The Difference Between the Rapture of the Church and the Second Coming of Christ

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eph 4:1  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 
Eph 4:2  With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 
Eph 4:3  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 
Eph 4:4  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 
Eph 4:5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 
Eph 4:6  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 
Eph 4:7  But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 
Eph 4:8  Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 
Eph 4:9  (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 
Eph 4:10  He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 
Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; (Notice that the word is plural.)
Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 
Eph 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 
Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. 

The New Life

Eph 4:17  This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 
Eph 4:18  Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 
Eph 4:19  Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 
Eph 4:20  But ye have not so learned Christ; 
Eph 4:21  If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 
Eph 4:22  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 
Eph 4:23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 
Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 
Eph 4:25  Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 
Eph 4:26  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 
Eph 4:27  Neither give place to the devil. 
Eph 4:28  Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 
Eph 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 
Eph 4:30  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 
Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 
Eph 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. 

I cannot see what you are claiming ???

Hi BABerean,

Oh thank you very much for writing all that. Ephesians is one of my favourite books. So good to read concerning the Body of Christ in Ephesians ch. 4. Finishes on a great note too.

So as you well noted, that was not the right chapter. Eph. 3: 1 - 7 was what I was referring to. Sorry about that.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

Oh thank you very much for writing all that. Ephesians is one of my favourite books. So good to read concerning the Body of Christ in Ephesians ch. 4. Finishes on a great note too.

So as you well noted, that was not the right chapter. Eph. 3: 1 - 7 was what I was referring to. Sorry about that.

Marilyn.

Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 
(Notice that the word "apostles" is plural, meaning more than one apostle.)

How many apostles were indwelled by the Holy Spirit when Paul wrote this?

How about the Apostle John?

How about Peter?

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again you're choosing to be one-sided. It is the "breath" that goes back to God, not a spirit because we are not spirits. We are flesh, blood, and bone beings. We do not function without flesh, blood, and bones, the reason we are awaken out of the dust and given glorified "bodies." It is the breath blown into man that animated the dust into flesh, blood, and bones. When that leaves, we cease to exist.

All of scripture has to align. You can't accept what you want to accept and ignore the rest. That's being bias and partial in your understanding.

None saying they were called back from heaven, and many others proving death as we know it to be sleep/slumber. When Saul contacted Samuel from the grave, what was Samuel's reply?

1Sa 28:8 And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee.
1Sa 28:9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
1Sa 28:10 And Saul sware to her by the LORD, saying, As the LORD liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing.
1Sa 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.
1Sa 28:12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.
1Sa 28:13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

1Sa 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

- Proof positive that you're wrong, that you're mistaken.

Please! Heresy is ignoring the verses that prove otherwise. You're acting as if they don't exist, which is heresy on your part.

You have been given the Scriptural facts as to the disposition of the spirit/soul of those who die physically, in my post #73. Nothing has changed since then, nor the Scriptures I posted, that refute your claim of the heretic soul sleep. It'e time you started reading them. There is another one in which Jesus went, in the Spirit to the "prison," of Sheol/Hell, to preach to the spirit/souls of those who have been there since the days of Noah, as recorded in 1 Pet.3:18-20. FYI, once God created the spirit/soul, it NEVER dies.

Exceptions in the Bible where people have appeared to others physically after having died previously, doesn't change the above facts I have previously posted in any way.

Where, may I ask, did you obtain your qualifications to teach the Bible?

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 
(Notice that the word "apostles" is plural, meaning more than one apostle.)

How many apostles were indwelled by the Holy Spirit when Paul wrote this?

How about the Apostle John?

How about Peter?

Hi BABerean,

Good point there. So....if the revelation of the Body of Christ had been revealed to Peter earlier (before Paul) then how come he never preached on it or went to the Gentiles, till God woke him up to go to Cornelius`s household. And even there he did not speak of the Body of Christ but saw that God blessed the Gentiles with the Holy Spirit.

