East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The difference is that Obama is proud of his illegal activity. As Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, Alveda King, has said Obama has never admitted to doing some stupid things as a youth and gone on and changed the pattern.

"Proud" is not identical with "not that worried about it" or even "doesn't regret it".

And I think being truthful about something that might be looked on unfavorably in a political campaign is a lot more reassuring than a guy who did they same thing and lied about it to avoid a scandal.

Not because he regrets it - to keep votes.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2012
Chicago
✟8,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Depends. Some are some are not, in fact most aren't (Bush's wasn't, it was by his parents, Bush paid a fine and his license was tempoarily suspended.) However cocaine use *is*a felony and depending on the on the circumstances--can be everything to from "class C" to "class A".

Obama's bragging only goes to encouage more drug use once Obama's book about it is read and the youth find out. (Though I'm not sure why folks didn't read his book before the 2008 election.) I still agree with Penn of Penn and Teller (who is a spokesman for medical marijuana). Obama was lucky, darn lucky he wasn't caught. Marijuana *and* cocaine? Sometimes Obama admitted that his gang did it in a vehicle--sometimes on the beach. Just one time of being caught within a 1000 feet of a school and it wouldn't be a laughing matter at all!

I honestly don't think much youth are reading Barrack Obama's book.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Proud" is not identical with "not that worried about it" or even "doesn't regret it".

And I think being truthful about something that might be looked on unfavorably in a political campaign is a lot more reassuring than a guy who did they same thing and lied about it to avoid a scandal.

Not because he regrets it - to keep votes.

Are you saying that it was common knowledge in the 2008 campaign? Well it was out in the book, but as I've found out not too many have read the book--yet.

And I still say he's acting proud of it (and Penn of Penn and Teller seems to be also saying so and since it *may* reflect on legislature concerning the future of medical marijuana, he does seem to have a concern.) I mean even Clinton had the good sense to claim that he "didn't inhale" when he smoked marijuana--showed that he thought it wrong. (And that didn't even carry the felony penalties that doing cocaine, "a little blow" as Obama puts it, does.)

Does Obama realize that little children look up to him and will try to be like him?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Are you saying that it was common knowledge in the 2008 campaign? Well it was out in the book, but as I've found out not too many have read the book--yet.

And I still say he's acting proud of it (and Penn of Penn and Teller seems to be also saying so and since it *may* reflect on legislature concerning the future of medical marijuana, he does seem to have a concern.) I mean even Clinton had the good sense to claim that he "didn't inhale" when he smoked marijuana--showed that he thought it wrong. (And that didn't even carry the felony penalties that doing cocaine, "a little blow" as Obama puts it, does.)

Does Obama realize that little children look up to him and will try to be like him?

So basically, you think he's proud because you want to?
I still don't find the logic in "because he didn't seem ashamed...he must be proud".
But fine.

At least he can tell children it isn't anything special.;)

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,100,545.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The difference between George W. Bush and Barack Obama is that Bush's father was able to hide all his gubernatorial records in his Presidential library, where they weren't publicly available.

What Bush 43's gubernatorial records have to do with Bush 41's Presidency is beyond me.

And when he was a callow youth, his father was head of the CIA. The accounts about his paying a girlfriend to have an abortion also indicate that "men in black" visited the girlfriend years later to let her know that she had been talking too much to friends and that she had better not endanger national security (or Bush political ambitions).

And so Bush 43 could deny all the allegations about his youth--the Ku Klux Klan pictures in his dorm room, for example--because he had someone to cover for him.

Obama didn't have that luxury, so honesty was the best policy.

Maybe if Sarah Palin had said, "Yes, my husband wants Alaska to secede from the United States; yes, I think the Queen is the head of state in England and that we can see Russia from our back yard. Yes, I fired my sister's ex husband from the state troopers because he done her wrong...." it might have worked. Not with me. Not for one second. But it might have net her a few more votes.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Obama didn't have that luxury, so honesty was the best policy.

Actually, it's not called honesty. The book was there, but it was never read by most, or so it surprisingly seems. You ought to read it (if you are among the many that haven't.) It's really "eye-opening". Besides things that aren't that "pretty" (such as this and much, much more) are slowly coming out.

Upvote 0

docpotter

Too blessed to be stressed
Jul 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟17,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, it's not called honesty. The book was there, but it was never read by most, or so it surprisingly seems. You ought to read it (if you are among the many that haven't.) It's really "eye-opening". Besides things that aren't that "pretty" (such as this and much, much more) are slowly coming out.
I wonder if they would even care , lol . If Reverend Wright was offered hush money, I wonder if they'd care. Or if he does come out and say Obama remained a Muslim and just feigned being a Christian , I wonder if they'd care.

Personally , I think Obama could come out and say anything or do anything and his loyal followers would still blindly follow. The more I see what people say and do , the more it becomes clear this is a spiritual issue ,that is spiritually discerned

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Shouldn't we be addressing political votes and actions of a president in present and recent past rather than substance abuse long since rejected over twenty or more years ago by the respective politicians? :scratch:

Both Bush Jr and Obama made youthful indiscretions; yet that doesn't seem to have much or any bearing at all, regarding Iraq, Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, Gun Control, Indefinite Detention, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

when-someone-is-wrong-but-they-insist-they-are-right.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums