• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Book of Hosea! verse by verse...

Discussion in 'Bible and Book Games' started by kerrylee, Jun 26, 2006.

1. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:7
    7 The merchant uses dishonest scales; he loves to defraud.

2. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:8
    8 Ephraim boasts, "I am very rich; I have become wealthy. With all my wealth they will not find in me any iniquity or sin."

3. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:9
    9 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt; I will make you live in tents again, as in the days of your appointed feasts.

4. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:10
    10 I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them."

5. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:11
    11 Is Gilead wicked? Its people are worthless! Do they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal? Their altars will be like piles of stones on a plowed field.

6. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:12
    12 Jacob fled to the country of Aram; Israel served to get a wife, and to pay for her he tended sheep.

7. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:13
    13 The LORD used a prophet to bring Israel up from Egypt, by a prophet he cared for him.

8. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 12:14
    14 But Ephraim has bitterly provoked him to anger; his Lord will leave upon him the guilt of his bloodshed and will repay him for his contempt.

9. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:1
    1 When Ephraim spoke, men trembled; he was exalted in Israel. But he became guilty of Baal worship and died.

10. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:2
    2 Now they sin more and more; they make idols for themselves from their silver, cleverly fashioned images, all of them the work of craftsmen. It is said of these people, "They offer human sacrifice and his the calf-idols."

11. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:3
    3 Therefore they will be like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears, like chaff swirling from a threshing floor, like smoke escaping through a window.

12. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:4
    4 "But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me.

13. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:5
    5 I cared for you in the desert, in the land of burning heat.

14. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:6
    6 When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me.

15. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:7
    7 So I will come upon them like a lion, like a leopard I will lurk by the path.

16. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:8
    8 Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and rip them open. Like a lion I will devour them; a wild animal will tear them apart.

17. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:9
    9 "You are destroyed, O Israel, because you are against me, against your helper.

18. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:10
    10 Where is your king, that he may save you? Where are your rulers in all your towns, of whom you said, 'Give me a king and princes'?

19. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:11
    11 So in my anger I gave you a king, and in my wrath I took him away.

20. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 13:12
    12 The guilt of Ephraim is stored up, his sins are kept on record.