Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I prefer Star Trek's prediction of a cashless society better.
The Bible doesn't have enough space ships in it.

Yeah, well. There's dreaming about our preferences and then, just like in the Terminator movies, there's the rude awakening(s) that reality may hand to us as we move into the future. In fact, I'm reminded of this every business morning when my [blankety blank] techno-gizmo wakes me up. :cool:

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Cashless society may be the way to effect the issue of
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Ie if you do not worship the beast they will turn of your account at the bank

However it is not the mark as the mark has to do with worship

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

the mark is the counterfeit of the seal of GOD. So if the mark is the chip what is the seal of GOD?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...17 so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark—the name of the beast or the number of its name.….
So as long as we get the mark (implant) without the number or name of the beast, we're ok?

Reactions: ananda
Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good idea in some ways.
but "on" forehead and "on" right hand is not an implant, surely.

How do you get to sleep at night?
That is why I think it won't be a chip implanted. The latest craze is taking a picture of yourself with your phone. You have to blink to confirm the transaction so it is known you are not taking a picture of a picture. This is the best system they have come up with to keep hackers and tricksters away. I doubt they'll invent a more fool proof way. Think about that. You are using your hand to take a picture of your head. This fits both locations predicted. The biggest thing here is how this younger generation embraces this kind of thing. Smart devices are already their god and they will ignore all warnings. This is coming...no doubt. The question is when.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK lets assume you are correct on this mark issue.

Question if the chip is the mark of the beast then who is the beast? the person who invented the chip? the person who inserts it? the person who holds you down to insert it? WHO IS THE BEAST?
Good question. We don't know yet. Whoever the Beast is he will be good with technology. If he doesn't emerge until a long time from now he might even be technology....artificial inteligence? Does the Bible say he's a flesh and blood human? Perhaps since he gets injured but some things in Revelation aren't literal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can agree with your position, assuming that we don't equate the concept of "literal" with "real."
It so happens that Revelation 12 describes literally what was to be seen in the constellations within a window of 80 minutes.
This was Jesus' birth.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What if someone had a little too much to drink and wakes up the next morning with the mark of the beast? Like he/she couldn't remember getting it.. are they permanently doomed from ever being saved?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It so happens that Revelation 12 describes literally what was to be seen in the constellations within a window of 80 minutes.
This was Jesus' birth.

...are we sure that this isn't a Jewish reference to O.T. scriptures pertaining to the children of the Abrahamic promises?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What if someone had a little too much to drink and wakes up the next morning with the mark of the beast? Like he/she couldn't remember getting it.. are they permanently doomed from ever being saved?

No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Speaking as only the neighbor of the beast, America in particular has a long way to go before it's cashless but some nations like Sweden and the Netherlands are already 90% there. Are they going to be emisaries of Satan before America is or before Japan is? I note Japan because it's a particularly cash happy society relative to other nations.

The beast is very uneven in his distribution. It could be as big as a generation sized gap before some nations are as close as others.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...are we sure that this isn't a Jewish reference to O.T. scriptures pertaining to the children of the Abrahamic promises?
It was a real event in the year 3 BC (on our calendar).
It's off topic, but here's more about it:

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was a real event in the year 3 BC (on our calendar).
It off topic, but here's more about it:

Ok. I'll take a look at the video. I'm also familiar with Heiser; he has some interesting viewpoints. :cool:

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt the mark will be an implant.
A mark tends to be on the surface of something.
I think too many people would not accept an implant. That's why post #26 makes the most sense. Not many people have implants now but the blinking thing is gaining ground fast. In other words, the mark may be here NOW. It covers the hand and head so should be seriousely considered.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is why I think it won't be a chip implanted. The latest craze is taking a picture of yourself with your phone. You have to blink to confirm the transaction so it is known you are not taking a picture of a picture. This is the best system they have come up with to keep hackers and tricksters away. I doubt they'll invent a more fool proof way. Think about that. You are using your hand to take a picture of your head. This fits both locations predicted. The biggest thing here is how this younger generation embraces this kind of thing. Smart devices are already their god and they will ignore all warnings. This is coming...no doubt. The question is when.
Here it is. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten any comments yet......

Upvote 0