The Day the Dinosaurs Died

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And for the record, I neither watched the video, nor read the article; but I guess I'll have to, so I can pick it apart.

Have a bit of dignity for a change and spare yourself the embarrassment.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The asteroid.

It was a global flood.

There was no global flood. There's zero evidence for one, and numerous lines of evidence against one.

How does a Flood explain subaerial igneous deposits?
How does a Flood address all the heat that would be produced by the formation of limestone?
How does the Flood explain trace fossils?
How does the Flood explain faunal succession?
How does the Flood explain 60,000 varve layers in Lake Suigetsu and hundreds of thousands of layers in ice cores?
How does the Flood explain glacial erosion and deposits?
How does Flood explain eolian deposits and paleosols?
How does the Flood explain meanders like Horseshoe bend?
How does the Flood explain the different states of erosion exhibited by different mountain ranges?
How does the Flood explain batholiths?
Why did RATE admit there was 500,000,000 years worth of radioactive decay in the geological record?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are discussing an asteroid impact 66 million years ago. The program was partly about the drilling rig collecting and analysing core samples of the peak ring of the impact site. If you are denying such an impact occured I have no wish to discuss it any further with you.

Denial of the Pg-T extinction event is one thing. Denial of the Chicxulub crater is just laughable.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
We are discussing an asteroid impact 66 million years ago. The program was partly about the drilling rig collecting and analysing core samples of the peak ring of the impact site. If you are denying such an impact occured I have no wish to discuss it any further with you.

Oh, you only discuss and debate with people who agree with you. Forgive me.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
There was no global flood. There's zero evidence for one, and numerous lines of evidence against one.

How does a Flood explain subaerial igneous deposits?
How does a Flood address all the heat that would be produced by the formation of limestone?
How does the Flood explain trace fossils?
How does the Flood explain faunal succession?
How does the Flood explain 60,000 varve layers in Lake Suigetsu and hundreds of thousands of layers in ice cores?
How does the Flood explain glacial erosion and deposits?
How does Flood explain eolian deposits and paleosols?
How does the Flood explain meanders like Horseshoe bend?
How does the Flood explain the different states of erosion exhibited by different mountain ranges?
How does the Flood explain batholiths?
Why did RATE admit there was 500,000,000 years worth of radioactive decay in the geological record?

Okay.. I'll pick one.....explain fossils. Normal biological issue decomposes when it dies...it doesn't fossilize. A sudden flood that dropped an instant significant layer of silt on biological material that dies almost suddenly and blocking to the oxygen and other gasses needed for decomposing could explain why there is a sudden layer of fossilized animals.

Your turn. Explain sea shell fossils at the top of mountains (Mt Everest for example).
and how there was soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil that supposedly died over seventy five million years ago.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you only discuss and debate with people who agree with you. Forgive me.

Not at all, but didn't you agree with AV earlier that the asteroid impact didn't happen? If you're merely saying that you don't accept the findings of the investigation, that's fine, I'll happily discuss it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Not at all, but didn't you agree with AV earlier that the asteroid impact didn't happen? If you're merely saying that you don't accept the findings of the investigation, that's fine, I'll happily discuss it.
Nope...I disagreed with the title of this thread ... the Day the Dinosaurs Died. There are asteroid craters all over this earth but we are only guessing as to when they hit ...excuse me ... collided with the earth or what happened as a result of that collision unless we witnessed them or have the written record of someone else witnessing them

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope...I disagreed with the title of this thread ... the Day the Dinosaurs Died. There are asteroid craters all over this earth but we are only guessing as to when they hit ...excuse me ... collided with the earth or what happened as a result of that collision unless we witnessed them or have the written record of someone else witnessing them

I take it you're not a geologist then?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Denial of the Pg-T extinction event is one thing. Denial of the Chicxulub crater is just laughable.

Off topic...but I am highly curious why you have a picture of you with an IV catheter as your profile pic. Do tell the significance.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
OK...after reading the article, I have two questions. How on earth did any life survive that? and why weren't all the living things (including dinosaur bones) incinerated instantly?
It would have been a mess but life could and did survive. I don't belive it was a meteorite that killed off the dinosaurs, I think it was their small brains relative to their large bodies as well as scarcity of food.

Anyway, I live near the Chesapeake Bay which was the site of another large impact 35,000,000 years ago.

Chesapeake Bay impact crater - Wikipedia

metior.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
No I'm not. Which is why I don't claim to know more about the subject than people who've dedicated their lives to it's study.

So why challenge me on my background? Did you post on the debate/discussion section of a Christian forum in hopes that a large group of trained geologists would want to discuss this?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Okay.. I'll pick one.....explain fossils. Normal biological issue decomposes when it dies...it doesn't fossilize. A sudden flood that dropped an instant significant layer of silt on biological material that dies almost suddenly and blocking to the oxygen and other gasses needed for decomposing could explain why there is a sudden layer of fossilized animals.

Your turn. Explain sea shell fossils at the top of mountains (Mt Everest for example).
and how there was soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil that supposedly died over seventy five million years ago.
Because Mt Everest was once the sea floor, it's been pushed up and still rising due to the ongoing movement of the landmass.

climbing-mount-everest-3.gif

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Evidently asteroids are fragile too.

And if an asteroid hit the earth (not the other way around), are they saying the earth is stationary in space?

If two cars collide, does that mean that one of them had to be standing still?

Upvote 0