The 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD was made for a round world - spheroid - & IDL, or the Day Line

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Bible Echo and Signs of the Times - Bible Echo and Signs of the Times -- Ellen G. White Writings

“January 1, 1892
From America to Australia
Visit to Honolulu

Mrs. E. G. White

November 12, we went on board the steamship Alameda, at San Francisco, California, for our long voyage across the Pacific Ocean. The last parting words were spoken, and at 4 o’clock our good ship left the dock, and steamed out of Golden Gate against a strong headwind. The restless sea rocked and tossed us about, quite to the discomfort of the passengers; but after the first day we had very pleasant, smooth sailing; the captain said that he could hardly remember having had so pleasant a voyage.

Our vessel, though comparatively small, and not so elegant as many of the Atlantic boats, was thoroughly comfortable, convenient, and safe. The officers were kind and gentlemanly. We had about eighty cabin passengers, and forty in the steerage. Among the former were eight ministers, several of whom were returning home from the great Methodist Conference in Washington. Religious services were held twice each Sunday, in the social hall, and occasionally on deck for the steerage passengers.

One week from California we reached the Sandwich Islands. The scene presented from the steamer as we approached Honolulu was very beautiful. The mountains rising at a little distance from the water’s edge, and clothed with the rich green of the tropics, and the city in its setting of palms and other tropical trees, appeared especially attractive after gazing for seven days on the boundless expanse of waters. We were met at the wharf by friends living in the city. Men, women, and children greeted us so heartily that we could not but feel at home among them. We were glad to welcome these dear friends, and to meet again Bro. Starr and his wife, who had been about five weeks on the island, laboring among the people, and speaking in the churches, by invitation, with good effect.

The business part of the town is very indifferent, but the residences are fine. They have broad verandas, and are surrounded with green lawns, which are beautified with all kinds of tropical trees and flowers. We saw beautiful avenues of royal palms; trees and vines, shrubs and hedges, brilliant with flowers; cocoa palms laden with the brown, heavy-looking fruit; bread-fruit and mango trees, fields of pineapples, and patches of taro, the staple food of the natives; with many other trees and plants that I cannot name.

For six miles back of the city the road gradually ascends a mountain valley, to the “Pali,” or precipice, a point of interest, both for its historical association, and for the fine landscape view which is obtained from it. Standing on the rocky edge of the precipice, we look down 1,200 feet, while on either side the bare, rocky summits tower to a height of 3,000 feet. Below is a rich green plain, dotted with rice and sugar plantations, and hills around which the brown road winds in and out; beyond all is the broad blue sea, the white surf breaking along the shore.

It was near the head of this valley, about the close of the eighteenth century, that the last native chief of the island made a stand with his forces against Kamehameha I., who was trying to bring all the islands under one government. The chief’s forces were defeated, and, fleeing up the valley, many were driven over the precipice, and dashed in pieces on the rocks at its base. It is said that the bones of these unfortunate warriors are still to be found scattered on the plain.

Our steamer was not to leave Honolulu till past midnight; and at the earnest desire of our friends I consented to speak in the evening. The hall of the Young Men’s Christian Association was secured for the purpose. I spoke from 1 John 3:1-4, dwelling upon the great love of God to man, as expressed in the gift of Jesus that we might become children of God. The Spirit of the Lord was present. At the close of the meeting we were gratified to make the acquaintance of some of the leading members of the Young Men’s Christian Association.

Samoa and Auckland

On Friday, November 27, we reached the Samoan Islands, after a pleasant voyage of seven days from Honolulu. We had expected extremely hot weather in passing through the tropics, but in this we were happily disappointed. Only a few days were uncomfortably warm. On Tuesday, November 24, when we crossed the equator, the air was so cool that we found our wraps needful on deck.

Our steamer cast anchor off Apia, which is situated on the island of Upolo, and is the principal town of the Samoan Group. The harbor or bay of Apia is a beautiful expanse of water, shut in by coral reefs, over which the surf is constantly breaking. The island is clothed in the richest and most luxuriant verdure. The mountains rise almost from the water’s edge; cocoa palms grow all along the shore and far up the mountain sides, which are clothed in green to the very summits. The town of Apia consists of two rows of small white buildings on either side of a narrow street that winds along the shore.

Through an opening in the reef that encloses the harbor, vessels pass in and out; another reef lying nearer the shore prevents them from reaching the dock; but passengers are taken on shore in boats. Before us is a reminder of the terrible storms that sometimes visit this lovely spot. On the reef between us and the shore lies the hull of a German vessel that was wrecked in the hurricane of March, 1889, when seven men-of-war and fifteen merchant vessels were either stranded or wholly destroyed.

Before our steamer comes to anchor, we see boats and the canoes of the natives coming out to meet us; and soon we are surrounded with them. The natives are physically well developed, and are said to have the finest physique of any of the South Sea peoples. They are of a light brown color. Most of them are destitute of clothing except a cloth or mat about the loins; many are elaborately tattooed. Some wear broad-brimmed straw hats, some turbans, while many have the hair dressed with lime, giving them the appearance of wearing a white cap. The canoes were laden with pineapples, bananas, oranges of a bright green color but of excellent flavor, mangoes, limes, cocoa-nuts, and other tropical fruits, shells and coral, mats and cloth, together with baskets and fans, very neatly woven from the native grasses.

Most of our party went ashore, and had an opportunity of seeing the natives in their homes. The huts are made by spreading over a wooden framework a covering of palm leaves and native grasses. For the floor, the ground is covered with gravel or pounded coral, on which is spread a coarse matting. Mats form the beds at night, and the table and seats by day; large leaves and cocoa-nut shells serve as dishes. Our party were greeted cordially by the natives, who brought them flowers, and seemed anxious to show their feelings of kindness. At one o’clock P.M. the anchor was lifted, and soon our boat was again on its way over the broad Pacific.

November 26, the day before we reached Samoa, was my birthday. As I contemplate the past year, I am filled with gratitude to God for his preserving care and loving-kindness. At times I have been afflicted in body and depressed in spirits; but the Lord has been my Redeemer, my Restorer. Many have been the rich blessings imparted to me. In the time of my greatest need, I have been enabled to hold fast my confidence in my Heavenly Father. The powers of darkness are restrained; for Jesus, our Advocate, lives to make intercession for us. He is able to save us, soul, body, and spirit, and to make us vessels unto honor, meet for the Master’s use. We are living in a perilous time, when all our powers must be consecrated to God. We are to follow Christ in his humiliation, his self-denial, his suffering. We owe everything to Jesus, and renewedly I consecrate myself to his service, to lift him up before the people, to proclaim his matchless love.