Remember also that Peter was in error concerning making the Gentiles to live like the Jews, until Paul corrected him. (Gal. 2: 11-14)

BTW I think a key word there is `now` revealed to his holy apostles and prophets. Now, and not previously.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

Good point there. So....if the revelation of the Body of Christ had been revealed to Peter earlier (before Paul) then how come he never preached on it or went to the Gentiles, till God woke him up to go to Cornelius`s household. And even there he did not speak of the Body of Christ but saw that God blessed the Gentiles with the Holy Spirit.

Remember also that Peter was in error concerning making the Gentiles to live like the Jews, until Paul corrected him. (Gal. 2: 11-14)

BTW I think a key word there is `now` revealed to his holy apostles and prophets. Now, and not previously.

Marilyn.

On the Day of Pentecost Peter preached the New Covenant message and about 3,000 Israelites (Acts 2:36) became a part of the Body of Christ, on that day.

Mar_14:22  And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the Day of Pentecost Peter preached the New Covenant message and about 3,000 Israelites (Acts 2:36) became a part of the Body of Christ, on that day.

Mar_14:22  And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

Hi BABerean,

Peter said -"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2: 36)

God is giving Israel an opportunity as a nation to turn to Him. We see that it is an overlap time, for eventually they as a nation, their leaders turn not only away from Christ but also the Holy Spirit. (Acts 28: 17 - 28)

`Therefore let it be known to you (leaders of Israel) that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!.`(Acts 28: 28)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

Peter said -"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2: 36)

God is giving Israel an opportunity as a nation to turn to Him. We see that it is an overlap time, for eventually they as a nation, their leaders turn not only away from Christ but also the Holy Spirit. (Acts 28: 17 - 28)

`Therefore let it be known to you (leaders of Israel) that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!.`(Acts 28: 28)

Marilyn.

During the first few years that the Church existed it was made up mainly of Israelites.

What were the Gentiles grafted into in Romans 11?

In Romans 11 Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelite and Gentile branches grafted together into one tree.

The Church as a whole has never been a Gentile Church.
Even today the Church continues to be made up of both Israelite and Gentile bloodlines.
I have had Christians in my home for Bible study that came from a Jewish background.

The following was written about 65 AD.

Heb 8:6  But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 
Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 
Heb 8:8  For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 
Heb 8:9  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 
Heb 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 
Heb 8:11  And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 
Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 
Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. 

Here we find the promise of the New Covenant from Jeremiah 31:31-34 repeated word-for-word and bracketed by verses making it clear that this New Covenant had been fulfilled by Christ during the first century.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 

Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Able.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In my upwards of fifty years in the ministry, without a single exception, EVERY purported contradiction that has EVER been presented to me, has been the result of misinterpreting one or both of the passages alleged to be in contradiction.
You're a waste of my time, building up a pretense because you have the liberty to without being called out, the game you people play, trying to throw shade on the fact with your made up statement.

You will say anything to defend your propaganda views because the forum rules protects you, it's literally your world.

But I don't have time for the ignorance, and refuse to play your game, of me having to post the facts when you and I both know better.

Plus, you're still going to deny them anyway, even if I post them, just because you have that liberty. This is what I sense. This is what I know.

You're not ignorant, nor are you naive. We've dialogued long enough for me to know your statement is false. Play that game with somebody else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You're a waste of my time, building up a pretense because you have the liberty to without being called out, the game you people play, trying to throw shade on the fact, with your made up statement.

There's no shame in your game of thrones because it's your world. You will say anything to defend your propaganda views, because the forum rules protects you.

But I don't have time for the ignorance, and refuse to play your game, of me having to post the facts when you and I both know better.

Everything is as a game for you people, a psychological war when you can't win, for you propagandists.

Aside from the fact that the rules of this forum protect people from attacks such as you desire to launch, Everything you have said here is a simple and basic reversal of the actual facts of the case. The claims you have been making here have been disproved, and solidly and absolutely disproved, more times than I can count.

But since you claim to actually believe the Bible is filled with errors and omissions, I must ask, are you a Christian?

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aside from the fact that the rules of this forum protect people from attacks such as you desire to launch, Everything you have said here is a simple and basic reversal of the actual facts of the case. The claims you have been making here have been disproved, and solidly and absolutely disproved, more times than I can count.

