Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The Seventh-day was the Sabbath of the, now defunct, Israelite Nation"

Nowhere was/is there a requirement for any other nation, except Israel, to observe any day.

Nowhere is there a requirement for Gentiles to observe any day.

Nowhere is there a requirement for Christians to observe any day.

The requirement of the observance of Sabbath is only a figment of some peoples imagination. The 10 commandments were given to Israel and only Israel. Paul actually tells us that the 10 commandments were temporary laws 2Cor3:7-11. The descendants of the nation of Israel are not required to observe the now defunct Sabbath let alone the gentiles that were never under that requirement.

Reactions: bugkiller

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Col 2:16

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

which refers to the ceremonial feast laws and their Holy convocations(sabbaths)(leviticus 23, hosea 2:11). this doesn't refer to the 4th commandment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so Hosea says the Sabbaths are going to CEASE, huh?

I have heard of CESSIONISTS concerning Tongues --
now make way for CESSIONISTS concerning Sabbaths!

Understanding Mark 2 is key.

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which refers to the ceremonial feast laws and their Holy convocations(sabbaths)(leviticus 23, hosea 2:11). this doesn't refer to the 4th commandment.
Sorry W, Hosea would be repeating himself if it were true what you think.

I will stop all her celebrations: (The 7th day Sabbath was a celebration of Israel's release from captivity.) See Deut 5:15
her yearly festivals, her New Moons, )(yearly feasts were the 7 high Sabbaths Pesach, Chag Hamotzi, Yom habikkurim, Shavre'ot, Yom Teru'ah. Yom Kipper and Sukkot)
her Sabbath days (has to be the 7th day Sabbath if not then Hosea would have been repeating himself) —all her appointed festivals. (which of course would have meant all the feasts including the 7th day Sabbath.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it a bad thing for you that Hitler unsuccessfully destroy all Jewish people, right?
Why are you trying to think for me. I am capable of doing my own thinking. I do not need you to ever make anyone believe that is what I think. I happen to be half Jewish and your post is insulting trash.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
so Hosea says the Sabbaths are going to CEASE, huh?

I have heard of CESSIONISTS concerning Tongues --
now make way for CESSIONISTS concerning Sabbaths!
Yeppers, that is what it says.

Interesting thing is that is the same word used in Gen 2.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry W, Hosea would be repeating himself if it were true what you think.

I will stop all her celebrations: (The 7th day Sabbath was a celebration of Israel's release from captivity.) See Deut 5:15
her yearly festivals, her New Moons, )(yearly feasts were the 7 high Sabbaths Pesach, Chag Hamotzi, Yom habikkurim, Shavre'ot, Yom Teru'ah. Yom Kipper and Sukkot)
her Sabbath days (has to be the 7th day Sabbath if not then Hosea would have been repeating himself) —all her appointed festivals. (which of course would have meant all the feasts including the 7th day Sabbath.

the 4th commandment isn't part of the ceremonial law and is not connected to a feast. the ceremonial feasts all had holy convocations attached to them.

all 10 commandments are part of the moral law which stands in perpetuity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the 4th commandment isn't part of the ceremonial law and is not connected to a feast. the ceremonial feasts all had holy convocations attached to them.

There is no such thing as a "ceremonial law". All the law was written in the book of the law. Did Hosea repeat himself or was he referring to the weekly Sabbath?

all 10 commandments are part of the moral law which stands in perpetuity.

Scripture please. 2Cor 3:7-11 tells us different. Gal 3:19 tell us the law (Torah) ended with the coming of Jesus. Do I believe you or do I believe scripture? Do you believe yourself or do you believe scripture? I have to go with scripture until you can prove it to be wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There is no such thing as a "ceremonial law". All the law was written in the book of the law. Did Hosea repeat himself or was he referring to the weekly Sabbath?

and there's no such thing as the "trinity"

the moral, civil, and ceremonial laws are all part of the mosaic law.

