Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in Scripture do we find a singularized capital A Antichrist. In the passages in 1 John 2, 1 John 4, and 2 John 1 in which the word appears, it is decapitalized, in recognition that it does not refer to a singularized individual. This is reinforced in 1 John 2:18, which speaks of many antichrists. The remaining passages in 1 John and 2 John describe the characteristics whereby an antichrist can be recognized.

We see John say THAT anti-christ pointing to a singular man. You point has always been irrelative to me, because its a pointless point. It doesn't matter if we as a Church/Body of Christ decided to place ALL THE NAMES of this BEING under one name for commonality purposes. That's fine with me. Sine he is known by the Assyrian, the Little Horn, BEAST, Man of Sin, Man of Lawlessness, The Prince that shall come etc. etc. etc. I do not mind everyone calling him the Anti-Christ, that way we all understand who is being spoken off. we could call him CONCRETE as long as we all know who/what is being spoken of, that who he is not called the anti-christ with a CAPITAL A has always been deemed by me as an inconsequential uttering to be honest.

I say that John does say THAT anto-christ in one of his verses, thus speaking of THAT MAN, but it doesn't really matter. We as a Body of Christ are speaking of THE BEAST of Revelation when we say Anti-Christ, so no one really cares, its just semantics man.

The RCC has nothing to do with the BEAST....Its a Gentile King

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Whoever said Muslims or middle easterners are mentioned in Daniel??? Heck whoever said the end is in our lifetime?
Sure there are doomsday preachers in every generation who try to fit prophetic statements in their own time.

And Daniel says, "The people of the prince who is to come...". It does not mean the prince who has yet to show up will be an italian. It simply means this prince represents all war mongers against God. In 66 AD -72 AD the "people" were the roman armies that destroyed the temple along with Nero and his successors. The statement simply claims this lawless prince will appear in the future long after the Roman armies destroy the temple but he has always been a leader of destruction .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Whoever said Muslims or middle easterners are mentioned in Daniel??? Heck whoever said the end is in our lifetime?
Sure there are doomsday preachers in every generation who try to fit prophetic statements in their own time.

And Daniel says, "The people of the prince who is to come...". It does not mean the prince who has yet to show up will be an italian. It simply means this prince represents all war mongers against God. In 66 AD -72 AD the "people" were the roman armies that destroyed the temple along with Nero and his successors. The statement simply claims this lawless one will appear long after armies destroy the temple but has always been in that long lineage of lawlessness .

It means the People (Europeans/Romans/Fourth Beast) of the prince to come (Little Horn/Anti-Christ/BEAST) will destroy the Temple and Jerusalem. The Little Horn arises out of the FOURTH BEAST except he Arises in the End Times. Israel had to become a Nation in order for the BEAST to Arise, because a BEAST is only one that Conquers Enslaves or Rules Israel. Thus the Seven Headed Best is Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome and the one that is YET TO COME, the Anti-Christ who only becomes a BEAST when he Conquers Jerusalem, thus he is a BEAST only 42 Months, but will be a Ruler longer than that of course. During the 3.5 years of PEACE/SECURITY he is not called a BEAST only during the last 3.5 Years of the Week. (Seven Years of Jacobs Troubles).

Daniel gave us a very big clue. In the End Times people will Travel to and fro and KNOWLEDGE WILL INCREASE.

In the last 150 years we went from Horse and Buggy to Trains, Planes, Cars and even Space Travel. And in the last 50 Years Technology has EXPLODED, they can bring back extinct animals if they so desire, they are advocating all kind of perversions as NORMAL, they can track us everywhere we go if they want to and see what we say at anytime.

Its here, its now, just be ready for the Rapture.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's irellevant. We say Anti-Christ for all the 10-15 names he is called, we could call him BANDIT if we wanted to or CONCRETE.
Exactly "we say" but the scriptures do not share your enthusiasm for beasts and demonically influenced people in this or some future century. Having read "antichrist" into Daniel those who support the kind of theology advanced by Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses as well as Dispensationalists and Millennialist groups of all sorts proceed to read "antichrist" into all manner of current and recent events. Some advocate for "blood moon" theology, others for a coming "battle of Armageddon" through which their members will be the sole survivors or nearly the sole survivors. While a more sober reading of the book of Daniel produces no such anxiety inducing theology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"We" being those of dispensational persuasion.
You can call it whatever you want. The point was/is the same. Your logic doesn't matter. If we choose to call him the Assyrian, Little Horn, Beast, Man of Sin, Man of Lawlessness the Bark of a Tree, we are still talking about THE MAN who will come and CONQUER Israel for 42 Months.

I don't get into the other stuff, I save that for you guys who want to over analyze everything.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bab, first off v24 leads right to God ruling and since that hasnt happened this hasnt happened....

Act 2:36  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 

God hath made Him both Ruler and Messiah.
Present tense during the first century.