But since you claim to actually believe the Bible is filled with errors and omissions, I must ask, are you a Christian?
First, I edited the post, so you might want to go back and read it. Secondly, you're right, that the forum rules protects you, but not from a personal attack, but from the truth, from the fact that you're not being straight up.

Having read thru the scriptures, from cover to cover, at least 8 times, and knowing the contradicts, and having pointed them numerous times on these sites, to then hear your claim that you've put down many naysayers, and have found them, the naysayers, to be lying, is very offensive and odd to me, not to mention it being the very act you're claiming the forum rules protect against, that you're thrusting on me.

You're the one that's making a reversal of the facts, because you can't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, that I don't know what contradictions are, especially when I posted the links to videos, about said contradictions, which you haven't addressed yet!

So for you to ignore the contradictions mentioned in the videos, without proving any of them to be false, only shows your willingness to be offensive and ignorant.

I know enough of myself, and of the facts, to know you're not for real. And just because the book has contradictions doesn't mean that I'm not a Christian because I know it and tell it. Revelation ends with the fact that the book can be tampered with, and it has. That is the type of faulty reasoning you people try to bring to the table, in your attempt to belittle the truth and the people that tell it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have been given the Scriptural facts as to the disposition of the spirit/soul of those who die physically, in my post #73. Nothing has changed since then, nor the Scriptures I posted, that refute your claim of the heretic soul sleep. It'e time you started reading them. There is another one in which Jesus went, in the Spirit to the "prison," of Sheol/Hell, to preach to the spirit/souls of those who have been there since the days of Noah, as recorded in 1 Pet.3:18-20. FYI, once God created the spirit/soul, it NEVER dies.

Exceptions in the Bible where people have appeared to others physically after having died previously, doesn't change the above facts I have previously posted in any way.

Where, may I ask, did you obtain your qualifications to teach the Bible?

Quasar92
There's no way you can dismiss the verses on Saul and Samuel and be for real, period. Plus I don't have to force a horse to drink. Those with understanding will know better.

False, one-sided doctrines do not exist by mistake. They have their promoters, so you can argue until you're blue in the face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The facts provided for you in the OP and in the four post link I posted for you in @19, refute you. There is nothing in your above post to support your claims with the meaningless opinion you posted. Besides calling Jesus, Matthew, Luke, John and Paul liars, who teach the pre-trib rapture of the Church, but the following esteemed theologians from every wlk of Cjristian teaching do so as well:

The pre-trib rapture of the Church views posted above fully endorsed by the following:

1. Frank L. Gaebelein, A.M., Litt.D., Headmaster Emiritus, The Stoney Brook School; 2. William Culbertson, D.D., L.L.D., President, Moody Bible Institute; 3. Charles L. Feinberg, ThD., PhD., Dean, Talbot Theological Seminary; 4. Allan A. Mac Rae, A.M., PhD., President, Biblical School of Theology; 5. Clarence E. Mason, Jr., Th.M., D.D., Dean, Philadelphia College of Bible; 6. Alva J. Mc Clain, Th.M., D.D., President Emeritus, Grace Theological Seminary; 7. Wilbur M. Smith, D.D., Editor, Peloubet's Select Notes; 8. John F. Walvoord, A.M., Th.D., President, Dallas Theological Seminary; 9. C.I. Scofield, D.D., Editor, Scofield Bible; 10. Editorial Committee Chairman, J. E. Schuyler English, Litt.D.

Chuck Missler, Koinonia House, Charles Stanley, Baptist minister, Zola Levitt, Levitt's Ministries, Miles Weiss, Zola Levitt's Ministries, Moishe Rosen, Jew's For Jesus Org., David Bickner, Jew's For Jesus Org., Mitch Glaser, His Chosen People Minisries Dwight Pentecost, Dean at Dallas Theological Seminary, Harold Wilmington, Dean at Liberty Seminary, Arno Froese, Editor and CEO of Midnight Call Ministries, Thomas Ice, PhD., Author, Jack Van Impe, TV Ministry, Tim Le Haye, Author, Jerry Fallwell, Baptist minister, Billie Graham, TV ministry, Franklin Graham, TV ministry, Dr. Ron Carlson, Dr. Wilfred Hahn, Dave Hunt, Ed Decker and Dr. Norbert Lieth.

