Klamath Falls, OR United States
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by LiveFreeOrDie
How do we tell which is which?

A science contibutes something to mankind. As far as i know, darwinists haven't contributed anything to society.

What about the other cases?

The other cases get a different job. Sad, isn't it?

The "fact" is that this has been acknowledged long ago.

Yes, i know. I'm glad you agree that the Neanderthal is a regular human being, not a "missing link" (i use the term loosely, since in reality, the entire chain is missing).

Hmm. Doplhins live in the ocean. Rabbits live on land. I know primates live on land. Are you saying all dinosaurs lived in the ocean?

:) I know you get my point.

The problem is bigger than simple colocation anyway. Primates don't even appear in the same rock strata as dinosaurs. That means if you took all the rocks dating from the time of the dinosaurs, you wouldn't find one single primate fossil. Why is that?

Think about it carefully. You believe that the earth's surface is slowly getting thicker as dust settles over time. In a couple billion years, the crust has grown a certain thickness, right? It is still piling up. OK, from where did all this sediment come? It doesn't make any sense to me. I can understand layers forming in a sudden catastrophe, like a volcanic eruption, or a flood.

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by alexgb00

A science contibutes something to mankind. As far as i know, darwinists haven't contributed anything to society.

Cures for genetic diseases, Gene therapy, a myriad of new drugs, les rejection in transplants, less problems with insulin for diabetics, etc... etc...

Nope can't think of one good thing, a few thousand good things, but just one is hard...

Think about it carefully. You believe that the earth's surface is slowly getting thicker as dust settles over time. In a couple billion years, the crust has grown a certain thickness, right? It is still piling up. OK, from where did all this sediment come? It doesn't make any sense to me. I can understand layers forming in a sudden catastrophe, like a volcanic eruption, or a flood.

Did you skip all of your high school science classes?

Let's introduce you to one concept... The Rock Cycle...

http://www.science.ubc.ca/~geol202/rock_cycle/rockcycle.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/rocks/rockcycle.shtml

http://www.rocksandminerals.com/rockcycle.htm

But becareful, you might learn something if you click these links...

And you know the danger of learning the truth... It might just set you free you know...

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by blader
They took Saratoga from the British crown,
Secured America's freedom at the Battle of Yorktown.

You're saying atheists won the revolutionary war!?! :rolleyes: God help you. George Washington himself was a devout Christian [1]. Oh, i'm sure there were a couple atheists among the Americans, but they are nothing in comparison to the number of Christians. Please don't uproot real history to plant your own dogma.

From Sumter to Appomattox, fields flowed with their blood.
When the cannons grew silent, the flag proudly stood.

What flag? Not the star spangled banner, i guess. Here's the final part of the National Anthem of this nation (written in 1812):

"O thus be it ever when free-men shall stand
Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: “In God is our trust!”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave"
[2]

Many young people i'm sure have never even heard this, that the National Anthem mentions God. I don't know how Atheists fit into this picture. Don't take credit away from Christian's prayers and efforts in the civil war.

From the Marne to the Argonne, in trenches and tanks,
They defeated the Germans -- the whole world gave thanks.

"Atheists" didn't defeat the Germans in either WWI or WWII. Try doing some research. Dwight Eisenhower was the supreme commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force in Europe. He wrote the following in June of 1944, just before D-Day:

"...let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking." [3]

They were bombed at Pearl Harbor, fought on to Berlin. Many freethinking women served along with the men.

Who was bombed at Pearl? People. More specifically, Americans. I bet there were atheists among them, but why do you think their deaths are more valuable and precious than those of American Christians?

My grandfather served in the Soviet army when the Russians tore into Berlin and unfurled the Soviet flag over the Reichstag. He was an atheist, but not on the battlefield. All the time in combat he carried the words of Psalm 91 in his pocket. Even though he wasn't a Christian, fear does something to a person. He wasn't killed in the war, but came home after being wounded by a mine. When he was buried 18 years later, he still had shrapnel in his legs.

