THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF UNIVERSALISM - BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF UNIVERSALISM?

Hi all I have noticed in this forum that there is a handful of people going around and consistently promoting a dangerous false teaching called “Universalism” which is based on twisting and cherry picking the scriptures out of context to try and teach that God does not hold anyone accountable for sin and that all people will be eventually saved. I will post why I believe this to be a false teaching that is not biblical shortly.

Let’s first start with a definition of what the concept of Christian Universalism is.

Christian universalism refers to the idea that every human will be saved in a religious or spiritual sense. This specific idea being called universal reconciliation. (Source: wiki)

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? IF UNIVERSALISM IS TRUE DOES THAT MEAN GOD IS LYING WHEN HE SAYS NOT EVERYONE WILL BE SAVED WHO CALL ME LORD LORD AND MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW WILL BE CHOSEN? I believe the answer to this is simple. Of course not.

What do the teachings of universalism (everyone will be saved no matter what they do) means to you? For me I do not believe in the Catholic teaching of eternal burning Hell this is not biblical but neither is the false teaching that all people will be saved regardless of sin.

For me this is a false teaching that is not biblical based on twisted scripture and a sign of the last days before JESUS returns. We are already seeing plagues and pestilence, wars and rumours of wars, famine like never before in quick succession. Today there are over 40,000 different form of Christianity most representing false teachings and false messengers (prophets) which are another sign of the end times *MATTHEW 24:24.

I believe it is time to get our houses in order and seek the Lord while he may be found.

For me Universalism is a false teaching as God’s salvation is conditional which we will look at shortly and a fulfillment of the scriptures…

2 TIMOTHY 4:3-4 [3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears. [4], And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.

1 THESSALONIANS 5:2-3 [2], For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. [3], For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

I will show why I believe the scrpitures do not teach everyone will be saved regardless of sin (Universalism) in the coming posts from the scriptures alone adding as little comments as possible and let the scriptures do the talking.

(Q1.) WHAT HAPPENS TO THE UNREPENTANT WICKED AFTER THE SECOND COMING? (linked)

(Q2.) IS GOD'S SALVATION CONDITIONAL ON BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING HIS WORD? (linked)

Friendly discussion please

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word

Last edited:

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
IS OUR SALVATION DETERMINED BEFORE THE 2ND COMING OR AFTER?

REVELATION 22:11-12 [11], He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.[12], And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Our salvation is determined before the 2nd coming...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
IS OUR SALVATION CONDITIONAL BEFORE THE 2ND COMING?

OLD TESTAMENT (Not definitive)

IF (Hebrew) *H518; אם;'im; A primitive particle; used very widely as demonstrative, lo !; interrogitive, whether ?; or conditional, if, although ; also Oh that !, when ; hence as a negative, not: - (and, can-, doubtless, if, that) (not), + but, either, + except, + more (-over if, than), neither, nevertheless, nor, oh that, or, + save (only, -ing), seeing, since, sith, + surely (no more, none, not), though, + of a truth, + unless, + verily, when, whereas, whether, while, + yet.

We must do well according to Gods' Word (believe and follow) in order to be accepted...

GENESIS 4:7 IF (conditional) you do well, shall you not be accepted? and if you do not well, sin lies at the door. And to you shall be his desire, and you shall rule over him.

Consequences for not believing and following...

GENESIS 20:7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for you, and you shall live: and IF (conditional) you restore her not, know you that you shall surely die, you, and all that are yours.

EXODUS 4:23 And I say to you, let my son go, that he may serve me: and IF (conditional) you refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay your son, even your firstborn.

Blessings for believing and following...

EXODUS 15:26 And said, IF (conditional)you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in his sight, and will give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases on you, which I have brought on the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you.

LEVITICUS 26:3-5 [3], IF (conditional) you walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; [4] THEN I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. [5], And your threshing shall reach to the vintage, and the vintage shall reach to the sowing time: and you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.

LEVITICUS 26:14-18 [14], But IF (conditional)you will not listen to me, and will not do all these commandments; [15] And IF (conditional) you shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that you will not do all my commandments, but that you break my covenant: [16], I also will do this to you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. [17], And I will set my face against you, and you shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and you shall flee when none pursues you. [18], And IF (conditional) you will not yet for all this listen to me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

There are too mant more to write so may stop here for the Old Testament scriptures and maybe post some more latter.