Between Samoa and Auckland we crossed the day-line, and for the first time in our lives we had a week of six days. Tuesday, December 1, was dropped from our reckoning, and we passed from Monday to Wednesday.

At daylight of December 3, the coast of new Zealand was in sight, and about noon our boat reached the dock at Auckland. This is a beautiful harbor, and the town on the hills above presents a fine appearance. We had hoped to meet Elder Gates of the Pitcairn here; but in this we were disappointed; and my son, W. C. White, remained a few days to see him, rejoining us at Sydney. As our boat touched the wharf, a number of brethren stepped on board, and introduced themselves to us, and we had a glad meeting. On landing, we rode to the house of Bro. Edward Hare. Here we found a pleasant home, and were refreshed with delicious strawberries, oranges, bananas, and more substantial viands. Then we had a very enjoyable ride into the country. The fresh, sweet air filled with the fragrance of wild roses, sweet-brier, and new-mown hay, reminded us of our northern summer, the green hedges separating the fields are like England, while there is much in the landscape that resembles California. The vegetation and the general appearance of the country is that of the temperate zone rather than the tropics.

In the evening we met with the church at their house of worship, and I spoke to them in regard to the necessity of receiving Christ as their personal Saviour.
... to be continued ...

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... continued ...

Bible Echo and Signs of the Times - Bible Echo and Signs of the Times -- Ellen G. White Writings

In Australia

We entered Sydney harbor at seven o’clock on the morning of December 8. The sea rolled heavily during the night, and it was difficult to keep safely in our berths; but all our party were able to be on deck as we entered the harbor, which is one of the most beautiful in the world. Before we reached the landing, we could see our friends on shore, and could distinguish Bro. and Sister Daniells, the only ones present whom we knew, and soon a hearty and tender welcome was accorded us. After a wholesome and well-prepared breakfast at Bro. Daniells’, our party, with the canvassers, Bible-workers, and a few friends, united in a precious season of worship. We remained in Sydney one week, and had an opportunity to see something of this large and beautiful city. I spoke to the people twice, at the commencement of the Sabbath and on Sabbath morning. The Lord gave me special freedom, and the people rejoiced in the message of truth, which, as they testified, filled their hearts with joy, peace, and the love of God. Bro. Starr spoke on Sunday evening with good acceptance.

On reaching Melbourne, December 16, we found our friends at the station, waiting for us, some whom we knew and some whom we did not know, and we were heartily welcomed by all. Horses and carriages were waiting, and conveyed us two or three miles to the Echo Office. In Federal Hall, in the office building, we found a large company assembled to welcome us to Australia, and to unite with us in thanksgiving to God for his preserving and tender care during the long passage across the water. Elder Starr, W. C. White, and myself each addressed a few words to those whom we were meeting for the first time in a new country; and as we united in a season of prayer the Lord blessed us together. After the benediction, we were introduced to many of the brethren and sisters.

On Sabbath, December 19, I spoke in Federal Hall. I had freedom, and my soul was blessed as I spoke the words of life to an attentive congregation. There was a social meeting in the afternoon, when many precious testimonies were borne. My heart was made glad in the Lord, and I could not but exclaim, “What hath God wrought?” as I looked upon this large company who have accepted the Bible just as it reads, thus placing their feet on the solid platform of truth, and heard them speak of their faith, believing as a child believes and trusts its parents. Humility in obedience to God is a hard lesson for fallen humanity to learn. There is something in the human, unsanctified heart that rises up in opposition to inspired truth, when it requires separation from former associations and customs in taking a position on the Sabbath which the Lord has blessed and sanctified as his memorial of creation. May the light of these who have had courage, and sincerity, and simplicity of faith, shine forth in good works, that many more may be added to the church, of such as shall be saved. Elder Starr also has spoken several times, giving the flock meat in due season.

On Christmas day our hall was full. Many had come in from Sydney, Adelaide, Ballarat, and the smaller churches. The Lord gave me much of his Spirit in speaking of the first advent of Christ, when angels heralded his birth to the waiting shepherds and sang their glad songs over the plains of Bethlehem.

We see in the people here the intelligence, heartiness, and simplicity that characterize the lovers of the Truth in America. Many express gratitude to God that he has sent his servants here.”​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
(From Signs of the Times, Warburton, Victoria, Nov 26, 1906. High-lighting added by editor.)

IN the year 1844 a movement denominated the “third angel’s message,” took its rise. Commencing in a small way, it has at the present time assumed world-wide dimensions. It has for its object the proclamation of solemn and important truths to the last generation of mankind. It foretells the speedy advent of Christ, and the end of the world. It also brings to view a reform relating to the commandments of God. It is based upon clear and unmistakable prophecies found in Dan. 7:25, Rev. 14:9,12, etc., and it constitutes the last heaven-sent message of mercy to the world. It is not surprising, therefore, if from time to time the enemy should endeavour to confuse and mislead those who embrace this message by originating some false movement, some schismatic teaching, which, while having a semblance of truth, will be solely intended to obscure the real issue, and seduce the unwary. An examination of the history of the advent movement reveals that this is the case. Men have arisen claiming to have some special light, which, upon careful investigation, has proved to be false light. See 2 Cor. 11:13-15. Their minds were illuminated by nothing more than sparks of their own kindling.

One of the latest theories, which has for its ultimate object, although not for its ostensible object, the subverting of the distinct truths of the “message,” is that which has been termed the Eden Day-line.” The advocates of this theory have appeared at different places preaching and circulating literature upon the subject amongst Seventh-day Adventists, for whose special consideration the whole question is intended. This being the case, it will be interesting and advisable to give the matter that rigid scrutiny that in times of crisis is demanded in order to determine whether it is a friend or foe, to determine whether, in spite of its plausible exterior, this new dogma does not conceal at its heart a deadly error, calculated to neutralise the entire force of the harmonious system of truth which Adventists hold so dear. The question has been presented to the denomination before, and has been ably dealt with in pamphlet form, and every position taken by the Eden day-line adherents has been fully met and refuted. But they are persistent, and because the question is somewhat technical and intricate, it can thus be readily manipulated to disturb the minds of those who do not trouble to reason deeply upon the subject. We understand another attempt is about to be made to unsettle the minds of our people upon this matter. It is therefore advisable that every one should fortify himself by obtaining a clear view of what is involved in this question, and also with a satisfactory argument with which to refute the error. We cannot conceive that God will leave His people to be confronted with an error for which there is not a simple solution, suitable for the defence and protection of every believing soul.

