Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Which one will move forward into importance and enforcement?

The antisemitism definition is the legal standard, whether or not the Labour party accepts it as their own internal standard

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The antisemitism definition is the legal standard, whether or not the Labour party accepts it as their own internal standard
You know, we have laws that are enforced and others that remain on the books but rarely enforced. Again I ask, which one will gain importance and be enforced?

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,860.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
timg

Expanding Like great Babylon?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You know, we have laws that are enforced and others that remain on the books but rarely enforced. Again I ask, which one will gain importance and be enforced?

Neither, really. There are probably roughly equal measures of anti-semitism and Islamaphobia at the present time, though not by the same groups.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

But please remember that 'London' is now a very large area, it takes in much of what used to be the 'Home' Counties. It is not the tiny area it used to be. It is now 607+ sq. miles with a resident population of over 8 million. It is some 140 sq. miles larger than New York City and currently has a similar number of residents. 'London' can increase its size by simply taking in more of the Home Counties. Any Mayor of London will want to make it larger to warrant their high salary and political power base. Most of my home County of Middlesex is now 'West London', even though I was born in North London! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
But please remember that 'London' is now a very large area, it takes in much of what used to be the 'Home' Counties. It is not the tiny area it used to be. It is now 607+ sq. miles with a resident population of over 8 million. It is some 140 sq. miles larger than New York City and currently has a similar number of residents. 'London' can increase its size by simply taking in more of the Home Counties. Any Mayor of London will want to make it larger to warrant their high salary and political power base. Most of my home County of Middlesex is now 'West London', even though I was born in North London! :)
...so more than 20% of the population could, in the near future, be muslim.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not only the UK but other countries in Europe that have taken in refugees. Germany is a prime example with hundreds of thousands taken in. Following is an older map but it begins to give a glimpse of how and where these refugees are settling. I've lived half of my life in Europe and it's not the same any more. EU migration: Crisis in seven charts

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In the 2011 census Office for National Statistics, the proportion of Muslims in London had risen to 12.4% of the population of which is 8 million, you say. ADD 1.5 million from the news article I presented, and that gets real close to 20%.

Do you have no go zones? Islam & London -- Jihad Is Bred in No-Go Zones | National Review

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In the 2011 census Office for National Statistics, the proportion of Muslims in London had risen to 12.4% of the population of which is 8 million, you say. ADD 1.5 million from the news article I presented, and that gets real close to 20%.

Do you have no go zones? Islam & London -- Jihad Is Bred in No-Go Zones | National Review

Your 'could be Muslims' means that they 'could be' atheists, pagans, Christians, Jews, and all manner of religions, or of none. That is what I was questioning. Could be equally means could not be :)

There have a few instances reported of no-go areas, but they were trodden on by the authorities immediately they knew of them. No go areas are not allowed, regardless of which religion might want them, wherever they might appear in the country. On rare occasions no-go areas are licensed for particular events to keep out right wing extremists and other undesirables; those licensed areas can be for any religious group.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Speakers Corner is just that - a place where speakers can go and spew forth on whatever they wish with the proviso that what they say must not be incitement to violence in relation to race, creed, colour, sexual orientation etc., or insurrection /sedition. Proscribed organisations may not use the facility and neither may their philosophy be spoken by individuals.

At Speakers' Corner, speakers have to put up with whatever verbal abuse is aimed at them - if they can't then it's best not to be there! That is why it is called Speakers' Corner. Physical abuse is not tolerated by the authorities. The policy is that we have the right to free speech in the UK, with the caveats mentioned being enforced, and Speakers' Corner maintains that right.

There is no law in the UK against praying on the street provided you are not cauisng an obstruction to the lawful use of that area by other people. Muslims have used sections of roads before for outdoor services, in the UK, for which a licence has been granted, in much the same way that Christians can, as also other faith groups, or secular groups. Christian groups when working outside sometimes have people on the perimeter of the group to ensure that other people can pass by (ie so that they are in the area covered by the licence granted them). Provided all groups remain with the law and the teaching is not an incitement to violence in relation to race, creed colour, sexual orientation, or insurrection / sedition it is lawful.

In all such cases if violence is seen the authorities will either maintain order or, as a last result, will simply close down the meeting / prayers, whatever. Groups that have a record of violence surrounding them, because of their message, are unlikely to gain a licence in the future. Licences are granted by the local Council and relate to one 'event' - blanket licences do not exist; Speakers' Corner is an (probably, only) exception. Violence does happen at meetings sometimes - it would be a fool who says it doesn't happen - but it is dealt with and the perpetrators are taken to court, using official CCTV where necessary.

That is why I said I am glad I am English! We have simple laws that apply to all, and will be enforced against all, if necessary. It realy confuses me when I look at the UK and America see how the Americans attack the UK all the time on here. Many (most) US citizens see the UK as being a mini-USA, in both government and lifestyle. May it never, ever, be! We are not! We are not perfect, but we value simple freedoms, which is why Brexit was so popular and gives us, again, the right to self determination as a country, and no longer subservient to an increasingly invasive big brother.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Speakers' Corner

A Speakers' Corner is an area where open-air public speaking, debate, and discussion are allowed. The original and most noted is in the northeast corner of Hyde Park in London, England.

Speakers' Corner - Wikipedia

ALBERT PIKE: “We control Islam & we'll use It to destroy the west ” WW3

Tommy Robinson Rolls Up To The Corner, Martin Sellner Speech | Speakers Corner Hyde Park

Speakers' Corner: Free Speech event

Upvote 0