THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF UNIVERSALISM - BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Restitution Of All Things A.K.A. Universalism

Which states:

Heb.10:28 A man that hath set at nought Moses' law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: 29 of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Generally capital punishment under Moses' law was by stoning. Stoning to death is not a very sore or long lasting punishment. People suffered far worse deaths via the torture methods of the eternal hell believing Medieval Inquisitionists and the German Nazis under Hitler.

Therefore, if the writer of Hebrews believed that wicked, rebellious, Christ rejecters would be punished with something so monstrous as being endlessly annihilated or tormented, he would not have chosen to compare their punishment to something so lame as being stoned to death. Clearly he did not believe Love Omnipotent is an unfeeling terminator machine or sadist who abandons forever the beings He created in His own image & likeness so easily.

Goodness this was easy to answer. I do not believe in Eternal Burning Hell. This is a false teaching from the Roman Cathololic Church handed down to apostate protestantism. After speaking to some of your friends here however I do not think the teachings of Universalism is much better when people are thrown into the lake of fire and tortured until they repent. Both of these teachings are doctrines of devils if my view and neither are biblical.

Hope this helps.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Goodness this was easy to answer. I do not believe in Eternal Burning Hell. This is a false teaching from the Roman Cathololic Church handed down to apostate protestantism. After speaking to some of your friends here however I do not think the teachings of Universalism is much better when people are thrown into the lake of fire and tortured until they repent. Both of these teachings are doctrines of devils if my view and neither are biblical.

Hope this helps.

If you read again my post it referred to both the endless hell & annihilation views. Yours is the latter? So have you really answered the post yet?

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Generally capital punishment under Moses' law was by stoning. Stoning to death is not a very sore or long lasting punishment.

Leviticus 20:1-3 - The penalty for giving descendants to Molech is both stoning and being cut off from his people.

Exodus 22:18 / Leviticus 20:6 - The penalty for witchcraft is both death and being cut off from his people.

Exodus 31:14 - The penalty for profaning the sabbath is both death and being cut off from his people.

That’s actually what Levitical law says.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you read again my post it referred to both the endless hell & annihilation views. Yours is the latter? So have you really answered the post yet?

All you posted was someones opinion that was not based on scripture. I am happy to discuss the details of the scriptures of HEBREWS 10 if you like? I responded by saying that the teachings of Universalism is not much better when people are thrown into the lake of fire and tortured until they repent. Both of these teachings are doctrines of devils if my view and neither are biblical. Do you agree?

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
After speaking to some of your friends here however I do not think the teachings of Universalism is much better when people are thrown into the lake of fire and tortured until they repent.

Better in what sense? Would it be better a person be tortured forever or annihilated forever than be saved? Which would you prefer? lol

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Leviticus 20:1-3 - The penalty for giving descendants to Molech is both stoning and being cut off from his people.

Exodus 22:18 / Leviticus 20:6 - The penalty for witchcraft is both death and being cut off from his people.

Exodus 31:14 - The penalty for profaning the sabbath is both death and being cut off from his people.

That’s actually what Levitical law says.

And?

When a person is stoned to death they are cut off from their people.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Better in what sense? Would it be better a person be tortured forever or annihilated forever than be saved? Which would you prefer? lol
I said Universalism is not much better when people are thrown into the lake of fire and tortured until they repent. Both of these teachings Eternal burning hell and Universalism are doctrines of devils if my view and neither are biblical. Do you agree?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And?

You can ask her. I understood what @a-lily-in-the-valley was saying. Cut off means they no longer have part with God's people. Do you understand now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And?

And when you consider Romans 11:23 (which is actually quite favourable to the reconciliation view) it might benefit you to not take so lightly something that is actually worse than death.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And when you consider Romans 11:23 (which is actually quite favourable to the reconciliation view) it might benefit you to not take so lightly something that is actually worse than death.

What's worse than death?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“Universalism” which is based on twisting and cherry picking the scriptures out of context to try and teach that God does not hold anyone accountable for sin and that all people will be eventually saved. I will post why I believe this to be a false teaching that is not biblical.

iu

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are fairy tales:

Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which are immortal beings who can travel across large stretches of time and space by dematerializing and rematerializing. They are capable of shapeshifting, but spend most of their time on Earth as elderly women.

please see it

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Still waiting for an answer to:

"So, how long are the sinners who were unbelievers at death, put to disciplinary action before entry to heaven is achieved?"

Yah---well, get to the back of the line---I asked a long time ago--and actually, another thread also! Never got an answer! Even after asking when one said that any time in hell was not acceptable! I pointed out their discrepancy with that statement and with their believe is, spending time in the lake of fire until they repent! Makes no sense---can't have no time in lake of fire is acceptable and spending time in the lake of fire until you repent!! And then they say that is not torture, or coercion!!!

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Hope this helps.

Dear Lover: You have finally fessed up to your grasp of annihilation which is the third biggie. All three teachings are clearly seen in the earliest Theological schools of the earliest writings of the first 500 years of Christianity.

The first 500 years =

Universalism, the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Goodness this was easy to answer. I do not believe in Eternal Burning Hell. This is a false teaching from the Roman Cathololic Church handed down to apostate protestantism. After speaking to some of your friends here however I do not think the teachings of Universalism is much better when people are thrown into the lake of fire and tortured until they repent. Both of these teachings are doctrines of devils if my view and neither are biblical.
Your response...
Dear Lover: You have finally fessed up to your grasp of annililation which is the third biggie. All three teachings are clearly seen in the earliest Theological schools of the earliest writings of the first 500 years of Christianity. The first 500 years
Hmm like what are you talking about dear Fine? How does what you are saying here respond to what you are quoting from dear friend?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All in all though, I do agree that universalism is dangerous and I do not believe it is correct doctrine.
What is "universalism", as you understand it? (that may be the actual problem here) Most people reject "universalism" based on a caricature of what they imagine it is. I know I did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.