical theology. Genesis is less about "how" and more about "who" although the details of the "how" are important their focus is not about science.

This "firmament" is literally "sheet" which is a word rooted in language for metalworking as in hammering out a sheet of metal. the word is raqiya (H7549) which is rooted form the word raqa (H7554) which concretely means "hammer" as a verb it essentially is "to hammer". This firmament is that which has been beaten out by a hammer. The Septuagint confirms this as well as the KJV essentially calling it "that which is solid/firm"

so the ancient hebraic thought was that there was a pounded out sheet of metal that was called the sky and held water above it and below it. These are details based on a storytelling culture that values concrete and anthropomorphic details in their accounts. This is the way the Hebrews thought and if Genesis was written like a science book it would have been rejected so we need to read it as an ancient hebrew mind would. this however doesn't mean we need to commit to an ancient worldview but rather translate it to a modern worldview.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
this however doesn't mean we need to commit to an ancient worldview but rather translate it to a modern worldview.
Yes. It means we must read the Old Testament through the lens of the minds of the writers and understand it accordingly.

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The firmament of Genesis 1 describes a flat earth having a bowl shaped firmament resting on it, and holding up water above. The firmament creates a safe livable zone of air for us to live in. The sun, moon, and stars are inside.

Why do I never hear people mention the flat earth assumption of Genesis 1?

Becasue Nasa says the sun rises and sets. Only I complain that
makes it sound like the sun is orbiting.

And it is. Any two masses orbit around each other.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Genesis has an ancient worldview that would be consistent with a flat earth theory and it only assumes this as it was the context it was written under.

Just like we describe the earth as flat today. Airplanes don't fly curved vectors. I mean they do, but they don't say they do.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just like we describe the earth as flat today. Airplanes don't fly curved vectors. I mean they do, but they don't say they do.

Yes, the earth is three dimensional but we are used to seeing maps as a flat map on paper so often our perception of the earth is also flat because we are visualizing it from the vantage point of a paper map and because of that we may also incorrectly perceive land masses as bigger than they actually are or miscalculate distances.

for example Greenland is quite a bit smaller than South America despite what maps look like. In actuality South America is 88% larger than greenland which means you can fit a little over 8 Greenlands inside of South America.
Figure%204.19%20(scale%20distortion)a.gif

Another example I once flew to Asia from Canada and in my mind I drew a straight line (on a flat map) from Canada to my destination in Asia. The actual route taken was over the arctic and Russia then straight down which tells me my perception of earth was very flat. I actually had to use a string on a globe to confirm it was indeed a shorter route because my mind was unable to rationalise it (and it was indeed a shorter router)

We have a lot of misconceptions about the Earth despite the wide access of information available to us. Someone could easily describe the Earth using this flat-map perspective and be correct while at the same time conflicting how the earth actually is yet both can be true at the same time. For example describing the Sun "going down" or "coming up" when actually the Sun is not moving at all and it is the Earth that is spinning yet both are true and widely accepted.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, the earth is three dimensional but we are used to seeing maps as a flat map on paper so often our perception of the earth is also flat because we are visualizing it from the vantage point of a paper map and because of that we may also incorrectly perceive land masses as bigger than they actually are or miscalculate distances.

for example Greenland is quite a bit smaller than South America despite what maps look like. In actuality South America is 88% larger than greenland which means you can fit a little over 8 Greenlands inside of South America.

There is another great example. Maps are usually flat, which defies all logic and roundness as well.
And what is the sense of East and West? Arrows east and west both point at the same point. At least north and south each point to an axis point.

You can't blame anyone for thinking a line a mile long with a droop of 4 inches on each end is not completely flat.

In Genesis or in airplane landing strip construction...it's still 99.98% flat.

Upvote 0