Still war keeps erupting -- Iraq, Bosnia, and Kosovo.
Where is the peace that eludes people so?

The atheists don't have it, that's for sure. Christ is the source of true peace for the soul.

It is broken by tyrants who bear crosses and creeds,
That overshadow reason with hate and cruel deeds.

Stalin killed tens of millions of his own citizens (some historic estimates go into seven-figure numbers). He was an atheist. Why doesn't this author mention that? The crusaders (cross bearers) of the middle ages killed many, but these deaths pale in comparison by number to Stalin. The Bible says that the voice of spilled blood cries out to God from the ground [4]. What an eerie sensation it would be to hear the blood of countless millions cry out.

So atheists prevail until your work is complete.
Mothers mourn, children cry, and bigots plan your defeat.

What is this "work," exactly? The alternative to being an atheist is being a bigot? I know one thing -- Christians see atheists as people in need of God's help, and look at them with compassion. Atheists see Christians as their sworn enemy. Who's the bigot?

By air, land, and sea, you answer freedom's call.
Without god or faith, you seek liberty for all.

I doubt a single person made this his final words on September 11th. What an arrogant, thoughtless poem this is. And not just a little bit misleading and offensive.

================================

[1] -- http://www.christiananswers.net/q-wall/wal-g011.html

[2] -- http://www.graphicbuds.com/memorial/

[3] -- Excerpt from leaflet given to American soldiers in Europe. http://carlisle-www.army.mil/cgi-bin/usamhi/DL/showdoc.pl?docnum=203

[4] -- Genesis 4:10

Upvote 0
The poem was an ode to ATHEISTS in foxholes. It wasn't an ode to Americans, it wasn't an ode to George Washington, and it wasn't an ode to every soldier. It was an ode to ATHEISTS in FOXHOLES.

If there was one atheist in who served in WWII, in the Civil War, in the Revolutionary War, in Vietnam, Korea, or WWI, then that is who the poem was written for. When does it say that everyone who served in the wars was an atheist? When does it say that atheists lives are more valuable than Christian lives? When does it try to take away from the sacrifices of Christian soldiers? How does recognizing the fact that there ARE atheists who served and died for our country do any of the above?

There ARE atheists in foxholes. That's my one and only point here. The link I provided you to an ACTUAL atheist in a foxhole proved it so. That in and of itself should be enough to prove your signature FALSE.

The only point of the poem is to allow the atheists who have so faithfully and proudly served and DIED for our country some small semblance of recognition, so that scoffers such as you can stop insulting the memories of men who had the principle to stand by their beliefs by claiming that "there are no atheists in fox holes." Yet you seek to continue to stomp on their graves and even deny them this one small ode. That is dispicable.

By the way, George Washington was a deist, not a Christian. Point me to one single piece of writing where he professes a belief in salvation through Jesus or his belief in Christianity. There are none. Obviously, he is in hell right now.

And apparently, you need a lesson in remedial LOGIC as well. Because a line says "bigots plan your defeat", that automatically implies that all bigots are religious? Because I say the KKK hate black people, all white people are in the KKK?

Upvote 0

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
And your signature is arrogant and offensive to all the atheists who fought and died and who still fight and still die.

It is also "misleading" (ie: untrue).

And that is in many ways the point of the atheists in foxholes poem - to point out that there were and are atheists in foxholes, on ships, in airplanes et cetera.

As to 9/11, what a stupid statement. How do you know what people said? Certainly many would have prayed (some of them would have been praying to Allah as there were Muslims killed in the WTC) but that is hardly suprising in a country where the majority are theists of some stripe or other.

I bet that many who died were not praying - they were looking for a way to survive or to help others survive.

Of course, any of the non-christian (there were Jews amongst them and at least one hindu)firemen who rushed into the building (and there will have been some) will have been sent straight to hell by your God because they died trying to help others...

/end rant. 

Upvote 0
Originally posted by chickenman
npeterly I love your description of a darwinist.

Thank you!

I have a question. Do you ever read scientific journals (nature? science?)

