Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely dear friend, Truly truly JESUS says to us unless we are born again we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7. John says those who are born again do not practice sin in 1 John 3:6-9 and those who do have neither seen him or know him and are not being truthful in 1 John 2:3-4. This is God's new covenant promise from Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27. God's salvation is from sin not to continue practicing sin *John 8:31-36.

So you believe you no longer sin then?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well thank you for the compliments dear friend, but no I cannot take any credit for the scriptures shared with you in post # 257 linked and elsewhere, as they are God's Word not mine that says God's ISRAEL are all those who believe and follow God's Word in the new covenant and we are all now one in Christ in the new covenant promise. *Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29; Ephesians 2:11-13; Galatians 3:28-29; Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13; Romans 11:13-27; Hebrews 8:10-12. Sorry dear friend these are Gods' Word not mine but it seems you do not believe them because they disagree with your teachings? Of course you are free to believe as you wish. I prefer the bible so there can be no agreement with us here. So we will have to agree to disagree.

Well just because you are a lousy exegete and use a faulty hermeneutic- doesn't make the body of Christ "Gods' Israel" or trhe new Israel or anything else you may say that connotes the Body of Christ as a new Israel. It just ain't so!

No. If they believed and followed God's Word then the would not be blind. These were "unbelieving ISRAEL" who were the branches that were broken off (cast out of God's ISRAEL) that Gentile believers can be grafted in. Read the scripture context your leaving out which is found in Romans 11:16-22.

So now you are saying Israel in this passage in romans 11 is Israel but the all Israel is not Israel? WOW!

• Winner
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Time will tell dear friend. Gods' Word are God's they are not mine. Of course you are free to believe as you wish and I do not judge you and you should not judge me *Romans 2:1-13 as we all answer only to God come judgement day for the words of God we accept or reject *John 12:47-48

I do not judge as per your salvation. I do judge your faulty understanding as dangerous and flawed and causes you to look at Scripture with rose colored jangled glasses that causes you to most likely misunderstand so much of Scripture if you are like so many others who believe in replacement theology.

Actually no. Galatians 6:16 is talking to "believers" not "unbelievers". Gods Israel according to the new covenant scriptures *Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29; Ephesians 2:11-13; Galatians 3:28-29; Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13; Romans 11:13-27; Hebrews 8:10-12 is defined as all those who believe and follow Gods' Word *John 10:26-27. Gentiles are now grafted in according to Romans 11:13-27. If we are now a part of Gods' Israel we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12.

Yes it is talking about believers. But what you fail in is your lack of understanding sentence structure. This is a compound sentence and is referring to two groups of people.

1. To those who walk according to this rule (gentile believers)
2. And to the Israel of God also! (Jewish believers)

Even though Paul said we are all one in christ and there is no Jew, greek slave, free male or female- He also said those distinctions still are here. And Paul showed those distinctions often!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes the Old Testament was the Mosaic Law and its 613 commands. Scripture also declares Jesus fuflilled it (thus ending it) and that it is old and obsolete!

Scripture also declares the Mosaic Law was for the nation of Israel alone and those heathen who converted to Judaism. It was never intended for the Gentile nations at all!

Israel did not obey it that is why god is going to make a new covenant with the nation of Israel "after those days" as is written i Jeremiah 31.

Do you think God invented the law at Har Sinai? There were covenants before Sinai...

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian