Chicago
✟8,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, but realistically he isn't going to win the nomination.

Although I agree with most of his ideas, he's about 74 and from what I've learned in school and from relatives dementia starts to set in around 75. So I'm not sure I would feel comfortable voting for him knowing that.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
....it's that no one (not even foreign countries that do business with us) can have respect for the office again (or tell if someone is lying or not.)

Do you condemn the choice of every US President who has been caught in a demonstrable lie?

...because I don't think you do.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Although I agree with most of his ideas, he's about 74 and from what I've learned in school and from relatives dementia starts to set in around 75.

Not necessarily. My grandmother's dementia didn't set in until she was approaching the age of ninety. My boyfriend's grandmother, at age 90, is still completely lucid. By contrast, the mother of a former classmate of mine was in her late forties when she first began to show symptoms.

The latter is known as early-onset Alzheimers and it can start as early 15, but mostly starts around 50.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not about doing anything in his private life, it's about lying to the American people, under oath *and* disgracing the office. That's an impeachable offence! It is even more of a problem than Teddy Kennedy's "I let that girl drown in the back seat of my car while I escaped". In one the personal instance, the person is going to have to answer to God. It's none of my business However in the lying under oath and disgracing the presidential office, it's that no one (not even foreign countries that do business with us) can have respect for the office again (or tell if someone is lying or not.)

As far as marijuana. It's illegal here. As to cocaine. It is illegal here as well--a felony offense (although Obama laughingly admits to "doing a little blow" too--it seems that like so many, you didn't read his book Dreams From My Father.)

Anyway, I tend to agree with Penn Teller's rant. He notes that Obama wouldn't be laughing about it, if he had been caught. He wouldn't even have had a chance to go to those prestigious schools. He'd be cooling his heels in prison!

Well yeah...

...but Bush smoked crack.

Everybody said so.

I mean all a EVER heard during his administration was stuff like:

"Bush says the Iran war will pay for itself"
"Yeah, well, Bush smokes crack"

"Bush says American want to have Social Security privatized"

"Bush says that Wall Street can regulate itself and there is no need for the regulation of credit default swaps"
"What the heck is a credit default swap ? Anyway it doesn't matter because Bush smokes crack"

You know, like that.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well yeah...

Everybody said so.

"Bush says that Wall Street can regulate itself and there is no need for the regulation of credit default swaps"
"What the heck is a credit default swap ? Anyway it doesn't matter because Bush smokes crack"

You know, like that.

That's because he probably did . . . ;) How else did we get into those illegal, unjust, unconstitutional wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?! Or pass the Patriot Act . . . ?!

:smoke:

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That's because he probably did . . . ;) How else did we get into those illegal, unjust, unconstitutional wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?! Or pass the Patriot Act . . . ?!

See, everybody thinks he went after those countries for oil, but they grow a lot of poppies in Afghanistan...

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well yeah...

Everybody said so.

But it's not a matter of "everybody said so". Obama admitted in his book to not only smoking marijuana (jail time) but to also doing cocaine. I don't recall Bush admitting to committing a felony. (That's what "a little blow" is--a felony.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well yeah...

Everybody said so.

You know, like that.

I would be very, very surprised if George Bush didn't do some pretty illegal drugs. Crack seems like it might be a bit low-rent for him, but absolutely I think he did cocaine.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would be very, very surprised if George Bush didn't do some pretty illegal drugs. Crack seems like it might be a bit low-rent for him, but absolutely I think he did cocaine.

He was a richnkid Ivy League party-boy, of course he did coke. There is a lot I didn't like about him, but the fact that he likely used drugs as a teen or young adult isn't among them. I do wish he would have answered the question straight up instead of dodging it though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The difference is that Obama is proud of his illegal activity. As Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, Alveda King, has said Obama has never admitted to doing some stupid things as a youth and gone on and changed the pattern.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that Obama is proud of his illegal activity. As Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, Alveda King, has said Obama has never admitted to doing some stupid things as a youth and gone on and changed the pattern.

The difference is that Obama choose to be honest.

I work with a guy who's niece is a big REO Speedwagon fan.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2012
Chicago
✟8,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But it's not a matter of "everybody said so". Obama admitted in his book to not only smoking marijuana (jail time) but to also doing cocaine. I don't recall Bush admitting to committing a felony. (That's what "a little blow" is--a felony.)

In certain states isn't a DUI a felony? He had one of those.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In certain states isn't a DUI a felony?

Depends. Some are some are not, in fact most aren't (Bush's wasn't, it was by his parents, Bush paid a fine and his license was tempoarily suspended.) However cocaine use *is*a felony and depending on the on the circumstances--can be everything to from "class C" to "class A".

Obama's bragging only goes to encouage more drug use once Obama's book about it is read and the youth find out. (Though I'm not sure why folks didn't read his book before the 2008 election.) I still agree with Penn of Penn and Teller (who is a spokesman for medical marijuana). Obama was lucky, darn lucky he wasn't caught. Marijuana *and* cocaine? Sometimes Obama admitted that his gang did it in a vehicle--sometimes on the beach. Just one time of being caught within a 1000 feet of a school and it wouldn't be a laughing matter at all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0