Yes.

because I'm fairly certain most if not all the people who submit articles to them are "darwinists". Can you actually point to any flaws in their scientific methodology or conclusions?

Probably some. Why? Are you under the impression they're all perfect?

Upvote 0
ROFL! To those who say I've never pointed out the inconsistencies in evolutionary theory, contradictory evidence, and examples of fairy-tale pseudo-science, I can only assume you guys are either liars or have alzheimers, since I've done all of the above numerous times. You've explained it away (that's part of my definition of darwinist, you know), tried to refute it by discrediting authors that didn't even have anything to do with my posts, and simply waved it away with "you're simply too uneducated to know" statements. But to accuse me of silence on the issues is downright hilarious.

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The poem was an ode to ATHEISTS in foxholes. It wasn't an ode to Americans, it wasn't an ode to George Washington, and it wasn't an ode to every soldier. It was an ode to ATHEISTS in FOXHOLES.

Look, i would have said nothing if you hadn't attacked my signature. You gave your opinion, so fairness demands that i give mine.

If there was one atheist in who served in WWII, in the Civil War, in the Revolutionary War, in Vietnam, Korea, or WWI, then that is who the poem was written for. When does it say that everyone who served in the wars was an atheist? When does it say that atheists lives are more valuable than Christian lives? When does it try to take away from the sacrifices of Christian soldiers? How does recognizing the fact that there ARE atheists who served and died for our country do any of the above?

OK. There was one American who fought on the Talibs' side. He also deserves a special tribute -- a national monument in the name of John Walker Lindh. Right? No!

There ARE atheists in foxholes. That's my one and only point here. The link I provided you to an ACTUAL atheist in a foxhole proved it so. That in and of itself should be enough to prove your signature FALSE.

Historians and psychologists will both tell you that a veteran's testimony will often stray from what actually happened. I read his account. This man might be unintentionally saying something that didn't happen. Or perhaps it's the opposite -- he might be not telling something. Just thinking about God and what happens after death wouldn't make him an atheist.

Anyhow, one testimony from one man is not enough to build a national monument for this category of people.

The only point of the poem is to allow the atheists who have so faithfully and proudly served and DIED for our country some small semblance of recognition, so that scoffers such as you can stop insulting the memories of men who had the principle to stand by their beliefs by claiming that "there are no atheists in fox holes." Yet you seek to continue to stomp on their graves and even deny them this one small ode. That is dispicable.

I told you my grandfather's story. An atheist all his life. Yet he read the 91st psalm for fear of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he even prayed to God in especially difficult times.

Why do the atheists deserve a special category, for people to pay them special respect? Especially since they were the minority in American wars. Nobody asks for Aryans to be specially honored in the German effort in WWII.

By the way, George Washington was a deist, not a Christian. Point me to one single piece of writing where he professes a belief in salvation through Jesus or his belief in Christianity. There are none.

Don't be so sure. I'm betting you didn't click on the link i gave you. Seek, and you shall find.

Obviously, he is in hell right now.

Along with Lenin, Hitler, Mao Zedong, and many of your beloved atheists. ;)

And apparently, you need a lesson in remedial LOGIC as well. Because a line says "bigots plan your defeat", that automatically implies that all bigots are religious? Because I say the KKK hate black people, all white people are in the KKK?

Wise guy, look at the verse: "atheists prevail... and bigots plan your defeat." Logic dictates that if you're not an atheist, you're a bigot. Your KKK analogy doesn't fit. If you'd said, "Ku Klux Klan prevail, and non-KKK get lynched," that would be more like what the poem says.

Upvote 0

choccy

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
✟361.00
Faith
Atheist
ROFL! To those who say I've never pointed out the inconsistencies in evolutionary theory, contradictory evidence, and examples of fairy-tale pseudo-science..........

Would those inconsistencies and contradictory evidence include cytochrome c and haemoglobin comparisons of varying species?

Choccy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OK. There was one American who fought on the Talibs' side. He also deserves a special tribute -- a national monument in the name of John Walker Lindh. Right? No!