Was He anointed by His Father from heaven, as indicated by Acts 10:38?

Did He make the final sacrifice for sin, as indicated by Hebrews 10:16-18?

Sadly, most organizations that are taking the Gospel to the Jewish people are also Zionists. I am not.
If you have used any One Dollar Federal Reserve Notes, you have also used the same star. It is found above the eagle's head.

Daniel 9 is about the New Covenant Messiah.
The covenant with the many in Daniel 9:27 is the same covenant with many in Matthew 26:28.

The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, is found fulfilled by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel Gabriel appeared.
The angel did not reveal the timeline of the New Covenant Messiah and then forget to mention the New Covenant.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
James Lloyd
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Exactly "we say" but the scriptures do not share your enthusiasm for beasts and demonically influenced people in this or some future century. Having read "antichrist" into Daniel those who support the kind of theology advanced by Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses as well as Dispensationalists and Millennialist groups of all sorts proceed to read "antichrist" into all manner of current and recent events. Some advocate for "blood moon" theology, others for a coming "battle of Armageddon" through which their members will be the sole survivors or nearly the sole survivors. While a more sober reading of the book of Daniel produces no such anxiety inducing theology.

The Little Horn is called a BEAST you need to START OVER.

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. (A MAN)

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down (JUDGMENT THRONES), and the Ancient (JESUS) of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. (END TIME EVENT)

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the BEAST was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. ( CAST INTO HELL, HE IS CALLED A Beast !! Does this MATCH Revelation? YES )

Revelation 19:19 And I saw the BEAST, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse(JESUS), and against his army.(CHURCH)

20 And the BEAST was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. ( CAST INTO HELL....It Matches !! )

Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the BEAST and the false prophet ARE, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I have no clue about Seven Day Adventists, nor do I eve understand your point.

Are you scared of the TRUTH? The time is upon you, we are very near the Rapture, but we shouldn't FEAR THIS we should look to this as our Blessed Hope.

The BEAST is a MAN let me match Rev. 3 up with Daniel 7 to prove its the same person. A Man, who is a BEAST in that he Conquers Israel. You do understand a BEAST in Daniel is a Nation that Conquered/Enslaved Israel right?

Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Rev. 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. (Notice above, in Daniel 7 he had a MOUTH THAT BLASPHEMED God, same thing here.)

Rev. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Daniel 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Its the SAME MAN....In Daniel ch 7 and in Rev. ch 13. No one is making it up Brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We see John say THAT anti-christ pointing to a singular man.

Nope.
John refers to a singular SPIRIT that affected Many:
"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:3)

According to scripture, antichrist is an IT not a HE.
We are not to teach otherwise.

It doesn't matter if we as a Church/Body of Christ decided to place ALL THE NAMES of this BEING under one name for commonality purposes. That's fine with me. Sine he is known by the Assyrian, the Little Horn, BEAST, Man of Sin, Man of Lawlessness, The Prince that shall come etc. etc. etc. I do not mind everyone calling him the Anti-Christ, that way we all understand who is being spoken off. we could call him CONCRETE as long as we all know who/what is being spoken of, that who he is not called the anti-christ with a CAPITAL A has always been deemed by me as an inconsequential uttering to be honest.

I have always found this take fascinating.
Then why not call Him Paul?
Or James?
Or Joseph? If it truly does not matter?

There is nothing in scripture that teaches that Paul's Man of Sin, John's Beast, Daniel's Little Horn or John's antchrist are the same blood pumping, air breathing individual human being.
Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

As you have quite specifically (but perhaps unwittingly) pointed out, such is born solely from the later traditions of fallible men and can not be found anywhere in the pages of inspired scripture.

But, you're just fine with that.

I'm curious, what other teachings a that can't be found in scripture are you "just fine" building doctrine upon?

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
its got horns like a LAMB but speaks as a DRAGON..........
That was a prophecy of the Roman empire splitting into an eastern and western branch and claiming Christianity. Happend in the 4th century.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
People can BE WRONG brother without being the Anti-Christ themselves. Is the Pope of God? I highly doubt he is, but he is not the Anti-Christ. My point is we can have Jim Jones types and David Korsh types in the USA, and that doesn't mean they are the Anti-Christ either. We are discussing who the BEAST is which is also known as the Little Horn/Assyrian/Man of Sin and Anti-Christ by John who made him a singular figure by saying THAT anti-christ, which meant he was referring to a singular being, or pointing towards him.

There is no God but God/Jesus s any inter-faith that's not about Jesus being Lord of Lords is Evil. BUT....Like I said, their will be many Evil Charlatans who are not THE ANTI-CHRIST, if you catch my drift.

The RCC angle is a fake by Satan. Way too many things the preach are false teachings. The Islamic angle is wrong also.
Who said the pope was the beast. Not me. I was just wondering how you see interfaith.
my guess is evil to the core. IF so. you are correct.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nope.
John refers to a singular SPIRIT that affected Many:
"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:3)

According to scripture, antichrist is an IT not a HE.
We are not to teach otherwise.