NEW TESTAMENT (not definitive)

IF (Greek) *G1437; אםἐάν; ean; a conditional particle; in case that, provided, etc.; often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty : - before, but, except, (and) if, (if) so, (what-, whither-) soever, though, when (-soever), whether (or), to whom, [who-] so (-ever)., See G3361.

God's forgiveness is conditional...

1 JOHN 1:9 [9], IF (conditional) we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

MATTHEW 6:14-15 [14], For IF (conditional) you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: [15], But IF (conditional) you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Being a disciple we must follow what Jesus says...

MATTHEW 16:24 Then said Jesus to his disciples, IF (conditional) any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Conditons for inheriting eternal life...

MATTHEW 19:16-19 [16], And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I DO, that I may have eternal life? [17], And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but IF (conditional) you will enter into life, keep the commandments. [18], He said to him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, [19], Honor your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

JOHN 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: IF (conditional) any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

JOHN 8:24 I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for IF (conditional) you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins.

JOHN 8:31-32 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF (conditional) you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed;[32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

JOHN 8:39 They answered and said to him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, IF (conditional) you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham.

JOHN 8:51 Truly, truly, I say to you, IF (conditional)a man keeps my saying, he shall never see death.

God only hears those who are following His Word...

JOHN 9:31 Now we know that God hears not sinners: but IF (conditional) any man be a worshipper of God, and does his will, him he hears.

JOHN 14:15 IF (conditional) you love me, keep my commandments.

JOHN 15:10 IF (conditional) you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

JOHN 15:14 You are my friends, IF (conditional) you do whatever I command you.

JOHN 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, IF (conditional) a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our stay with him.

JOHN 15:6-7 [6], IF (conditional) a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. [7], IF (conditional) you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.. There is no second chances after the 2nd coming.

Ok once again too many to list and may post some more latter..

IS OUR SALVATION CONDITIONAL BEFORE THE 2ND COMING?
ANSWER: Our salvation is "CONDITIONAL" on BELIEVING and FOLLOWING what God's Word says BEFORE THE SECOND COMING as shown in both the old and new testament scriptures.

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that sin itself is what keeps someone out of heaven. Sin is just a side-effect of a deeper issue--which is ultimately our proximity/relationship with God. If you have a predisposition to sin and don't care about whether you sin, you don't have a relationship with God and won't be saved.

For other religions, the act of attributing God's work to false deities/spirits/lesser gods is idolatry and, if unrepented, blasphemous.

All in all though, I do agree that universalism is dangerous and I do not believe it is correct doctrine.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that sin itself is what keeps someone out of heaven. Sin is just a side-effect of a deeper issue--which is ultimately our proximity/relationship with God. If you have a predisposition to sin and don't care about whether you sin, you don't have a relationship with God and won't be saved.

For other religions, the act of attributing God's work to false deities/spirits/lesser gods is idolatry and, if unrepented, blasphemous.

All in all though, I do agree that universalism is dangerous and I do not believe it is correct doctrine.

Don't the scriptures teach the wages of sin is death to those who reject the gift of God's dear son?

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't the scriptures teach the wages of sin is death to those who reject the gift of God's dear son?

The definition of sin is to 'miss the mark', which is falling short of God's perfection. Repentance means to 'change one's mind'. In other words, it's about changing how you look at sin--I'm not saying you can go out and sin all you want, rather the amount you sin will reflect your closeness/relationship with God. None of us will be sin-free until we're dead; otherwise, heaven is going to be pretty empty.

So no, the presence of sin in your life is not what condemns you to hell.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The definition of sin is to 'miss the mark', which is falling short of God's perfection. Repentance means to 'change one's mind'. In other words, it's about changing how you look at sin--I'm not saying you can go out and sin all you want, rather the amount you sin will reflect your closeness/relationship with God. None of us will be sin-free until we're dead; otherwise, heaven is going to be pretty empty.

So no, the presence of sin in your life is not what condemns you to hell.

The "Mark" that is being missed is obedience to God's law (10 commandments) or not believing God's Word. Many are called but few are chosen the scriptures teach. Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7 and not believing God's Word *ROMANS 14:23

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "Mark" that is being missed is obedience to God's law (10 commandments) or not believing God's Word. Many are called but few are chosen the scriptures teach.

I mean...yeah, that's what I meant by 'God's perfection'. Sorry if I misphrased, I see now that it can be interpreted different ways--what I mean by 'God's perfection', is his standard for us which is to be holy and perfect in the way he is. Which includes belief in God and obedience to his will.