Will you PLEASE stop with your strawmen building? When did I ask for a national monument for atheists? All I ask was that you acknowledge that there ARE atheists who served for your country. That is all.

And ironically, your comparison of atheists with the Taliban is sadly self defeating. Taliban are every bit as religious as you are.

Historians and psychologists will both tell you that a veteran's testimony will often stray from what actually happened. I read his account. This man might be unintentionally saying something that didn't happen. Or perhaps it's the opposite -- he might be not telling something. Just thinking about God and what happens after death wouldn't make him an atheist.

Yes, of course. Since you obviously know the guy from reading his writing better than he does himself, obviously I should trust your vague dismissals over his own account.

Anyhow, one testimony from one man is not enough to build a national monument for this category of people.

Haven't you run out of hay yet?

I told you my grandfather's story. An atheist all his life. Yet he read the 91st psalm for fear of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he even prayed to God in especially difficult times.

Well, some people need the crutch. Others don't.
Why do the atheists deserve a special category, for people to pay them special respect? Especially since they were the minority in American wars. Nobody asks for Aryans to be specially honored in the German effort in WWII.

I don't ask them to be honored. I don't ask you to go to donate money for some monument. I don't ask you to go place flowers on their graves. I don't even ask you to honor them. All I ask is that you acknowledge the fact that atheists in foxholes exist. I know aryans in foxholes do.

Don't be so sure. I'm betting you didn't click on the link i gave you. Seek, and you shall find.

You're quite correct. I skimmed through it a bit quickly.

Along with Lenin, Hitler, Mao Zedong, and many of your beloved atheists. ;)

Ain't that something? Hitler was ten times the Christian Washington was. I'll miss his company in hell. I hope you enjoy it.

"Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." As a boy, Hitler attended to the Catholic church and experienced the anti-Semitic attitude of his culture. In his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler reveals himself as a fanatical believer in God and country. This text presents selected quotes from the infamous anti-Semite himself. "

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Wise guy, look at the verse: "atheists prevail... and bigots plan your defeat." Logic dictates that if you're not an atheist, you're a bigot. Your KKK analogy doesn't fit. If you'd said, "Ku Klux Klan prevail, and non-KKK get lynched," that would be more like what the poem says.

Let me see. You say:

"atheists prevail... and bigots plan your defeat" means that if you're not an atheist, you're a bigot.

So by this EXACT same LOGIC AND WORDING:

"blacks prevail... and KKK plan your defeat" means that if you're not black, you're KKK.

Who's analogy doesn't fit again??

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by David Gould
And your signature is arrogant and offensive to all the atheists who fought and died and who still fight and still die.

What can i say? I've never claimed to be politically correct. But let's ask a moderator how offensive my signature is.

I can't agree with you, that atheists should have special status of some kind.

It is also "misleading" (ie: untrue).

David, lay off of my signature. This poem implies that Christians aren't as valuable as atheists.

And that is in many ways the point of the atheists in foxholes poem - to point out that there were and are atheists in foxholes, on ships, in airplanes et cetera.

Same with Christians. But when was the last time a monument was raised to honor the Christians who gave their lives for us?

As to 9/11, what a stupid statement. How do you know what people said? Certainly many would have prayed (some of them would have been praying to Allah as there were Muslims killed in the WTC) but that is hardly suprising in a country where the majority are theists of some stripe or other.

Read carefully, David. I said i knew almost certainly what they didn't say.

Majority of the population are atheists? :rolleyes: I guess you surveyed them. Try giving us a reference -- that's the best way to support statistics.

I bet that many who died were not praying - they were looking for a way to survive or to help others survive.

Perhaps, when salvation seems possible. But when all hope is lost and death is looking into your eyes, like the people who were trapped on the top floors of the north tower, then things are different.

Of course, any of the non-christian (there were Jews amongst them and at least one hindu)firemen who rushed into the building (and there will have been some) will have been sent straight to hell by your God because they died trying to help others...