Review the following post that refrutes your claims and either field a valid Scripturally supported argument against it verifying your claims, or your views are the ones that are wrong.

Quasar92

Matthew 7 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Having read thru the scriptures, from cover to cover, at least 8 times, and knowing the contradicts, and having pointed them numerous times on these sites, to then hear your claim that you've put down many naysayers, and have found them, the naysayers, to be lying, is very offensive and odd to me, not to mention it being the very act you're claiming the forum rules protect against, that you're thrusting on me.
I know enough of myself, and of the facts, to know you're not for real. And just because the book has contradictions doesn't mean that I'm not a Christian because I know it and tell it. Revelation ends with the fact that the book can be tampered with, and it has. That is the type of faulty reasoning you people try to bring to the table, in your attempt to belittle the truth and the people that tell it.

I have not "read thru the scriptures, from cover to cover," a mere "eight times," or even ten or twelve times. Instead, I have spent well over half a century studying these same scriptures from cover to cover, and know for a certainty that the "contradictions" that you think you have seen in these places are based on failing to notice the exact wording used in each case. And when people have attacked me with such an alleged contradiction, their typical response to my answer has been "Well, you got out of that one, but there are plenty more." To which I have responded, "Show me one." Not even one person has ever attacked me with such an alleged contradiction that would stand up under close examination.

Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no way you can dismiss the verses on Saul and Samuel and be for real, period. Plus I don't have to force a horse to drink. Those with understanding will know better.

False, one-sided doctrines do not exist by mistake. They have their promoters, so you can argue until you're blue in the face.

The above post consists of meaningless opinion, that the Scriptures posted in #73 and #83 have refuted.

Either field an argument with Scripture proving the Scriptures refuting your views are false, or yours are the ones that are! Capiche?!

As I told you before, Scripture revealing people who have returned from the dead physically, such as Samuel, is the exception, and is not being rejected. On the other hand, you are rejecting the preponderance of Scripture by Jesus Himself, among others that refute your heretic views of soul sleep.

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have not "read thru the scriptures, from cover to cover," a mere "eight times," or even ten or twelve times. Instead, I have spent well over half a century studying these same scriptures from cover to cover, and know for a certainty that the "contradictions" that you think you have seen in these places are based on failing to notice the exact wording used in each case. And when people have attacked me with such an alleged contradiction, their typical response to my answer has been "Well, you got out of that one, but there are plenty more." To which I have responded, "Show me one." Not even one person has ever attacked me with such an alleged contradiction that would stand up under close examination.
Give me a break. You people think that only you alone have brain. You have yet to address any said contradictions mentioned in the videos, so all you're doing is talking in circles. Plus, you did insinuate you found all who claimed contradictions in the scriptures to be liars, period; and the right response to that statement is against forum rules, which you already know, why you're saying it in the first place, because it isn't true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The above post consists of meaningless opinion, that the Scriptures posted in #73 and #83 have refuted.

Either field an argument with Scripture proving the Scriptures refuting your views are false, or yours are the ones that are! Capiche?!

As I told you before, Scripture revealing people who have returned from the dead physically, such as Samuel, is the exception, and is not being rejected. On the other hand, you are rejecting the preponderance of Scripture by Jesus Himself, among others that refute your heretic views of soul sleep.

Quasar92
Please! There's no way you can conclude that your interpretation is correct and mine wrong because the verses on Samuel is an exception. That's ridiculous and again one-sided. It proves your theory wrong, that death is not being absent from the body and present with God. And I already explained to other controversial verses to you.

