THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF UNIVERSALISM - BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here come some of the ladies.

Sharon Baker

https://www.nomadpodcast.co.uk/nomad-60-sharon-baker-and-razing-hell/

Madeleine L'Engle

L'Engle was Episcopalian and believed in Christian universalism, which insisted that everyone will ultimately be saved by God. She meditated on religious issues in such books as And It Was Good: Reflections on Beginnings (1983). L'Engle also worked at St. John the Divine in New York City as a librarian and writer-in-residence for more than three decades.

TOP 25 QUOTES BY MADELEINE L'ENGLE (of 427) | A-Z Quotes

quote-we-do-not-draw-people-to-christ-by-loudly-discrediting-what-they-believe-by-telling-madeleine-l-engle-65-55-58.jpg

An interview with Ilaria Ramelli

Anne Bronte

One of the three famous Bronte sisters, Anne is remembered for being the most pious. Before she died from tuberculosis at the tender age of 29, Anne admitted to a faith in universalism, as the following poem and letter testify.

A Word to The 'Elect'

You may rejoice to think yourselves secure;
You may be grateful for the gift divine -
That grace unsought, which made your black hearts pure,
And fits your earth-born souls in Heaven to shine.

But, is it sweet to look around, and view
Thousands excluded from that happiness
Which they deserved, at least, as much as you, -
Their faults not greater, nor their virtues less?

And, wherefore should you love your God the more,
Because to you alone his smiles are given;
Because he chose to pass the many o'er,
And only bring the favoured few to Heaven?

And, wherefore should your hearts more grateful prove,
Because for ALL the Saviour did not die?
Is yours the God of justice and of love?
And are your bosoms warm with charity?

Say, does your heart expand to all mankind?
And, would you ever to your neighbor do -
The weak, the strong, the enlightened, and the blind -
As you would have your neighbor do to you?

And, when you, looking on your fellow-men,
Behold them doomed to endless misery,
How can you talk of joy and rapture then? -
May God withhold such cruel joy from me!

That none deserve eternal bliss I know;
Unmerited the grace in mercy given:
But, none shall sink to everlasting woe,
That have not well deserved the wrath of Heaven.

And, oh! there lives within my heart
A hope, long nursed by me;
(And, should its cheering ray depart,
How dark my soul would be!)

That as in Adam all have died,
In Christ shall all men live;
And ever round his throne abide,
Eternal praise to give.

That even the wicked shall at last
Be fitted for the skies;
And, when their dreadful doom is past,
To life and light arise.

I ask not, how remote the day,
Nor what the sinners' woe,
Before their dross is purged away;
Enough for me, to know

That when the cup of wrath is drained,
The metal purified,
They'll cling to what they once disdained,
And live by Him that died.

--Anne Bronte (1843)

Florence Nightingdale

Theology

Nightingale was a Christian universalist.

On 7 February 1837 – not long before her 17th birthday – something happened that would change her life: "God spoke to me", she wrote, "and called me to His service."

Hannah W. Smith

The Unselfishness of God and How I Discovered It (the missing chapters)

"Nothing can separate you from His love, absolutely nothing, neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature... We do not need to beg Him to bless us, He simply cannot help it. Therefore God is enough! God is enough for time, God is enough for eternity. God is enough!" -Hannah Whitall Smith-

Clara Barton (Founder Red Cross)

Although not formally a member of the Universalist Church of America in a 1905 letter to the widow of Carl Norman Thrasher, she identified herself with her parents' church as a "Universalist".

My dear friend and sister:

Your belief that I am a Universalist is as correct as your greater belief that you are one yourself, a belief in which all who are privileged to possess it rejoice. In my case, it was a great gift, like St. Paul, I "was born free", and saved the pain of reaching it through years of struggle and doubt.

My father was a leader in the building of the church in which Hosea Ballow preached his first dedication sermon. Your historic records will show that the old Huguenot town of Oxford, Mass. erected one of, if not the first Universalist Church in America. In this town I was born; in this church I was reared. In all its reconstructions and remodelings I have taken a part, and I look anxiously for a time in the near future when the busy world will let me once more become a living part of its people, praising God for the advance in the liberal faith of the religions of the world today, so largely due to the teachings of this belief.