There is a possibility that these brave men became Christians before they took their last breath.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." -- John 15:13.

The amazing thing is that these firemen lay down their lives for complete strangers. Do you think you would have done that, David? Risking your life for atheists and Christians alike?

God bless you! And good night...

Alex

Upvote 0
Originally posted by choccy
Would those inconsistencies and contradictory evidence include cytochrome c and haemoglobin comparisons of varying species?

No no. It's like Patterson and Gould said.

Oh oh, and we have a third set of teeth if we get "old enough."

And and, evolution is like imagination and stuff. Yeh that's it. Evolution is like imagination and stuff.

Please! Nick, like every creationist before, him has provided nothing that hasn't withstood even cursory review. But I guess that is because there is a conspiracy, because--Lord knows--man has never been wrong about scripture.

Upvote 0
Read carefully, David. I said i knew almost certainly what they didn't say.

Majority of the population are atheists? I guess you surveyed them. Try giving us a reference -- that's the best way to support statistics.

Funny. Right after you tell DAVID to read carefully, you totally misread his own statement.

There is a possibility that these brave men became Christians before they took their last breath.

And that's about as probable as Christian firemen became Hindu, Muslim... or even... atheist when faced with death. Don't see your point.

The amazing thing is that these firemen lay down their lives for complete strangers. Do you think you would have done that, David? Risking your life for atheists and Christians alike?

Would you? I would, but talk is cheap. I could I would, you could say you would, but none of it matters until we really do have to lay our lives on the line. Pointless.

"Although the government does not conduct surveys of religious belief (or nonbelief), it is estimated that about 12 percent of the U.S. population (more than 30 million people) is nonreligious -- atheist, agnostic or secular humanist. If this proportion is carried over to the military, it is probable that at least one in 10 soldiers is without religious belief.

Thus the old saying "There are no atheists in foxholes" is entirely without merit or legitimacy. It is an insult to spread such mendacity, yet many make such malicious pronouncements without consideration or apology.

I have a friend who is a Vietnam combat veteran and one of the first American soldiers to have "atheist" stamped on his dog tags. My brother fought in some of the pitched battles of the Gulf War; he is also a nonbeliever.

Brave men and women fought and died to stop the spread of tyranny in the 20th century. All soldiers are worth remembering, including those who chose to reject religion. (Get it?)

Religious belief is not a requirement for bravery, courage, decency, honor or patriotism. Many atheists have served and will continue to serve in the U.S. military. So instead of repeating ridiculous old sayings, let's remember all of the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for our freedom."
http://starbulletin.com/2002/05/25/features/onfaith.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Will you PLEASE stop with your strawmen building? When did I ask for a national monument for atheists? All I ask was that you acknowledge that there ARE atheists who served for your country. That is all.

There are atheists who served in the army. My point is, once more, that when a person comes close with death, he can't help but think about his Creator.

And ironically, your comparison of atheists with the Taliban is sadly self defeating. Taliban are every bit as religious as you are.

It's all the same to you, i guess. But i know that Muslims and Christians are opposed on most subjects.

Yes, of course. Since you obviously know the guy from reading his writing better than he does himself, obviously I should trust your vague dismissals over his own account.

I hold a book in my hand titled "June 6, 1944: The Voices of D-Day." The author, Gerald Astor writes in the preface...

"I make no claim that I present a definitive study of strategy, tactics, and the 'big picture,' and I am aware that my sampling of people may be [color=ffff00]distorted by the effects of time on memories[/color] and [color=ffff00]limited by the vantage points of the individuals[/color]. Possibly, with fifty years gone by, [color=ffff00]a few may inflate their own roles or accomplishments[/color]. On the other hand, [color=ffff00]attainment of the age of retirement also removes the curse of ambition[/color] that so often colors a remembrance of past events."

See, a soldier who fought, like this man, almost four decades ago may distort his testimony a little. I'm not saying i know what happened, but it's hard to believe that he didn't ponder about the hereafter during his close encounter with the VC.