Before attempting to refute this erroneous theory it may be advisable first to give a brief outline of the position taken by those who defend the Eden day-line hypothesis. There is a place upon the globe, recognised by scientists, at which the day begins, and from which it travels around the earth from east to west, and in twenty-four hours finishes at the same place. That circuit constitutes a day consisting of darkness and light. “And the evening and the morning was the first day.” Gen. 1 : 6. The point at which the day commences and ends is marked by an imaginary line drawn from pole to pole at the one hundred and eightieth meridian, running almost through the centre of the Pacific Ocean. To the left of this line, on the eastern shores of Asia and Australia, the people are a day ahead of the people on the right side of the line, on the western shores of the Americas. That is, the Sabbath comes to the people in Melbourne and on the east coast of Australia about eighteen hours before it reaches the people in San Francisco, on the west coast of America. The people inhabiting these two cities live, roughly speaking, about 2,500 miles from the line, east and west. They really face each other across the line at a distance of about 5,000 miles. It will be seen, then, that when any one crosses this line on shipboard from America to Asia, west to east, he will find himself a day behind the people in Asia. That is, his Saturday will be their Sunday. On the other hand, if an individual crosses the line from east to west, from Asia to America he will find himself a day ahead. His Sunday will be their Saturday. This brings confusion, which is obviated by the simple method of observing a natural law, by changing the day at the crossing of the one hundred and eightieth meridian, or day-line.

It will be seen that if the day-line was to be moved from its position in the Pacific, where it divides two great continents, and was to be placed to the west of Asia and Australia, that would bring the count of days in those lands almost the same as in America. The Australians and the Asiatics would need to call their Sunday Saturday. This is exactly what the Eden day-line advocates are agitating for. They claim to be able to locate approximately the spot where the garden of Eden was situated on the earth. This spot, they say, is in Armenia, about 8,000 miles to the east of the present day-line. Here they locate the initial day-line, because they claim the first day started out from that particular spot on its circuit around the earth, consequently the first Sabbath originated here, and from this locality all succeeding Sabbaths must be dated, thus throwing the count of days one day back in Australia, making Sunday the seventh-day Sabbath.

Upon a candid examination from a. scripture standpoint, it will be found that the whole question is a subtle device of the enemy to impede the progress of the great message for these times, namely, the Sabbath reform. In this enquiry, when the most is made of the question, it will be seen that, under an apparent stickling for a conscientious exactness as to the true day, the enemy cleverly changes the issue of the question involved in the last message, from being one of worship and loyalty to God, or obedience to and worship of the church of Rome, under the symbol of the beast and his image, to that of a merely technical question of exactness, involving no principle of choice between two rival powers, and totally eliminating the Romish element, and of conflict with the beast and his image, which is the very essence of the prophetic warning. It completely changes the purport, scope, and nature of the last movement of the closing reform from a grand principle, and narrows it down to a technical quibble under the guise of a conscientious scruple for the honour of God.

That this latter-day delusion is absolutely without foundation, and has no claim upon the serious attention of God’s people is shown as follows: In Amos 3:7 this important statement is made, “Surely the Lord God will do nothing but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets,” Taking this as the basis of our investigations into this theory, what do we find ?—We find that its advocates point to it as a later development of the message intended to sift the wheat from the chaff. If this is so, then we have a right to ask for its scriptural credentials. The message itself is based upon the prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation. But for these prophecies no such movement would or could exist. This is quite in accordance with Amos 3:7. This movement has been revealed to His servants the prophets, Daniel and John. We now ask any advocate of the Eden day-line to point to one prophet who has had a revelation upon the subject, or to show one passage of scripture that even remotely alludes to this latest phase which they advocate. We have a right to ask for definite, plain prophecies in accordance with Amos 3:7. Not one can be found from Genesis to Revelation. Thus the whole theory stands unmasked as a latter-day delusion devised for the purpose of leading away from the great issue, “If any man worship the beast or his image,” etc. The Romish element is indispensable to the last message, it is the crux of the movement. The Eden day-line, technical, intricate, and obscure, knows nothing of this element, and need not occasion any conscientious concern to a single soul. In this last great closing’ movement the issue is clear-cut—the beast and his image or the commandments of God. All that needs to be decided in any locality is, Which day does Rome honour as a sabbath? The answer is invariably, “Sunday.” Then, in order to embrace the third angel’s message, loyalty to God calls upon us to keep the day which precedes the Roman festival, that is, Saturday. The question of exactness as to the place of the beginning and ending of the first day is a totally distinct question which has never been raised by divine authority nor introduced by Scripture. The present condition of things concerning the days of the week is accepted and recognised by all properly constituted authorities, and under this condition of affairs the issue can be clearly ascertained and decided, which is, God or Rome?” “first day or seventh day?” Keep the day immediately preceding that one which Rome honours, and you are safe in this matter.

By T. Whittle - http://sabbathissues.org/1906/11/false-issue-the-day-line/

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
(Source The Bible Echo, January 28, 1901. High-lighting added by Sabbath Issues editor.)

WE are living in times when not only many old errors are being revived and strenuously advocated, but when many new and strange theories are being advanced and seeking recognition. One of the latter is that Eden, or the place where Eden is supposed to have been located, marks the place at which the true day-line should be drawn, instead of the point in the Pacific where the streams of emigration have come together.

In the first place it may be noticed that the whole theory is based upon an assumption. Its advocates assume that the day-line must be where man was placed in the beginning, and where Christ lived when on the earth; but the Bible does not say so. They have to assume the very point that they try to establish and prove.

In the second place, the theory, if correct, and had it been carried out by a sinless race, would have caused confusion from the very beginning. It cannot therefore be of God, for God is not the author of confusion. The theory is that where Eden was, that marks the place of the true day-line. Every new day should begin there; westward from this point the reckoning should be twenty-four hours in advance of that immediately eastward. In other words, if one of Adam’s sons had taken up his home one mile west of Eden, and another taken his up one mile east, they would needed to have reckoned themselves as living in different days, though living only about two miles apart. While standing under the same shining sun, the one to the west would have called a certain day the first day of the week, while the one to the east would have called the self-same day the seventh! To be more specific, they could not have met together for worship and kept the same Sabbath, though living only two miles apart. One would have needed to have kept his Sabbath twenty-four hours before the other kept his!

As all can readily see, this would have created confusion, and made a most unhappy and unseemly division in the Adamic family. The place which above all others on earth should have been marked as a place for family reunions and harmony in seasons of worship, would have been the place of confusion and division.

Adam was to be the father and king of the whole human family. Eden was given to him as his permanent home. His descendants would naturally scatter and make homes for themselves in all directions from Eden. Adam being father and king, and Eden being his home, his descendants, had the race not fallen, would naturally have come to him, and thus to Eden, for Sabbath services, family reunions, etc. In order that there might be harmony and a united service, they would all, from which ever quarter they might have come, needed to bring the same day with them, and all reckoned days the same when they arrived there. But this would have been impossible had they considered Eden as the place of the day-line, and went out reckoning different days on different sides of Eden.

It would be the most natural thing in the world, for men, as they migrated from Eden, to take the Eden day with them, no matter which way they travelled. When, in the course of their emigrations, they met on the other side of the earth, they would, of course, find themselves twenty-four hours apart. But this would not matter, as that would not be the place for general meetings or Sabbath services. But of all places upon the earth, Eden, the birthplace of the race, should be the place of harmony of days and unity of reckoning. But the Eden day-line theory would make it the place of utmost confusion. On the very opposite side of the earth from Eden, therefore, at the point where the streams of emigration would meet, we would naturally conclude would be the natural and proper place for the day-line. And that is where Providence, nature, emigration, and common-sense have fixed it, in the broad waters of the Pacific.

Another argument greatly confirmatory of this position is the fact that this will be the very condition and arrangement of things in the new earth, when Eden is restored. The Edenic site will be a place of general meetings and harmony in reckoning of days. This is shown from the Bible. When Christ descends at the close of the millennium, His feet will touch the Mount of Olives, which will spread out and become a great plain, preparatory to the descent and final resting- place of the New Jerusalem. Zech. 14:4,8-9; Rev. 21:2. Zechariah 14:16 shows that this is the place where the people will assemble from time to time to worship God; and Isaiah 66:22-23 says that in the new earth all flesh shall come from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, to worship before the Lord. Those who come from the east will bring the same day with them as those who come from the west. All will keep the same Sabbath at Jerusalem, not two different days, as they would necessarily if that was the place to locate the true day-line. The day-line will be on the very opposite side of the earth from Eden and Jerusalem.

The Eden day-line theory, therefore, is as wide of the mark as it possibly can be. It has neither Bible, common-sense, nor historic facts to support it. It is only one more of the many other like modern delusions and winds of doctrines brought in to evade the cross of keeping the true seventh day Sabbath, to confuse the minds of the simple, and to nullify God’s message for this time. It bears no stamp of truth or divinity about it. It teaches that in all the countries east of Palestine over to the middle of the Pacific Ocean, the people are wrong in their reckoning of the days of the week; that they are one day ahead of time; that what they call Sunday is in reality the seventh day Sabbath, and that therefore the people in India, China, Siberia, the East Indies, Japan, New Guinea, New Caledonia, Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand, and many of the islands of the Pacific should keep Sunday as the true seventh day! The people of all these countries constitute about one half the population of the globe. The Sabbath of the Lord, according to the Bible, is the seal of God; the false Sabbath is the mark of apostasy. If, however, what is called Sunday in these countries is the true Sabbath and seal of God, what, pray tell, is the mark of apostasy? Any doctrine which nullifies to half of the world the very pith and point of the last message God has for the entire world, cannot be of God. It deserves to be consigned to the silent shades of oblivion, as unworthy the serious consideration of any sane, thinking man.

by W. A. COLCORD. - http://sabbathissues.org/1906/11/false-issue-the-day-line/

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Tonga [and also Western Samoa] and American Samoa are only a few miles apart [along with a few other islands out there, and even Australia, New Zealand, Tazmania, a bit further away].

They do not need to be on the same "date" [which is a differing calculation than that of the fixed 7 day cycle] at all times, just as those in the United States do not need to be on the same date at all times as those in England, Germany, Russia, China, Australia, etc. They are however on the same date for a few hours amongst them.

Many seem to have a misunderstanding of the function of the day-line itself.

Each island has designated themselves to either side of the natural day-line [in this instance a more specific man-involved dissection] that occurs, simply by the revolution of the earth and position of the sun.

One island, being on one side of the day line will enter into the day first, and sunset first, under the same sun, as the other island has chosen to be on the other side of the day-line, and will experience the sunrise last and sunset last, the hours between them of any given day [24 hr period] will still coincide for a time, though not at all times. Notice, though that the day itself is not moved from its position in the 7 day cycle at all, only the peoples position relative to the sun and to one another.

Another non-sequitur and heretical ideology that is ofter brought up, the so-called lunar-sabbath theory, which doesn't actually exist except as it stems from the "critical" [Scripture deniers] field.

If we threw out the dayline altogether [sun] as some would want us to [obviously a dayline exists in the world], and went with the erroneous 'lunar sabbath' [moon] debacle, they would have a real [orbital] issue, from a northern and southern hemisphere, being as the appearance of the moon varies from north to south and continent to continent [just consider that in some parts of the world, an eclipse/or phase of the moon appears differently depending on location] - http://www.worldmoonproject.org/attachments/article/82/Southern_Northern Hemisphere Observations.pdf. or - http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/time/moon/hemispheres.html

A waning moon is not the same as the waxing moon. People in Canada, Northern Russia, Alaska, do not see the same phase as Argentina, Australia, etc.

Their problem is real [a whole differing part of the month], where as the dayline is not any problem at all when the evidence is actually considered, seeing as the days will be shared for a few hours.​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There is no difference if a single person took a boat or plane and crossed that dayline to Australia, and be on different time that Samoa used to be on, than a whole island “moving” across the dayline [though technically the line moved and not the island, but the principle is the same].

Was it wrong for the single persons which travelled by boat/plane etc to be in harmony with the new time when they landed etc? No. It works the same for a whole Island, or even continent if that were to happen. The people in Australia are properly keeping the time, as those on the other side of the day line are. If one were to 'move' across the day line, they must come into harmony with those on that side, otherwise they would come to confusion and so disorientate others, even if not purposefully so.

It happens all of the time.

This issue is not of days, but of persons in regards their understanding of position in relation to the day/date line. In fact, sunday [first day churches] in such locations also have issues with their members in understanding these things, but the 'problem' is spread beyond religion, as it also affects the thinking of secular persons as well.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Excuses, excuses:

"... Therefore, when the sun goes down for Sabbath at American Samoa the sun will go down at Tonga a few minutes later, but it will not be the same day of the week. ..."

One Island experienced the day already, while the other is finishing that day, getting ready to follow the other into the next day. Again, the day itself is not altered, nor changed, only their respective position on earth to the sun, and to each other. The reason for this is because of their positions to the dayline itself, being just on the either side of it, next to each others position upon the globe. They [as many] travel back and forth just fine and adjust to the day that they are now entering into. Notice, the people move, the day does not.