Scripture please. 2Cor 3:7-11 tells us different. Gal 3:19 tell us the law (Torah) ended with the coming of Jesus.

rather it tells us that we are no longer justified by the law. Paul's dealing with the law in his letters refer to the fact that justification cannot be achieved by law keeping, as it requires perfect obedience(matthew 5:20,48), but by faith in Christ and following His commandments. it does not say that we can now do or neglect to do the things the law contains. Christ didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it.

part of the 'fulfill' is the fact that we actually keep the ceremonial law when we take communion(colossians 2:16-17, john 6:53-58)

Jesus dying on the cross is the fulfillment of the sacrificial system in Him being our passover lamb and high priest(book of hebrews).

the Holy Spirit from Christ that indwells those who are saved fulfills the dietary laws of purity(mark 7:17-23, colossians 2:20-23).

Jesus didn't do away with the law. He instead, as Paul said, established it(romans 3:31)

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and there's no such thing as the "trinity"

the moral, civil, and ceremonial laws are all part of the mosaic law.
So you agree, why not just say so instead of making another argument?

Bob S said:
Scripture please. 2Cor 3:7-11 tells us different. Gal 3:19 tell us the law (Torah) ended with the coming of Jesus.

rather it tells us that we are no longer justified by the law.
The law never ever justified anyone W. Gal 3:19 is telling us that the law ended with the coming of Christ. Likewise 2Cor 3:7-11is telling us that Christians are not under the guidance of the 10 commandments, they were temporary laws. Our guide is the Holy Spirit. Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Paul's dealing with the law in his letters refer to the fact that justification cannot be achieved by law keeping, as it requires perfect obedience(matthew 5:20,48), but by faith in Christ and following His commandments.
Amen!

it does not say that we can now do or neglect to do the things the law contains. Christ didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it.
Which is it friend Jesus commands or the commands in the Law of Moses? Seems you are contradicting yourself. Jesus command is to love others as He loves us. Moses law, Torah, had 613 rules and many were directed to the laymen. Since you think you believe what you have written might I ask if you are wearing your tassels on the four corners of your garments?

Fulfill means to bring to an end. Jesus did just that and Paul verifies this act.

part of the 'fulfill' is the fact that we actually keep the ceremonial law when we take communion(colossians 2:16-17, john 6:53-58)
Not so my friend. The last supper was initiated by Jesus and has nothing to do with Christians keeping any ritual part of the law.

Jesus dying on the cross is the fulfillment of the sacrificial system in Him being our passover lamb and high priest(book of hebrews).
Fulfillment yes, but not part of the old covenant ritual law. His sacrifice was for the sins of the World, not for just some Israelites.

the Holy Spirit from Christ that indwells those who are saved fulfills the dietary laws of purity(mark 7:17-23, colossians 2:20-23).
Boy, that takes a bunch more imagination than I have to believe those verses explain what you contrive they do.

Jesus didn't do away with the law. He instead, as Paul said, established it(romans 3:31)
There you are taking one verse out of context and apply it to mean we are under the law. Paul wrote that the law is the schoolmaster that brings us to Christ. It condemns us and the only way to escape that condemnation is to accept the Grace of Jesus. Christians are not under the law. The law can not condemn those who believe in Jesus and love others as He commanded. If we have not love for our fellow man, we really do not believe and are not being guided by the Holy Spirit. 1Jn3:19-24

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So you agree, why not just say so instead of making another argument?

no, there are, in fact, ceremonial, civil, and moral laws, but if we're gonna say that there aren't because the words aren't in scripture than we have to say there is no trinity or hypo-static union.
The law never ever justified anyone W. Gal 3:19 is telling us that the law ended with the coming of Christ. Likewise 2Cor 3:7-11is telling us that Christians are not under the guidance of the 10 commandments, they were temporary laws. Our guide is the Holy Spirit. Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

back that question that you refuse to answer.

can i break all 10 commandments consistently and consciously and still be said to be led by the Spirit? can i violate all the laws given to us by God in leviticus 19 and 20?