I don't ask them to be honored. I don't ask you to go to donate money for some monument. I don't ask you to go place flowers on their graves. I don't even ask you to honor them. All I ask is that you acknowledge the fact that atheists in foxholes exist. I know aryans in foxholes do.

Why is this an important issue? "There are no atheists in foxholes" implies that everybody who is faced with death will think about God and what happens after the bullet penetrates the cranium.

Ain't that something? Hitler was ten times the Christian Washington was. I'll miss his company in hell. I hope you enjoy it.

"Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." As a boy, Hitler attended to the Catholic church and experienced the anti-Semitic attitude of his culture. In his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler reveals himself as a fanatical believer in God and country. This text presents selected quotes from the infamous anti-Semite himself. "

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Hitler must've gone atheist, because he wrote in his book, Mein Kampf ("my struggle") the following:

"The individual may establish with pain today that with the appearance of Christianity the first spiritual terror entered into the far freer ancient world, but he will not be able to contest the fact that since then the world has been afflicted and dominated by this coercion, and that coercion is broken only by coercion, and terror only by terror. Only then can a new state of affairs be constructively created." -- Adolf Hitler, 1925.

I can't imagine a Christian of any kind doing what Hitler did. And please don't say you're going to hell. You still have time to come to Christ, like i did.

Let me see. You say:

"atheists prevail... and bigots plan your defeat" means that if you're not an atheist, you're a bigot.

So by this EXACT same LOGIC AND WORDING:

"blacks prevail... and KKK plan your defeat" means that if you're not black, you're KKK.

Who's analogy doesn't fit again??

Bladder, "KKK" and "blacks" aren't antonyms. The KKK didn't like Jews a lot either. A person is born black, but one can never be born a KKKer. If you said "blacks prevail... and KKK plan your defeat," it would mean that blacks and KKK are complete opposites, get it? OK, if you don't, it's not a big issue anyway.

Upvote 0

Bladder, "KKK" and "blacks" aren't antonyms.
KKK and blacks aren't antonyms. So far, so good. What does that have to do with anything?? Atheists and bigots aren't antonyms either.

If you said "blacks prevail... and KKK plan your defeat," it would mean that blacks and KKK are complete opposites, get it?

Uhm, no. That does not follow at all.

Are you saying it doesn't make sense to say "blacks prevail... and KKK plan your defeat?" Are you really this dense or are you just trying to waste my time? Let me break it down for you:

Black people prevail, while the Ku Klux Klan try to defeat them. What's so hard to understand about this? Not all nonblacks are KKK members, and not all nonatheists are bigots. You're working with what is known in logical fallacies as a "false dichotomy." Please do consider retaking that logic course I mentioned.

They're two seperate groups, but they are not necessarily the ONLY groups in the set. Get it? This isn't exactly rocket science.

OK, if you don't, it's not a big issue anyway.

Please don't patronize me when I think you know who's the one with the bad logic here.

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by LewisWildermuth
Let us get back to science here...

Alex, did you check out the links on the Rock Cycle?

Yes sir, i did. Sorry i didn't reply right away.

I have seen this before, but i still don't understand how the thickness of the crust can always increase. Unless the crust sinks under our feet into the magma underneath, slowly moving down, i don't get how the sediment can increase continuously forever. I hope you know what i mean, because it's difficult to explain.

God bless you!

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
[BIG SIGH] Bladder, you're confusing us both. I hate to argue little unimportant issues like this one. But you said,

"...not all nonatheists are bigots..."

Please tell me you don't mean that there are no bigot atheists. It doesn't sound right.

Upvote 0
[BIG SIGH] Bladder, you're confusing us both. I hate to argue little unimportant issues like this one.

Me neither, but believe me, I am not at all confused. Consider it dropped.

Please tell me you don't mean that there are no bigot atheists. It doesn't sound right.

I mean exactly what I said. "Not all nonatheists are bigots." Notice the distinct difference between the above and "there are no bigot atheist." Please don't put words in my mouth.

Upvote 0