What about:

International Dateline
International Date Line Map and Explanation

First of all, if humans get to choose which side of the date line they are on it is not a decision made by God from the foundation of the world.

God has given choice to men [mankind] in some [not all] things. As a for instance, men [individuals] may choose to fast on certain days, of their own choosing, in their relationship to God, on any given day of the week, or month, or year. Others [individuals] may in the same day, month or year, choose to celebrate and feast unto the LORD on those same days or on others. Both groups of individuals may even be dwelling in the same house [location] at the same time doing the two differing things.

God, from the beginning gave dominion of the earth to Adam [then to Noah], then to Christ Jesus [Second/Last Adam]. He told them [Adam/Eve] to multiply and replenish [fill] the earth:

Genesis 1:28 KJB - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Adam/Eve began in the Garden of Eden. Their children could then go out from them and fill the whole earth. Some would go "east", some would go "west", some go "south" and some go "north", as they chose in God's allowance. It is not evil, nor is it transgression to choose in that allowance to end up being on differing sides of even the natural day line, from Creation.

Mankind, through marriage and migration could go where they would, in God's allowance:

Genesis 2:24 KJB - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
We even see the earth being "filled" by men [though with violence] in the days of Noah, see Genesis 6:11 and Genesis 6:13.

Filling the earth and being in differing portions, and on opposite sides of the earth and natural day-line [from Creation] is no violation of anything, but it is a fulfillment of God's commandment to "replenish" [fill] the earth.

This does not violate anything God has given in His word [see Romans 14, among others]. Especially at the tower of Babel, we see mankind being "scattered" by God, over all the earth, even as He had wanted it from Creation [Genesis 11:4; Genesis 11:8].

If men chose to go in any one of the four directions, in the allowance of God, that was their freedom to do so.

As a P.S., and as an aside, mankind has other lines, not just the international day-line. We also have, especially in large continents, like the Americas and United States therein, have multiple lines, like Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Standard Time, Eastern Time, as well as Daylights saving Time. Not all the states follow a simple straight line, and not all states in the United States follow the daylights saving times. These do not really affect the days in their order either.

Excuses, excuses:

"... And secondly it is not a straight line, therefore it is not just about the rotation of the earth. ..."

Yes, I understand the international day-line is not a straight line [thus the human dissection at certain specific remote locales, like Tonga, Samoa, etc]. This line does not have to be "straight", as demonstrated in my previous replies. Since whether "straight" or as it currently is, bending to the service of mankind in daily life, in the allowance of God, does not alter a single day in the position of the 7 day Cycle from Creation. Again, notice that from the beginning mankind was given dominion over the earth and the things therein. Adam was "crowned" King [in stewardship under God, being owner]. Thus we see Jesus say, that "the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath". Though mankind could not ever change the Commandment, neither the specific day [the 7th Day] therein, they could end up in differing parts of the world, or on opposing sides of the natural day-line, or a more minutely man-dissected one [in the rare cases of Tonga, Samoa, etc], in the allowance of God. This, as demonstrated does not alter the day, it merely allows for mankind to be in differing parts of the world, experiencing that day where they are positioned under the sun and from one another. There is no sin in it, nor evil.

However, some of mankind, has come to some confusion, due to satan's misleading information in regards to it. Some persons have a hard time wrapping their head around invisible [abstract] things, like numbers.

Excuses, excuses:

"... One group of people could be celebrating Sabbath and another group of people directly North or South of them could be celebrating Sabbath on a different day. Therefore, it is a decision made by men. ..."

Again, that is the misunderstanding. They are not celebrating Sabbath on a different day. It is simply the Sabbath in their respective locations due to the day-line. It is no different than the United States celebrating Sabbath [Pac. time] and Australia then [after so many hours Pac. time] celebrating theirs [Aus. time]. It is the same Day, the 7th Day, the Sabbath, but yet, the two countries will be seen to enter into the 7th Day the Sabbath in their respective locations, at whenever the sun goes down therein. It is the same Sabbath day, the same 7th Day. The one island [Western Samoa; aka "Samoa"] that is celebrating Sabbath this weeks end will be celebrating it on the 7th Day, the 24th of October [beginning at 'friday' [23rd] sundown' where they are], being the first to see sunset. The other Islands [American Samoa], being on the other side of the day line, are a 'day' [so many hours] behind, and will have to wait until their sundown comes [being the last in line to see sunset], which to them will also be the 7th Day, October 24th [same as other].

What about:

"... If you look at the map in the Kosher travel guide, you will see there is no clear direction to the actual Sabbath date in an area from eastern Asia all the way to Alaska. There are several different opinions given in the Kosher Travel Guide as to which one is the actual Sabbath date. ..."

Kosher is not [necessarily] scriptural, it is talmudic [R[abbi]. said this, R. said that]/halachic. Opinion is not what is needful, but rather, "Thus saith the LORD". Therefore, scripture is needful. This scriptural evidence was already provided at the beginning. Also, the Jews [in general] cannot properly keep the Sabbath anyway, in any location, since the 7th Day is the Sabbath of the LORD [Jesus]. If they knowingly refuse Jesus, what good is it to do what they do?

Most who ask these things do not seem to be interested in keeping the Sabbath Holy upon any means of chronological keeping, but simply seem to be desirous to throw out into the forum as much disinformation into the thread, without verification, to attempt to bring disrepute upon the Sabbath of the LORD. I will advise any who do to now cease from it, as it cannot go well for anyone who does that. It will come back upon their own head. In love, I share with all.

Excuses, excuses:

"... Being a retired science teacher with an interest in astronomy, I have the basic knowledge needed to understand the relationship between the motions of the sun, moon, and earth in determining time of day, etc. ..."

Excellent, then see my previous links [for instance - http://www.christianforums.com/thre...w-edness-i-tell-you-mow-edness.7853001/page-4 ], demonstrating from numerous sources that the moon cycles are in no way in connection to the 7 Day cycle from Genesis. It is two differing ways of chronological keeping of time. One for the week, the other for the month. The 7th Day, in its cycle, is unchanging in either position of the dayline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Excuses, excuses:

"... Which dayline is the question?

Is it the Jerusalem Longitude ... the CHAZON ISH ... IDL ... POSKIM LINE ... RAV TUKATZINSKY LINE ...?

All of these are based on the conventions of man and show they cannot be connected to the unchanging 7th Day, in it's cycle, from God.

http://www.star-k.org/kashrus/kk-trav-dateline2.htm

Look at the map in the link above to see the problem. ..."

