The Difference Between the Rapture of the Church and the Second Coming of Christ

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi BABerean,

Oh thank you very much for writing all that. Ephesians is one of my favourite books. So good to read concerning the Body of Christ in Ephesians ch. 4. Finishes on a great note too.

So as you well noted, that was not the right chapter. Eph. 3: 1 - 7 was what I was referring to. Sorry about that.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 
(Notice that the word "apostles" is plural, meaning more than one apostle.)

How many apostles were indwelled by the Holy Spirit when Paul wrote this?

How about the Apostle John?

How about Peter?

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You have been given the Scriptural facts as to the disposition of the spirit/soul of those who die physically, in my post #73. Nothing has changed since then, nor the Scriptures I posted, that refute your claim of the heretic soul sleep. It'e time you started reading them. There is another one in which Jesus went, in the Spirit to the "prison," of Sheol/Hell, to preach to the spirit/souls of those who have been there since the days of Noah, as recorded in 1 Pet.3:18-20. FYI, once God created the spirit/soul, it NEVER dies.

Exceptions in the Bible where people have appeared to others physically after having died previously, doesn't change the above facts I have previously posted in any way.

Where, may I ask, did you obtain your qualifications to teach the Bible?

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi BABerean,

Good point there. So....if the revelation of the Body of Christ had been revealed to Peter earlier (before Paul) then how come he never preached on it or went to the Gentiles, till God woke him up to go to Cornelius`s household. And even there he did not speak of the Body of Christ but saw that God blessed the Gentiles with the Holy Spirit.

Remember also that Peter was in error concerning making the Gentiles to live like the Jews, until Paul corrected him. (Gal. 2: 11-14)

BTW I think a key word there is `now` revealed to his holy apostles and prophets. Now, and not previously.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

On the Day of Pentecost Peter preached the New Covenant message and about 3,000 Israelites (Acts 2:36) became a part of the Body of Christ, on that day.

Mar_14:22  And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi BABerean,

Peter said -"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2: 36)

God is giving Israel an opportunity as a nation to turn to Him. We see that it is an overlap time, for eventually they as a nation, their leaders turn not only away from Christ but also the Holy Spirit. (Acts 28: 17 - 28)

`Therefore let it be known to you (leaders of Israel) that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!.`(Acts 28: 28)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

During the first few years that the Church existed it was made up mainly of Israelites.

What were the Gentiles grafted into in Romans 11?

In Romans 11 Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelite and Gentile branches grafted together into one tree.

The Church as a whole has never been a Gentile Church.
Even today the Church continues to be made up of both Israelite and Gentile bloodlines.
I have had Christians in my home for Bible study that came from a Jewish background.

The following was written about 65 AD.

Heb 8:6  But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 
Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 
Heb 8:8  For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 
Heb 8:9  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 
Heb 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 
Heb 8:11  And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 
Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 
Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. 

Here we find the promise of the New Covenant from Jeremiah 31:31-34 repeated word-for-word and bracketed by verses making it clear that this New Covenant had been fulfilled by Christ during the first century.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 

Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Able.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In my upwards of fifty years in the ministry, without a single exception, EVERY purported contradiction that has EVER been presented to me, has been the result of misinterpreting one or both of the passages alleged to be in contradiction.
You're a waste of my time, building up a pretense because you have the liberty to without being called out, the game you people play, trying to throw shade on the fact with your made up statement.

You will say anything to defend your propaganda views because the forum rules protects you, it's literally your world.

But I don't have time for the ignorance, and refuse to play your game, of me having to post the facts when you and I both know better.

Plus, you're still going to deny them anyway, even if I post them, just because you have that liberty. This is what I sense. This is what I know.

You're not ignorant, nor are you naive. We've dialogued long enough for me to know your statement is false. Play that game with somebody else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Aside from the fact that the rules of this forum protect people from attacks such as you desire to launch, Everything you have said here is a simple and basic reversal of the actual facts of the case. The claims you have been making here have been disproved, and solidly and absolutely disproved, more times than I can count.

But since you claim to actually believe the Bible is filled with errors and omissions, I must ask, are you a Christian?

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First, I edited the post, so you might want to go back and read it. Secondly, you're right, that the forum rules protects you, but not from a personal attack, but from the truth, from the fact that you're not being straight up.

