singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1:1

Help us spread the word. Please share this page with all your friends.

excellent testimony for God

Genesis 1:1 KJV
the creation

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Angel's Light

Feb 25, 2010
✟8,110.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
lilmissmontana,

I have to be honest here and tell you that you are a great inspiration to me. I feel God really does lead us where we need to be and he has lead me here to this forum. Your testimony and all the trials you have gone through are proof that God is with us and will help us if we only ask.

The fact that you are as gracious as you are, in spite of all that has happened speaks to me and I thank you for sharing your testimony.

I also thank the others who have shared and would like to let them know that they too have spoken to my heart.

My testimony is nothing more than I have found my way back home after years of being gone and am more than happy that I have. God showed the way back home and I am forever grateful to him.

All, you have to do is reach out to him, ask him and believe and he will guide you. God is all powerful and all knowing. God is Grand and Good. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit will lead if you're willing to follow.

I pray that God continues to poor his blessings out on all.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
lilmissmontana,

I have to be honest here and tell you that you are a great inspiration to me. I feel God really does lead us where we need to be and he has lead me here to this forum. Your testimony and all the trials you have gone through are proof that God is with us and will help us if we only ask.

The fact that you are as gracious as you are, in spite of all that has happened speaks to me and I thank you for sharing your testimony.

I also thank the others who have shared and would like to let them know that they too have spoken to my heart.

My testimony is nothing more than I have found my way back home after years of being gone and am more than happy that I have. God showed the way back home and I am forever grateful to him.

All, you have to do is reach out to him, ask him and believe and he will guide you. God is all powerful and all knowing. God is Grand and Good. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit will lead if you're willing to follow.

I pray that God continues to poor his blessings out on all.

It blesses me greatly to know the things the Lord has carried me through inspires another soul ... what more could we hope for! I appreciate your kind and loving words. Please know all the credit must go to the Lord. Without Him I would have most likely suceeded in killing myself a long time ago or would have fallen prey to the enemy. That's an urge I truly don't miss. Learning to like myself and find good in myself in spite of the world was a battle I lost long before I reached a place where He could work with me ... I'm so truly and totally grateful to the Lord for loving me enough to pull me out of the miserable pit of a life I saw ... so much that I could no longer see the good ... well, enough ... suffice it to say for lack of better words, all is well in my soul and God is nothing but pure, honest goodness ... and I don't have enough words to say how much I love Him and how much I'm grateful for His presence in my life.

:) and ... welcome home ... I know there is joy in heaven over that ...

God bless
lilmiss

Upvote 0

Angel's Light

Feb 25, 2010
✟8,110.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This isn't a testemonie for me, but for someone in our church.

Our pastor put a promise box up front and stated that we could put in prayer requests and some of us did. Well since this has happened I know of two that were answered.

1. A woman's daughter has trouble breathing and she needs to use a breathing machine and inhaler at least 3 times a day, well in the past month she has only needed to use the inhaler 3-4. Praise the Lord, her breathing is getting better.

2. This other woman asked for a better life for her daughter. Well, her daughter has gotten a better job, a better apartment and guess what the job she has now is with Christian's. Again Praise the Lord.

He answered prayers. He blesses his children. If the world and all her splendor isn't proof enough for you that God is real, well the testemonies is in thread should be.

• Winner
Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

Lost No More

A Child Of The King
Sep 27, 2011
✟7,654.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May this Testimony be a blessing to all those who read it.

Before we moved from NC to Coeburn VA i used to drink a lot. I was so depressed i thought that the bottle would soften the pain i felt. So every weekend and even some week nights,i drank. I used to sit and drink a whole bottle of Scotch in less than a hour and for what. It did not stop the pain i felt or tame the rage i carried inside. One night though,it did bring it out! On a Friday night (after a bottle) while sitting in our computer room my best friend said something that for what ever reason caused me to lose it,i think it was something regarding the father i was to my son's but i really dont remember. It was not something he said on purpose to upset me but it did and i went into a rage that i was told the next day, shook the house! I was sitting in front of a large wood corner computer desk and with one hit i broke it half then i swung to both sides and made sure that there was only pieces left.

I hit the desk so hard that it caused the computer monitor to fly up and put a hole in the ceiling.i hit it so hard that my arms were cut and heavily bruised from it! I'm 6ft 7inch,330 pounds and it scares me even now to think what would have happened if it would have been my wife or child in front of me instead of a desk? All of that anger was a result the rage and hatred i had kept hidden from my family and friends,something that i thought i could handle but could not so it built up inside of me. I had a good life then, so where did all of that hate and anger come from? I really think it was Satan trying to kill me before i found the faith that i had been searching for,trying to kill me before i found the love of God!

After moving to VA i stopped drinking the hard stuff but starting drinking beer,a lot! A 6 pack every night and a case or more on the weekends. All during the first year or so my wife wanted me to go to church with her and i did a few times but because my heart and mind were still closed i got little from it. After losing control i no longer got really drunk but i did enjoy getting a good buzz from time to time and when i did,i wanted to talk about faith and God. It was my wife that caught the brunt of my anger when our discussions became more like an argument! So even though it would start out as a light hearted discussion,it would always end up as a shouting match.