This problem is of their own making, and even one of rabbinism [perhaps they need to consult their "rav"], and is none of those who follow after Jesus. The excuses proffered by such, are lame, and to disobey God [John 14:15; Exodus 20:6], is faithlessness.

Three are come about through rabbinism. The IDL is not of rabbinic origin as the other three. They are not equal. Furthermore, Jerusalem on earth is not the home of the Christian, the New Jerusalem above is.

What our Holy God commands, all may obey by their faith in God, for in each Holy Commandment of the Heavenly Father, is the promise and strength of Holy God Himself.

Why would a Christian observe anything concocted through the rabbinical talmudic processes [R. said this, and R. said that... ie., "chazon ish", "poskim", "rav tukatzinsky", rather than, "thus saith the LORD"?

God declares, that it is He that "... removeth kings, and setteth up kings..." [Daniel 2:21]; "... that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will ..." [Daniel 4:17,25,32], and all are to obey, in the LORD, and as unto the LORD those things which are ordained of God, for God recognizes legitimate authority on earth:

Romans 13:1 KJB - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Romans 13:2 KJB - Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Romans 13:3 KJB - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Romans 13:4 KJB - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Romans 13:5 KJB - Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

1 Peter 2:13 KJB - Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

1 Peter 2:14 KJB - Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

1 Peter 2:15 KJB - For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

1 Peter 2:16 KJB - As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

1 Peter 2:17 KJB - Honour all [men]. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
The legitimately recognized governments under Heaven [kingdoms and their kings/rules/governors] in those locations abide by the IDL, in their respective locations, determining to be on side or the other as they see fit, through vote, or decision by proper council of the elected person, in the allowance of God, to serve the purposes of men, in the daily activity. The Holy 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD [Jesus] thy God is not changed, altered, removed, but stands ever steadfast even for ever and ever.

A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ, God, the only true "Rabbi", the "Teacher":

Matthew 23:8 - But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.​

etc.

Excuses, excuses:

"... This proves the observance of Sabbath must either be tied to a local event in Jerusalem or the appearance of a particular moon phase as a local event, which can occur in some locations. However, there can also be complications that come into effect at higher latitudes.

Above the Arctic Circle there are times when there is no sunset or sunrise during some seasons of the year. ..."

Proven? Far, far from it.

It was demonstrated in the previous material and links, it is not linked to local earthly Jerusalem, as the Sabbath is found to originate in Genesis 2:1-3 even as per Exodus 20:8-11. Jerusalem on earth did not yet even exist.

The 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD [not judean] is also not found to be rooted in the origin of the moon [created on the 4th day], but in the Light of the Glory of God Himself [Jesus Christ], from the very First day, per 2 Corinthians 4:4-6 and many other texts.

The complications only come to those who look to disobey God and refuse His Commandment. They are out of the way. They are at enmity with God and His Law. They refuse the Holy Commandment delivered unto them.

Higher latitudes? Arctic circle? Do these persons who ask such live there? Yes/No? [99.9%] No. I am surprised they did not attempt further distraction with mention of the so-called ISS. Now, if any think that the arctic circle posses any problem, let us turn to the word of God, but before so doing, know that those which seek a 'lunar solution', have similar things to deal with in those regions, as there are days in which the moon cannot be seen above the horizon "(No Moon phenomena occur on this day.)", for instance in 2009, from January 19-25, in Barrow Alaska, and etc:

Sun and Moon Data for One Day

However, do notice, that there is still "civil time" kept, by various chronological methods, whether written, water clocks, or other time-pieces kept [battery, digital, internet], which again is proper ["'civil", local government time which determines 'sunset' and 'sunrise' through various calculatory methods, of the suns highest/lowest rising/setting positions, or brightest [light/day]/darkest [night] portions etc] under the allowance of God under those extreme circumstances.

Others take notice of this:

"The Moon cannot be seen at the moment of New Moon - as printed on the calendar for instance - it's much too near the Sun (as seen from Earth - it's not actually nearby the Sun, but it's in almost the same direction from Earth). You might see it the following evening, but the crescent will still be so thin and in the glare of the Sun that it usually can't be spotted unless you're in a really ideal location. If you're in the tropics, or if it's springtime in your hemisphere, then the new crescent will be relatively high in the sky, and easier to see. In other places - even if the sky is clear of clouds - it can be hard to spot the new crescent Moon, as it can be very low in the sky and set very soon after the Sun. It's fun to try to spot it though! Usually you won't be able to see it until two or three days after the New Moon time. It helps to have a good prediction of exactly where it should be - some planetarium-type software can be helpful. The first actual sighting of the new crescent marks the beginning of a new calendar month for Moslem people who follow their traditional lunar-based calendar." - Moon FAQ

Excuses, excuses:

"... All of this shows that keeping Sabbath is not as simple as some claim. ..."

Only for the disobedient and ignorant of God's word, ignoring the evidence of Scripture, History and Science.

Simplicity, even a child may do [Psalms 40:8 KJB]:

Proverbs 20:11 KJB - Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work [be] pure, and whether [it be] right.

Proverbs 22:6 KJB - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Deuteronomy 30:2 KJB - And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;​

Yet, we know by scripture [KJB] there are two kinds of children, those of their Father in Heaven, and those children of disobedience and of their father on earth.

Jesus Christ, honours His Father in Heaven, and keeps His Commandments. Thus those that are His, He being with the always, He instructs in the Way.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The false flat earth theory [heresy] has some interesting origins and connections:

According to Muhammad and the Muslim teachings, the Earth is Flat:

Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Al Ra'd 13:3 -

“... And He it is Who spread out, extended [flat], the earth and set, created, therein firm mountains and rivers, and of every fruit He has made in it two kinds, of every species. He covers, He cloaks, the night, and its darkness, with the day. Surely in that, which is mentioned, are signs, indications of His Oneness, exalted be He, for a people who reflect, upon God’s handiwork. ...”
Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Al Hijr 15:19 -

“... And the earth We have stretched it out, spread it flat, and cast therein firm mountains, lest it should sway beneath its inhabitants, and caused to grow therein every kind of balanced thing, [every kind of thing] known and determined. ...”
Surah Al Zukhruf 43:10 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -

“... Who has made for you the earth like a bed, and has made for you roads therein, in order that you may find your way ...”
Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Al Zukhruf 43:10 -

“... He Who made the earth a cradle for you, a flat resting-place, like a child’s cradle, and placed for you therein ways, routes, that perhaps you may be guided, to your destinations during your travels; ...”
Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Nuh 71:19 -