Having read thru the scriptures, from cover to cover, at least 8 times, and knowing the contradicts, and having pointed them numerous times on these sites, to then hear your claim that you've put down many naysayers, and have found them, the naysayers, to be lying, is very offensive and odd to me, not to mention it being the very act you're claiming the forum rules protect against, that you're thrusting on me.

You're the one that's making a reversal of the facts, because you can't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, that I don't know what contradictions are, especially when I posted the links to videos, about said contradictions, which you haven't addressed yet!

So for you to ignore the contradictions mentioned in the videos, without proving any of them to be false, only shows your willingness to be offensive and ignorant.

I know enough of myself, and of the facts, to know you're not for real. And just because the book has contradictions doesn't mean that I'm not a Christian because I know it and tell it. Revelation ends with the fact that the book can be tampered with, and it has. That is the type of faulty reasoning you people try to bring to the table, in your attempt to belittle the truth and the people that tell it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There's no way you can dismiss the verses on Saul and Samuel and be for real, period. Plus I don't have to force a horse to drink. Those with understanding will know better.

False, one-sided doctrines do not exist by mistake. They have their promoters, so you can argue until you're blue in the face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 7 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I have not "read thru the scriptures, from cover to cover," a mere "eight times," or even ten or twelve times. Instead, I have spent well over half a century studying these same scriptures from cover to cover, and know for a certainty that the "contradictions" that you think you have seen in these places are based on failing to notice the exact wording used in each case. And when people have attacked me with such an alleged contradiction, their typical response to my answer has been "Well, you got out of that one, but there are plenty more." To which I have responded, "Show me one." Not even one person has ever attacked me with such an alleged contradiction that would stand up under close examination.

Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The above post consists of meaningless opinion, that the Scriptures posted in #73 and #83 have refuted.

Either field an argument with Scripture proving the Scriptures refuting your views are false, or yours are the ones that are! Capiche?!

As I told you before, Scripture revealing people who have returned from the dead physically, such as Samuel, is the exception, and is not being rejected. On the other hand, you are rejecting the preponderance of Scripture by Jesus Himself, among others that refute your heretic views of soul sleep.

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Give me a break. You people think that only you alone have brain. You have yet to address any said contradictions mentioned in the videos, so all you're doing is talking in circles. Plus, you did insinuate you found all who claimed contradictions in the scriptures to be liars, period; and the right response to that statement is against forum rules, which you already know, why you're saying it in the first place, because it isn't true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please! There's no way you can conclude that your interpretation is correct and mine wrong because the verses on Samuel is an exception. That's ridiculous and again one-sided. It proves your theory wrong, that death is not being absent from the body and present with God. And I already explained to other controversial verses to you.

The scriptures are not without fault. And all of scripture has to align. You can't say it's this way, and have an exception. That's illogical. It's either one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do not bother with videos. If you can't post it yourself, you do not really think it is worth posting. But if you want to discuss this, start a new thread. For it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

While this a very nicely written and well thought out post, how do you reconcile this with 1 Corinthians 15?

For Christ must reign UNTIL his enemies are put under his feet (1 Corinthians 15:25). We know that Christ is in heaven at the right hand of God UNTIL his enemies are made a footstool (Acts 2:34-35, Hebrews 10:13). The last enemy to be subjected is death. Death will fully be defeated at the last trump, when the resurrection of those who belong to Christ occurs (1 Corinthians 15:54). Then the end comes and the kingdom is delivered to the Father, so that God may be all in all (1 Corinthians 15:24,28)

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single

You might as well talk to a wall. Its a pointless waste of time in arguing with them. They completely miss the big picture.
Some incorrectly lock on to the idea that the "last trumpet" of 1 Corinthians 15:52 is referring to the 7th trumpet in Revelation. This just shows how Scripturally "incompetent" some people are, which is the best way to describe it.
*First of all, Corinthians was written by Paul before Revelation, who did not have knowledge of the contents of Revelation at the time of his writing Corinthians.
*Secondly, the 7th trumpet in Revelation is part of a series of God's judgments on the earth.

I would think those two points by themselves would cause any sane individual to question the logic of equating them as being the same trumpet and instead look elsewhere in Scripture. Never mind the argument of pre, mid, post tribulation, or no rapture, this is about basic hermeneutics and common sense. Without these, they're nothing more than a bunch of parrots simply parroting Scripture on cue without really understanding it. They like to think they do, but if they can't use simple reasoning as illustrated in the above two points, how could anyone expect them to be taken seriously, much less waste time in arguing with them?

Upvote 0