The Canterbury Alehouse - The Fellowship Thr(3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcleanj

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner
Mar 24, 2004
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟7,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Anybody got a can of that WD-40 we offer Chrisbot whenever he comes around?

I had my first ballet class of the semester on Wednesday night, and every joint I've got is creaking this morning. It's always worse the second day after...

If I could overcome this blasted addiction to sleep, I could get up in time to stretch and do a barre every morning, and still get the laundry done and the lunches made before work.

Then I could be pain-free, flexible ..... slim! ..... beautiful! ... and dogs and cats would realize the vision of true peace and lie down together, peace would fall over Palestine ... planning engineers would follow established process ... all evil-doers would repent of their ways and American TV would be sensitive, insightful and intelligent ...

(Might as well wish for all unlikelihoods together!)

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
pmcleanj said:
Anybody got a can of that WD-40 we offer Chrisbot whenever he comes around?

I had my first ballet class of the semester on Wednesday night, and every joint I've got is creaking this morning. It's always worse the second day after...

If I could overcome this blasted addiction to sleep, I could get up in time to stretch and do a barre every morning, and still get the laundry done and the lunches made before work.

Then I could be pain-free, flexible ..... slim! ..... beautiful! ... and dogs and cats would realize the vision of true peace and lie down together, peace would fall over Palestine ... planning engineers would follow established process ... all evil-doers would repent of their ways and American TV would be sensitive, insightful and intelligent ...

(Might as well wish for all unlikelihoods together!)

And England will win the ashes in Cricket, their football team will get beaten by Northern Ireland. and Scotland will win two games in a row :D :D :D :D

Hang on a minute....

Upvote 0

pmcleanj

Mar 24, 2004
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟7,281.00
Faith
Anglican
TomUK said:
No idea what that means, but i'm assuming it's biting! :p
That's alright. I had to have one of my engineers explain to me what the Ashes are and why anyone would want to win them. Seems awfully Australian, to name a championship after an act of apallingly bad sportsmanship.

Lord Stanley was our Governor General 'way back when, who gave a silver cup as an annual award for the best hockey team in the world. To Canadians, of course, that always meant either the Montreal Canadiens, or the Toronto Maple Leafs (there were three or four other inconsequential teams from obscure places, too, but they didn't count :D ).

Since expansion, of course, the best hockey teams are the Calgary Flames and/or the Edmonton Oilers, and we try to keep the Stanley cup from sliding too far toward the east. Certainly, it hasn't been won by the Maple Leafs in a longish time -- long enough for it to be a default punch-line to jokes about unlikely events.

Now, I do know about Northern Island beating England -- by one point, was it not? Comes from having too many internationals in the office from various points of the commonwealth. But what game is it that Scotland is going to/has won twice?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good evening all!

Well, Maryland lost today, but they put up a good fight. I think Hollenbach to Davis is going to be a hookup that's going to score us a lot of points over the course of this season and next. We're definitely an improved team from 2004, though our record doesn't indicate it as of yet.

John

Upvote 0

Timothy

Mad Anglican geek at large
Jan 1, 2004
Birmingham.... [Bur-min'-um]
✟17,765.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
*sticks a turkey stuffed with sage-and-onion stuffing and his favourite lemon and mushroom stuffing into the Alehouse ovens on LOW!*

Time to start the celebratory meal... we won the ashes! Wheewhoo!

Timothy

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Fish and Bread said:
Good evening all!

Well, Maryland lost today, but they put up a good fight. I think Hollenbach to Davis is going to be a hookup that's going to score us a lot of points over the course of this season and next. We're definitely an improved team from 2004, though our record doesn't indicate it as of yet.

John

Good afternoon! I have no idea what you're talking about, not being a football (?) fan. But I am curious --tell us about your upcoming move -- I think I read something about it in another thread?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pmcleanj

Mar 24, 2004
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟7,281.00
Faith
Anglican
higgs2 said:
Good afternoon! I have no idea what you're talking about, not being a football (?) fan. But I am curious --tell us about your upcoming move -- I think I read something about it in another thread?
Yes! Can we help you pack? We'll lift all the virtual furniture, and box the virtual china!

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
pmcleanj said:
Yes! Can we help you pack? We'll lift all the virtual furniture, and box the virtual china!

Lol....virtual furniture....virtual china....there isn't any of that kinda stuff!

So whatcha wanna know about the move, higgs? (I'm working on the move from the arrival end, so if you want to know about this end, I'm here.) Suffice it to say that "but it's a dry heat" doesn't mean squat when it's 120 outside. :p

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
higgs2 said:
But I am curious --tell us about your upcoming move -- I think I read something about it in another thread?

On Saturday, I will moving out to Arizona, which, not uncoincidentally, is also the state in which Lel (Not her real name :)) resides. She and I are in the mists of a romantic relationship, which is the primary reason for my sudden jaunt to the other end of the country. :) I'm even willing to put myself under the spiritual authority of a bishop who carries around a puppet... see where love gets you? ;)

Actually, all kidding aside, I am quite excited about the move. It's a time of great hope and opportunity for both of us and we're both looking forward to finding out what life has in store for us. There are certainly things I will miss greatly about Maryland, but nothing is without cost and, ultimately, I think the benefits far outweigh the non-benefits. I found a nice sports bar to watch all the Baltimore Ravens games at and I am told that there are approximately 30 (!) Episcopal parishes within driving distance to choose from. People tell me I won't appreciate the 120 degree summer heat, but that's why God gave us air conditioning. :) And in the winter time, I'd imagine the heat might even be considered a benefit!

John

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
pmcleanj said:

Absolutely! All help is appreciated. :) Actually, though, there's not a whole lot of packing to do. I sent out two boxes of books, videos, and so forth and then will take a couple of bags of luggage with me to the airport and that's about it. I don't have too many material possessions that are worth paying the shipping rates to send them out there, one of the benefits of not having a lot of money! :)

Speaking of which, have my boxes arrived yet, Lel? :)

John

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.