evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The obvious similarities between Trump and well-known 20th century fascists has been noted repeatedly. The question is, what do you do about that? Trying to convince people that Trump is like Hitler just plain hasn't worked, despite the extremely direct rhetorical parallels in their speech.
This author suggests we ignore it.
Instead, point out that Trump is a loser who has lost repeatedly and whose narrative depends on perpetual victimhood. Point out that he is swamped in legal cases where he is already found guilty (NY civil fraud case), plainly guilty by his own public admissions (documents case), and again guilty by his own admission (J6 conspiracy to commit fraud/ false electors).

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
whose narrative depends on perpetual victimhood.
Because of the Russian collusion lie that every Republican knew was a lie Trump will have the support of many because they think this is another witch hunt like the last. The more aggressive the left is the more the base will support Trump including Independents because of victimhood.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The obvious similarities between Trump and well-known 20th century fascists has been noted repeatedly. The question is, what do you do about that? Trying to convince people that Trump is like Hitler just plain hasn't worked, despite the extremely direct rhetorical parallels in their speech.
Hitler had quite a following. I suspect there are more than a few citizens who would prefer fascism if it were called by any other name.
Instead, point out that Trump is a loser who has lost repeatedly and whose narrative depends on perpetual victimhood. Point out that he is swamped in legal cases where he is already found guilty (NY civil fraud case), plainly guilty by his own public admissions (documents case), and again guilty by his own admission (J6 conspiracy to commit fraud/ false electors).

Over on X, formerly known as Twitter, there are a few humorous hashtags, most having to do with fragrance.

Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have to disagree. I believe if he is found guilty he will go to prison. I watched a prominent man in the legal field being interviewed and he said he would go to prison depending on what he is found guilty of and will not be able to run the country.
I am an x follower of trump and the 2016 election did some of us a big favor exposing the true trump inside. I agreed with his plans for the u s and he followed through with them. But his immaturity, vindictiveness, ruthlessness, etc, and there's so much more has been a warning for us. I do not believe he is a Christian and i have to look at it as Jesus wishes us to. We should not knowingly elect an ungodly, immoral and so many things person to run the country. He's openly a liar and practices sin. Now that we know about him how can we support him? What will you say to God for your choice.knowing from the start but ignoring all of it to bring him in?
So That's what's really bad. I stood for most of what he wanted to achieve but as an honest honorable Christian he isn't. What's more important, support for God or man and country.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A similar approach : Don’t Fight the Fascists. Laugh at Them.

And honestly, how hard is it to just dismissively laugh at a group which has attached near-religious hope to a washed up ex-reality TV star who had to be reminded not to stare at the sun during an eclipse? I get that they'd be desperate for the affirmation from having the latest made up excuse for dear leader be taken seriously but really, it's just more of the same excuses. A quick chuckle and head shake and move on to things which aren't obviously absurd.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. I do not believe he is a Christian and i have to look at it as Jesus wishes us to. We should not knowingly elect an ungodly, immoral and so many things person to run the country.
I won't judge his beliefs that's only between him and God because I know that I don't act like a Christian most of the time. Everything else you said is exactly how I feel about him. Spot on!

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the solution to Trump is to keep making sure he has enough rope and it will take care of itself. If we are lucky, he’ll end up in jail and that will cause a hemorrhage of voters. At least, I hope it will, since a president leading the country from jail is something totally unpalatable to just about everybody.

Trump making himself a victim will, eventually, get old to all but his most die hard contingent, which also happens to be the easiest contingent to write off.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The obvious similarities between Trump and well-known 20th century fascists has been noted repeatedly.

And poorly.

The question is, what do you do about that?

Perhaps stop.

I mean...what exactly is the similarity? He's not arguing for racist policies...that's the Democratic Party. He's not arguing for perpetual war....that's the Democratic Party.
He's not chasing jews around campuses and telling them that they deserve genocide...that's the Democratic Party.

Trying to convince people that Trump is like Hitler just plain hasn't worked, despite the extremely direct rhetorical parallels in their speech.

Extremely direct rhetorical parallels. I've seen some rather creative interpretations of things he's said....but no extremely direct rhetorical parallels.

I agree.

Instead, point out that Trump is a loser who has lost repeatedly and whose narrative depends on perpetual victimhood.

