Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL of the commandments were given to the
Israelite Nation. There was no such thing as a Jew or Christian when God gave those commands, they were simply refereed to as Hebrews, which were Gods (YHWH) people.

When you get saved you are grafted in as a part of Israel.

There is no such thing as Christian commandments, there are just commandments of God. The reason you wont find any commands given to Christians in the bible is because there was no such thing as Christianity back then. They were gentile converts that followed the ways of the Torah, since that is all they had. They were not going to church on Sunday morning to take communion and a tithe offering, because the NT wasnt even written yet. We do what we do as Christians as traditions of ROME and the RCC, while done with a well meaning hearts, its still just traditions of Rome vs traditions of the apostles.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Israelite Nation. There was no such thing as a Jew or Christian when God gave those commands, they were simply refereed to as Hebrews, which were Gods (YHWH) people.

There is no such thing as Christian commandments, there are just commandments of God. The reason you wont find any commands given to Christians in the bible is because there was no such thing as Christianity back then. They were gentile converts that followed the ways of the Torah, since that is all they had. They were not going to church on Sunday morning to take communion and a tithe offering, because the NT wasnt even written yet. We do what we do as Christians as traditions of ROME and the RCC, while done with a well meaning hearts, its still just traditions of Rome vs traditions of the apostles.

Nice argument. I really like it. Because God gave His commandments to the Israelite Nation that leaves the rest of Humanity outside, entirely. Thus, I, as a Gentile, have no interest in keeping the laws of the Israelite Nation. As a result, i am uncircumcised. Are you?

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice argument. I really like it. Because God gave His commandments to the Israelite Nation that leaves the rest of Humanity outside, entirely. Thus, I, as a Gentile, have no interest in keeping the laws of the Israelite Nation. As a result, i am uncircumcised. Are you?
The word Gentile biblically means, one outside of the covenant, so if you believe in Christ, you are part of the New Covenant.

My point was that all the commands God gave were to the nation of Israel, since they were his people. The bible is summed up as do on to others as you would have them do unto you, so in everything you do, you should look at is as, would I want this done to me in return, if you truly Love God.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word Gentile biblically means, one outside of the covenant, so if you believe in Christ, you are part of the New Covenant.
I couldn't find that definition SAAN. I did find non Jew. God gave Gentiles covenants. In fact Jews tell us that gentiles were under the Noahide covenant.

My point was that all the commands God gave were to the nation of Israel, since they were his people.
Simply not true. Abraham had a covenant with God, Adam had one and as I stated Noah did too.

The bible is summed up as do on to others as you would have them do unto you, so in everything you do, you should look at is as, would I want this done to me in return, if you truly Love God.
That is the summery? I find in scripture another summery. Believe in Jesus and love others as Jesus commanded. Remember Jesus command? “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

John said: "This is how we know that we belong to the truth"

Belonging to Christ (being a Christian) is not about keeping ritual days given only to one nation, Israel. It is not about what we eat, what we wear or the length of our hair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep telling us we are grafted into Israel. Israel is no more. Israel ended at Calvary. How could we be grafted into something that is nothing but a shadow? It does not make sense. Where in scripture do you find such a teaching? Israel never gave life. Being an Israelite didn't insure eternal life.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom

My point was that all the commands God gave were to the nation of Israel, since they were his people. The bible is summed up as do on to others as you would have them do unto you, so in everything you do, you should look at is as, would I want this done to me in return, if you truly Love God.

So, have been ceremonially circumcised according to the Jewish Law?

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
doesn't say it in verse 2 either. it points out that feast days are to be observed then lists the sabbath to be observed as with all holy convocations. it then states what the feasts days actually are starting in verse 4. if it truly was a feast day it would have been listed as such in exodus 20 and deuteronomy 5.
IOW v 1 is totally independent of v2 and visa versa. No wonder we can not communicate with each other. You require certain words such as " the Sabbath is a ceremonial commandment."

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Unfortunately for your and your argument there is no support of any kind to be found any where.

It is ok by me if you wish to post the false claims made by some.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Where in the Bible does it say we all become one nation? That simply is not the promise covenant granted to Abraham.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums