The Difference between Daniel`s 70th Week and the Tribulation.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Sinai Covenant was "read" every 7 years, because most of the people at that time did not read.
They had to hear it.
It has nothing to do with the people knowing how to read or not. It is to be done because the descendants of all future generations of that second generation would remember everything that their forefathers went through. Moses was making a requirement for a big remembrance speech, so that they would fear the Lord, and that the land of Israel was given to them by God forever.

The speech has not been given in recent memory because of the muslims controlling the temple mount, the place of God's choosing according to the Jews I have discussed this with.

The Antichrist will give the speech, resetting the 7 years. And appearing to be the "renewal" of the Mt. Sinai covenant, as how the Jews (wrongly) interpret Jeremiah 31:31.

Deuteronomy 31:
10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,

11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.

12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
G1484
ἔθνος
ethnos
eth'-nos
Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
Total KJV occurrences: 164

Since this earth will be "burned up" and "dissolved", according to Peter's words in 2 Peter 3:10-13, there will be no nations on this world.

There will be people from every tribe, and every nation, in the New Heavens and the New Earth.

Did Jesus say there will be one flock in John 10:16?.

Hi BABerean,

Does not mean all in one place, but one, children of God, under Christ`s rule. Even in your answer we see one group in the New Heavens and one group on the New Earth.

So can you say who those groups are?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

Does not mean all in one place, but one, children of God, under Christ`s rule. Even in your answer we see one group in the New Heavens and one group on the New Earth.

So can you say who those groups are?

Marilyn.

There is one New Covenant Church, made up of all races of people, in the heavenly Jerusalem found below.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

On the Day of Pentecost Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel" in the passage below. Who do you think Peter was talking to?
On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34.
The Gentiles were grafted in several years later.
The Church as a whole has never been a "Gentile Church", as the promoters of your doctrine often imply.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You can ignore the word "now" in Hebrews 8:6-13, and cherry pick the scriptures in an attempt to make your Two Peoples of God doctrine work, but the whole of scripture reveals the truth about the doctrine John Nelson Darby brought to America about the time of the Civil War.

Former Dispensationalist Jerry Johnson, speaks the truth about the doctrine in the video below.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has nothing to do with the people knowing how to read or not. It is to be done because the descendants of all future generations of that second generation would remember everything that their forefathers went through. Moses was making a requirement for a big remembrance speech, so that they would fear the Lord, and that the land of Israel was given to them by God forever.

The speech has not been given in recent memory because of the muslims controlling the temple mount, the place of God's choosing according to the Jews I have discussed this with.

The Antichrist will give the speech, resetting the 7 years. And appearing to be the "renewal" of the Mt. Sinai covenant, as how the Jews (wrongly) interpret Jeremiah 31:31.

Deuteronomy 31:
10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,

11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.

12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

Are you attempting to claim Daniel chapter 9 has nothing to do with the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you attempting to claim Daniel chapter 9 has nothing to do with the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34?
No, I am trying to show you that Dr Kelly Varner was not aware of Deuteronomy 31:9-13, the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is in the bible. And that his statement that the 7 years of Daniel 9:27 are not found anywhere in the bible except in Daniel 9 is not correct.

imo, you should quit posting his video's because he is putting out faulty information.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I am trying to show you that Dr Kelly Varner was not aware of Deuteronomy 31:9-13, the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is in the bible. And that his statement that the 7 years of Daniel 9:27 are not found anywhere in the bible except in Daniel 9 is not correct.

imo, you should quit posting his video's because he is putting out faulty information.

Please show us the word "confirm" in the passage from Deuteronomy, and then we can judge who is correct about the passage.

Otherwise, it is you who is putting that word in the passage.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please show us the word "confirm" in the passage from Deuteronomy, and then we can judge who is correct about the passage.

Otherwise, it is you who is putting that word in the passage.

The word confirm is not in the text. But the essence of confirming the covenant as what Moses required is.

Similar to the words new covenant is not in Daniel 9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Difference between Daniel`s 70th week and the Tribulation.

Daniel`s 70th Week.

`Seventy weeks are determined for your people and for your holy city, to finish the transgression, (National rebellion)…..and to anoint the Most Holy.` (Dan. 9: 24)

This prophecy was given to the people of Israel revealing the time of chastisement by God till there would be atonement and National Deliverance.

God declared this long ago.

`He will provide atonement for His land and His people.` (Deut. 32: 43)

Most of the 70 x 7 years have been fulfilled with only 7 years to go. In Revelation 8 we see the beginning of this atonement for Israel`s national rebellion. The Lord, the High Priest has paid the price with His precious blood, and we see Him represented before God`s throne in the heavenly sanctuary, interceding for Israel.

Throughout Rev. 8 - 19 we read of the Lord`s Mediatorial role for Israel, and we see the `temple` in heaven opened. The Ark of the Covenant is seen, the Lord Himself coming forth, bringing National Deliverance to Israel.

Biblically linguistics , there is a difference between the time frame of Daniels 70th week and the tribulation period, but colloquially those who accept Daniels 70th week as yet to come call the time the antichrist sdigns the trreatry with Israel till Jesus return as the tribulation.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Marilyn, I will be making a thread on the peace and safety, then sudden destruction.

The rider on the white horse - the Antichrist will be crowned the King of Israel. Jews and the world saying "peace and safety", messianic era begins (in their view).

