• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The asteroid set to hit Earth in 2870...

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Nick_Loves_Abba, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick_Loves_Abba

Nick_Loves_Abba Bulls On Parade

+45
    Christian
    Some people have seen the article on CNN.com, other's haven't. Here, if you haven't.

Is it possible that this could be the "wormwood" asteroid which is suppossed to his the oceans predicted in Revelations?

Again it's just a thought, and I'd like yours as well.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. sarkazma

sarkazma New Member

+0
    i suppose... ive been thinking that the "wormwood" would be an asteroid from the time i first saw it in the bible... so this seems kinda... right to me. but i think the end is much closer than 800 years away... so i tend to think this is not it. but you never know

3. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Possibly. Could be the wormwood or the mountain cast into the sea.
    And it could come sooner.
    Or it could miss entirely like that one in 1987 did.

4. Wildfire

Wildfire Member

+1
    Hi Nick, yes I have read about this. I have also learned (not to frighten anyone) that there is a "blind spot" in the universe where scientists cannot fortell what may be coming on the earth. So, while that asteroid has been detected, there are others that will not. CNN/space news or NASA are reliable resources.
    Upon reading Revelation, I have often associated "wormwood" as being a nuclear result.
    Wildfire

5. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

+0
    Please note the following sentence taken from the article:

"But Jon Giorgini, leader of a NASA team that tracked the asteroid, said that the odds of a collision are about 300 to one."

Based on that, it is rather unlikely that the asteroid is "wormwood". Now if you want to speculate wildly about the end of the world, it is much more fun to ponder on the claim that Chernobyl is Russian for "wormwood", though a search in an English-Russian dictionary reveals that the Russian for "wormwood" is "POIYN'PO'KAIA". If I got that wrong, then blame my lack of Russian, and the fact that I had to convert from the Cyrillic to the Roman alphabet.

6. Didymus

Didymus can t spell--can t type

+8
    Protestant
    interesting speculation but I plan on being dead by then anyway:D so i am not going to worry about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.