But like I said, perfect obedience is unattainable in our corrupted flesh. If it wasn't, Jesus died for no reason and we wouldn't need him as an 'advocate' for the Father's judgment.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I mean...yeah, that's what I meant by 'God's perfection'. Sorry if I misphrased, I see now that it can be interpreted different ways--what I mean by 'God's perfection', is his standard for us which is to be holy and perfect in the way he is. Which includes belief in God and obedience to his will.

But like I said, perfect obedience is unattainable in our corrupted flesh. If it wasn't, Jesus died for no reason and we wouldn't need him as an 'advocate' for the Father's judgment.
No problem, dear friend. Yes God's LAW (10 commandments) is God's standard according to the scriptures. If we miss the mark it is sin. It gives us the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; PSALMS 119:172 and if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. This is the same as not believing God's Word or rejecting the scriptures *ROMANS 14:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WILL EVERY ONE THAT SAYS LORD LORD ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

MATTHEW 7:21-23 [21], NOT EVERY ONE THAT SAID TO ME, LORD, LORD, SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; BUT HE THAT DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.
[22], MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN THAT DAY, LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT PROPHESIED IN YOUR NAME? AND IN YOUR NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? AND IN YOUR NAME DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?
[23], And THEN WILL I PROFESS TO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, YOU THAT WORK INIQUITY.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The function of the Law (and I mean God's moral law as opposed to Mosaic Law), is to show us our sinfulness, in that God shows us His standard of righteousness, and at the same time shows us that we can't follow His law and therefore fall short of the standards He requires of us. This is why, when preaching the gospel to the unsaved, we need to start with the Ten Commandments to show them that they are sinners, coming short of God's standards, and will be found guilty at the Judgment and be sentenced to God's eternal prison without parole. This will bring conviction of sin to the unsaved person, and when they acknowledge that they are not good persons at all and actually deserve hell, then we can present the good news about Jesus dying on the cross for them.

If we present the good news before the bad news, all we will get is weak, wishy washy converts who will desert Christ at the first sign of difficulty or persecution. This is why 95% of all those who decide for Christ, fall away within the first year - because they are given the good news before being convinced of their sinfulness, which is the function of the Law being our tutor to lead us to Christ.

Once we are converted to Christ by God's grace through faith in Christ's finished work on the cross, then we need to be continually reminded of God's moral law in order for us to know that we, being sinners in ourselves, that is our flesh, have the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead.

If we think we are no longer sinners, we could tend to self-righteousness and trusting in our own performance, rather than trusting in the righteousness of Christ to make us acceptable to God, and the power of the Spirit in us to work sanctification as we grow in grace and in the knowledge of God.

Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The function of the Law (and I mean God's moral law as opposed to Mosaic Law), is to show us our sinfulness, in that God shows us His standard of righteousness, and at the same time shows us that we can't follow His law and therefore fall short of the standards He requires of us. This is why, when preaching the gospel to the unsaved, we need to start with the Ten Commandments to show them that they are sinners, coming short of God's standards, and will be found guilty at the Judgment and be sentenced to God's eternal prison without parole. This will bring conviction of sin to the unsaved person, and when they acknowledge that they are not good persons at all and actually deserve hell, then we can present the good news about Jesus dying on the cross for them.

If we present the good news before the bad news, all we will get is weak, wishy washy converts who will desert Christ at the first sign of difficulty or persecution. This is why 95% of all those who decide for Christ, fall away within the first year - because they are given the good news before being convinced of their sinfulness, which is the function of the Law being our tutor to lead us to Christ.

Once we are converted to Christ by God's grace through faith in Christ's finished work on the cross, then we need to be continually reminded of God's moral law in order for us to know that we, being sinners in ourselves, that is our flesh, have the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead.

If we think we are no longer sinners, we could tend to self-righteousness and trusting in our own performance, rather than trusting in the righteousness of Christ to make us acceptable to God, and the power of the Spirit in us to work sanctification as we grow in grace and in the knowledge of God.

Oscarr spittin' facts again. Well said.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WILL ANYONE WHO IS NOT BORN AGAIN ENTER INTO GOD'S KINGDOM?