The scriptures are not without fault. And all of scripture has to align. You can't say it's this way, and have an exception. That's illogical. It's either one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Give me a break. You people think that only you alone have brain. You have yet to address any said contradictions mentioned in the videos, so all you're doing is talking in circles. Plus, you did insinuate you found all who claimed contradictions in the scriptures to be liars, period; and the right response to that statement is against forum rules, which you already know, why you're saying it in the first place, because it isn't true.
I do not bother with videos. If you can't post it yourself, you do not really think it is worth posting. But if you want to discuss this, start a new thread. For it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever stopped to think what the Scriptures tell us where believers go after the death of our bodies? Where are we going when our body dies?

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." As recorded in 2 Cor.5:8, confirming Ecc.12:7. Which is, IMO, conclusive to the fact that Jesus is not going to let the rest of His Church remain on earth to go through the tribulation. He will return for all of us who belong to Him, still alive here on earth, at His appearing, according to Jn.14:2-4 and 1 Thes.4:14-18. All those who have died in Him, go to be with Him in heaven, immediately after their physical death, according to 2 Cor.5:6-8. Beginning with Pentecost, they are seen returning with Him from heaven, in 1 Thes.4:14, when He returns for all of us who belong to Him, left here on earth alive at His appearing in the clouds of the sky. Beginning with Jn.14:2-4 and 28, He returns to take us with Him, back to our Father in heaven. As recorded in 1 Thes.4:17, when we will be CAUGHT UP [raptured] together with them [all those who previously died in Him] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

"In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me, that you also may be where I am." Vs.3."And you know the way to where I am going." Jn.14:2-4.

And where did Jesus tell them He was going? "You heards me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you. If you loved me , you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." Vs 28. Confirmed in Jn.16:10, 17 and 28.

The important fact in the above to keep in mind is, that it cannot possibly take place when Jesus returns in His Second Coming to the earth. Because, in the above passage, He returns for all those who belong to Him, bringing with Him all those who had fallen asleep [Died] in Him from heaven, AND RETURNS WITH THEM ALL TO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN!

The above passage is reinforced by Paul, in 1 Thes.4:14-18, alluding to, "will be CAUGHT UP/RAPTURED together with them [The dead in Christ] to meet the Lord in the clouds of the air, in vs 17." Vs 14 refers to God bringing with Jesus, all those who previously died in Him, and are with Him in the clouds of the air, when all of us who belong to Christ, left here on the earth alive at His appearing, meet Him, together with them, in the clouds of the air. Where in vs 15, Paul reveals the entire event is ACCORDING TO THE LORD'S OWN WORD, which is directly from Jn.14:2-4 and 28. The only place in the Scriptures Jesus taught the believers in Him then, what we refer to today as the rapture of the Church.

How does the above teaching of the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church by Jesus, Paul and John, differ from His Second Coming to the earth? Jesus returns in His second coming to the earth, with His entire Church, [After the marriage to His Bride, the Church, in heaven, in Rev.19:7-9] [as well as in Zech.14:4-5; Jude 14 and Rev.19:14], in His armies from heaven, as well as His angels, recorded in Mt.24:30-31. He will return to fight the battle of Armageddon first, to defeat the antichrist, the false prophet and the ten horns [nations] allied to them, in Rev.19:11-20. He does not gather anyone to Himself in the clouds of the sky in His second coming, as He will in the rapture, nor does He return to heaven with them, as He will at the rapture of the Church! But rather, to save the remnant of Israel, in Zech.12:10 and Zech.14. Then Satan will be thrown into the Abyss for 1,000 years, in Rev.20:1-3, then to administer the first resurrection, in Rev.20:4 and 6, bringing peace to the entire earth.

He will then establish His 1,000 year reign on the earth.
NOTICE that Jesus DOES NOT return to heaven at any time after He sets foot on the Mount of Olives [Zech.14:5] in His Second Coming, until God has created the new heaven and earth, in Rev.21:1, as seen in verses 22-23.Jesus testimony about His Second Coming to the earth, in Mt.24:30-31:"At that time, the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. [At the end of the seven years of tribulation]. [Confirming Zech.12:10-13] Israel in particular, because they will then recognize Jesus as their Messiah FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME. While the rest of the world will finally realize Jesus is who He said He was, the Son of God. You will not see any mourning when Jesus appears in the clouds of the sky at the rapture of the Church, when He calls up all those who belong to Him, left here on the earth alive, before the seven year tribulation begins. But rather, great rejoicing will take place!