Give, I pray you, dear sister, my warmest congratulations to the members of your society. My best wishes for the success of your annual meeting, and accept my thanks most sincerely for having written me.

Fraternally yours, (Signed) Clara Barton.

Clara Barton - Wikipedia

Yep like a broken record. Please refrain from spamming this thread dear friend with the same things over and over dear FINE as it is against the forums rules and the TOS. Do you have anything new to share or scriptures from God's Word perhaps? I guess not.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No difference?

Universalism teaches everyone will be saved.

ECT says that no one who suffers that will ever be saved.

Huge, huge, HUGE, difference!

Sorry, sir, but i don't see how you can say there is "no difference".

Indeed dear Clement, Universalism is not biblical. I do not believe in eternal conscious torment and think it is a false teaching that originated from the Roman Catholic Church that teaches a cruel vengeful God. To me there is no difference to this teaching and what Universalism teaches which claims without scripture support that God tortures all those who do not believe him into repentance until they worship him. In my view this is only a simply variation of the same Catholic dogma that teaches a cruel unloving God but denies God's justice and judgement and makes a mockery of the Cross.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry man, I can't help but laugh at the broken theology. It cracks me up too.
God's Word is not my words but God's. You have simply provided your own words that are not God's Word but your words to deny God's Word in order to gamble your salvation in the false doctrine of second chances. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your Words are not directed towards me but to the one who the Word belongs. There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Do you know these scriptures dear Shrewd?

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yep like a broken record. Please refrain from spamming this thread dear friend with the same things over and over dear FINE as it is against the forums rules and the TOS. Do you have anything new to share or scriptures from God's Word perhaps? I guess not.

Dear Lover: This thread you have started is regarding the Restitution of all things. You have given all of us the warning & why we need the warning.

The fact is, wonderful trophies of Abba have grasped this wonderful warning. There are more yet to come. I do trust you will enjoy them all.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are more ladies waiting in the wings. We will hear from them in coming posts. In the meantime while our anticipation reaches fire status > > >

The God Of Unending Grace

“From the beginning God was and always will be a God of all grace. He purposes to be All in all of His creation; but every man in his own foreordained and previously marked out order. No doctrine is of God that does not include, ‘Having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His own benevolent design, which He previously purposed in Himself: that in the fullness of the ages He will gather together in one all in Christ, both those who are in the heavens and those who are on earth, even in Him.’

It is wrong to teach that this age of grace will soon end. In our redeemed bodies we will be righteous, and in the ages to come we will be teaching the grace of God to others.” -Sherwood Michael-

Jesus Reigns

“Christian tradition overlooks a key text that clearly quantifies the meaning of aion.

In 1 Corinthians 15:24, Paul tells us that Jesus will be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father. That’s not an eternal reign in any possible context. The clear statement that Christ ‘gives up’ the kingdom defines what the Greek noun aion must mean. Jesus is God’s mediator with mankind who reigns only until He gets the job done. That job is winning our conciliation with God.

Paul referred to Jesus as the eonian, not eternal God, and gave Jesus reign over specific time periods leading up to the conclusion of His reign. Clearly there is a progression of eons that have beginnings and endings. All eons end when Christ’s reign ends, after which what is eternal begins.” -Dusean Berkich-

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lover: There is a wonderful Scripture you have missed from Hezekiah. Do not take yourself too seriously. Nobody else does.

Dear Fine, the waters whisper to me and say, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. These are the things that defile a man. Unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we shall in no wise enter into the Kingdom that he has prepared for those that follow and love him. Truly truly I say unto you unless a man is born again he shall in no wise enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him. He that commits sin is of the devil because he has neither seen him nor known him. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. Yet you point all away from God's Word to the teachings of men and woman where there is only polluted water from broken cisterns when there is only living water in God's Word. Do you know these scriptures dear Fine? If so what do they mean to you?