Hilarious. Perhaps that's why so many seem to be shifting towards supporting him...including key demographics necessary for Biden to win. It's because being a victim is the highest honor the left can give you.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ask voters to do what Jesus would do. Would he vote for trump?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Because of the Russian collusion lie that every Republican knew was a lie Trump will have the support of many because they think this is another witch hunt like the last. The more aggressive the left is the more the base will support Trump including Independents because of victimhood.
Yes, Trump will have the support of almost all of the MAGA Republicans; almost all of those who think that there was nothing wrong with what happened on Jan 6th, almost all of those who believe that Trump won the last election, and probably most of those that think that Elvis is still alive. Unfortunately, the total of these groups isn't enough to elect.

The only (and very possible way) that Trump gets elected is for immigration to continue to be the #1 issue, and for Trump to continue to attack minorities and immigrants. I am NOT criticizing him. This is a viable strategy that might very well work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A similar approach : Don’t Fight the Fascists. Laugh at Them.

And honestly, how hard is it to just dismissively laugh at a group which has attached near-religious hope to a washed up ex-reality TV star who had to be reminded not to stare at the sun during an eclipse? I get that they'd be desperate for the affirmation from having the latest made up excuse for dear leader be taken seriously but really, it's just more of the same excuses. A quick chuckle and head shake and move on to things which aren't obviously absurd.
The problem is we the publicans have no one else, or do we?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shhh! People might realize he's secretly Kato!

-- A2SG, great, now I have that Flight of the Bumblebee song stuck in my head....
Lol, Green Hornet, I like martial arts movies I even watch Chinese movies on YouTube because of the kung fu also love their ancient architecture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

evoeth

Mar 5, 2014
✟130,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The only (and very possible way) that Trump gets elected is for immigration to continue to be the #1 issue, and for Trump to continue to attack minorities and immigrants. I am NOT criticizing him. This is a viable strategy that might very well work.
Immigration is simply not the number one issue.
Immigration is a middling issue nationally, and highly polarizing. You don't win a national election by flogging an issue like this.

1706301448082.png

Upvote 0

evoeth

Mar 5, 2014
✟130,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I mean...what exactly is the similarity? He's not arguing for racist policies...that's the Democratic Party. He's not arguing for perpetual war....that's the Democratic Party.
He's not chasing jews around campuses and telling them that they deserve genocide...that's the Democratic Party.
Trump's words in Nov 2023: “The threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous and grave than the threat from within.”
Trump's planned policy action to do it: He's arguing for consolidation of government power within the executive as a purge of the distributed power of the bureaucracy, whom he sees as an enemy. And conservative organizations are rushing to make it happen.

How's that for some outright authoritarian power-grabbing?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That seems optimistic.
I guess God placed Hitler in power in Germany to accomplish his goals.
Ditto for Stalin.
Romans 13:1, I don't understand either but someday I will. Maybe it's to usher in the end times.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump's words in Nov 2023: “The threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous and grave than the threat from within.”
Trump's planned policy action to do it: He's arguing for consolidation of government power within the executive as a purge of the distributed power of the bureaucracy, whom he sees as an enemy. And conservative organizations are rushing to make it happen.

This is light on quotes...heavy on speculation.

How's that for some outright authoritarian power-grabbing?

"In his 155-page ruling, Doughty wrote: "The Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the Government has used its power to silence the opposition. Opposition to COVID-19 vaccines; opposition to COVID-19 masking and lockdowns; opposition to the lab-leak theory of COVID-19; opposition to the validity of the 2020 election; opposition to President Biden’s policies; statements that the Hunter Biden laptop story was true; and opposition to policies of the government officials in power. All were suppressed. It is quite telling that each example or category of suppressed speech was conservative in nature. This targeted suppression of conservative ideas is a perfect example of viewpoint discrimination of political speech. American citizens have the right to engage in free debate about the significant issues affecting the country."
He continued: "If the allegations made by plaintiffs are true, the present case arguably involves the most massive attack against free speech in United States' history. The plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the government has used its power to silence the opposition."[14]

Government agencies covered by the injunction included the Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services, State Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the FBI.[16] In addition to numerous social media companies, the injunction blocks the government from communicating with three academic programs at Stanford University and the University of Washington that study the spread of misinformation online: the Election Integrity Partnership, the Virality Project, and the Stanford Internet Observatory.

Hmmmm...so we have a choice between a president who might abuse power...and one who almost certainly already is abusing power.

Tough choice.

Upvote 0