They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet call and they will gather His ELECT [Jesus is addressing Israel, not the Church which did not exist then, because the Holy Spirit had not from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." Vs 30-31. The angels will gather His ELECT, in Mt.24:31, from the four winds [ISRAEL], from one end of the heavens to the other [THE RAPTURED CHURCH], in His second coming,- confirming Ez.34:11-16, meaning, the Jewish people from all over the entire world. Take notice: No one meets the Lord in the clouds of the sky, here. Nor does does He return from the clouds of the sky with us, to our Father in heaven, as the Scriptures reveal He will in Jn.14:2-4 and 28 and 1 Thes.4:16-17, at the pre-trib rapture of the Church. Nor does Jesus remain in the clouds of the sky, but will take us to our Father in heaven.

Jesus will return in His second coming, to the earth, where He will remain to establish His 1,000 year kingdom here on the earth, according to Rev.20:4 and 6. Jesus Olivet Discourse, recorded in Mt.24; Mk.13 and in Lk.21, pertains to His second coming to the earth and has nothing whatever to do with the Church. Because the ministry during His first advent was exclusively to Israel, as He made abundantly clear in Mt.15:24 as well as in 10:5-6. The Church did not exist until the arrival of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, in Acts 2:1-3, ten days after Jesus ascended into heaven, in Acts 1:9. It was in response to the questions His disciples had asked Him in Mt.24:3, "...when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age." Which He clearly revealed to them, completely through the seven year tribulation to the signs of His coming and of His actual arrival, in Mt.24:30-31 on the Mount of Olives, according to Zech.14:4-5.

The "second coming" is found in Zech.14:4-5; Jude 14; where you find Jesus returning with all His angels in Mt.24:30-31 and His entire Church following Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in Rev.19:14 [A sign of the righteous acts of the saints, as found in Rev.19:8, NIV], in His armies from heaven. Which makes it quite impossible for any such thing as a post-trib rapture.The entire text by Jesus, from Mt.24:4-31 is an amplification of Dan.9:27, where God has decreed Israel to go through the 70th and final week/the seven year tribulation. Which the Church will not go through, according to 2 Thes.2:3 and 7-8. The antichrist is all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27, the very same person found in Dan.7:23-27; 8:9-12 and in 9:27, confirmed by Paul, in 2 Thes.2:3-4 and 8, that immediately follow the pre-trib rapture of the Church, recorded in 2 Thes.2:3 and 7-8.

There is no resemblance of Mt.24:30-31, or in any of the counterparts in Mk.13 and Lk.21 of the second coming of Christ, to the earth, to that of the pre-trib rapture of the Church, when Jesus gathers us all into the clouds of the sky and takes us from there to our Father in heaven, as He promised us, in Jn.14:2-4 and 28. And Paul in 1 Thes.4:14-18; 2 Thes.2:1-8. Confirming Dan.9:27. [The latter confirms who the antichrist is, his triggering the 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation and the timing of the pre-trib rapture of the Church as confirmed by Paul in 2 Thes.2:3-4].

From another source: http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice-DifferencesBetweenTheRapt.pdf

Quasar92

While this a very nicely written and well thought out post, how do you reconcile this with 1 Corinthians 15?

For Christ must reign UNTIL his enemies are put under his feet (1 Corinthians 15:25). We know that Christ is in heaven at the right hand of God UNTIL his enemies are made a footstool (Acts 2:34-35, Hebrews 10:13). The last enemy to be subjected is death. Death will fully be defeated at the last trump, when the resurrection of those who belong to Christ occurs (1 Corinthians 15:54). Then the end comes and the kingdom is delivered to the Father, so that God may be all in all (1 Corinthians 15:24,28)

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever stopped to think what the Scriptures tell us where believers go after the death of our bodies? Where are we going when our body dies?

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." As recorded in 2 Cor.5:8, confirming Ecc.12:7. Which is, IMO, conclusive to the fact that Jesus is not going to let the rest of His Church remain on earth to go through the tribulation. He will return for all of us who belong to Him, still alive here on earth, at His appearing, according to Jn.14:2-4 and 1 Thes.4:14-18. All those who have died in Him, go to be with Him in heaven, immediately after their physical death, according to 2 Cor.5:6-8. Beginning with Pentecost, they are seen returning with Him from heaven, in 1 Thes.4:14, when He returns for all of us who belong to Him, left here on earth alive at His appearing in the clouds of the sky. Beginning with Jn.14:2-4 and 28, He returns to take us with Him, back to our Father in heaven. As recorded in 1 Thes.4:17, when we will be CAUGHT UP [raptured] together with them [all those who previously died in Him] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

"In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me, that you also may be where I am." Vs.3."And you know the way to where I am going." Jn.14:2-4.

And where did Jesus tell them He was going? "You heards me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you. If you loved me , you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." Vs 28. Confirmed in Jn.16:10, 17 and 28.

The important fact in the above to keep in mind is, that it cannot possibly take place when Jesus returns in His Second Coming to the earth. Because, in the above passage, He returns for all those who belong to Him, bringing with Him all those who had fallen asleep [Died] in Him from heaven, AND RETURNS WITH THEM ALL TO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN!

The above passage is reinforced by Paul, in 1 Thes.4:14-18, alluding to, "will be CAUGHT UP/RAPTURED together with them [The dead in Christ] to meet the Lord in the clouds of the air, in vs 17." Vs 14 refers to God bringing with Jesus, all those who previously died in Him, and are with Him in the clouds of the air, when all of us who belong to Christ, left here on the earth alive at His appearing, meet Him, together with them, in the clouds of the air. Where in vs 15, Paul reveals the entire event is ACCORDING TO THE LORD'S OWN WORD, which is directly from Jn.14:2-4 and 28. The only place in the Scriptures Jesus taught the believers in Him then, what we refer to today as the rapture of the Church.

How does the above teaching of the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church by Jesus, Paul and John, differ from His Second Coming to the earth? Jesus returns in His second coming to the earth, with His entire Church, [After the marriage to His Bride, the Church, in heaven, in Rev.19:7-9] [as well as in Zech.14:4-5; Jude 14 and Rev.19:14], in His armies from heaven, as well as His angels, recorded in Mt.24:30-31. He will return to fight the battle of Armageddon first, to defeat the antichrist, the false prophet and the ten horns [nations] allied to them, in Rev.19:11-20. He does not gather anyone to Himself in the clouds of the sky in His second coming, as He will in the rapture, nor does He return to heaven with them, as He will at the rapture of the Church! But rather, to save the remnant of Israel, in Zech.12:10 and Zech.14. Then Satan will be thrown into the Abyss for 1,000 years, in Rev.20:1-3, then to administer the first resurrection, in Rev.20:4 and 6, bringing peace to the entire earth.

He will then establish His 1,000 year reign on the earth.
NOTICE that Jesus DOES NOT return to heaven at any time after He sets foot on the Mount of Olives [Zech.14:5] in His Second Coming, until God has created the new heaven and earth, in Rev.21:1, as seen in verses 22-23.Jesus testimony about His Second Coming to the earth, in Mt.24:30-31:"At that time, the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. [At the end of the seven years of tribulation]. [Confirming Zech.12:10-13] Israel in particular, because they will then recognize Jesus as their Messiah FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME. While the rest of the world will finally realize Jesus is who He said He was, the Son of God. You will not see any mourning when Jesus appears in the clouds of the sky at the rapture of the Church, when He calls up all those who belong to Him, left here on the earth alive, before the seven year tribulation begins. But rather, great rejoicing will take place!

