• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Book of Hosea! verse by verse...

Discussion in 'Bible and Book Games' started by kerrylee, Jun 26, 2006.

1. kerrylee

kerrylee Well-Known Member

+36
    Christian
    Private
    Hosea 1:1
    This is God's Message to Hosea son of Beeri. It came to him during the royal reigns of Judah's kings Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah. This was also the time that Jeroboam son of Joash was king over Israel.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. worldwatcher

worldwatcher I want to meet you in heaven.

+431
    Christian
    Married
    Hosea 1:2
    The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.

3. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,273
    Protestant
    Married
    Hosea 1:3 (KJV)
    So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son.

4. doc329

doc329 In His Service Supporter

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 1:4 (KJV) And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

5. kerrylee

kerrylee Well-Known Member

+36
    Christian
    Private
    Hosea 1:5
    Payday is coming! I'm going to chop Israel's bows and arrows into kindling in the valley of Jezreel."

6. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 1:6 (KJV)
    And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

7. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,273
    Protestant
    Married
    Hosea 1:7 (KJV)
    But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.

8. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 1:8 (KJV) Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.

9. Glenda

Glenda More, Lord.. More of You..

+4,180
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hos 1:9 Then He said, Call his name Not My People, for you are not My people, and I will not be for you.

10. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 1:10 (KJV) Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

11. worldwatcher

worldwatcher I want to meet you in heaven.

+431
    Christian
    Married
    Hosea 1:11
    Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

12. Glenda

+4,180
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hos 2:1 Say to your brothers, A people; and to your sisters, Mercy.

13. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 2:2 (KJV) Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts;

14. Glenda

+4,180
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hos 2:3 that I not strip her naked and set her out as in the day that she was born, and make her as the wilderness, and place her like a dry land, and kill her with thirst.

15. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 2:4 (KJV) And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms.

16. Glenda

+4,180
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hos 2:5 For their mother has prostituted herself; she who conceived them has acted shamefully. For she said, I will go after my lovers who give my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.

17. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 2:6 (KJV) Therefore, behold, I will hedge up thy way with thorns, and make a wall, that she shall not find her paths.

18. Glenda

+4,180
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hos 2:7 And she shall follow after her lovers, but she shall not overtake them. And she shall look for them, but she shall not find them. Then she shall say, I will go and return to my first husband, for then it was better with me than now.

19. doc329

+33,862
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 2:8 (KJV) For she did not know that I gave her corn, and wine, and oil, and multiplied her silver and gold, which they prepared for Baal.

20. Glenda

+4,180
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hos 2:9 So I will return and take My grain in its time, and My wine in its season. And I will take back My wool and My flax she uses to cover her nakedness.