I have always found this take fascinating.
Then why not call Him Paul?
Or James?
Or Joseph? If it truly does not matter?

There is nothing in scripture that teaches that Paul's Man of Sin, John's Beast, Daniel's Little Horn or John's antchrist are the same blood pumping, air breathing individual human being.
Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

As you have quite specifically (but perhaps unwittingly) pointed out, such is born solely from the later traditions of fallible men and can not be found anywhere in the pages of inspired scripture.

But, you're just fine with that.

I'm curious, what other teachings a that can't be found in scripture are you "just fine" building doctrine upon?
As per usual a waste of time reading your posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As per usual a waste of time reading your posts.
Well yeah i suppose so.
If you are unable to provide a sober, reasoned, scriptural rebuttal to my posts you probably shouldn't waste your time reading them.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IT REALLY SAYS, ...what is written is.. He/it.. that holds.. restrains the lawless one.. only until He is taken out of the way.. then and only then will the lawless one aka Antichrist be known. And he is NOT out in the open or known...as of right now.

So its not how we FEEL..or some person we can look at that "fits the bill" so to speak. Side note.. its not written 666..it was not written in English. Its 600,60,6. And some scrolls show 600,16,6. That spirit of the Antichrist has been here since Christ left to make us a home. But.. will some day soon be ONE person.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...what is written is..

I, for one, would find it extremely helpful if, when you start off with saying "what is written is"..., that you include some sort of chapter and verse reference so I can cross check "what is written" with what you say is written.
Thx.

He/it.. that holds.. restrains the lawless one.. only until He is taken out of the way.. then and only then will the lawless one aka Antichrist be known. And he is NOT out in the open or known...as of right now.

"the lawless one aka Antichrist"?

Can you point to any scripture that teaches the lawless one is properly, biblically identified as antichrist?

I haven't found that teaching in the bible anywhere.

Upvote 0

Hal A Peno

Aug 3, 2017
contoocook
✟6,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nowhere in Scripture do we find a singularized capital A Antichrist.
Goes to show me how much you know the scriptures. I know you don't care jgr, and I know you won't accept being debunked. Stay out of denial and deal with it

On another thread jgr said,
I'm just ecstatic to have made it on to your list, and am eagerly anticipating being a debunkee. That will be a new experience for me.
On this thread jgr said,
Nowhere in Scripture do we find a singularized capital A Antichrist.
jgr thinks 'antichrist' always indicates a plurality of persons and that there's no such thing as one man emerging in the last days. He says the end-time 'anti-Christ' isn't a person and is never called "the anti-Christ" in scripture, saying that it's a 'spirit' and NOT an individual.

jgr says he's never been debunked, well he just stepped into it, he's NOT paying attention to the verse.

The anti-Christ is called the "man of sin and the lawless one." He IS one individual since there are several times personal pronouns are used to describe him. He SITS in the Temple, etc.

1John 2:18 has one word for antichrist that is singular, the other plural, and wasn't translated correctly in the KJV.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that (THE) antichrist (singular) shall come, even now are there many antichrists; (plural) whereby we know that it is the last time.

The verse actually reads in the Greek interlinear like this...

Little boys and girls, it is the last hour and according as ye hear that THE "instead-anointed" (singular/antichrist) is coming and now many instead anointeds (plural/antichrist) have become.....

The end-time anti-Christ is likely the Islamic dajjal. The Madhi is likely the false prophet. The Muslim Jesus is just that. A false Christ.
jgr, at this link you can see that the word 'antichrist' is SINGULAR, and the word THE is used with it, "the anti-christ."
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/1jo2.pdf

Over a dozen bible translations use the word 'the' in the translation of 1 John 2:18. Like the NIV does...

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour."

I would actually interpret this verse like this,

"Many antichrist have come, and the antichrist is coming, that's how you will know it's the last hour."

The translations that omit the word THE do so mistakenly and really do a disservice to the understanding of the verse. The 1611 translators omitted it because it IS in the Greek interlinear. As simple as dropping the word 'THE' usually isn't something that changes things very much, but in this case, and with this argument it does. In every aspect I study this, I never walk away believing this is a plurality of persons. i.e. "many anti-Christ." Especially when personal pronouns are used to describe this man elsewhere.
in which the word appears, it is decapitalized, in recognition that it does not refer to a singularized individual. T
How do you come up with that?
Until historical Reformation truth is recognized and reclaimed, the delusion and deception of a futurized singularized Antichrist will continue to be perpetuated.
You're the deludional one if you don't accept these results. The first word for ANTICHRIST is singular and preceded by the word THE, i.e. THE ANTICHRIST

2 Thessalonians 2:4 - Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Revelation 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (Read More...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0