They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet call and they will gather His ELECT [Jesus is addressing Israel, not the Church which did not exist then, because the Holy Spirit had not from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." Vs 30-31. The angels will gather His ELECT, in Mt.24:31, from the four winds [ISRAEL], from one end of the heavens to the other [THE RAPTURED CHURCH], in His second coming,- confirming Ez.34:11-16, meaning, the Jewish people from all over the entire world. Take notice: No one meets the Lord in the clouds of the sky, here. Nor does does He return from the clouds of the sky with us, to our Father in heaven, as the Scriptures reveal He will in Jn.14:2-4 and 28 and 1 Thes.4:16-17, at the pre-trib rapture of the Church. Nor does Jesus remain in the clouds of the sky, but will take us to our Father in heaven.

Jesus will return in His second coming, to the earth, where He will remain to establish His 1,000 year kingdom here on the earth, according to Rev.20:4 and 6. Jesus Olivet Discourse, recorded in Mt.24; Mk.13 and in Lk.21, pertains to His second coming to the earth and has nothing whatever to do with the Church. Because the ministry during His first advent was exclusively to Israel, as He made abundantly clear in Mt.15:24 as well as in 10:5-6. The Church did not exist until the arrival of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, in Acts 2:1-3, ten days after Jesus ascended into heaven, in Acts 1:9. It was in response to the questions His disciples had asked Him in Mt.24:3, "...when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age." Which He clearly revealed to them, completely through the seven year tribulation to the signs of His coming and of His actual arrival, in Mt.24:30-31 on the Mount of Olives, according to Zech.14:4-5.

The "second coming" is found in Zech.14:4-5; Jude 14; where you find Jesus returning with all His angels in Mt.24:30-31 and His entire Church following Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in Rev.19:14 [A sign of the righteous acts of the saints, as found in Rev.19:8, NIV], in His armies from heaven. Which makes it quite impossible for any such thing as a post-trib rapture.The entire text by Jesus, from Mt.24:4-31 is an amplification of Dan.9:27, where God has decreed Israel to go through the 70th and final week/the seven year tribulation. Which the Church will not go through, according to 2 Thes.2:3 and 7-8. The antichrist is all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27, the very same person found in Dan.7:23-27; 8:9-12 and in 9:27, confirmed by Paul, in 2 Thes.2:3-4 and 8, that immediately follow the pre-trib rapture of the Church, recorded in 2 Thes.2:3 and 7-8.

There is no resemblance of Mt.24:30-31, or in any of the counterparts in Mk.13 and Lk.21 of the second coming of Christ, to the earth, to that of the pre-trib rapture of the Church, when Jesus gathers us all into the clouds of the sky and takes us from there to our Father in heaven, as He promised us, in Jn.14:2-4 and 28. And Paul in 1 Thes.4:14-18; 2 Thes.2:1-8. Confirming Dan.9:27. [The latter confirms who the antichrist is, his triggering the 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation and the timing of the pre-trib rapture of the Church as confirmed by Paul in 2 Thes.2:3-4].

From another source: http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice-DifferencesBetweenTheRapt.pdf

Quasar92

You might as well talk to a wall. Its a pointless waste of time in arguing with them. They completely miss the big picture.
Some incorrectly lock on to the idea that the "last trumpet" of 1 Corinthians 15:52 is referring to the 7th trumpet in Revelation. This just shows how Scripturally "incompetent" some people are, which is the best way to describe it.
*First of all, Corinthians was written by Paul before Revelation, who did not have knowledge of the contents of Revelation at the time of his writing Corinthians.
*Secondly, the 7th trumpet in Revelation is part of a series of God's judgments on the earth.

I would think those two points by themselves would cause any sane individual to question the logic of equating them as being the same trumpet and instead look elsewhere in Scripture. Never mind the argument of pre, mid, post tribulation, or no rapture, this is about basic hermeneutics and common sense. Without these, they're nothing more than a bunch of parrots simply parroting Scripture on cue without really understanding it. They like to think they do, but if they can't use simple reasoning as illustrated in the above two points, how could anyone expect them to be taken seriously, much less waste time in arguing with them?

Upvote 0