Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see how the above refers to the post you are responding to.
You quoted those who don't obey Jesus Commandments are liars, and the truth is not in them. Does that include you, or are you exempt?
Yeah, we already confirmed Jason sins and if he sins he is of the devi. His words, not mine.

We have also confirmed Jason teaches another gospel.

My prayers are with him, in all seriousness.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 5:14 does not say love God. It only says love your neighbor. This "loving your neighbor" was the fulfilling of the Old Law. Paul uses this as an example to show that the OT law is fulfilled by us loving others. But does not the OT also tell us to love God, too? It sure does. So Paul here is not saying that just loving your neighbor is all you need to do. That is not the point he is making. He is trying to get those who are into circumcision salvationism to follow the new ways of the New Covenant.

Also, just telling a person to love God and love their neighbor does not automatically mean they are loving God and loving their neighbor according to God's Word. The rest of the detailed commands fills us in as how to properly love God and our neighbor.

You are confused Jason, I didn't quote gal.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, we already confirmed Jason sins and if he sins he is of the devi. His words, not mine.

In Christ
Daniel
I guess if Jason is simply blind to the truth we should pray for him.
But if he is wilfully demanding of others what he does not demand if himself, I honestly don't know if praying for him would do any good

Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess if Jason is simply blind to the truth we should pray for him.
But if he is wilfully demanding of others what he does not demand if himself, I honestly don't know if praying for him would do any good
We rebuke the doctrine but pray for the soul.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many want a righteousness of their own.

Not having a righteousness if my own that comes from the law but that which is by faith in Christ. The righteousness that comes from God and is by faith
Phil3:9
Right, as the Lord told Paul...my grace is sufficient

Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stuart, you said something the other day. How sin seers the conscience of a Christian. It is so very true. The Lord said blessed are those that mourn. Everyone mourns, yet a Christian mourns due to sin.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stuart, you said something the other day. How sin seers the conscience of a Christian. It is so very true. The Lord said blessed are those that mourn. Everyone mourns, yet a Christian mourns due to sin.

In Christ
Daniel
Absolutely.
I think many don't ponder on the enormity of what it means to have the law in their hearts. The law reveals the sin. And we mourn the sin for when wilfull sin us committed we are going against what is in our hearts, our consciences are then seered

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely.
I think many don't ponder on the enormity of what it means to have the law in their hearts. The law reveals the sin. And we mourn the sin for when wilfull sin us committed we are going against what is in our hearts, our consciences are then seered
Praise God, we have an advocate in heaven...Christ our Lord.

I have learned a great deal from you brother...thank you

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praise God, we have an advocate in heaven...Christ our Lord.

I have learned a great deal from you brother...thank you

In Christ
Daniel
I have learnt from your posts also, so thank you.
This is the way it should be isn't it?
Sharing what we each have to share and being a blessing to each other

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have learnt from your posts also, so thank you.
This is the way it should be isn't it?
Sharing what we each have to share and being a blessing to each other
Absolutely, steel sharpens steel. We learn from one another, we strengthen each other.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Because the bible is very clear, there is only one that is good. God and God alone is good. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags.

In Christ
Daniel

Our own righteousness without the Holy Spirit, is as filthy rags, so yes. But if you think with the Holy Spirit, then you don't know the power of the Spirit.

1 John 3:7 " Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our own righteousness without the Holy Spirit, is as filthy rags, so yes. But if you think with the Holy Spirit, then you don't know the power of the Spirit.

1 John 3:7 " Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."
Can your flesh please God?

It is God that washes us white as snow. It is Christ's righteousness that is imputed onto us that makes us righteous. We believe in Christ. Abraham believed and it was counted as righteousness. Abraham looked forward to his redeemer, we look back towards are redeemer. Christ is that redeemer.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me give you an example. Some went before Christ, saying we did wonderful works in your name, we preformed miracles and cast out demons in your name...

Jesus said to them, I never knew you you worker's of lawlessness.

All of the works they did were good works. Yet, they offered the Lord their works, if you stand in your works you are under the law. Every man is guilty under the law, if you don't keep the whole law you are under the curse of the law. Breaking one commandment is breaking the whole law.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Christ
Daniel
And you ..?do you do God's will?
Do you Do the great commission?
I know on here (cf) we talk a lot about it and corner those that we thing don't quiet talk about right into a false delusion that we have proved something..
But how deceived can we be.
For if we ourselves do not Go and Do what the Lord has told us..then we are hearts and not doers..
And Jesus ..Not I,said such are self deceived.

Upvote 0