Jesus command is to love others as He loves us.

that question again...

he last supper was initiated by Jesus and has nothing to do with Christians keeping any ritual part of the law.

the verses i quoted state otherwise as Christ was the substance of those feasts.

Fulfillment yes, but not part of the old covenant ritual law. His sacrifice was for the sins of the World, not for just some Israelites.

scripture says otherwise(1 corinthians 5:7)

the sacrifice was for all those who would draw near to God just as in the old sacrificial system. you're not a universalist are you?

Boy, that takes a bunch more imagination than I have to believe those verses explain what you contrive they do.

if you want to claim these are taken out of context you're more than welcomed to prove it. one is not pure from abstaining from unclean animals but from abstaining from evils that come from the heart.

There you are taking one verse out of context and apply it to mean we are under the law. Paul wrote that the law is the schoolmaster that brings us to Christ. It condemns us and the only way to escape that condemnation is to accept the Grace of Jesus. Christians are not under the law. The law can not condemn those who believe in Jesus and love others as He commanded. If we have not love for our fellow man, we really do not believe and are not being guided by the Holy Spirit.

you've done the exact same thing with galatians 5:18. those led by the Spirit will not do the things listed in verses 19-21, all of which are listed as sins in the moseic law which is what Paul preached and taught from because(fun fact) there was no new testament when Paul and the other apostles wrote the epistles.

we come back to that question that you're so reluctant to deal with, since the answer is fatal to your position. if you don't think so then simply answer it. it's a very simple question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God had declared that they will never enter His rest. From the dust they had came from, and they will return to it without entering His rest. But now God has given them the good news that He has reopened the gates, and now they can enter this place of rest, the Sabbath. That they doesn't has to struggle to live any more. The Sabbath was for the Israelites to not forget. To always keep their eyes on the prizes. To mock how it is going to be with Him. Adam and Eve did not have to work to produce food for themselves. It would of have been there for them at all times. That is why they were told to not do any work on these Sabbaths. To show them that God will provide for them.

Hebrews 4:3-6 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.” Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience,

Genesis 3:17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.
20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

oath
(ōth)
n. pl. oathsthz, ōths)
a.
A solemn, formal declaration or promise to fulfill a pledge, often calling on God, a god, or a sacred object aswitness.
b. The words or formula of such a declaration or promise.
c. Something declared or promised.
An irreverent or blasphemous use of the name of God or something held sacred.
3. An imprecation; a curse.

Luke 16:22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.

Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

Revelation 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
back that question that you refuse to answer.
can i break all 10 commandments consistently and consciously and still be said to be led by the Spirit? can i violate all the laws given to us by God in leviticus 19 and 20?
And again I answer that according to scripture Christians are not under the commands of the 10, so the question is mute. Christians are under the new command by Jesus to love our fellow man just as Jesus loves us. That would mean to me that we cannot murder, commit adultery and all of the remainder of the 9 commandments dealing with morality. Now, you will ask about the other one I didn't mention. It was a ritual command given only to Israel dealing with the remembrance of the Creator and, according to Deut 5, their flight out of Egypt. It was put into place by God just for Israel. No other nation has ever been asked by God to remember a day.

We are all sinners and do break the Royal law of love which contain the 9 commands and hundreds more. Thank God I am not the judge as to when the Holy Spirit stops working in our lives. All I know is that He is still working with me a sinner who breaks many of the hundreds of the thou shalt nots. Even if I break only one, I am just as guilty as if I had broken all of them. Thank God for His Grace, the one who stands before the throne declaring me worthy. Worthy because I believe and love others as Jesus loves us. 1Jn 3:19-24. Read it in green below.

Now, you have no excuse not to answer my questions I may ask, right?

Upvote 0