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Indeed dear Clement, Universalism is not biblical. I do not believe in eternal conscious torment and think it is a false teaching that originated from the Roman Catholic Church that teaches a cruel vengeful God. To me there is no difference to this teaching and what Universalism teaches which claims without scripture support that God tortures all those who do not believe him into repentance until they worship him. In my view this is only a simply variation of the same Catholic dogma that teaches a cruel unloving God but denies God's justice and judgement and makes a mockery of the Cross.

What was that but a repetition of what you had already said? And which did not address my post:

No difference?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What was that but a repetition of what you had already said? And which did not address my post:

No difference?

Indeed because you totally ignored what you were responding to. As posted earlier, Universalism is not biblical. I do not believe in eternal conscious torment and think it is a false teaching that originated from the Roman Catholic Church that teaches a cruel vengeful God. To me there is no difference to this teaching and what Universalism teaches which claims without scripture support that God tortures all those who do not believe him into repentance until they worship him. In my view this is only a simply variation of the same Catholic dogma that teaches a cruel unloving God but denies God's justice and judgement and makes a mockery of the Cross.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let's try this one more time:

To me there is no difference to this teaching and what Universalism teaches which claims without scripture support that God tortures all those who do not believe him into repentance until they worship him.

No difference?

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
what Universalism teaches which claims without scripture support that God tortures all those who do not believe him into repentance until they worship him.

That's not what universalism means, is, is defined as, or teaches.

Here is a definition of universalism:

" a theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved"

Definition of UNIVERSALISM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not what universalism means, is, is defined as, or teaches.

Here is a definition of universalism:

" a theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved"

Definition of UNIVERSALISM

Yep go look at the OP it is already in there. I am sure your not reading what you are responding to are you. You do know Universalism teaches the wicked will be put in the lake of fire and tortured until they repent and turn to God right in the fire of second chances of no scripture dear friend.

That is why I posted earlier that Universalism is not biblical. I also wanted to make it perfectly clear that I do not believe in eternal conscious torment and think it is a false teaching that originated from the Roman Catholic Church that teaches a cruel vengeful God.

To me there is no difference to this teaching and what Universalism teaches which claims without scripture support that God tortures all those who do not believe him into repentance until they worship him in the lake of fire.

In my view this is only a simply variation of the same Catholic dogma that teaches a cruel unloving God but denies God's justice and judgement and makes a mockery of the Cross.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You do know Universalism teaches the wicked will be put in the lake of fire and tortured until they repent and turn to God right in the fire of second chances of no scripture dear friend.

Where have you quoted a single teacher of universalism that says that?

Even if you could, you would find other universalists who reject that & say they do not teach that. Which proves your statement is wrong.

My previous post gave you the proper definition of universalism & it doesn't say that.

Even if it did teach that, if you reject universalism, you are teaching something way, way worse. So what is it you teach, annihilation-ism? That Love Omnipotent is some kind of monster infinitely worse than Hitler, who after torturing many in the lake of fire, for no good reason at all, then snuffs them out for endless ages never to live again or know God's love for endless ages? That's a long time to be without the endless blessings of the Saviour of all. That's an eternal loss.

If Love Omnipotent doesn't save all, is it because He can't, or because He doesn't want to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You haven't quoted a single teacher of universalism that says that.

Even if you could, you would find other universalists who reject that & say they do not teach that. Which proves your statement is wrong.

My previous post gave you the proper definition of universalism & it doesn't say that.

Even if it did teach that, if you reject universalism, you are teaching something way, way worse. So what is it you teach, annihilation-ism? That Love Omnipotent is some kind of monster infinitely worse than Hitler, who after torturing many in the lake of fire, for no good reason at all, then snuffs them out in his endless gas chamber, never to live again or know God's love for endless ages? That's a long time to be without the endless blessings of the Saviour of all.

If Love Omnipotent doesn't save all, is it because He can't, or because He doesn't want to?

I see so it seems those who teach Universalism do not know what they believe in how all men will be saved? How are all men saved in your view? Others I speak to say JESUS will put them in the lake of fire until the wicked repent. What is your spin on it?

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I see so it seems those who teach Universalism do not know what they believe in how all men will be saved? How are all men saved in your view? Others I speak to say JESUS will put them in the lake of fire until the wicked repent. What is your spin on it?

Dear Lover: It is unfortunate you were not around in time to "beware" the ladies presented (so far), standing as remarkable women.

I have a really neat idea.

Perhaps we can take a vote of which of them exemplifies the One who saves all mankind?

Will it be >>>

1. Clara Barton

2. Eliz. B. Browning

3. Hannah W. Smith

4. Florence Nightingale

5. Sharon Baker

6. Madeleine L'Engle

7. Ilaria Ramelli

8. Anne Bronte

Last edited:
Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can’t judge her as a person but I started watching A Wrinkle In Time on a flight (when I quite literally did not have anything else to do but sit in a seat and watch/read/listen) and I had to turn it off.

this isn’t good:

Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which are immortal beings who can travel across large stretches of time and space by dematerializing and rematerializing. They are capable of shapeshifting, but spend most of their time on Earth as elderly women.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I see so it seems those who teach Universalism do not know what they believe in how all men will be saved?

Like annihilationists have different views & those who believe in ECT have different views, so also do universalists. No surprises there.

How are all men saved in your view? Others I speak to say JESUS will put them in the lake of fire until the wicked repent. What is your spin on it?

Never mind my view, except to say they will be saved by Jesus Christ & Him crucified, which is generally what Christian universalists (CU) say.

Some CU say those humans in the lake of fire are, in general, dead, their view of death requiring that the dead are not conscious, so they cannot be being "tortured" as you claimed. Well, that's just one view. There are others. For a second example, some would object to your word "torture". Most versions say "torment". Some would render that "tested" or "tried". A third example would be preterists who view the LOF as a past accomplished event, so no one "will" ever be (future tense) tortured there. That's three universalist views that differ from what you said universalists teach & there are probably others as well.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which are immortal beings who can travel across large stretches of time and space by dematerializing and rematerializing. They are capable of shapeshifting, but spend most of their time on Earth as elderly women.

This is a sad commentary on you Lily!

These ladies (like all of us) are mortals, but breaking fresh ground in extraordinary dimensions. This would likely be an excellent time to review what repentance means in Abba.

When the Lord Jesus Christ gave up His Life on the cross, He did not say you must believe to be saved. He said "it is finished."

His mission is accomplished!

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The heathen gods need to be appeased. Their good will is not their natural attitude but something that must be earned first.

This use of the word is foreign to the Greek Bible whether in the Septuagint or in the NT. It is never used of any act whereby man brings God into a favorable attitude or gracious disposition.

Our gracious and loving Father loves us, He always has, He always will. He is the God of hilaskomai.

Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a sad commentary on you Lily!

These ladies (like all of us) are mortals, but breaking fresh ground in extraordinary dimensions. This would likely be an excellent time to review what repentance means in Abba.

When the Lord Jesus Christ gave up His Life on the cross, He did not say you must believe to be saved. He said "it is finished."

His mission is accomplished!
You tease me now but please tell me in truth what spirit would hope that the lake of fire reserved for the devil and his angels will let them come home?

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lover: It is unfortunate you were not around in time to "beware" the ladies presented (so far), standing as remarkable women.

I have a really neat idea.

Perhaps we can take a vote of which of them exemplifies the One who saves all mankind?

Will it be >>>

1. Clara Barton

2. Eliz. B. Browning

3. Hannah W. Smith

4. Florence Nightingale

5. Sharon Baker

6. Madeleine L'Engle

7. Ilaria Ramelli

8. Anne Bronte

My list would be a little different to yours dear FINE as we are drinking from different waters. Mine would be more like this....

1. JESUS
2. MATTHEW
3. MARK
4. LUKE
5. JOHN
6. PAUL
7. PETER
8. JAMES
9. MOSES
10. DAVID
11. SOLOMAN
12. DANIEL
13. JEREMIAH
14. EXEKIEL
15. ISAIAH
16. JOEL
17. AMOS
18. JOSHUA
19. SAMUEL
20. RUTH
21. HOSEA

There is quite a lot more but run out of time for now. Come and drink from the living waters dear FINE there is a lot of love over here dear friend.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.