Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In a time of crisis, they threw you to the wolves.

I thought you said Texans learn from their mistakes?
Kinda' like was done with the crisis on the east cost and Covid in the nursing homes?

When the Texas death tole gets to 1% of that death tole, we can revisit this.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Clare73 said:
It's about in the time of emergency, Texans would have to ration for the sake of those who don't want to spend the money or do the nasty job of developing their own power.
You are seriously ignorant about how it works.
Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do we also mention the part where Mexico had recently banned slavery to the strong opposition of many prominent Texans too, or is that one of those things we're not supposed to mention?
Kinda' like the Civil War?

Slavery wasn't invented in America, it was in the world for millennia before America practiced it.

However, slavery was abolished in America, and at great price of American blood and treasure--over 650,000 Union soldier's lives,
and much Union property destroyed.

What other country has done that?

And now those who have never been victims of slavery seek reparation from those who've never practiced slavery.

So where's the justice in that?

Do the German and Japanese citizens of today owe America for all the blood and treasure lost in WWII?

The coming ignorance of American history is palpable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kinda' like was done with the crisis on the east cost and Covid in the nursing homes?

It's been there for a while. *death toll*
New York Coronavirus: 1,626,786 Cases and 47,019 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldometer
New York
Coronavirus Cases: 1,626,016
Deaths: 47,019
Recovered: 677,365
Texas Coronavirus: 2,597,471 Cases and 42,312 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldometer
Texas
Coronavirus Cases: 2,597,471
Deaths: 42,312
Recovered: 2,325,410
The death rate in NY is higher, but not 99% higher.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So we won't be revisiting the Texas power outage until 470 have died from it.

Thanks.
Death from power outages is relatively rare. There are places where one can get food and shelter. The main people dying from the cold are the homeless, who are hard to keep track of.

The power outages not only cause loss of life, though. Far bigger is the property damage. Burst water pipes, collapsing roofs and similiar damages can cause catastrophic loss of wealth for a lot of people. I also assume that a lot of people in texas aren't insured against damage caused by snow storms, and even if they are, insurance companies often do their hardest not to pay out what they're owed.

And on top of that, there is the damage due to lost productivity. The loss of wealth due to an entire state's factories operating on low or zero capacity must be staggering.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's about in the time of emergency, Texans would have to ration for the sake of those who don't want to spend the money

Or don't have the money to spend,

or do the nasty job of developing their own power.

Or who don't know how.

Have a nice death, I suppose.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I'm assuming you mean "toll."

If the East coast is what you need to justify your defense of your own leaders, you had best postpone Texit... what will you do without a scapegoat... assume responsibility or something?

On the other hand, now might be a good time for Texas to vamoose... we'll save a bundle in foreign aid, When DC becomes a state, we won't have to change the flags, and the Texans will learn a valuable lesson when their economy collapses... because where does the money come from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or don't have the money to spend,
So they want Texas to spend theirs.
That's a choice. . .they can cut waste or increase taxes, or even better--do both.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
So we won't be revisiting the Texas power outage until 470 have died from it.

Thanks.

I want you to go in person and personally tell the people who don’t have electricity, heat, or clean water right now and tell them their problem doesn’t matter until more of them die. I wish you the best of luck of returning from there in one piece.

On second thought, all of Texas had 882 deaths from COVID this past week and Harris County, Texas alone has reported 10 hypothermia deaths so we’ve already easily broken the 1% death barrier, so you get to sit here and discuss it by your own standards.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm assuming you mean "toll."

If the East coast is what you need to justify your defense of your own leaders, you had best postpone Texit... what will you do without a scapegoat... assume responsibility or something?

On the other hand, now might be a good time for Texas to vamoose... we'll save a bundle in foreign aid, When DC becomes a state, we won't have to change the flags, and the Texans will learn a valuable lesson when their economy collapses... because where does the money come from?
Yep. . toll.

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw the same "concern" for the thousands who were denied the medical care of the hospital ship offshore and the Javits Convention Center--both of those facilities being out-fitted and staffed as a hospital--and instead sent to nursing homes to infect others, and where they were unable to adequately care for them.

The Defense Dept. had reservations about introducing Covid onto the ship, and put it at the end of the line for availability, but what about the Javits Convention Center, completely hospital outfitted and staffed. For what possible "humane reason and concern" were all those infected people, instead of being sent to the Javits Center, sent to nursing homes to infect the residents there, and which were unable to care for them?

The sheer hypocrisy here reveals it's not about "concern" for suffering Texans, it's just politics looking for another object to impale on the cancel post. . .what it does best. . .and at the price of all that America strives to be. . .imperfectly, yes, but what on earth is perfect. . .other than the self-righteous, here and in cancel politics?

So I'll be getting back to all the self righteousness here when the death toll for the Texas power outage reaches 470, which is 1% of the death toll above.

'Til then. . .adios, amigos!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yep. . toll.

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw the same "concern" for the thousands who were denied the medical care of the hospital ship offshore and the convention center, both of those facilities being out-fitted and staffed as a hospital.

I'll be getting back to all the self righteousness here when the death toll for the Texas power outage reaches 470.

Bye!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yep. . toll.

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw the same "concern" for the thousands who were denied the medical care of the hospital ship offshore and the convention center, both of those facilities being out-fitted and staffed as a hospital.

I'll be getting back to all the self righteousness here when the death toll for the Texas power outage reaches 470.

Feel free to not come back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yep. . toll.

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw the same "concern" for the thousands who were denied the medical care of the hospital ship offshore and the convention center--both of those facilities being out-fitted and staffed as a hospital--and instead sent to nursing homes to infect others, and where they were unable to adequately care for them.

You do realize that the entity responsible for denying medical to those people was the Department of Defense right?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's a choice.

Poverty is a choice? Well, it'll certainly be their choice if they choose to secede.

Lots of folks don't think about where the money comes from until it gets cut off...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yep. . toll.

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw the same "concern" for the thousands who were denied the medical care of the hospital ship offshore and the convention center--both of those facilities being out-fitted and staffed as a hospital--and instead sent to nursing homes to infect others, and where they were unable to adequately care for them.

Were you concerned in the slightest?

I'll be getting back to all the self righteousness here when the death toll for the Texas power outage reaches 470, which is 1% of the death toll above.

It's not often I meet a Christian who isn't pro-life... I suppose in the end, it's all just a numbers game...

One place you won't be getting back to is Texas -- I snuck a peek at your profile; you're from North Carolina... I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to get rid of Texans,but shouldn't you think the matter through before cutting their economy off at the knees?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ben Taub is not like all other private hospitals.
It’s like all teaching hospitals and all “safety net” hospitals. BT is operated by a hospital authority. They are as Common as walletectomies.

Upvote 0