I would tell my wife things such as, i blamed God for the loss of all of my family in the last 10 years and that i blamed him for the state of this world,what with all of the sin running rampant around the globe,it was his fault! I also said other things during this time but i also told her that even though i was hurting inside and angry at God,i still wanted to find my faith. My wife,God bless her,stayed strong no matter what i said. She stood her ground and told me that God loved me,that he would take away all of the rage and hate i felt inside,the suicidal thoughts i had....i just had to let him. I listened to her but the next day i forgot most of what,not only what she said but what i said as well. You know what,God was listening to us and he did not forget a thing. I thought i was forever lost but he had plains for me!

July of 2010 my youngest sun became sick. We nor our local doctor really had any idea as to what was wrong with him so they sent him to the Children's hospital in Kingsport TN. They ran many tests on him but could only come to one possible conclusion and that was he had some form of infection in his spinal cord caused by an insect bite,something that could end up being very bad for him! Needless to say it upset my wife and i greatly to know that our youngest son could be dying so after hearing this, i had to get out of that room!

I did not want to cry in front of my wife so i told her i would be back in a few and while outside,i told God that i would gladly take the place of my son,that i would do anything God wanted if he would just let my son be OK. Well,praise God ,he got better and is now a normal 2 year old that continues to find new ways to get on my last nerve! After everything i had been through up to this point i was pretty much beat down to the lowest point i had ever been in my life and it was at this point that i think.......God had finally gotten me where he wanted!

With out really seeing it i became what most would call a basket case. I could not look into the sky,watch certain movies or listen to certain songs with out crying. I was so hungry for Gods love that i was hurting inside because i thought that i would never find it. I did not know it yet but i had God love all along! So,as time progressed, i talked more and more with my wife (who's faith is very strong ) and told her what i was going through. She told me that i was under convection and that God was pulling on my heart strings trying to show me that he was there for me. So one night we both caught the last 20 minutes of Left Behind III.

At the point in the movie where they were gathered around their dying friend giving thanks to God for all that he had done for them,i began to cry. I did not understand what was going on with me at that time but i knew that i wanted what they had. I wanted to know that God was there for me.So badly in fact that when i tried to tell my wife,i could not find the words. I got up and walked out side with tears running down my face and i knew right there what i needed to do but i was still afraid. Why? I did not want to be one of those people who would pray for forgiveness and yet still live the same as before. To me that was an even bigger offence against God then to not be saved. I did not want to lie to God,i wanted to live for him in a way that he would be proud of and that was why i was afraid to ask for forgiveness. I was scared to death that i was going to disappoint him!

Well, I'm an long distance truck driver so it was about 2 weeks after realising that i needed God before i could get back home and go to church and it was during those two weeks that my wife called and said she had re-dedicated herself to God. On the following Sunday i went to church with my wife with no real intentions of giving myself to God but while sitting in church i felt that every word said,every song sung was for me and it was at that point that i felt the spirit move within me.

The time i set there seemed like years and i wanted to jump out of that seat and go running to God. I wanted to get on my knees and ask...no beg for forgiveness. I leaned over to my wife and told her that i was going to do it and asked if she would go with me,she said yes and when altar call was given we were the first ones there. With tears in my eyes i cried out to Jesus and even though the words i spoke out loud were few,my heart and soul was screaming out. And thank God, i was forgiven. Let me tell you that it really did feel like the weight of the world was lifted off of me. All of the hate,rage and self destructive thoughts i had were gone and i have never felt better!

A few things to think about.

Understand that if God had not saved me that day,if i would have not went to church and asked for his forgiveness then i would not be here today. Even with the love of my wife and kids i was very close to killing myself. No matter what i did it was not good enough and no matter what,i was never happy. Because of that i hated my life. I could not bare the thought of living this life anymore,i wanted to be released from it. Satan had worked so hard on me for so many years that i my strength was nearly gone but in God i found a power and strength that is impossible to describe and it was through the power of God love that Satan was finally cast out of my heart,never to return! Praise be to God all mighty!

With the sacrifice of Jesus we can see the strength of Gods love. The bible says in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life". God sent his son to die for us! Can you imagine the love that it would require to do this! Could you do this for a stranger? Understand that Jesus could have called down an army of angels at anytime to save him but he didn't. He was beaten,wiped,spit on and mocked by the very people that he was sent to save and yet even after all of that he still stretched out is arms and took our sins upon himself that day. He did not suffer because he was told to,he suffered because because he loves us!

It is in his death and resurrection that we find forgiveness. No matter what you have done in your life,he still loves you. No matter what you do from this day on,he will still love you and he will always forgive you. All you have to do is love and trust in him and you will be saved.

Think about it. After what he went through for us,dont you think we owe him that much?