3 years thereabouts later, the Antichrist commits the transgression of desolation act in 2Thessalonians2:4. The Jews reject him as continuing as their King. He is now the revealed man of sin.

The rider on the red horse takes peace from the earth - which is the end of the peace and safety
thinking.

Revelation 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The revealed man of sin will be killed. Rider on the white horse, then peace and safety, then the ToD act, then the red horse, and then the revealed man of sin killed - in that order are on my chart.

View attachment 262129

No where does Scripture say teh false prophet crowns the antichrist king of Israel.. He becomes world ruler after His resurrection but not king of Israel specifically

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is one New Covenant Church, made up of all races of people, in the heavenly Jerusalem found below.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Hi BABerean,

The Body of Christ will rule from `mount Zion` in the third heaven. (Rev. 3: 21)
The spirits of just men, (& women) will be in the city part of the New Jerusalem that comes DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN. (Heb. 11: 16) (I think you missed these ones)
Then there are the nations on the New earth, which you seem to have forgotten.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honour into it.` (Rev. 2124)

Three groups there, and all under Christ`s rule, all children of God. Each realm that Christ created will have His rulership and those whom He has promised, to be there.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biblically linguistics , there is a difference between the time frame of Daniels 70th week and the tribulation period, but colloquially those who accept Daniels 70th week as yet to come call the time the antichrist sdigns the trreatry with Israel till Jesus return as the tribulation.

Hi nolidad,

I was actually pointing out God`s purpose for each.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No where does Scripture say teh false prophet crowns the antichrist king of Israel.. He becomes world ruler after His resurrection but not king of Israel specifically
No, it doesn't, agreed. The only mention of the false prophet is in Revelation and even then it is for the second half of the 7 years.

So where do I come up with my position? It is because the false prophet performs miracles, like Elijah of calling fire down from heaven. And in Judaism, part of their belief is that the messiah will anointed the King of Israel by a known prophet, same as Saul and David by Samuel, and Solomon by Nathan.

The person you are calling the Antichrist, would be more appropriately called the arch villain of the end times because of the many roles he goes through. Being the King of Israel is the Antichrist role.

Differently, being the little horn, and then later the beast in Revelation, the person is the 7th and 8th king of Revelation 17:10-11, of the Roman Empire in the end times. Definitely no longer the King of Israel, when he becomes the beast.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

The Body of Christ will rule from `mount Zion` in the third heaven. (Rev. 3: 21)
The spirits of just men, (& women) will be in the city part of the New Jerusalem that comes DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN. (Heb. 11: 16) (I think you missed these ones)
Then there are the nations on the New earth, which you seem to have forgotten.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honour into it.` (Rev. 2124)

Three groups there, and all under Christ`s rule, all children of God. Each realm that Christ created will have His rulership and those whom He has promised, to be there.

Marilyn.

Are you claiming there will be those who are not a part of the Church, in the passage above?

Most Dispensationalists talk about Two Peoples of God, but you have invented Three Peoples of God.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

In the passage below we find that the promise to the Old Testament Saints is the same as ours.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

In the passage below Christ tells Nicodemus that nobody will inherit the Kingdom of God, without being "born-again" of the Spirit of God. This would include the Old Testament Saints.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

We find below that even the Old Testament Saints were indwelled with the Spirit.

Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

These passages kill your Three Peoples of God invention.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is Daniel 9 about the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34?

Daniel 9, in my view is about the mystery of God as he declared to his servants the prophets. Daniel was one of those prophets.

The mystery of God will be finished in the days of the voice of the seventh angel.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 9, in my view is about the mystery of God as he declared to his servants the prophets. Daniel was one of those prophets.

The mystery of God will be finished in the days of the voice of the seventh angel.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

If you have to ignore the promise of the New Covenant to make your doctrine work, what you are promoting cannot be correct.

In the NKJV the Old Testament text is written in Uppercase letters and reveals that Christ has already fulfilled the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you have to ignore the promise of the New Covenant to make your doctrine work, what you are promoting cannot be correct.
Why would I have to ignore the New Covenant in Christ to make my view work? Do you believe that the mystery of God is just the New Covenant?

Quoting passages from the Bible of what the New Covenant is to a Christian, especially on this forum, what is the point of that?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would I have to ignore the New Covenant in Christ to make my view work? Do you believe that the mystery of God is just the New Covenant?

Quoting passages from the Bible of what the New Covenant is to a Christian, especially on this forum, what is the point of that?

What is the point of preaching the New Covenant?

The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 should be one of our greatest tools in taking the Gospel to modern Orthodox Jews.
However, the promoters of your doctrine try to ignore it.

The Jewish man in the video below had to find the promise of the New Covenant on his own.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 should be one of our greatest tools in taking the Gospel to modern Orthodox Jews.
However, the promoters of your doctrine try to ignore it.
What is your evidence of that claim?

I thought you were the one claiming to be Israel and a Jew?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your evidence of that claim?

I thought you were the one claiming to be Israel and a Jew?

At one time my wife and I were members of a conservative Bible church, which taught the Two Peoples of God doctrine.
During a period of about 5 years we never heard a Sunday School lesson, or a sermon, on the New Covenant.
Why not?
It is because an understanding of the New Covenant kills the Two Peoples of God doctrine.

Do you not know the difference between a Jew who Paul described in Romans 2:28-29, and an adherent to modern Orthodox Judaism?

Upvote 0