“... And God has made the earth a flat [open] expanse for you, ...”
Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Al Nazi'at 79:30 -

“... and after that He spread out the earth: He made it flat, for it had been created before the heaven, but without having been spread out; ...”
Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Al Ghashiyah 88:20 -

“... [88:20] - “And the earth, how it was laid out flat?”, [Tafsir al-Jalalyn translation on Surah 88:20] and thus infer from this the power of God, exalted be He, and His Oneness? The commencing with the [mention of] camels is because they are closer in contact with it [the earth] than any other [animal]. As for His words sutihat, ‘laid out flat’, this on a literal reading suggests that the earth is flat, which is the opinion of most of the scholars of the [revealed] Law, and not a sphere as astronomers (ahl al-hay’a) have it, even if this [latter] does not contradict any of the pillars of the Law. ...”
Tafsir al-Jalalayn translation and notation on Surah Al Shams 91:6 -

“... and [by] the earth and the One Who spread it, laid out flat. ...”

Please compare a false prophet [Abu al Qasim] to a true messenger of the LORD or prophet [Ellen G. White] - The 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD was made for a round world - spheroid - & IDL, or the Day Line

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Paul has warned :
Col 2:16 So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.
The salvation and redeeming of the qualities and posts of the other thread:

I would like to add - here is the old Thread -
[COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word]

A super summary of Colossians 2; Ephesians 2 & Hebrews 9-10 - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

"... If I may ask, since when is the Ten Commandments of God ever "shadow"? The scripture says:

Proverbs 6:23 KJB - For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Psalms 119:105 KJB - NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Isaiah 8:20 KJB - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Will they tell me Colossians 2:16-17? See the context, and compare to Ephesians 2 and Hebrews 9-10 KJB. Those are carnal and shadowy things.

God's Ten Commandments are Light and Spiritual things:

Romans 7:14 KJB - For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
See for yourself:

Show me the word "sabbath", "law", "commandment/s", "the 7th day" in the passages of Romans 14 KJB.

Romans 14 KJB, deals with the days that "man esteemeth" among men, see Luke 16:15 KJB. God esteems His Holy day [Job 23:12; Psalms 119:126-128 KJB].

The "day" in Romans 14 is associated with eating and not eating, among "men", which are days set apart for men for fasting/feasting, etc. The Jews had constantly fought with one another over which days were better to do this or that [Matthew 9:14; Mark 2:18; Luke 5:33, 18:12 KJB]. Some Jews decide that any day was fine to do any of those things, while others had specific days picked out for those things [see also the historical source the "Didache"]. Paul stated it didn't matter, and each was fine, so long as either side did it unto the LORD, to the glory of God, not for personal gain/prestige/notice [as the Pharisees had done], but that what mattered was brotherly love within the body, preferring one another.

Connect Romans 14, to 1 Corinthians 8-10 KJB. There were issues with the Gentile believers purchasing food in the shambles [marketplaces] which may have been blessed or offered before idols, and some Jews, and possibly Gentiles believers which took offence at anyone partaking of those things. Paul stated that an Idol is nothing, but the persons for whom Christ Jesus died were of value, and therefore, regard the conscience of another, and cause no one to sin, even if what was eaten was immediately lawful to a person, but such freedom within God's law, not everything is always expedient, or best to do at all times. There were also Jewish beleivers in Christ who still under their vows, even Nazarite vows, and thus things of the vine in matters of eating and drinking would come into play as well. Just because Christ Jesus died on the Cross, doesn't negate their vow - they still had to carry out what they said they would do.

If you Read Romans 1-13, the Law, the Ten Comamndments of God are spoken of and cited throughout, as eternal, as the judge of sin [Romans 7:7 KJB; in fact how did you know you needed as Saviour? What Law was transgressed by yourself? Exodus 20:1-17 KJB], and Romans 15-16 continue and complete this picture. God's Ten Commandments are Eternal [Psalms 89:34 KJB], His Sabbath from Genesis to Revelation, even into the New Heavens and New Earth [Isaiah 66:22-23 KJB].

Colossians 2 KJB, parallels Ephesians 2 KJB, and Hebrews 9-10 KJB. The language is the same. The "ordinances" in Colossians 2 deals with "shadows", such as the daily "meat and drink" offerings of a worldly sanctuary and carnal ordinances, the seasonal "feast days", the monthly "new moons", and the year based "sabbaths", in the singular, every 7 and 50th years, as Paul is citing Psalms 98:1-3; and Ezekiel 45:17 KJB with other texts.

The Sabbath of the LORD thy God is always called "my [as in God's] sabbaths", and the others in Leviticus 23:4 onward are called "your [the peoples] sabbaths" [Leviticus 26:35 KJB] which are "beside [given in addition to] the sabbaths of the LORD" [Leviticus 23:38 KJB]. The Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath of the 4th Commandment, are "light" [Proverbs 6:23, Isaiah 8:20, 51:4 KJB], never a "shadow", are "spiritual" [Romans 7:14 KJB], never "carnal" [Hebrews 9:10 KJB].

Colossians 2:14 - "ordinances"
Ephesians 2:15 - "law of commandments contained in ordinances"
Hebrews 9:1 - "ordinances of divine service"
Hebrews 9:10 - "carnal ordinances"

Colossians 2:16 - "in meat, or in drink" [offerings]
Hebrews 9:10 - "meats and drinks" [offerings]

Colossians 2:12 - "also ye are risen with him"
Ephesians 2:6 - "raised us up together"

Colossians 2:16 - "a shadow of things to come"
Ephesians 2:7 - "in the ages to come"
Hebrews 9:11 - "of good things to come"
Hebrews 10:1 - "the law having a shadow of good things to come", "those sacrifices", "offered year by year"
[ps. none of the Ten Commandments deal with carnal sacrifices]
etc. ..."