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
✟15,162.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow, it's great to hear all your testimonies :D

I was previously a Jew, raised in a restrictive, hypocritical Jewish family. Fortunately I have found the grace of god and have moved into a better place. My conversion started when at a party. I met someone who was a part of 'Jews for Jesus' an organisation promoting the change from the Jewish faith to Christian beliefs. I asked him for a glass of water, his reply to me was: "Why don't you hold your cup outside and pray for rain". At first I was skeptical of this claim however upon holding my glass outside the window and praying for rain, a downpour started. It was infact so intense that the host's garage was flooded.

In my view this was my salvation by the good grace of god toward the light. And so began a slow (yet steady) progression into the Pentecostal church and subsequently happiness and a fulfilling sense in my life. :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crissedechris

Feb 24, 2012
Paris, France
✟15,126.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, here is my testimony. The title is : "Converted With the Help Of a Make-up Remover Pad !"

My conversion to the Lord started one evening, in my bathroom. Before going to sleep, I used to clean my face applying some cleansing lotion (yes, men can take care of their face too ! ).
At the time, I lived in Paris, a town famous for its high pollution level. This particular evening, I was impressed by the quantity of dust on the make-up remover pad, and I showed it to my wife. Her response was the beginning of a long argument, because she said : “Dust you are, and to dust you will return, so why are you surprised ?”
Indeed, surprised by this affirmation, I answered back: “Wait a minute, don't tell me that you believe literally in the Bible ? And now you'll say that all the miracles written in the Bible really happened?”
OK, let me explain something first... Actually, I was a Christian (or I thought I was...), a practicing Catholic. Like many other Christians, I didn't believe the Bible literally. In concrete terms, everything has to be interpreted, the Bible was written to deliver messages, lessons, through parables and “legends.” I had a religion, which was almost a philosophy. I believed in a distant God, concepts that we should follow, but not something very important. My faith stagnated. Actually, it was one of the reasons why I was interested by something else.
So, let's get back to our business. My wife and I had a very tough discussion. I said things like « I will never let you say to our child that the Red Sea was divided, that Jesus truly multiplied bread.... » . Then, I said to myself : « I actually never read the Bible completely (I only listened to the readings at Church) ; so I will read the Bible from the beginning to the end, and read it as if I believed truly in what is said.
Actually, I was sure that I would find a lot of contradictions, especially between the Old Testament and the New Testament.
So I started reading the Bible, with this way of reading. First, I was very surprised by the Old Testament, as I discovered how many interesting messages there are, even in books that I was afraid of (Leviticus, Numbers...). I found a God who was very patient, full of love, and I was amazed by the values in these books (knowing how long ago this was written). And I was very impressed by the precision of the prophecies concerning the Messiah, given such a long time before!
Above all, I noticed that – unlike what I believed – the New Testament reinforces the Old, instead of sweeping it aside. For example, about adultery, Jesus gave a stronger warning than in the Old Testament, saying just a look with lust is already adultery! And finally, I realized that reading the Bible this way, I didn't find any contradiction, everything became coherent!
At the same time, I went with my wife one Sunday out of two to the Evangelical church, and one Sunday out of two we went to a Calvinist church. After a while, I was surprised because I realized that I was disappointed when it was the Calvinists' turn, as I preferred going to the Evangelical service! For information, the first time I attended an Evangelical service, I left saying, “Never I will be an evangelic Christian!”
There's something else that led me to subscribe to Biblical inerrancy: it was my discussions with brothers and sisters at the church, for I was amazed by their testimonies about miraculous healing, about how deeply their lives changed. Furthermore, I met men and women with a faith which can make a mountain move, who really try to apply the Word !
I didn't convert only because of the miracles or the blessings, but I thought that if they were wrong, how could I explain that the Word reflected in their lives?
This played a large part in a deep revolution: I moved from a religion to a relationship! I started to believe in a living God, who takes care of me, who can act, here and now! My prayers metamorphosed: they became a dialog, with so much more authenticity and intensity. I began to really understand how important I salvation is—the “new birth.” A few months afterwards, I was baptized in water!
God knows how to use very special ways to bring people to Him, and His sense of humor doesn't fail Him!

• Winner
Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm new on christianforums and I read different topics. Did anybody notice that in august someone who didn't believe said that the devil is nonsense and they said: stop your atheist trolling. Later he asked for prayer and on that same topic he said: thanks for your prayers, I'm saved now. And 15 minutes later he asked somewhere else which church he could attend best. Hallelujah! It's indeed possible for the Lord to use a forum. I had almost given up hope.

Upvote 0

revrod

Sep 25, 2012
Carthage, IL
✟7,795.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last Sunday during service we had a young lady who looked at the cross on the wall of our sanctuary and saw a vision of Jesus hanging there bleeding. She saw an angel under the cross catching the blood in a bowl and pouring it over different people in the congregation. When the angel she saw got to her and poured the blood over her, she came to the alter and rededicated her life. On Wednesday night she testified that she got home that afternoon and threw away movies, CDs, books, and things that connected her to the world. Yesterday, she testified that she spoke to her now ex-girlfriend and told her that she was now living for Jesus and was no longer living that lifestyle. God is so awesome!

Upvote 0