The Double Message of Eternal Security.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, the law of righteousness is the Old Law and not New Covenant Law and or all law.
This is evident in the fact that Paul speaks against circumcision
(See Romans 3:1 and Galatians 5:2).

Proof of what I previously wrote in the above post. A good example of it in fact

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, you are not God to know my life or the lives of all believers who believe in a similar way as I do.

I know you do not even try to obey all of the 1050 commands you Insist concerns a law of righteousness for the believer. And I know you do not try and obey each and every literal command of Christ.
You don't practice what you preach Jason.
You just reel the letter of selective scriptures off from your head, that have no bearing on the reality of your own life.
If it's any comfort to you, you are not alone in that

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People will see what they want to see.
The key question we should ask ourselves is our belief a means of a justification of doing some kind of wrong or is something that leads us into doing the right thing.

Personally, I do not see how Eternal Security or Easy Believism supports basic morality.
On the contrary, if a preacher says that a person is saved by having a mere belief on Jesus and it is not in anything they do, then his audience or listeners are going to do the wrong thing at some point and think they can sin and still be saved. Regardless of whether one thinks this can happen, the reality or truth of the matter is that it has happened already. Some have committed suicide thinking they were saved because of a belief in OSAS.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know you do not even try to obey all of the 1050 commands you Insist concerns a law of righteousness for the believer. And I know you do not try and obey each and every literal command of Christ.
You don't practice what you preach Jason.
You just reel the letter of selective scriptures off from your head, that have no bearing on the reality of your own life.
If it's any comfort to you, you are not alone in that

Again, not all sin leads to spiritual death (See 1 John 5:16-17).
How is your walk in holiness with the Lord going?
Do you see your life being changed for the better because of your belief?
Or do you still struggle with sin?
Do you think you are saved regardless if you commit serious sin?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal Security is all about how you do not need to worry about obeying.
Just sit back and relax and enjoy God's grace.
Forget about holiness.
Forget about doing the right thing.
Nobody is perfect, right?
Everyone sins so we should just let ourselves go and sin whenever we like and or tell ourselves it is okay when we sin, right?

I do not see how Eternal Security ever gave me the impression of doing the right thing.
It fights against the very idea of doing that.

God's 1,050 + commands in the New Testament?
Surely that all must be useless filler information that should be ripped out our Bibles right?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus also said:
The teachers of the law and Pharisees sit in Moses seat, so you must be careful to do everything they tell you
But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach
They tie up heavy loads and place them on men's shoulders. But they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them
Matt23:2-4

Jesus was NOT( not) referring to man made rules/ commands. For the Pharisees faultlessly obeyed them. Concerning those commands they did practice what they preached.
Jesus is referring to what the Pharisees did NOT practice but they did preach

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Matthew 7:23, Jesus essentially says to those believers who did wonderful works to depart from him because they ALSO worked iniquity or sin (lawlessness).

You are not ashamed to state your belief are you Jason.
You have many times stated the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands. Correct?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eternal Security is all about how you do not need to worry about obeying.
Just sit back and relax and enjoy God's grace.
Forget about holiness.
Forget about doing the right thing.
Nobody is perfect, right?
Everyone sins so we should just let ourselves go and sin whenever we like and or tell ourselves it is okay when we sin, right?

I do not see how Eternal Security ever gave me the impression of doing the right thing.
It fights against the very idea of doing that.

God's 1,050 + commands in the New Testament?
Surely that all must be useless filler information that should be ripped out our Bibles right?

Jason, have you realised your previous belief was wrong?
Or are you afraid to confirm your oft stated belief?
You believe the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands don't you?
You can't preach and then be afraid to confirm what your beliefs are

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jason has many times stated the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands.
Yet now he seems unwilling to admit that is his belief.
Possibly he is not that confident of his belief, and that is why he is not responding

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jason has many times stated the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands.
Yet now he seems unwilling to admit that is his belief.
Possibly he is not that confident of his belief, and that is why he is not responding
It will be good for him, in the end...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He'll be back, we should pray for him (seriously, not sarcastically)...

God Bless!
Yes he will be back.
I can't disagree with you that we should pray for him.
But I admit to having an aversion to people preaching what they themselves do not practice. This crushes the sincere who would believe them. People give up crushed, and walk away from the faith.
If you really think about it. What would be the result of anyone striving to obey each and every literal command of Christ under a law of righteousness? They would be crushed and walk away from the faith if they are sincere.
That is the result of people who believe the message of people who do not practice what they preach.
My overriding concern is not for those who demand of others what they do not demand of themselves, but those they crush, who in simplicity of trust, believe these people themselves actually practice what they preach. They then give up with the faith, feeling worthless, believing they cannot be good enough to be a Christian.
It is a pity those who reel off the letter, as many do, have no consideration for those they may crush along the way.
It is not so hard to understand why Jesus reserved his harshest criticism for such people

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes he will be back.
I can't disagree with you that we should pray for him.
But I admit to having an aversion to people preaching what they themselves do not practice. This crushes the sincere who would believe them. People give up crushed, and walk away from the faith.
If you really think about it. What would be the result of anyone striving to obey each and every literal command of Christ under a law of righteousness? They would be crushed and walk away from the faith if they are sincere.
That is the result of people who believe the message of people who do not practice what they preach.
My overriding concern is not for those who demand of others what they do not demand of themselves, but those they crush, who in simplicity of trust, believe these people themselves actually practice what they preach. They then give up with the faith, feeling worthless, believing they cannot be good enough to be a Christian.
It is a pity those who reel off the letter, as many do, have no consideration for those they may crush along the way.
It is not so hard to understand why Jesus reserved his harshest criticism for such people
Very good point and post...

He could change though, who knows...?

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very good point and post...

He could change though, who knows...?

Peace,

God Bless!
God did change Saul the Pharisee, but alas, most never change.
But with God, all things are possible.
Actually, the greatest preachers of grace, are often those who previously were the most in earnest of trying to attain heaven under a law of righteousness.
Paul being the perfect example

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God did change Saul the Pharisee, but alas, most never change.
But with God, all things are possible.
Actually, the greatest preachers of grace, are often those who previously were the most in earnest of trying to attain heaven under a law of righteousness.
Paul being the perfect example
Yes, that is true, another good point... And, it's all throughout scripture really...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus also said:
The teachers of the law and Pharisees sit in Moses seat, so you must be careful to do everything they tell you
But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach
They tie up heavy loads and place them on men's shoulders. But they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them
Matt23:2-4

Jesus was NOT( not) referring to man made rules/ commands. For the Pharisees faultlessly obeyed them. Concerning those commands they did practice what they preached.
Jesus is referring to what the Pharisees did NOT practice but they did preach

Again, I fail to see how your accusation of saying that my belief in God's Word in regards to believing in Christ as my Savior and believing that He does the good work through me (as it is written) leads to a pharisaical type belief. You are going to need to show us this according to Scripture that this is the case instead of just blindingly making false accusations.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He'll be back, we should pray for him (seriously, not sarcastically)...

God Bless!

And I am praying for you, as well.
For I believe Eternal Security is wrong both biblically and morally.

Upvote 0