JOHN 3:3-7 [3], JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID TO HIM, TRULY, TRULY, I SAY TO YOU, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD. [4], Nicodemus said to him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5], JESUS ANSWERED, TRULY, TRULY, I SAY TO YOU, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN OF WATER AND OF THE SPIRIT, HE CANNOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD. [6], That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7], MARVEL NOT THAT I SAID TO YOU, YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
IF WE DO NOT BELIEVE GOD'S WORD WE WILL STILL BE SAVED?

JOHN 8:24 I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for IF (conditional) YOU BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE, YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF UNIVERSALISM?

Hi all I have noticed in this forum that there is a handful of people going around and consistently promoting a dangerous false teaching called “Universalism” which is based on twisting and cherry picking the scriptures out of context to try and teach that God does not hold anyone accountable for sin and that all people will be eventually saved. I will post why I believe this to be a false teaching that is not biblical shortly.

Let’s first start with a definition of what the concept of Christian Universalism is.

Christian universalism refers to the idea that every human will be saved in a religious or spiritual sense. This specific idea being called universal reconciliation. (Source: wiki)

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? IF UNIVERSALISM IS TRUE DOES THAT MEAN GOD IS LYING WHEN HE SAYS NOT EVERYONE WILL BE SAVED WHO CALL ME LORD LORD AND MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW WILL BE CHOSEN? I believe the answer to this is simple. Of course not.

What do the teachings of universalism (everyone will be saved no matter what they do) means to you? For me I do not believe in the Catholic teaching of eternal burning Hell this is not biblical but neither is the false teaching that all people will be saved regardless of sin.

For me this is a false teaching that is not biblical based on twisted scripture and a sign of the last days before JESUS returns. We are already seeing plagues and pestilence, wars and rumours of wars, famine like never before in quick succession. Today there are over 40,000 different form of Christianity most representing false teachings and false messengers (prophets) which are another sign of the end times *MATTHEW 24:24.

I believe it is time to get our houses in order and seek the Lord while he may be found.

For me Universalism is a false teaching as God’s salvation is conditional which we will look at shortly and a fulfillment of the scriptures…

2 TIMOTHY 4:3-4 [3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears. [4], And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.

1 THESSALONIANS 5:2-3 [2], For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. [3], For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

I will show why I believe the scrpitures do not teach everyone will be saved regardless of sin (Universalism) in the coming posts from the scriptures alone adding as little comments as possible and let the scriptures do the talking.

Friendly discussion please

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word
Consider that a great deal of Mathew 24 applies to the individual and what must transpire.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roy Taylor

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
John 3:16 says you have to believe. This word "believe" is not a mental analysis. If you truly believe, you will do. The bible also says you have to be born again to enter heaven. You can't just say a prayer and go on like the rest of the world and think you are born again. There is a small path to heaven. Many who call themselves "Christians" might not find it.

Everyone please listen to Milt Green. He died in 1987 but his teachings are on youtube and you can download and listen at sermonindex.net. He was a teacher and taught seminars so there are many hours of teaching. Please listen because you might think you are saved but your eyes might be opened a little bit wider after watching. I advise downloading it so you have it in case they delete it from the internet.
How To Walk The Gospel Out #1 by Milton Green - Sermon Index This is a good place to start but there is an annoying flicker in the video. If anyone knows how to fix it, please do and upload it and give us the link.
My blog God inspired me to write years ago is all scriptures that you should ponder on.
remnantfortruth.blogspot.com read the intro and click the Click Here for the real blog. It is old and outdated but an eye opener. Hold the control button on your computer and press + until it is a size you can read.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in Universalism, but neither am I repulsed by the notion of God eventually saving everyone.

Christian Universalism (that was your focus) doesn't say that sin will not be punished, or that everybody will have the same judgment meted out to them after death as will everyone else.

It's just that the sinner will finally proceed to heaven after being justly punished for his sins while those who had not, in this Earthly life, been found as wanting as that had already been permitted to enter.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
GOD WILL STILL FORGIVE ME AND I WILL STILL GO TO HEAVEN IF I DO NOT FORGIVE OTHERS RIGHT?

MATTHEW 6:14-15 [14], For IF (conditional) you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: [15], But IF (conditional) YOU FORGIVE NOT MEN THEIR TRESPASSES NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN FORGIVE YOU.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
GOD WILL STILL FORGIVE ME AND I WILL STILL GO TO HEAVEN IF I DO NOT FORGIVE OTHERS RIGHT?
I think the presumption of Universalists is that those who will have to be punished for their sins and denied heaven until that is accomplished, will, during that process become aware of their sins, repent of them, and so finally be cleansed, remade, etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.