Part 1

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Paul has warned :
Col 2:16 So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.
The salvation and redeeming of the qualities and posts of the other thread:

Part 2

And a quick summary of the questions and answers to Colossians 2 KJB:

[1] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[2A] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[2B] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[3] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[3sub] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[4] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[5] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[6] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[6 part 2] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[6 part 3] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[7A] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[7B] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[8] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[the curse of the law] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[books of record in Heaven] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[what the old covenant was not] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[the old and new/everlasting covenants] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Abraham, Moses and Christians the friends of God] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Jesus is Israel part 1] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Jesus is Israel part 2] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Jesus is Israel part 3] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Jesus is Israel part 4] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Jesus is Israel part 5] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[losing salvation and 2 Corinthians 3]
- COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[salvation by Grace through Faith unto good works] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[the morality of the Sabbath commandment, Exodus 20:8-11 KJB] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[no such thing as the "Jewish sabbath", it's a myth] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Galatians 3] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Behold Jesus] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Romans 14, and Man Esteemeth, Romans Law] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Paul's use of the Ten Commandments] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[words "cheirografon toiV dogmasin" never mean "certificate of debt"] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[again the words "cheirografon toiV dogmasin" never mean "certificate of debt" and the vulgate of Jerome] -
COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Colossians 2 and the connection to Laodicea] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Covered vs Blotted out 1] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Covered vs Blotted out 2] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Covered vs Blotted out 3] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Covered vs Blotted out 4] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Released from the condemnation of the Law, born again to Obey the Law] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[What Law is on the heart?] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Again, What Law is on the heart, that was on the Heart of Jesus?] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[Born Again in the OT, The baptism of the Holy Spirit in the OT] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[just some good spiritual music] - COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word
These are the scriptural [KJB] points.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
People better learn the Bible instead of reading and copying it.

Proverbs 18:17 KJB - He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.​

You ought to read through what has already been presented in quite some detail on that specific verse that is wronged [even by the translation].

Proverbs 18:13 KJB - He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.​

Scripture says:

1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJB - Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.​

It does not say to ignore evidence presented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
People better learn the Bible instead of reading and copying it.
Besides to read it erroneously as is usually done would negate another scripture:

In fact, we can look at another issue that comes along with the abandonment of Leviticus 16 & 23, and that is to say the "feasts" of the LORD.

The typological is being fulfilled by Christ Jesus, the reality, but we must participate with Him in them. Yet, there are two errors that many fall into:

[1] Many who throw away the Feasts do not realize that they need to keep them still [not in their type, but in their antitype].

[2] There are also many on the other side of the coin, attempting to keep the typical and cannot, for numerous reasons [one of which they are one the wrong calendar, they are on the rabbinical Hillel II, rather than the Karaite/scriptural], and miss keeping the Anti-typical.​

Notice what Paul says:

1 Corinthians 5:8 KJB - Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Therefore, do not make the mistake of casting aside the Feasts of Leviticus 16 & 23, and do not make the mistake of attempting to keep the typical. The truth is neither of those two ditches, but the central point is to keep the Anti-typical.

For instance, Keep the Anti-typical "Passover", which is Christ Jesus, accepting the Lamb of God into the Life, and the "unleavened" which is a life without sin [malice and wickedness]:

1 Corinthians 5:7 KJB - Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Keep the Anti-typical "Firstfruits"/Wavesheaf, which is Christ Jesus resurrected from the dead, and thus live the life resurrected from the dead [for the old man of sin is dead, and Christ Jesus lives on in us]:

1 Corinthians 15:20 KJB - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1 Corinthians 15:23 KJB - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
Keep the Anti-typical "Pentecost", which is a life continually filled with the Holy Ghost/Spirit:

Acts 2:1 KJB - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 2:2 KJB - And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Acts 2:3 KJB - And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:4 KJB - And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.​

All of those happened in the past, according to their proper timing in their anti-typical "spring", Ecclesiastes 3:1 KJB. However there were still 3 Feasts to go after Pentecost, which would come after a long "anti-typical summer", in the anti-typical "fall":

Trumpets [1833/34 AD], see Revelation 9:5,6,10 KJB; anti-typical 7 Month 1st day

Day of Atonement [1843/44 AD onward; RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE HERE IN ANTI-TYPICAL FEAST TIME] [the Sabbath of Sabbaths], see Revelation 9:13-15; Daniel 8:13,14,26; Revelation 14:6-7; 1 Kings 8:1-15, etc KJB; anti-typical 7 Month, 10th Day

There were 4 duties of the congregation to do on this day, in the anti-typical fashion:

[1] "holy convocation"

Hebrews 10:25 KJB - Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Two things:

[1] the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD of each week,

[2] the greater 7,000 [2 Peter 3:8; Psalms 90:4; Isaiah 24; Revelation 20 KJB] year Sabbath coming, preparing for it
2 Thessalonians 2:1 KJB - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

Matthew 13:30 KJB - Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

the 3 Angels [and the 4th] are the Reapers ... gathering, and splitting the two groups even now ... for the splitting and separation must be done before Jesus comes ...
[2] "afflict your souls"

Joel 2:17 KJB - Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?

Ezekiel 9:4 KJB - And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Isaiah 58:5 KJB - Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

Isaiah 58:6 KJB - Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Isaiah 58:7 KJB - Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Isaiah 58:8 KJB - Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

Isaiah 58:9 KJB - Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Isaiah 58:10 KJB - And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
[3] "offering made by fire unto the LORD"

1 Peter 1:7 KJB - That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 3:13 KJB - Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Revelation 3:18 KJB - I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

2 Timothy 4:6 KJB - For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

Acts 9:15 KJB - But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

1 Kings 8:4 KJB - And they brought up the ark of the LORD, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and all the holy vessels that were in the tabernacle, even those did the priests and the Levites bring up.

Isaiah 66:20 KJB - And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

1 Thessalonians 4:4 KJB - That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

2 Timothy 2:21 KJB - If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Matthew 23:26 KJB - Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
[4] "keep Sabbath", "rest", "no work"

The putting away of all sin, and works salvation, entering into the rest with Him, from the foundation of the world, the 7th Day.

Exodus 33:14 KJB - And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Isaiah 28:9 KJB - Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 KJB - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:11 KJB - For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isaiah 28:12 KJB - To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 28:13 KJB - But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Matthew 11:28 KJB - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:29 KJB - Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 11:30 KJB - For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Hebrews 4:1 KJB - Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Hebrews 4:2 KJB - For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 4:3 KJB - For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:4 KJB - For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:5 KJB - And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Hebrews 4:6 KJB - Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hebrews 4:7 KJB - Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Hebrews 4:8 KJB - For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 4:9 KJB - There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Hebrews 4:10 KJB - For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Hebrews 4:11 KJB - Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:12 KJB - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hebrews 4:13 KJB - Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

See also Isaiah 58, combined with Job 29 KJB
Booths/Tabernacles/Ingathering [coming soon to a city near YOU!]; anti-typical 7th month, 15th day onward

Connect Leviticus 23, to Revelation 14:14-20 KJB, etc.

The Trumpets, Day of Atonement and Booths could never have taken place at the Cross, at the Resurrection, at the Ascension from Mt. Olivet or even at the destruction of Jerusalem. They could not happen until the nearing of the end of the 2,300 day/years of Daniel.​

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0