The Canterbury Alehouse - The Fellowship Thr(3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fish and Bread said:
Sounds good, as long as it's cheeseless. I don't eat cheese. :) I'll take plenty of mushrooms, pepperoni slices, sausage segments, black olives, and onions on it, though! :)

John

:sick: How are we EVER going to share a pizza?

Can you order a second pizza for the arrival end, higgs? :)

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Fish and Bread said:
On Saturday, I will moving out to Arizona, which, not uncoincidentally, is also the state in which Lel (Not her real name :)) resides. She and I are in the mists of a romantic relationship, which is the primary reason for my sudden jaunt to the other end of the country. :) I'm even willing to put myself under the spiritual authority of a bishop who carries around a puppet... see where love gets you? ;)

Actually, all kidding aside, I am quite excited about the move. It's a time of great hope and opportunity for both of us and we're both looking forward to finding out what life has in store for us. There are certainly things I will miss greatly about Maryland, but nothing is without cost and, ultimately, I think the benefits far outweigh the non-benefits. I found a nice sports bar to watch all the Baltimore Ravens games at and I am told that there are approximately 30 (!) Episcopal parishes within driving distance to choose from. People tell me I won't appreciate the 120 degree summer heat, but that's why God gave us air conditioning. :) And in the winter time, I'd imagine the heat might even be considered a benefit!

John
WOW! How exciting! How romantic! I was hoping it was something like that -- but of course, I'm way too polite to actually come out and *ask*...!!!

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Lel said:
Lol....virtual furniture....virtual china....there isn't any of that kinda stuff!

So whatcha wanna know about the move, higgs? (I'm working on the move from the arrival end, so if you want to know about this end, I'm here.) Suffice it to say that "but it's a dry heat" doesn't mean squat when it's 120 outside. :p
Well, I was thinking that he was moving to your vicinity, but wasn't sure, and of course, not wanting to be *nosy*, but still very curious, I floated the question out there and found out -- yay! How exciting!

I know about the "dry heat", having lived in Arizona a few times. 120 degrees is hhoooootttt.

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Lel said:
:sick: How are we EVER going to share a pizza?

Can you order a second pizza for the arrival end, higgs? :)
Yeah, sure. What'll you have?

You guys just might need to do 2 mediums instead of one large from now on. My 8 year old son likes pizza with no cheese. And *with* pepperoni and jalapenos! I can't share with him either.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
higgs2 said:
WOW! How exciting! How romantic! I was hoping it was something like that -- but of course, I'm way too polite to actually come out and *ask*...!!!

It is very exciting. :) That is exactly what it is, one of those stories of romance and stuff.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
higgs2 said:
Well, I was thinking that he was moving to your vicinity, but wasn't sure, and of course, not wanting to be *nosy*, but still very curious, I floated the question out there and found out -- yay! How exciting!

I know about the "dry heat", having lived in Arizona a few times. 120 degrees is hhoooootttt.

Yes, your suspicions are correct. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated. ;)

As for the pizza, we can't do half and half, as my half must have cheese on it, and his pizza cannot have cheese on it. So we'll have to do separate pizzas. Oh, the tribulations of sharing with someone!

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Lel said:
It is very exciting. :) That is exactly what it is, one of those stories of romance and stuff.
I'm so happy for you! I have had my stories of romance but now my stories are about being a mother of three young kids. And they are *great* stories, don't get me wrong, i wouldn't want any other stories right now for myself. But I can really enjoy and appreciate the excitement and romance in your story right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
higgs2 said:
I'm so happy for you! I have had my stories of romance but now my stories are about being a mother of three young kids. And they are *great* stories, don't get me wrong, i wouldn't want any other stories right now for myself. But I can really enjoy and appreciate the excitement and romance in your story right now.

Yeah, I have to say, I've found a wonderful gentleman. :)

I'm sure it is different being a parent, I can just imagine, having seen it with friends and the like. I wonder how people do rekindle romance with little ones underfoot! Ah, there's a few more years for that though!

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
higgs2 said:
Well, you could try half with and half without cheese, I suppose.

That never works out right. Cheese always creeps over to the cheeseless half somehow. It's hard enough convincing the pizza people that I really mean no cheese and not "just a little cheese" or "just cheese on the crust" or something. Half the time they still bring me the wrong thing, even after an extensive conversation. That's why I generally prefer to order Chinese, which never contains cheese. :)

John

Upvote 0

lunamoth

Apr 29, 2004
✟7,719.00
Faith
Anglican
Well, here I am rather new to this forum (actually I lurk from time to time) and not only do I find Lel a freshly comfirmed Episcopalian, but also in the thralls of a blossoming romance! Most excellent! Congratualtions! Hope I'm not overstepping any boundries here as a newbie, but you all seem quite friendly. :)

I was baptized into the Episcopal Church but was not part of it for many years. I've recently "come home." Feels great. The only thing is that now that I've found a church home I love here in Missouri, we will be soon moving to Denver! Anyone from Denver around here?

cheers,
lunamoth

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
lunamoth said:
Well, here I am rather new to this forum (actually I lurk from time to time) and not only do I find Lel a freshly comfirmed Episcopalian, but also in the thralls of a blossoming romance! Most excellent! Congratualtions! Hope I'm not overstepping any boundries here as a newbie, but you all seem quite friendly. :)

Boundaries? What's that? :p The only boundaries are no talking cricket...wait...that's not a boundary either!

I was baptized into the Episcopal Church but was not part of it for many years. I've recently "come home." Feels great. The only thing is that now that I've found a church home I love here in Missouri, we will be soon moving to Denver! Anyone from Denver around here?

cheers,
lunamoth

Well, if we're ever in Denver, we'll have to say hello! :wave: And thanks for the congrats!

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Hey, welcome! I think you'll like it here. So, I'm ordering pizza -- are you a cheese or no-cheese pizza person?

<I'm wondering where the Alehouse chef is, we usually get in trouble for ordering pizza>

lunamoth said:

cheers,
lunamoth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lunamoth said:

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the Episcopal Church! It's always nice to have more people, both on the forum and in the church. So, I'm curious, in the time that you were away, did a lot about the church appear to change? Or is it basically the same place it was when you left?

John

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.